It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Huge Military Maneuvers Aimed at Iran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This post is so stupid.

If the US were planning on going to war, the media would be shouting and crying about it, in an effort to persuade the US populace, just like they did with Iraq.

Is that happening? No.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The next thing to watch for is a modern day "Gulf of Tonkin" event.

As you may recall the Gulf of Tonkin involved the dubious "attack" on the USS Maddox by North Vietnamese torpedo boats in August of 1964. The so called attack paved the way for the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution which green lighted the Vietnam war. The reason I say "dubious" and "so called" is that there are differing accounts of the attack or even if it occured at all. Even the National Security Agency said that "no attack happened that night".

The point is the mititary industrial complex clearly wants war with Iran. They've made up the "bad hollywood script" assasination attempt to get us in close proximity of Iran. Next look for an escalating event that will force engagement.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
This post is so stupid.

If the US were planning on going to war, the media would be shouting and crying about it, in an effort to persuade the US populace, just like they did with Iraq.

Is that happening? No.

open your eyes
its been that way for a while now
the us is planning a war in the middle east, iran being a target..will it happen soon? im not sure but it will happen within atleast a year

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
But, but, but the great Alex Jones said it was going to happen within two weeks and that was last week so it HAS to be true!!! Right ATS'ers?

Originally posted by ShortMemory

This post is so stupid.

Is that happening? No.

open your eyes
its been that way for a while now
the us is planning a war in the middle east, iran being a target..will it happen soon? im not sure but it will happen within atleast a year

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Can't say I'm the least bit surprised this is happening. I've been saying it for years, even said it on this site a few times in the past, that Iran is next and it is inevitable. This has been in the cards since 2001, probably even earlier then that actually. All the fussing and whining in the world can't stop it, its what "they" want, so it is going to happen regardless of what we the voters or anyone thinks about it. The plain ol ugly truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

What was it Einstein said ? I don't know what weapons will be used in WWIII but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Scary thinking.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Alex really knows what's going on...

The uncovered plot to destroy Iran

www.infowars.com

The Obama administration working secretly with the Federal Reserve and Israeli Mossad will this week commence a huge secret military operation aimed at Iran, The plot uncovered by loyal infowarriors involves a top secret mission to place rockets on the dark side of the moon, and when properly aligned, to slam the moon into Iran....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Just a parody.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The real question isn't if we will engage militarily with Iran - that is a foregone conclusion. The only variable is when.

The real questions are as follows;
- will Pakistan align with Iran? If they do will India seize the moment and exact some long sought retribution?
- will Syria align with Iran? If they do will Israel pound them?
- will Turkey align with Iran? If they do will Israel pound them?
- will Egypt align will Iran? If they do will Israel pound them?
- will Russia align with Iran? Trouble...
- will China align with Iran? Bigger Trouble....

The really big question is will Israel, Pakistan and India keep their nukes in their pocket?

The really scary big question is who has weapons we don't know about....who is positioned where we don't know they are (aka in the US or off the coasts of the US)....and what are they prepared to do. Black swans could be everywhere...anywhere.

This one's for all the marbles folks. Whoever emerges the winner in the middleeast will control global energy and the globe for the next hundred years at least. All the players know this. All the peices are being aligned. Secret alliances have been and are being formed.

It's close to zero hour and checkmate in the most dangerous game is coming soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

The uncovered plot to destroy Iran

www.infowars.com

The Obama administration working secretly with the Federal Reserve and Israeli Mossad will this week commence a huge secret military operation aimed at Iran, The plot uncovered by loyal infowarriors involves a top secret mission to place rockets on the dark side of the moon, and when properly aligned, to slam the moon into Iran....

Hey wait a minute!

Let's think about this

Are there any astrologers in the house?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
The real question isn't if we will engage militarily with Iran - that is a foregone conclusion. The only variable is when.

The real questions are as follows;
- will Pakistan align with Iran? If they do will India seize the moment and exact some long sought retribution?
- will Syria align with Iran? If they do will Israel pound them?
- will Turkey align with Iran? If they do will Israel pound them?
- will Egypt align will Iran? If they do will Israel pound them?
- will Russia align with Iran? Trouble...
- will China align with Iran? Bigger Trouble....

The really big question is will Israel, Pakistan and India keep their nukes in their pocket?

The really scary big question is who has weapons we don't know about....who is positioned where we don't know they are (aka in the US or off the coasts of the US)....and what are they prepared to do. Black swans could be everywhere...anywhere.

