It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No need to quit smoking during the apocalypse

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Rocketman7

Smokers are weak and often they are considered easily breakable.

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain
on the Medical system right along side fat people!

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

That seems a little harsh. I smoke cigarettes but am certainly not like any of those others you mentioned. I even have a tattoo, what else does that say about me? Easily breakable? Man, I have seen some very tough people who smoke.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I'll stick to normal cigarettes, I've tried those e-cig things and they are good, but I'm not comfortable with taking in so many chemicals.

That there has to be the funniest thing I've ever read.

As for 666, I'm not sure why you're all giving it the time of day. Feeding the trolls only makes it worse.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

reply to post by Rocketman7

Smokers are weak and often they are considered easily breakable.

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain
on the Medical system right along side fat people!

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!

People like you end up been on the receiving end of a bad car crash with comments like that...karma Moron!

Yeah well so far no luck there. But you look like you have been in one or two!!

Just saying....sometime when women over 35 have babies they are more prevalent to certain things. Look it up my friend.

That's a shame then, because the image in my profile is Karl Pilkington...but I don't see what that has to do with your moronic comments!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
reply to post by Six6Six

lol you underestimate smokers! .if you gota a smoker and cigs are running low that dose not make them less effective. If anything thay are even more efective becuas thay will be far more motivated to get out in to town to re up on smokes.

and the whole lumping smokers and the obeese with the likes of pedophiles?? really?
i tried to keep an open mind with you until i read that little gem! haha
Are you shur you are in the right place?
you prolly just alienated more then half the ATS comunity

edit on 20-10-2011 by jplaysguitar because: 777

That is BS. A smoker is a drug addict at the end of the day. They will sell their own children to get a cigarette.

Smokers have long been a useless part of society. People who slowly kill themselves and pay a fortune for it....How dumb does one have to be. I my opinion and its just mine, smokers should not be entitled to free medical or any government or state benefits. They should be outcast and have no rights. After all they smoke willy nilly abusing non smokers rights all day, blowing their poison into the air.

Smokers are just weak, take away their cigs and they become a pest!

As for alienating half of this community. I dont care. I would rather hold the company of a serial killer than that of a room full of smokers.

LOL!

How about that, here's someone who also, if given the choice to eat food with a table filled with smokers vs. not eat at all would rather starve to death, than eat.

This person would literally sell their own mother to live free from a world where smokers existed... how conditional. I tell ya, some people can't accept the fact that no mater what it is that makes them produce speech of this magnitude, it is none the less an OBSESSION with hate, which is an addiction. A drug. A relief of emotional tension, through the intentional hatred of other people.

This person obviously is a raw nerve walking around looking for something to scream at. Hey, walk the walk buddy, hate sells, and everybody's buying. Don't you feel the love? That's right, you're a hater, how can you tell if it's really love? OH, I get it, you hate love, thus you probably have body piercings in places unmentionable... and we're not even gonna go with that lil downstairs room filled with leather and handcuffs - and that lil school girl dress you like wearing...

If you were in front of me right now... I'd actually waste a good cohiba, just to get the satisfaction of blowing the smoke right in your face...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

I have smoked ecigarettes and they are pretty good. The vapor you inhale is actually food based oils with different flavorings.

I also smoke regular cigarettes, but I never smoke around someone who does not. That is called common courtesy. I don't smoke around children because they don't need to inhale the smoke from my cigarette.

But I choose to smoke in my home and in my car and I have smoker friends who come to visit me and we share cigarettes as we sit and talk about things going on in our lives. Smoking, like drinking, can be a form of social interaction. If a young person asks me about starting smoking, I would encourage them not to start unless they fully understand the implications that comes with smoking. I am a middle-aged person, I know the implications.

So when the apocalypse comes, there are going to be a lot of people having nicotine fits.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The Heading for the OP is sort of ironic!

Of course you won't need to quit smoking! It's the Apocalypse! LOL

In Hell it is typically smoking no matter where you wander!

Seriously, in light of the fact that this is Harold Camping's "Judgment Day", 10-21-11, I won't mind telling people that I have an addictive personality trait!

My parents both smoked since the 50's as teens, they smoked cigs without filters like 'Chesterfield'. There were five kids and typically we had small houses as we moved from home to home systematically every four years (Army).

