It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No need to quit smoking during the apocalypse

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Rocketman7

Smokers are weak and often they are considered easily breakable.

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain
on the Medical system right along side fat people!

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

Ooohhkay then. You know the first group that should be hunted down?

BIGOTS. don't need them.
Everyone's addicted to something, sugar, coffee, pain pills, caffine in other forms.
Many of the strongest willed people ever to have lived were smokers.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

C'mon man, don't be such a downer. I've lived like you, with these very strong opinions, and I grew out of it. I'm 18. I've read all the posts you made and at first, I was really offended. I smoke. And your basically saying you want me dead or that I am the same as rapists. That hurt a little. But then I just let it go.

When I smoke, I take care to make sure I am not putting anyone who would not want to be around my smoking around it. And if someone doesn't want me to, I either don't smoke or move. I ask, because I don't want others to be subjected to a choice that they decided not to make.

As for your satanism, I've read the satanic bible. At first I rally agreed with it. But I began to see major flaws in that frame of mind. Brotha, you need to feel the love for your fellow human, not hate because they have a flaw. For you to condemn them is not your place. And they honestly don't care what you think when its all said and done anyway. they are not going to remember what one outrageously rude poster on a conspiracy website said 10 mins from now (while their having a stogie). You need to man up and show some respect, because the only one your hurting is yourself. It is medically proven that living your life with so much hate will shorten your lifespan and kill you as effeciently as cigarettes will. And its equally as painful.
edit on 10/21/2011 by Gosda because: i forgot two letters in two different locations

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Now, to the thread.

I smoke. Alot. For a while I was smoking crappy mainstream cigs. But recently, I switched to Amercain Spirits, and i love em. I noticed my health has greatly improved since i switched. And the Perique are sooo yummy!
Also, No. 27's aint bad either, when I can't get the ones i want. I will smoke after the SHTF. What else am i gonna do? peace!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!

Alongside pedophiles and rapists!!??
Please explain, because to me you are sounding like someone with major daddy issues.

Yeah, I have a feeling his daddy or uncle must have sodomised him with lit cigarettes. He probably loved it too.

I'll stick to normal cigarettes, I've tried those e-cig things and they are good, but I'm not comfortable with taking in so many chemicals.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Your money would be much better spent buying a Glock and some ammo. Securing lightweight freeze dried foods and obtaining other survival gear. When a man is starving and a cigarette is placed in front of him along with a plate of food and he can choose only one. Which would he choose? If you choose the smoke you deserve what you get-you indeed will die.
I used to smoke years ago. A lot of years ago. Quitting was the hardest thing I ever did, But I did do it.....
My son is a smoker:.......
when he comes for a visit he isn't allowed to smoke in the house. But my house wreaks of stale smoke for hours just from him. If he were not my son he would not be allowed in at all.
He is 37 I am in my 60s. I look at him and tell him to quit because the time is coming when he will not have a choice and if it needs done ---- do it. He cannot.
I ride a bike: I actually am an accomplished cyclist riding 100 mile rides every season. My son would not even be able to ride a single mile. I am twice my sons age and I could be 100 miles away from home with a backpack in 6 hours.....No gas needed. I even have a small trailer to fasten onto my hybrid that would carry additional equipment. I hope I never need it....I suspect I shall......I do not smoke...I would not survive if I did.
A smoker dependent on that drug would never be able to bug out any distance at all. If you smoke, and you truly believe time is short. then you had better get it done one way or another. If you smoke and this world melts down, you will most certainly not survive. Quit Now! If you do not....you will indeed not survive.

That's great. You had it your way, smoked when it benefited you, but now that you are older, just can't stand the smell, so others shouldn't have the right. I grew up in a world where people were smoking everywhere. They smoked in office buildings, in the grocery store, always with the kids, inside the house, in the car, etc... Now that that generation is older, everyone must quit smoking. No more smoking indoors (I prefer outside anyway), 15 feet from a door, always someone offering a lecture. The world I grew up in didn't have paved streets. They were made of cigarette butts and coke/beer tabs.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Are you sure you do not smoke? You act like a chronic cannabis smoker.

2nd
edit on 21-10-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

In my opinion, a cigarette smoker isn't as weak an individual as someone who feels the need to post a picture as an avatar of a little girl holding a sign which says "I Love Satan".

While many cigarette smokers simply go about their business, smoke their cigarette and go on with their lives, you somehow feel insecure enough in yourself to post that twisted avatar, to draw attention, and project some twisted image of yourself on an internet forum.