In my experience of government none of the countries you have stated will align themselves with Iran. Russia and China will to the public, condenm the attack, privately they would've had numerous assurances that all investments will be protected prior to any attack. Pakistan won't do anything at all, but you are right in suggesting them. Pakistan has a lot of instability, for a Nuclear nation, this adds anxiety to Russia and China as well as of course India and to a less of an extent, the rest of the world outside of Asia. However, nothing will happen and Pakistan will be a crater if there is anything to suggest otherwise.
As I have said before, the globe has become all Western now, Russia and China run their economies exactly the same as the West. Many have become multi-millionaires and billionaires, luxury lifestyles way beyond anything dreamed of in previous eras. None of them want to see that threatened and as with the Cold War, the threat of all out war keeps the population on its toes, the reality is that such an outcome is so far from possible that it is almost fiction. I personally believe that this is all about centralising power and wealth. These non-compliant smaller nations will be chopped up and served to American, European and Russian interests. China is there as well due to recent investments, but something tells me that they have been somewhat set up for an almighty fall somewhere down this road, beyond Iran, but certainly down the road. I could be wrong, but I'm definately not wrong on the issue of Iran.
I feel for the people as there will be massive casualities, but as with any organisation who "streamline", there comes a point where positions are redundant and in the organisation of the global elite, the current Iranian government can consider itself, surplus to requirement. The global elite will simply see it as further securing global assets, we can't have just anybody in charge now, can we?
edit on 18-10-2011 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Is that happening? No.

That is 1 way of starting a war, now if one of the countries in the Middle East were to begin an attack, or a terrorist group begins one which then receives (military) support from other countries, then the US or other forces would have to respond appropriately, with or without the public support, which depending on the attack would automatically follow in the days after the initial event.
edit on 18/10/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Even the British are cranking up the pressure on Iran.

Below is an extract from a conversation Reuters had with the
foreign secretary William Hague.

Source

"I think this issue will become more urgent over the next year," Hague said in an interview with Reuters shortly before arriving in Mauritania on the latest leg of a tour of North and West Africa also taking him to Libya, Morocco and Algeria.

This was because Iran had stepped up its nuclear work by increasing the fissile content of its enriched uranium to the 20 percent level and moving centrifuge machines to a previously secret underground bunker near Qom, he said.

edit on 18-10-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't help but get the feeling this is the same ol drumming up of BS we see almost monthly..
But it is strange the us has said drills over the middle east as opposed to drills involving or over a specific county.
Also the increase in air activity near bases..

If this was to kick off you would see al Sadr and nasrallah knocked off pretty quick.. Sadr has great power in Iraq and is an Iranian stooge.
You'd see the iraqi army ( the army the us built and trained )come to full alert and be armed to the hilt.

Here's hoping nothing happens, but at the same time if the western world doesn't change we are going to suffer.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Not really..
Iraq was a planned media psyop aimed at the peoples fear, anger and lust for revenge over 911..
The people are war weary and want to focus on jos and the economy, not more senless, expensive war. That's why this time, it has to be quick and dramatic, or else the people will stand against it while they can!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Ben81

It would be comforting to say this surprises me, but it doesn't..

The US/Israel have made clear their intention and that is to attack Iran..

Regardless of what popular opinion is, they will still go ahead IMO..

You're absolutely right. They have proven time and time again that they couldn't possibly care any less what the people think or believe. They will do what they want, when they want, period.

We have to stand up to these Globalists and remind them that without us, the world entire world grinds to a halt.

Remember: THEY are the MACHINE, but WE are the OIL.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hasn't Iran been the main target since the beggining? I thought the we (the west) have been taking all the country's around there to get a foot hold for this one? After this, in years to come people might look back at history and see that all these wars in the middle east was all part of the same agenda.
edit on 18-10-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniview
this sounds like americas poland

I thought of the same.

I played superpower II back in the days, a geopolitical-economical-military simulator/game. It was released in 2004, but most of my simulations back then have been mirrored in current events.

India, China and Brazil would always start to boom around 2008, while the U.S would dive and often go bankrupt. Aggressive acts by the U.S would also eventually create a mess, especially if Iran or countries larger than Iraq were involved. Invasion of Iran would typically result in loosing support from the European countries, getting in war with several middle eastern countries, intervention of Russia, China or Pakistan (With India taking the opportunity to invade Pakistan).

I do not believe that the game can predict the future, but some interesting similarities exist. The simulation could also go in weird directions, for example Costa Rica being the most wealthy nation by year 3000

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
take a chill pill people, first of all... have u read the site, infowars...seriously, how reliable source is this? heh..cmon now.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I do think that the war between US/Iran has a different meaning since the Arab Spring.

Since the Arab Spring, the credibility of the US Government in the Middle East must be near zero:
- Hilary Clinton openly supported Mubarak nearly right up to the point of his own people ousting him in Egypt
- France and UK have openly supported the Libyan people to rid of Gadaffi
- Meanwhile, US seem to turn a blind eye to the people of Saudi Arabia and in particular Bahrain
- I haven't yet mentioned Iraq and Afghanistan

So how can the US / Barak Obama regain some credibility within this area?
- Support the people of Syria and Iran
- No troops on the ground - just an aerial campaign
- The troops would be there if the dictators decided to attack Israel - as a defensive measure only

Certainly with the case of Syria. I think US could broker help from Turkey to support the Syrian people.

The point I am trying to make is that the old US / Iran face off war need not happen anymore

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
so far this is being carried by prison planet, infowars, david icke, and totalcollapse

lap it up sheep !

lol

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join