It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Huge Military Maneuvers Aimed at Iran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by disiswhoitb

Don't forget the attacks on Herat in the 1850s.

Iraq did launch the invasion and by 1982, Iran pushed them out. Saddam offered a ceasefire and Iran rejected it, so instead we got 7 more years of war and over 1 million dead.

Saddam did not employ WMDs until Iran rejected the ceasefire and invaded Iraq.

Many of the US "wars" from your list, were not wars.

This is a more accurate and factual list:

1801-1805 First Barbary War
1812-1815 War of 1812
1815 Second Barbary War
1846-1848 Mexican American War
1893 Annexation of Hawaii
1898 Spanish American War
1898-1934 Banana Wars (Central America)
1899-1913 Philippine American War
1917-1918 World War I
1918-1920 US expedition in Russia
1941 US occupation of Greenland and Iceland
1941-1945 World War 2
1944-1946 US occupation of the Philippines
1945-1947 US occupation in China
1945-1949 US occupation in Germany
1945-1955 US occupation in Austria
1945-1946 Us occupation in Italy
1945-1952 US occpuation of Japan
1945-1949 US occupation in Korea
1950-1953 Korean War
1958 US intervention in Lebanon
1964-1975 Vietnam War
1965 US intervention in the Dominican Republic
1983 US intervention in Grenada
1986 Operation El Dorado Canyon in Libya
1987-1988 Persian Gulf operations against Iran
1989 US invasion of Panama
1991 Persian Gulf war
1992-2003 Iraqi no fly zones
1992-1995 Intervention in Somalia
1994-1995 Intervention in Haiti
1995 NATO action against Bosnian Serbs
1998 Operation Desert Fox against Iraq
1998 Operation Infinite Reach against Afghanistan and Sudan
1999 NATO action against Serbia
2001-present Global War on Terrorism
2003-2010 Operation Iraqi Freedom
2011-present NATO action in Libya

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shansen
Russia is building a "Quick Response Center" on Nis airport, in Serbia.
Despite the fact that the officials are denying the military involvement in this, something just don't add to the big picture: I wrote earlier about the US missile base about to be opened in Romania, at Deveselu. This Russian "Quick Response Center", claimed to have as purpose the "fast response in case of natural cataclysm" is situated in a perfect position to spy and maybe act against the US missile base above.
Besides, why now?
The Serbian Minister of Interior, Ivica Dačić, stated that his country have the right to host foreign troops and foreign military installations but "it is not the case with Russian base at Nis". Yeah, right.
Something is definitely going on.

Call me paranoid...

edit on 18-10-2011 by shansen because: content added

reply to post by thereisnologic

God damn dude, get your facts straight. They are building response center for earthquakes, floods and for mine clearence (there are still quite a lot of mines left on Balkan).

Stop scaring people with random crap.

The Russians don't do (never have done) anything that doesn't include military options.

The more they talk about something "not being" military, the more you should believe the military IS involved.

I don't know WHO scares me more.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Guess who pushed who on who

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/912d8f236cf4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It is unlikely the US and Israel will declare war with Iran this year. IMHO it'll start sometime after the 2012 Zion Olympics of London shortly after a false flag 'terrorist' attack being carried out in a major western country.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thereisnologic

I'm not sure about earthquakes, all I know is that Montenegro had big earthquake in seventies that pretty much devastated that country. Of that one you may be right, but rest...

Flood are common here, just last winter there were several floods in Balkan (river floods). Many parts of Serbia had been flooded in 2010 thanks to rivers Drina, Lim, Sava and so on.

Why would they build it in Somalia or any other country, they have no interest there at all. They have contract to build gas pipe line trough Serbia (its Russian pipe line that will lead towards Greece, Black sea and so on)and always had good relation with Serbian government.

Mediterranean has problems with fires during summer times on top of everything...

Why ridicule someone when you have no clue of that part of the world? At least do a bit of research upfront so you dont look completely silly.

I'm LIVING in the Balkans, mate.

Russian help? Well, maybe you don't know how is it working. The same Russians "helped" us in the '40s and we needed another 20 years to make them get the heck out of OUR COUNTRY! Russian help, yes...

On the other hand, you are right at some point. You said "Why would they build it in Somalia or any other country, they have no interest there at all.". Indeed, they have an interest in the area. But I doubt their interest is the same as is the country's they're in.

Tell me ONE, a SINGLE country from the region which officially asked for Russian help when a natural event occurred. Just one.
edit on 18-10-2011 by shansen because: correction

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It might be an option xuenchen, but as I said there is real need for this kind of response center. Serbia actually has problem with floods (to the contrary to some here thinking, you dont need freaking tsunamis to have big floods...), whole Balkan and Greece has problem with fires during summer times and no real good solutions.

It does not always have to be something that involves army actions. :>

I mean, they (Serbia) has absolutely nothing to lose saying its military base if it was, neither does Russia. They are not exactly super friendly with US to be afraid of their actions, no? Why would Russia hide it I have no idea, not like US is hiding that they're building base in Romania. ><

Who knows, time will tell for sure tho.
edit on 18-10-2011 by thereisnologic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hers is another source for you...

www.newamericancentury.org...

Although it appears to be old news...