It was during a "scare" when my mom decided that if she provided me with cigs she could prevent me from ever having one of those "funny cigarettes", you know, the illegal ones! So she began to supply me with a carton a week. I dismissed them at first and passed them out to friends but then one day I lit one up, it was disgusting but odd (of course, its a drug).

Skip 25 years later (six years ago) and I finally quit! I used Welbutrin (antipsychotic) as my means. It is awesome to be smoke-free!

I do realize the potential of what the OP is saying, but he is casual about the "Apocalypse" and I don't think he quite has the real concept! Sorry, but I cannot even begin to take this in any context but! LOL

OK, my mom finally quit long before I did, I think maybe 10 years after I started. She said that as a smoker she never realized the "stench" that tobacco places on people and clothing, especially furniture or inside of a car! As a smoker she could not smell it as it really smells (this is true for everyone that smokes). She apologized to all of us kids that she now suddenly realizes that she was sending smelly kids to school, she said she was very embarrassed about that even ten years later (moms!)! She wouldn't ever let someone smoke in the same room with a child now, and fortunately all of her grandchildren are in smoke-free environments because I guess I was the only sibling that was at "risk" of those darned "Funny-Cigarettes!" Good Lord! LOL

I Forgive her! I declare I am a Drug Addict forever and ever but I am not about to touch that poison any more than I am going to touch Pharmaceuticals! I am Free to move about the Garden!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am a registered nurse and I see everyday the effects that cigarette smoking has on people. It truly is sickening, and I don't want to be like all the COPD patients I see hacking and strugling for O2, or the patients that died under my care from lung cancer at a young age. It is really sad. Being a smoker myself, I really wanted to and HAD to quit, plus I HATE the smell. My problem is that I LOVE to smoke.....the inhale and blowing the smoke out is like a stress cleansing effect. My life is far too stressful for me to quit cold turkey, so I needed options. I tried the patches, gum, prescriptions, etc., to no avail. So, I read about the Ecig and bought my husband and I (both 25+ year smokers) Ecig kits that arrived on January 3, 2011. January 3, 2011 was the last day that my husband and I ever smoked a cigarette. Just like that, poof, no more cigarettes! The freaking things are AMAZING! I know loathe the smell of a cigarette smoker. A lot of my family members smoke and the smell and the smoke make me sick. I no longer have a smoker's cough. I am not inhaling ANY carcinogens. I have more energy. My sense of smell is back. My taste buds are healed. I have not been ill since I switched. My teeth are white. No weight gain. Plus my breath now smells like waffles (my juice of choice) instead of an ash tray! The list goes on and on. Another great thing about the Ecig is that the juice comes in various strenths of nicotine, all the way down to 0 nicotine juice. So you can wean yourself down on the nicotine strength and vape with no nicotine! So if anyone has any doubts about the Ecig, DON'T! They are the best invention since bread (for smokers anyway)!

Anyway, that is my 2 cents....for what it's worth.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Greensage, your mother sounds like a very lovely lady. As a woman, I think that whatever a woman does there is nothing wrong in being ladylike when you do it. In the 1950s, it was socially acceptable for women to smoke because it seemed glamorous.

Greer Garson, Katherin Hepburn, Claudette Colbert and Marlena Dietrich proved that they could smoke and still be ladylike.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pregnant

I'll stick to normal cigarettes, I've tried those e-cig things and they are good, but I'm not comfortable with taking in so many chemicals.

In that case you should RUN not walk to e-cigs and Never touch another tobacco cigarette.

At most e-cigs have 4 ingredients. Nicotine, PG, VG and flavor.

Regular cigarettes have over 4000 chemicals when burned. 70 are known to cause cancer, 599 added toxic chemicals are added by the tobacco company in tobacco processing to make the nicotine stronger and control the burn. The remainder of those 4000 chemicals have not been studied on the body - we simply do not know what they do to the body.

So the choice is clear for fewer chemicals. E-cigs win by a landslide.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm just guessing, but I'll bet your a glass half full kinda guy....=)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Linking people who smoke a by product of a plant which grows naturally on the planet to people who perform sex acts on children, rape people... I mean, you should run for president, or perhaps just go find a moving train and jump in front of it.

I rank people like you like the dirt under my shoes. I'll be sure to look out for you when TSHTF and shoot you to eat first, all the while smoking a large cigar and stubbing it on your forehead.

