It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Boss

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by MentalGiant

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by MentalGiant

Say what you will. Don't care just trying to point out the obvious.

As far as anyone on here knows you are living in a trailer in Kentucky. Your posts reek of redneck hick, so how are we different?

You've lost your place in line now son.....Go to the back....I could care less of your opinion of me..... You've proven less than capable of understanding sound business advise....I have personally seen millions of $$$$ annually for years roll through my business, I have owned multiple business', bought/sold companies, ventured into restaurants, owned/operated a financial firm in 22 states, and I am bored now....

Go back to believing your Kentucky fantasy since that is what you need to believe to feel better about yourself...

This will be my last reply to you because I see that there is very little point in continuing it; however, I have to say one more thing. You are a very judgmental person. I explained a problem that my friend is having, and you bashed her and her husband up one side and down another. They are neither stupid or looking to cheat anyone.

The tone you have used with everyone on this board is very rude and dismissive.

You (and I) are not privy to every detail about my friend's business. I only know enough to repeat some of what she told me, and I'm pretty sure she was being candid about the issues. What she said about unemployment insurance I was able to verify, and I'm sure there is a lot more to their decisions than she shared with me. But I don't know why it is your go out of your way to "prove" that you are the guru of business and my friend is a cheating moron.

I'm done with you.

I never said I was the "guru" of business, and I never said your friends were "cheating morans". You did! Those were your words, you stated I said those words and that is a fabrication of truth. I never said "guru" or "cheating morons".

I just find it weird that 2 lawyers (partners in a husband/wife firm) cant seem to bring in "good help"..."because of the government". It really astonishes me...I made a few suggeI apologize for the tone of arrogancestions, I apologize for the tone of arrogance...I am just astonished that they hav'nt moved into a few other ideas...before giving up and blaming someone else for their inability to hire an office assistant.

Life is too short. I wish I would'nt have offended you. I do hope your friends can get good help for a reasonable "burden", on the books, and I do see your side, I just disagree that they are at an impass regarding this matter, and I think they still have many other options left...
edit on 20-10-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo

Originally posted by supine

I believe it's like telling his own employees that they are too stupid to make up their own minds about who they should vote for themselves.

History shows most people are too stupid to make up their own minds on who to vote for.

He actually wants his employees to make the best decision, without pontificating on what it actually is. he's quite clear, vote for whoever serves your own interests. I think he does a very good job of illustrating the common lack of understanding Americans have when it comes to how our country works.

And sadly most of his employees will end up either not voting at all or voting for whoever has the best 60 second TV commercial

Politicans are like Car dealers

Hey come buy a car from me becuase I have a giant inflatable gorilla out front and free hotdogs

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Say what you will. Don't care just trying to point out the obvious.

As far as anyone on here knows you are living in a trailer in Kentucky. Your posts reek of redneck hick, so how are we different?

You've lost your place in line now son.....Go to the back....I could care less of your opinion of me..... You've proven less than capable of understanding sound business advise....I have personally seen millions of $$$$ annually for years roll through my business, I have owned multiple business', bought/sold companies, ventured into restaurants, owned/operated a financial firm in 22 states, and I am bored now....

Go back to believing your Kentucky fantasy since that is what you need to believe to feel better about yourself...

This will be my last reply to you because I see that there is very little point in continuing it; however, I have to say one more thing. You are a very judgmental person. I explained a problem that my friend is having, and you bashed her and her husband up one side and down another. They are neither stupid or looking to cheat anyone.

The tone you have used with everyone on this board is very rude and dismissive.

You (and I) are not privy to every detail about my friend's business. I only know enough to repeat some of what she told me, and I'm pretty sure she was being candid about the issues. What she said about unemployment insurance I was able to verify, and I'm sure there is a lot more to their decisions than she shared with me. But I don't know why it is your go out of your way to "prove" that you are the guru of business and my friend is a cheating moron.

I'm done with you.

I never said I was the "guru" of business, and I never said your friends were "cheating morans". You did! Those were your words, you stated I said those words and that is a fabrication of truth. I never said "guru" or "cheating morons".

I just find it weird that 2 lawyers (partners in a husband/wife firm) cant seem to bring in "good help"..."because of the government". It really astonishes me...I made a few suggeI apologize for the tone of arrogancestions, I apologize for the tone of arrogance...I am just astonished that they hav'nt moved into a few other ideas...before giving up and blaming someone else for their inability to hire an office assistant.

Life is too short. I wish I would'nt have offended you. I do hope your friends can get good help for a reasonable "burden", on the books, and I do see your side, I just disagree that they are at an impass regarding this matter, and I think they still have many other options left...
edit on 20-10-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

Okay, thanks for that.

By the way, they do have some office employees--some that have worked for them for many years. They just don't feel like they can hire a new one right now even though they would like to, and they are frustrated. It's as I explained above...if they do hire someone they are stuck with them, because if they lay them off they have to pay the 99 weeks of unemployment. They would like the freedom to hire someone else and then eliminate the position later. Sure, they could go temp, but it's not worth it to them. Hence the dilemma.

