It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I love the United States, but I hate what it's become.... Are we a police state now? Do we not have a voice? If we speak to those in power, will they listen? Do they even care how we feel?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

This man have the making of a great leader to the OWS, I will give him my full backing if he does just that.

edit on 17-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

People are starting to realized that you only have freedoms in America until is time for you to exercise them, then you are tald that you need a permit to do so. Welcome to the new Free America.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Oh, please...there are Marines and then there are Marines.

The kind of Marines I knew in 'Nam didn't give a rat's ass about dress codes, and had contempt for those that valued pretty uniforms over fighting skills: barracks Marines who never actually fought.

Combat Marines then and now put more value in how well you fought than in how well you dressed.

Peacetime Marines, Marines who've never seen combat, and dress Marines who march well and look pretty all value the "look", but they'd never get the respect of the filthy, grungy, out-of-dress-code Gyrenes who fought and bled and died in 'Nam.

This guy is brother to them, and me, even though I was USAF: we shared the same dangers of rockets, rpgs, snipers, booby traps, and mortars fighting in stupid-ass wars that no one understood, no one wanted, and that made no sense.

I salute him for honoring his oath to defend the Constitution and the people "against all enemies foreign and domestic". When the police harm the citizens they have sworn to protect, they have become a domestic enemy.
edit on 17-10-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by webstra

the "likes" update automatically, but after 300 views youtube validates them, to ensure they're authentic. so the views update at intervals.

It is stil there...1603 views,

= 2784

So how long will it take to get an update of the counts ? more then 2 hours ?

i love how youtube only shows 1603 views and yet it has 2700 #ing LIKES? WTF stop censoring the media

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

It isn't about him agreeing to the war. He just alluded that since America is engaged in two foreign wars where there is a defined enemy for our armed forces to fight that the cops don't join up to the fight our "assigned/identified" enemy and instead beat up on unarmed American citizens.
You are thinking to far into the ideological sense. He was speaking in an effective way and everyone there understood what he was getting at. Don't think too much into it because then it just becomes a philosophical battle which is not the intended result here.

link   

Originally posted by webstra

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by webstra

the "likes" update automatically, but after 300 views youtube validates them, to ensure they're authentic. so the views update at intervals.

It is stil there...1603 views,

= 2784

So how long will it take to get an update of the counts ? more then 2 hours ?

i love how youtube only shows 1603 views and yet it has 2700 #ing LIKES? WTF stop censoring the media

Some of the people I subscribe to who have lots of fans that watch their videos as soon as they come out will have drastic differences for hours. I've seen the views hang at 300 while the "likes" skyrocketed to over 2,000 for almost the entire day. It's not a conspiracy. Look around on Youtube, you'll see it a lot.

link   
Someone needs to reach across that barricade and smack some sense into those police. What are those police gonna do when 30 thousand people get tired of being beaten up and decide this isn't a protest anymore, it's a war?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Who was it who said you need a revolution each generation to protect your liberty?

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.”

www.quotationspage.com...

“Every generation needs a new revolution.” – Thomas Jefferson.
thinkexist.com...

He knew what he was talking about.
And so does that Marine.What a guy IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Violater1

This man have the making of a great leader to the OWS, I will give him my full backing if he does just that.

Me to.. Man this tube is everywhere,, except on the Main stream media. this guy puts it all in a nut shell..

Stop the police state
The bankers are ripping is off now..
Cameras on every street corner

How can you go against these protesters, when the elite are building fema camps, and doing all this stuff with are money The protesters are not stealing billions everyday like bankers are doing . If you are worried about these protesters, instead of these other things, I just don't know what to say..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You know what would have been funny, if the cops got out they're batons starting hitting the guy, gets him to ground, and then suddenly the Incredible Hulk rises and flies them all off him. I can just see the cops flying from one side to the other and him making them look like a tossed salad..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by Gseven

And I believe as you do that he's not a real Marine, probably a black panther imposter planted to incite more rebellion.

I disagree for this reason: If this was a planned effort to incite violence then they did an incredibly bad job of it. If they really wanted to incite the crowd all they had to do was all knock him to the ground and slap the cuffs on him after his little speech. He had the crowd on his side, and that would have been all it took to anger them enough to act. As big as he was, there were enough cops there to have made it believable.

Having said that, I'm not so sure he was really a marine either, but if he's a fake I'm sure he'll be outed in the media very soon. Either way, he spoke the truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can’t believe a lot of the childish immature people posting on this thread! I would expect more from people here on ATS! How can you assume that all the cops on Wall Street are terrorists, rapists, murderers, child molesters, sickos, perverts, etc., etc., etc…? You do realize that you make OWS look bad? Some people here really need to grow-up! I am seeing this kind of behavior on all the OWS threads!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

How can you assume that all the cops on Wall Street are terrorists, rapists, murderers, child molesters, sickos, perverts, etc.

Not a single person said anything of that nature in this thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Im sorry...........I dont see anything going on here, except a person who may or may not be a Marine, looking like complete ARSE and violating his dress code..........

2. You see him yelling at police................so what? How do we know they arent all standing there because he was causing a scene?

3. I didnt see them do ANYTHING to anyone in this video......

4. Just because people "believe" some police were too violent doesnt mean any of these police were......

5. Where has all the "tolerance" gone from all you people protesting? You guys tell us not to associate one bad apple with the bunch, or afew........so it doesnt ruin your OWS, yet you proudly , bodly and with reckless abandon do it with the police officers or anyone that doesnt agree with you......

In closing.........I see a guy whose probably not even military, or former military, yelling and screaming, and I see cops around him , probably because they were called there BECAUSE OF HIM, standing a side and exercising restraint and calm, while this man goes off and to make sure nothing violent DOES take place...........exactly what they should be doing.......

But no......you guys just see "wussy officers"

wow.......sounds to me they are damned if they do and damned if they dont
edit on 17-10-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

When they the Police go around knocking out females, for no reason what so ever do you blame others on ATS for stating as such? Really grow up and get a clue!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
I can’t believe a lot of the childish immature people posting on this thread! I would expect more from people here on ATS! How can you assume that all the cops on Wall Street are terrorists, rapists, murderers, child molesters, sickos, perverts, etc., etc., etc…? You do realize that you make OWS look bad? Some people here really need to grow-up! I am seeing this kind of behavior on all the OWS threads!
[/quote

So are you defending the cops or do you believe they are acting appropiately? I dont agree with the cops who suggest they are just following orders.... I feel that cops should better and they should not be out there abusing protesters who are trying to protect the 99%
edit on 17-10-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Who said any of that? If defending civilians from armed and abusive individuals (who happen to be police officers) is "immature", then I don't ever want to grow up.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Propulsion

When they the Police go around knocking out females, for no reason what so ever do you blame others on ATS for stating as such? Really grow up and get a clue!

That wasnt a female in that video of the "punch" that was a male............

How bout YOU get a clue
edit on 17-10-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wished I was there. I would have had some fun with the marine. And not in a good way.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join