So you may think smoking cigarettes is a sign of weakness, while I think someone posting a twisted avatar on an internet forum to project some sick-humored image of themselves in need of acceptance from members they'll never actually meet in real life, is in actuality a larger weakness.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
up until the power goes out and you cant recharge or you run out of refills because they cant manufacture anymore...

Easier doing as do now grow tobacco in garden and cure then use or take days hike thru the jungle here and trade for it with the local Hmong village.. As out here things will go on as they always have when the western world collapses..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
reply to post by Six6Six

Well I guess your just Mr.Perfect then, arnt ya?

Really? wow, just wow!
If this is truly how you feel about someone who has an addiction than maybe you should be the first in line for the gas chambers. Theres alot I would like to say to you but all would be in violation of ATS's T & C.

Geeez...... Love is unconditional brotha, and you need alot of it.
I believe it was a speech made in the movie " The Great Dictator" that it is said.

"Only the unloved hate"
edit on 20-10-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

I am not addicted to anything that can effect my health in a negative way. But those who do get addicted use it as an excuse. Weak and overused.

I dunno about that. That jones you have for smug self-righteousness could affect your health in the long run via pummelings.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

After all the hatred and garbage that has come out of your mouth (fingers) in this thread, I really had to login to say that I think you are a first class idiot. Never before have I read such crap spewed from an American, and that's saying something because I've seen a lot of Bush's and Obama's speeches!

What a load of bull, how about this:

"I hope you die of passive cancer, and your kids do too, but before you, so you have to say goodbye to them in the most horrible and most painful way possible."

That's what reading your comments is like for others (especially smokers).

Welcome to my rival/enemy list, and just like that (poof ha), you're gone!

As an enraged smoker, I would happily beat the crap out of you, anyday.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Your perception of chronic cannabis smokers is a little reefer madness...

reply to post by Pregnant

I'll stick to normal cigarettes, I've tried those e-cig things and they are good, but I'm not comfortable with taking in so many chemicals.

edit on 21-10-2011 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

"I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!"

And how do obese people harm others ?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Switched to ECigs (personal vaporiser) and started 'vaping' (not smoking, but vaping) about 7 months ago and would NEVER go back to smoking filthy, carcingenic, stinking tobacco cigs.

Best health move i ever did was buying a cheapish ecig kit.

Since moved on to the top of the line devices, which obviously work better, last longer and are more satisfying than the cheap kits, but i'm so glad i bought a few kits for my family and myself.

30+ years of smoking, and gone..poof...just like that.

No cravings, no weight gain (as the ejuice has nicotine in it), no withdrawal, no problem.

In fact, i WISH these were around 30 odd years ago, if they were i would never has started smoking cigs in the first place.

The amount of flavours and strengths of eliquid available are is truly amazing. Hundreds of different flavours including the standard 'analogue cigarette type' tobacco / pipe /cigar flavour (some taste just like actual tobacco) right through to almost every fruit and dessert flavour you can think of (bannoffee pie, blueberry pie, maple waffle, vanilla cream, strawberry ice cream, apple pie etc. etc. to alcoholic drinks whiskey, brandy, whiskey cream (baileys) beer, absinthe, to even roast beef or hot chilli flavour (if you're into that), there's even a range of eliquid that together with nicotine, contains an..ahem..'erection enhancer' ingredient 'C', and there's others with vitamin C, D etc and even a certain flavour of a herbal plant grown a lot in Holland (if you get my drift!)

The variety is almost endless. I tend to stick with a liquid called RY4 which is a sweet tobacco flavour with tastes of caramel, honey and toffee..it's lovely, especially when used in a custom made juice tank (about 5ml capacity) with a stainless steel cartomiser with a hole punched in the bottom (it won't mean a lot to you if you don't 'vape'.)
The flavour and nicotine throat hit is great, and lasts a long while.

I ordered my PV (ecig) from the states, as it has features not available in any other device (at the time) locally.
It's a variable voltage device, able to range from 3.0v up to 6v, which is handy depending on what vaping device is attached to it, a cartomiser in a tank, a bud tank, a straight dripping attomiser, a dual coil carto, a high res carto, a low res carto...as you can see, there are almost as many options about how you vape the eliquid as there are with eliquid itself!