It makes me thankful for my salaried position...none of these worries.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

if they do hire someone they are stuck with them, because if they lay them off they have to pay the 99 weeks of unemployment. They would like the freedom to hire someone else and then eliminate the position later.

The solution to your freinds problem is to hire someone and then when you are ready to fire them, just drive them insane instead.

Start by changing thier hours and job duties. You could even relocate thier desk to the basement or to a windowless corner. Reguardless just make them move every week or so.

You could even fabricate some fake complaints or something. Find the smallest errors on thier part and make a huge deal about it.

The object of the game would be to get them to quit rather then you having to fire them.

Then you wouldn't have to pay unemployment
edit on 20-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Okay--

Let's all just start referring to each other as consumers and producers--what do ya think?? Yeah, we'll just split up and yell at each other about how wrong the other group is. Business owners can sit around and mock their employees and tell them how lucky they are to even be employed....etc.

Would that make everybody happy?

I'd love to suggest that we all start working together, get rid of the individualist mindset, and try to improve all life on this planet but I would probably be labeled a Marxist or Communist.

I don't even know what to say anymore. This is all I see when I come to this site now.....a bunch of politicians slinging mud at each other.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If the letter were infact geniune, it would represent .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of people who are this sucessful.

And it basically suggests that no one works as hard as this guy. BS. Tons of people who are struggling work as hard as they possibly can.

Most of the elite one percenter's are, as we've discussed on this site: Either: 1. Lucky, 2, Born with it, or 3. Work hard (1% of the 1%). And it's not just because they work "so hard" it's because they work hard like the ones who are struggling AND they are lucky.
edit on 20-10-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
One of the first letters posted to the internet back in 2008. Letter disclosing company name HERE

North Carolina Secretary of State shows that this company was not formed until the year 2000 HERE The status shows a converted business in 2000 probably from private to public or a name change. So the fact that the author claimed he started the business 12 years prior might still be true.

The name of the owner including telephone number is the same as the letter; however, there is a change in physical address but this was noted in 2010 to the Secretary of State. www.crowley-crisp.com...

So this does appear to be a legitimate letter. One important aspect to note is that this is coming from a Professional Corporation. A professional corporation is taxed a bit differently then a regular corporation. The owner may have sent in a $288,000 check to the IRS, but because professional corporations get to elect how they are taxed, this fault is of the owners own making. While I sympathize with the owner, if he makes 5 million dollars in personal income his tax burden is going to be expensive, especially if he takes his income directly from the corporation as income before taxes. So sorry for this owner, but he set up his tax profile in a way that he receives all the income of his company and pays taxes on it at a higher rate.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
If the letter were infact geniune, it would represent .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of people who are this sucessful.

And it basically suggests that no one works as hard as this guy. BS. Tons of people who are struggling work as hard as they possibly can.

Most of the elite one percenter's are, as we've discussed on this site: Either: 1. Lucky, 2, Born with it, or 3. Work hard (1% of the 1%). And it's not just because they work "so hard" it's because they work hard like the ones who are struggling AND they are lucky.

Sometimes even stupid people are successful.

When that happens it's ussually because they hired the right people or people smarter than themselves. Those are the people you want to keep. It doesn't sound like the guy who wrote this letter has anyone like that working for him.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

This happens all the times. A survey of employees found that almost every employee who has ever been fired knew it was coming. Why? Because they started to get treated differently and with a sense of disdain or disrespect. I have seen this happen too. I personally think we need private unemployment insurance. I also think all employment should be contractual to some extent. I once accepted a job, quit my other job, moved 100 miles and then the employer decided they didn't want me anymore. There are no repercussions for the employer doing this.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Same letter, dated 2009: rightwingchicky.wordpress.com...

The letter is filled with self-pity, and if this guy was having so many problems running the business, while all his employees reaped all the benefits, why the hell is he self-employed? He makes it sound like if he quit and got an underling position his life would be a million times better, but instead chooses to rant about being over taxed and over burdened... He then goes on to make it sound like he can retire any day now?

He's got the best of both worlds for complaining. Overly taxed, sweat and blood to fight for survival AND so much money that he can afford to retire and leave the country.

On a side note, self-assessment of ability is often unreliable. en.wikipedia.org... When he talks about his assessment of his capabilities as a business owner, I really don't care.

In the end, this is nothing more than a recycled piece of propaganda being resurrected for the next election cycle.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Even if this letter is taken at face value,
It just says to me that the hopeless drudgery
Of what chasing the American Dream has become
Is finally climbing its way up the totem pole

The system is broken folks. Consciously dismantled for at least the last 30 years.
The sooner we all quit pointing fingers and claiming that some "get it" and others don't
The sooner we can move on and stop being tired rusty cogs in this choking machine

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard

Even if this letter is taken at face value,
It just says to me that the hopeless drudgery
Of what chasing the American Dream has become
Is finally climbing its way up the totem pole

The system is broken folks. Consciously dismantled for at least the last 30 years.
The sooner we all quit pointing fingers and claiming that some "get it" and others don't
The sooner we can move on and stop being tired rusty cogs in this choking machine

Everyone will eventually get it in about 5 years when we are all homeless, destitute and branded as vagrant terrorists in our own country.

