It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Boss

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

You don't know their situation, and to talk like that shows ignorance. You don't know their debt load or anything else about them or their business to decide what their situation is nor what they intended to pay someone. Maybe they don't want to just pay minimum wage, so until they can pay a better wage, they will wait. Awful presumptuous of you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalGiant

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

I'm sure they understand the law much better than you or I do (unless you are a lawyer yourself). I can also assure you they are not stupid. If they have determined that it is not worth it to hire someone, you can be assured it is not worth it.

The WHOLE point is that the government's policies are what is causing this unemployment crisis in America. Period. I can't see how anyone can logically argue otherwise.

Guess since they cant rape someone for next to nothing pay, its not worth it for them.....Oh I see....Good luck to them...maybe their ignorance is actually divine intervention....because they cannot get away with something that seems wrong on every level.....oh and they are too stupid to contract out the "help" they need....

Some people deserve their misery...Good Luck (cough) to your friends....and good Luck to you for gravitating to an answer that easily fits your needed response instead of searching for the reality....

Guess Im a bad guy for actually being a business owner with 1099 contractors for 12" YEARS and never a tax/audit problem ever.....but hey...go trust some unemployed chick....

How in the world do you infer that they want to "rape someone for next to nothing pay"? They want to hire someone to work in their office. NOT an independent contractor (which actually SEEMS more like a shady deal than hiring someone outright.) They pay for health benefits for their workers, as well.

I have no idea what your problem is, and why you are so angry.

I know my friend is VERY frustrated with the system, and that is good enough for me to realize that the system has problems.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Sure, until the IRS finds out you have set hours for them to work. The IRS will classify them as an employee and you will owe all the way back to when they were hired, and that could very well put them under.

Are you retarded? Why would anyone set the hours of an independent contractor? Why would you hire someone as an independent contractor and treat them as an employee. That is NOT what you would do. Everytime I mention 1099, you start fantasing about how you will get in trouble for doing unethical illegal things....

Why are you obsessed with screwing someone over that does not deserve it? Why are you obsessed with lying about an independent contractor? Why do you keep stating getting in trouble for being deceitful?

Noone here is saying such things but you.... Ill leave you here, ...there is no hope for some.

Sigh. They want someone to come into the office when it opens and work there until it closes for the day. Therefore, they DO want someone to work certain hours. Apparently, as pointed out by haarvik, they do not want to hire an independent contractor. Why should they be forced to wheel and deal? If they want someone from 9 to 5, they should be able to get someone from 9 to 5...not "Hey, whenever you want, independent contractor!!!"

Yes, I guess Manpower wont work for them...right? I guess the hundreds of companies that supply hourly workers in admin positions for about $12 per hour (total burden on employer) wont work?

These other companies provide the experienced workers, they handle the taxes, the unemployent, the insurance, the liability...they just magically show up between 9-5 answer the phones, whatever...when you no longer need them, you call the company who sent them and they recall the assignment...ALL for $12-15 per hour TOTAL COST.

If your friend did not think of that immediately....then OK whatever...glad i could help.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

The government policies are there to keep employers from taking advantage of employees. The way you talk one would think that no lawyers have employees. In fact most all successful lawyers do have employees. The problem with your friend is simply a lack of success and given the way they think it is not at all suprising.

They are quite successful. So successful that they would like to hire more people to help out in their office BUT FEEL LIKE THEY CAN'T due to the government regulations. It is cost prohibative so they DON'T hire. They made decisions NOT TO HIRE anymore people, even though they would like to.

Why in the world does this not make sense to some of you????

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If I had a business, and had to rely on temp service help that I would have to retrain constantly, I'd just as soon do it myself. Oh, just like my friends have decided to do.

Can you not understand that some businesses require a skillset that must be developed over time? They don't want some revolving door of workers. The tasks are more specialized than that.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The government policies are there to keep employers from taking advantage of employees. The way you talk one would think that no lawyers have employees. In fact most all successful lawyers do have employees. The problem with your friend is simply a lack of success and given the way they think it is not at all suprising.