None of this means that the U.S. should be planning an attack tomorrow. There are numerous practical problems we would confront in carrying out that decision, even if that were in theory the right one to make. But it does mean that we have no reason to relax, nor can we postpone difficult decisions indefinitely.

PNAC "2005"
edit on 18-10-2011 by WWJFKD because: for those who will not read

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shansenTell me ONE, a SINGLE country from the region which officially asked for Russian help when a natural event occurred. Just one.
edit on 18-10-2011 by shansen because: correction

I'm not sure anyone did. You did agree now tho that we have problems with floods and fires, yes? :>

I'm from Balkan too, lived in Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and currently living in Montenegro...

Still, dont ridicule someone like that when you actually know you are NOT right and we have all of those problems (as I said, not 100% sure about earthquakes)

I just see no reason why would they hide it if it was military "lets spy Romania" base. People of Serbia would be even MORE happy if it was military base.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thereisnologic

People of Serbia would be even MORE happy if it was military base.

Dude, are you a G-man or something??

Are you even listening to yourself? People of Serbia would be even MORE happy if it was military base. ??? Are you telling me that Serbia would be happy to be AGAIN under Russian occupation, like it was in the past?? Christ on a cracker...
I hope you wouldn't say this in public there, for your own good...

A bit off-topic, I know...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Just look at the news, they are trying to deflect everything away from the Occupy movement as there is hardly anything mentioned now. For the government war is the logical choice when the "mass murder" and "Campaigns" news goes dry. Just fake some story about WMD or assassination to deflect. They are experts now after all these years after all.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shansen
Are you even listening to yourself? People of Serbia would be even MORE happy if it was military base. ??? Are you telling me that Serbia would be happy to be AGAIN under Russian occupation, like it was in the past?? Christ on a cracker...
I hope you wouldn't say this in public there, for your own good...

Judging by comments on their news sites, yes, thats what Im saying. They sure do look disappointed its not.

I mean, just look at the comments on these news sites.
Link 1
Link 2

We are too far offtopic tho, so lets just stop it for sake of everyone.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thereisnologic

It was in city called Kotor in Montenegro, it destroyed almost everything, my colleague at work endured this as a kid and it was so traumatic that he gets shivers up his spine to the slightest vibrations...
1979 Montenegro earthquake

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Ben81

It is unlikely the US and Israel will declare war with Iran this year. IMHO it'll start sometime after the 2012 Zion Olympics of London shortly after a false flag 'terrorist' attack being carried out in a major western country.

They wanted Gilad to be release first
before waging the big war Destroying Iran, Lebanon and Hamas at the same time

I though US and Israel NEVER negociate with a terrorist organisation
now they have just release a thousand to have Gilad released

Would the US agree on such thing
they never left a finger to help troops not getting beheaded
some asked for a million dollars .. but no one would grant it to save a human life
especially not releasing a thousand "terrorist" to release a single soldier

Why now .. after 5 yrs

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
US and Israel will stop their selfish wars
until the world is in flame

they dont care about the innocent arabs/persian who will die
they dont care about the US troops who are ready to die for "FREEDOM"

OWS might be the only chance we the people can say NO to Obama
OWA is the only chance to avert another illegal war

We need to continu to Occupy Wall Street before the elites occupy the world
and bring judgement day on everyone

Occupy the whitehouse.

What's the UN's stance on these threats then? There is a complete lack of evidence and they are getting into attacking formations over it? Awww america dropped its rattle from its pram.

Ahmenijad (spelling?) even has more evidence that america knew about the 9/11 attack in advance. Maybe that's why iran is being targetted in a logical way. But heh there is a vast amount of oil involved... i really doubt the corporate pig would be tryign to take down a mans truth of word when there is OIL involved.

I really hope china and russia raise the flag for a warning to america. I don't want to see anyone killed... american or iranian. NO.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It is all starting to begin

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If there is an attack on Iran, my bet is that the Israeli Air Force will use bunker busting bombs on any nuclear reactor sites in Iran. It would be similar to Operation Opera carried out in 1981.

Iran having nukes is the biggest threat that I can see. The US buildup in the area would be there to discourage any Iranian retaliation.

If the US actually invaded Iran, it would be a different ballgame. I don't think Russia would like it very much having all those forces right next to their border, especially their massive oil fields in the Caucasus.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Who needs a to start a war, after a few more threads like this there will be one on ATS lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Things really started to smell fishy to me when all of a sudden we "knew" where Bin Laden was hiding, and stormed in... cameras at the ready. Then "high level" Al Qaeda began dropping like flies. Now we have "uncovered plots" by the Iranians...AND we are sending troops into central Africa after many many years of ignoring what has been happening there???
None of this has felt legit from the very beginning. Something's up.
I have to agree with the theory of war as a diversion here. There is to much going on in the Good Ol' U S of A that the TPTB don't want us watching.
Keep your eyes open folks. This is only the beginning.....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShiftDrift
Who needs a to start a war, after a few more threads like this there will be one on ATS lol.

You have a star for that.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
this sounds like americas poland.
lets hope its not. but even if we start some type of ww3 is it possible that we will win? i mean im not sure who are allies would be, and it seems america has been spending alot of time on there military efforts, im sure if this was the end plan they had to know the stakes.
.......right?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join