Get it

Ha Ha

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If that dude is pulling in enough to owe almost 300k in taxes, I don't feel too sorry for him.

This dude apparently thinks that because he owns a business and worked hard and scraped by to get it to where it is, he's somehow better than his "friends".

I'm sure those people didn't have to work hard and save and scrimp by to get to where they're at
I'm sure that 50k a year was just handed to them on a silver platter the second they stepped out of high school.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This guy, while threatening his employees, which I disagree with, is talking absolute truth. Why should the hard working business owners of America be burdened with soooo many taxes. I think its time for accountability in this country, you know who you are, the people that have made a living suckling off the government teet, the lazy bum that is still collecting unemployment, but too lazy to go out and look for a new job, the idiot collecting social security at forty years old on a lie, and has never worked more than a year of his life, the morons getting six bridge cards in different names at their homes. Yes, these idiots are to blame for this countries problems, its time to start rewarding the hard working business owners, and hard working honest employees that make it possible for these bums to get their monthly boon, right out of our own paychecks..I AM TIRED OF IT

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

I agree somewhat with that letter.. The problem is not the "rich" who run a small or medium sized business, but instead the multi billionaire bankers that are so powerful that they are able to lobby to get loopholes so that they can pretty much get away from paying taxes all together.
It is those who hog most of the money and earn it all mostly through corruption.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I knew this was a old one. But it is prophetic isn't it? Probably even more relevent today than in 2008.

If it were a actual letter, having all of 12 employees makes him a small business. Your average locally owned Bar & Grill employs more people than that.

the company i work for has 15 employees and grossed in the multimillion s last year... small employee base =/= small business.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

While I agree with your sentiments about lazy bums, it really is quite myopic to blame the poor, the people with the least amount of power, for the entirety of the country's woes.

If we're looking for someone to blame, let us not forget the company that had to lay off 50 thousand people (and put them on unemployment and in poverty in the first place) because profits didn't meet expectations while simultaneously giving the company's executives millions in bonuses.

Let us not forget the billions of dollars politicians have devoted to the rebuilding of countries halfway around the world while our own infrastructure here in the U.S. crumbles, money which could have been used to rebuild our own society while simultaneously putting Americans back to work.

If you're looking to blame the lazy bums, that's fine and that's fair, but please don't assume that it's only them who are wasting our tax dollars or stiffing the average working Joe.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My own story is similar to the OP but on a much smaller scale. I am just a teensy one-person consulting firm. I reviewed my 2010 expenses the other day. Almost $40K. That $40K went to several waitresses to help them pay their bills, my auto mechanic to help him pay his mortgage, a couple graphic designers who were able to pay their bills, etc, etc. My $40K got spread around rather well.

After paying those expenses, there was a little bit left over. Thanks to the corporate tax rate, the IRS got 35 percent of that. And you have the nerve no call me greedy?

In years past, I may have entertained the thought of having employees. No longer. When I created my company in 2005 I specifically designed it so that I would never have employees due to the burden of federal regulations. So you can thank the Feds for the fact that I'll never give you a job.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Just more lies used as an excuse not to hire. Unemployment tax is like 1-2% of the wage. We are talking like 25-50 cents an hour difference. The employer is not responsible for paying the 99 weeks unemployment. That comes from the fund they pay into while the person is working.

And it should be expensive to employ someone as you are signing up to pretty much care for that persons existence.

Huh?
Where did you ever get that idea? That's one of the most insane things I've read on ATS!!!!!!

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

People work to make a living and pay their bills. That is fact. If you can't afford to pay them a living wage then you shouldn't be employing them.
WTF

So what exactly is "a living"?

A mercedes or a chevy?or even a bicycle?
a 1bedroom apt? 2bedroom? condo?small ranch house? mcmansion?
Your employer has no control nor responsibility for the affluency of your "lifestyle"

.NO WONDER WE ARE AS F**KED AS WE ARE

Simply Speechless..

this absurd thinking is mind numbing...

Originally posted :by sligtlyskeptical

By logic that is also a fact, but that doesn't stop people from arguing against it. If the only way you can obtain a living wage for yourself is to employ people at below a living wage then you shouldn't be in business in the first place.

edit on 20-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Slightly Skeptical:
I'm gonna hire you but since You said: "I'm pretty much responsible for your existence(???????????????)

1)If I hire you you can only buy a (base model) chevy cobalt not a camaro or a vette. It's all I can afford and all the car( 4wheels/2doors/engine) you need!

2)No takeout food; No beer or alcohol; You need the money for your rent. ( and drinking offends my parish priest).
3)You don't need movies to live so I'm not paying for them.

Convinced of the insanity of that "position" yet?
Where there's "responsibility" there has to be "authority" also.( andvice versa) If I give you the responsibility to accomplish a job I have to grant you the authority commensurate to get it done: ( sac nco academy).
edit on 20-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join