They are quite successful. So successful that they would like to hire more people to help out in their office BUT FEEL LIKE THEY CAN'T due to the government regulations. It is cost prohibative so they DON'T hire. They made decisions NOT TO HIRE anymore people, even though they would like to.

Why in the world does this not make sense to some of you????

It does make sense now! It makes sense to me that some people will never understand how to operate a business, how to make sacrifices, how to be creative, and how to grow...

There are options way better than your friends "perceived reality"....

If your lawyer friend really needed the help, they would find a way, instead of blaming someone else for their tiny problem. Their problem is their fault, and not the governments....it is their limited business experience and unwillingness to seek professional help in the matter.....lawyers = arrogance and all knowing...

Why in the world does this not make sense to some of you?????

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If I had a business, and had to rely on temp service help that I would have to retrain constantly, I'd just as soon do it myself. Oh, just like my friends have decided to do.

Can you not understand that some businesses require a skillset that must be developed over time? They don't want some revolving door of workers. The tasks are more specialized than that.

Yes, answering the phone as you described as the desired skill set needs expertise.....Ok I get it now...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If they are worried about long term positions then why are they worried about unemployment compensation? Nothing in this makes any sense at all. A successful business can afford to hire new employees even with the 5-8k a year it takes to make the government happy. If they can't recoup that with the added value an employee will add then they shouldn't hire one and i would argue their degree of success.

I think it more likely that that don't to want pay than it is that they can't.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I understand these companies will do long term contracts developing the skill set for you, as well....but for you to know that...you have to pull your head out of your "cavity" and look into what you are saying before you pretend to come from a position of authority and knowing.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

I believe it's like telling his own employees that they are too stupid to make up their own minds about who they should vote for themselves.

History shows most people are too stupid to make up their own minds on who to vote for.

He actually wants his employees to make the best decision, without pontificating on what it actually is. he's quite clear, vote for whoever serves your own interests. I think he does a very good job of illustrating the common lack of understanding Americans have when it comes to how our country works.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You contradict yourself. You call them names for only wanting to pay a small wage, yet promote using manpower for $12-$15/hr. You do realize that at that rate the employee will only get about $8-$10/hr, right? So you are in a sense actually promoting the small wage. I see no difference in the two.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You contradict yourself. You call them names for only wanting to pay a small wage, yet promote using manpower for $12-$15/hr. You do realize that at that rate the employee will only get about $8-$10/hr, right? So you are in a sense actually promoting the small wage. I see no difference in the two.

I don't contradict anything (you have got to be female) I offered a quick simple option to all your stupid fear mongering that is above minimum wage, that will create an immediate impact to their operation with a minimal impact to their bottom line.....

I will give you the last word to insult me, but this thread is silly now, as i am definitely discussing "high level corporate strategy to survive in the market place in today's economy"....you are just lost, and now trying to shift the focus on me as contradictory....You simply have become aware of your inability to form an intelligent framework around your position, so not you come after me... (I have seen many simpletons do that)...you simply dont understand, and I simply wasted my time with someone who simply cannot understand....

Ill go back to my awesome self employed life with 12 contractors and $2MILLION GAR, filled up with focused, intelligent, males who work hard, and dont let small problems wreck their lives, cause we fight to win, and dont plan to lose....

Youll dismiss that as male ego crap because you dont seem to understand....

It is obvious that any and all attempts I have made here to educate you for free...have been wasted....You keep being a negative thinker, Ill keep being a doer' and producer....
edit on 20-10-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing OP. You seem to have a good boss. He is the antithesis of my boss. I work for a family run business which is now in the hands of the original owners son. I spend more time at work than he does. He doesn't completely understand how his business works. He has people like me who know better than him basically running the place while he takes the rewards. I'm not complaining because I am grateful to be working. I too was a business owner once and I can relate to what your boss states. It is a 24/7 thing if your truly committed. It sickens me to see those who have not put forth the effort to receive the windfall. In fact on our paycheck envelopes my boss stamps them with this, 'A Gift From Our Customers' I laugh at this because it isn't a gift it is a reward for work done well. He doesn't get it because he never made the hard choices to get where he is at. My boss is a nice guy and all but he is clueless due to the fact he was raised with a silver spoon and never did time in the trenches. Just my two cents and digression. S & F OP. Your boss gets it!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You did, and I am a male. What difference is it to the employee where the $8-$10/hr came from? You stated:

Guess since they cant rape someone for next to nothing pay, its not worth it for them

So whats the difference who rapes them? Apparently you think it is ok for manpower to do it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You did, and I am a male. What difference is it to the employee where the $8-$10/hr came from? You stated:

Guess since they cant rape someone for next to nothing pay, its not worth it for them

So whats the difference who rapes them? Apparently you think it is ok for manpower to do it.