They are a terrific thing, and i wholeheartedly encourage ANYONE still smoking (and slowly killing themselves) filthy, tobacco cigs and cigars/pipes, to switch to a good quality ecig and experiment around with the juice and devices till you find your favourite combo.

My advice would be DON'T buy the cheap, disposable ones, they'll put you off ecigs, as they are basically crap. Shell out a few £/$ whatever, and go for a medium priced model and accessories.

It will be one of the best things you ever did, and while it saves your health (and of those around you too), it saves you money after you have bought all the bits and bobs, too.

I can't stand the smell of tobacco cigs anymore, and i actually pity people i see smoking.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Seriously, you need to read up on what exactly is in 'normal cigarette' smoke.

You say, you'll stick to them because you're not happy taking in so many chemicals?

Would it surprise you to learn that your 'normal cigarettes' pump over 4000 different chemicals into your lungs?

And that at least 60 - 70 of them are known to cause cancer in humans?

Here's a list: www.tricountycessation.org...

On the other hand, ecigs and eliquid contain PG (propylene glycol), VG (vegetable Glycerine), nicotine BP (pharma grade nicotine) and natural flavourings.

That's it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Plain and simple...you are ignorant. You would rather hang with a serial killer than a smoker? Well at least your inevitable death wouldn't be drug out for years right?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
From the point of view of a smoker. I smoked from 16 year old to 27 when I joined the military. Had to quit during bootcamp then I started back up. I have never had a problem keeping up with non Smoker on any of the courses. I think to compare a smoker with a Pedo or Rapist is just rude. I have dealt with people like SixSix before they would come over to the smoke pit where we all went to smoke and complain about the smell. Here we were going out of our way so they would not have to smell it and they would still complain. One guy went so far as to try to do this and grab the ciggy out of my mouth. He didn't last very long.

I have never tried the E cigarette, I just figure I would quit again. If there is no supply of ciggies then I can't smoke. No point in getting flustered over it. Same thing Happened In Bootcamp. They said no ciggies all of us smoker gave up our ciggies. We were to busy the first two weeks to think about ciggies and after we really didn't care. Funny thing I started getting withdraw pangs about two days before bootcamp was over because I knew I could once again smoke..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Stop trolling you moron statements like that are not the standard on this site, people are free to do whatever they like, sounds like you would be better served over at GLP.

I smoke and have quit regularly however went back on them after a family death, I always smoke outside, never in doors regardless of the weather. I do not smoke infront of kids and never around people eating. Does this make me the same as a peado. You need to learn some manners and maybe get some education into you.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Seriously, you need to read up on what exactly is in 'normal cigarette' smoke.

You say, you'll stick to them because you're not happy taking in so many chemicals?

Would it surprise you to learn that your 'normal cigarettes' pump over 4000 different chemicals into your lungs?

And that at least 60 - 70 of them are known to cause cancer in humans?

Here's a list: www.tricountycessation.org...

On the other hand, ecigs and eliquid contain PG (propylene glycol), VG (vegetable Glycerine), nicotine BP (pharma grade nicotine) and natural flavourings.

That's it.

Tell it to someone who cares.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

After reading your post I am going to try them as tried the patches and always went back, this seems like a no brainer so thanks for the help

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
reply to post by Six6Six

lol you underestimate smokers! .if you gota a smoker and cigs are running low that dose not make them less effective. If anything thay are even more efective becuas thay will be far more motivated to get out in to town to re up on smokes.

and the whole lumping smokers and the obeese with the likes of pedophiles?? really?
i tried to keep an open mind with you until i read that little gem! haha
Are you shur you are in the right place?
you prolly just alienated more then half the ATS comunity

edit on 20-10-2011 by jplaysguitar because: 777

That is BS. A smoker is a drug addict at the end of the day. They will sell their own children to get a cigarette.

Smokers have long been a useless part of society. People who slowly kill themselves and pay a fortune for it....How dumb does one have to be. I my opinion and its just mine, smokers should not be entitled to free medical or any government or state benefits. They should be outcast and have no rights. After all they smoke willy nilly abusing non smokers rights all day, blowing their poison into the air.

Smokers are just weak, take away their cigs and they become a pest!

As for alienating half of this community. I dont care. I would rather hold the company of a serial killer than that of a room full of smokers.

I agree and would include internal combustion users what with all the pollution they spew not to mention oil spills, refinery accidents, plane, car and train crashes, ect... Cell phone users with the microwave pollution and inattentive accidents, ect... Electricity users... Jeez.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join