T
edit on 21-10-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain you will probably be able to still grow tobacco. I'm sure we won't run out of it if we are able to grow anything at all. Most people that are farmers don't rely on too much technology anyway. It would be more of an agrarian lifestyle. People can continue to live and yes trade will become more important. If you feel worried about any coming armageddon then simply prepare for such by educating yourself and learning to live without technology. It can be done. Try fishing, hunting, farming, etc. Also purchase some kind of field guide for survival or take some lessons from someone who knows. It's always best to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Cigarettes are like money in prison and they may become like money during or after an apocalypse.

So they will quickly be looted.

When you think about it, for many of us, it is the perfect SHTF currency.

It's easily divisible.
It's something others highly value, that I have no use for.
It's easy to carry.

Heck, the US was BUILT on tobacco...

Back in 2000, I started having a nice little stockpile of cigarettes, just in case. (I've since sold them off, and gradually replenish for a fresh supply)...even though I don't smoke.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You are very correct there. The E cig will not harm others. So to me it is perfectly acceptable. I am not sure how smokers react to the e cig. Maybe its a poor substitution. Like a blow up doll instead of the real thing.

Most ( 99 %) of e-cig users are ex smokers. Smokers are drawn to e-cigs because they do the same thing a cigarette does without the harm cigarettes cause. They deliver the nicotine the smoker craves.

At first a smoker may think, " nah, that's not going to work for me." but then to not continue to be killing themselves slowly with burning tobacco they give the e-cig a try. They quickly find that " Damn these things do work". This attraction has the " I get to use a cool new high tech gadget effect".Us men love that.

Then there is the aspect of Wow, There are thousands of flavors besides just regular tobacco and menthol. I am currently vaping Pineapple Milkshake, Peanut Butter, Coffee with sweet cream, A tobacco flavor called Wyatt Earp, and Earl Grey Tea.

And lastly a smoker can use the e-cig just about anywhere, even most places smoking tobacco is banned. Even inside restaurants and movie theaters. No smoke, No fire. No second hand hazard.

E-cigs are a little different, and have a learning curve, so it takes a little while to warm up to them, but once a smoker can successfully replace smoking tobacco with an e-cig, over 80 % of them never look back. They are that effective at helping a person quit smoking.

I can tell you now after almost 7 months the idea of smoking a regular cigarette to me is nasty. Most e-cig users find this. A lot of e-cig users quit smoking by accident. They get the e-cig to be able to get their nic fix in places they cannot smoke and find them using burning tobacco less and less. Happens all the time. Amazing - a quit smoking product that works by accident !

We prefer to think of choosing to vape as switching brands, or using a smoking alternative other than simply quitting but in the end it has the same effect - we stopped inhaling the burning tobacco and over 4000 chemicals that were killing us slowly.
edit on 21-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
@6six

Do they not have smoking bans where you live? If so why are you complaining? Surely all public places are smoke free? If a smoker is smoking outside it's not affecting you unless you decide to get close to them, and even then it's hardly a big deal because you are outside. I bet you'll happily get on an aeroplane or drive a car, which is polluting the world far more than cigarettes! How many peopole die from car accidents each year? I bet it's more than people dying from smoking! So that would make you a massive hypocrite! Your logic is messed up!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think this debate is kind of funny. Santa-ist and all.

Quite honestly i would not want to be the whiner that mouthed off in the end times about anyone smoking. Thats pretty much going to be asking for a shorter trip on this rock. Or at least a trip to the hos....never mind its closed.

Second and final point.......breathing the air post Fukushima is 18 times more deadly than smoking two packs a day.

think about that. ...............then think about it again.

The swirling dust kicked up into the air from a lawnmower or blower......175 times more deadly to breathe.

We just hit the end of the whining and rant. Personally if someone wanted to smoke at that time i would pull out my lighter.....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Meanwhile people who dont smoke will be running around seeking water and food while all the smokers are trading ciggies, wouldnt that be funny.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

do you drink beer larger spirits etc you know the worlds worst drugs
let he who dose not sin cast the first stone

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ErasmusSB654

i bet its never empty

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I just received the best ever mail. I read about a legendary e-flavor RY4. Apparently it had disappeared and there has been a "hunt" for the original ever since. One company sells the original one again and I got 30ml of it. It's so good that I have to struggle not to chainvape that. Woah!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join