You may have a penis, but everything you say sounds opposite to your "claim".... I am finished wasting time with you, you will never "get it". I actually dont care about Manpower, the lawyers, or you...

I often wonder why I am so successful, and always get the "parking space"....after 30 minutes on this thread....I completely understand.....I am "wired" differently than you. I am not a slave with limited thought capability....therefore I succeed...
edit on 20-10-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Say what you will. Don't care just trying to point out the obvious.

As far as anyone on here knows you are living in a trailer in Kentucky. Your posts reek of redneck hick, so how are we different?

you sit there and rip someones friend that you don't know, that you don't know didly about their situation, and when someone points out that you advocated the thing you hosed them for, you get an attitude. If you are going to bash someone, at least be consistent.
edit on 10/20/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

As far as anyone on here knows you are living in a trailer in Kentucky. Your posts reek of redneck hick, so how are we different?

You've lost your place in line now son.....Go to the back....I could care less of your opinion of me..... You've proven less than capable of understanding sound business advise....I have personally seen millions of $$$$ annually for years roll through my business, I have owned multiple business', bought/sold companies, ventured into restaurants, owned/operated a financial firm in 22 states, and I am bored now....

Go back to believing your Kentucky fantasy since that is what you need to believe to feel better about yourself...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't believe this was written in the context of the OWS in any way. But to their point, this guy is NOT part of the "1%" - he's not even part of the 5%.

The frustration we see from the protesters and from those who want to tax the richest 1% is directed toward global bankers, lobbyists, and those using massive amounts of wealth to buy our congress.

This is a small-time businessman with 12 employees - he is nowhere near the top of the rope and if he can easily retire to a beach somewhere, why the hell hasn't he already?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You've lost your place in line now son.....Go to the back....I could care less of your opinion of me..... You've proven less than capable of understanding sound business advise....I have personally seen millions of $$$$ annually for years roll through my business, I have owned multiple business', bought/sold companies, ventured into restaurants, owned/operated a financial firm in 22 states, and I am bored now....

Go back to believing your Kentucky fantasy since that is what you need to believe to feel better about yourself...

This will be my last reply to you because I see that there is very little point in continuing it; however, I have to say one more thing. You are a very judgmental person. I explained a problem that my friend is having, and you bashed her and her husband up one side and down another. They are neither stupid or looking to cheat anyone.

The tone you have used with everyone on this board is very rude and dismissive.

You (and I) are not privy to every detail about my friend's business. I only know enough to repeat some of what she told me, and I'm pretty sure she was being candid about the issues. What she said about unemployment insurance I was able to verify, and I'm sure there is a lot more to their decisions than she shared with me. But I don't know why it is your go out of your way to "prove" that you are the guru of business and my friend is a cheating moron.

I'm done with you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If they are worried about long term positions then why are they worried about unemployment compensation? Nothing in this makes any sense at all. A successful business can afford to hire new employees even with the 5-8k a year it takes to make the government happy. If they can't recoup that with the added value an employee will add then they shouldn't hire one and i would argue their degree of success.

I think it more likely that that don't to want pay than it is that they can't.

I think they are in the position that they would like to hire someone, because their business has picked up and they could use them NOW, but in this economy they are certainly not guaranteed that their current level of business will continue. If the economy worsened and they could no longer afford to have that person in the office, they would have to lay them off and THEN would be responsible for 99 weeks of unemployment payments. They are not willing to take that gamble.

If it still doesn't make sense to you, then I'm sorry...this is not my business and I'm doing my best to relay the issues my friend is having.

Basically, as I said before, they are making hiring decisions based on regulations and how they might be affected in the future. And that's a shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join