It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Video makes you think doesn't it?

He said what's with the riot gear, this is not a warzone

we all think riot gear is so normal during protests, we've been accustomed to thinking this way
hearing it screamed out by someone who knows what a warzone is speaks very loud imo

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Devestator

Your kidding right?

If you live in the UK, you are really telling me you have not seen people protesting against the Government?

There is a demonstrations all over the UK. And they will grow bigger.

If you cant see this then you really need to go to ST Paul's Cathedral.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Views = 1603

= 1881

Something is wrong there ?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by webstra

the "likes" update automatically, but after 300 views youtube validates them, to ensure they're authentic. so the views update at intervals.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
reply to post by BigBruddah

Nah they only attack women and small men, when someone looks like they would be happy to fight back they all stand about looking like scared little boys.

This is true, had he been 1 foot smaller and 100 pounds lighter the cops would have had him removed and arrested for sure. They obviously didn't have the gall to stop him.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That is one powerful guy!

It makes me happy to see someone so damn big, respectful and rightous stand up for what he believes. Glad he is on our side. He looks like he has the capability and training to do some real damage yet he went about his rights in the correct way without being threatening or violent.

Respect.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Am I the only one who lol'd with his ignorance when he said "If you wanna fight go to Iraq and Afghanistan"?
Ignorance much??

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That is a powerful video and 110% respect to that marine guy, those cops looked like a bunch of sheep, stood there brainless looking, as if they didn't know what the hell they were doing there anyway, hope all the cops that attack inoccent civilians are ashamed and like the mrine said

"This is NOT a warzone, there are no flying bullets, there is no honour!"

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
Am I the only one who lol'd with his ignorance when he said "If you wanna fight go to Iraq and Afghanistan"?
Ignorance much??

I don't get it? I must be ignorant too. How does telling them to go to a war zone to fight make him ignorant?

Anyway...

This video literally brought a tear to my eyes. There are a lot more people like this in the military than most people realize. I know that if it ever comes to pass that there is a revolution, many, many soldiers will be on the right side of things. Soldiers are being negatively affected by the banksters just like us.

Edit- I wanted to say that I too believe that if he were 1ft shorter and 100lbs lighter, he would have been handcuffed and arrested for telling the truth, er, I mean, "disturbing the peace". Those cops were scared to death of that marine.
edit on 17-10-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
DAmn .. I was expecting to see at least a few .50 CAL rounds and a Javelin fired after reading the thread title.

Well .. it's a start.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
One motivated Jarhead vs 30 cops... Sounds about right to me. Next time though, they may want to bring a few more squads if they want to have any hope of shutting honorable men like this up. Imagine if we could get a full platoon, just 60 men, to don their dress blues one more time and take the fight to the enemy.

Hell, with just the old bold Devil Dogs on this site alone, if we all showed up I'd like to see what the NYPD would do about it. Did you look at the faces of the cops in the OP vid? Babies and special needs children, dull looks all around. They had NO idea what to do in the face of real honor and courage.

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
What do people mean when they say that the OWS movement has no leaders?
I see one right here.
Who's going to stand with him?

When that man joined the Corps he believed he was fighting for something.
He swore an oath to defend The Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic.
Maybe every citizen should swear the same.
Stand together and openly proclaim our rights to free speech and free assembly.
It's the only thing true patriots can all agree on.

If we cannot save our Nation through Constitutional means then there is no saving it.
The second we throw it out for expediency's sake we are no longer a Republic but a mob.
There is no right, no left, no capitalists and no communists.
There are Constitutionalists and there are traitors.
and that is the bottom line.

That was beautiful brother. Quoted for truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by On the level
reply to post by BigBruddah

Nah they only attack women and small men, when someone looks like they would be happy to fight back they all stand about looking like scared little boys.

This is true, had he been 1 foot smaller and 100 pounds lighter the cops would have had him removed and arrested for sure. They obviously didn't have the gall to stop him.

If they would of went after an marine in his uniform they would of created a huge mess in NYC, riots would have followed.... Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
reply to post by srsen

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I have some issues with the claims of who this person is for several reasons:

As a former Marine, this guy is completely out of regulations, not just in small ways, but in really huge NASTY ways. NO self-respecting active duty Marine would dare go in public looking like this. It's my opinion that he borrowed a friend's uniform without their knowledge. There's nothing that would convince me he is either an active duty Marine or even a recently former Marine. NO WAY...
a.) No cammies are allowed to be worn in public off base....period.
b.) He's unshaven.
c.) He's not wearing his cover.
d.) His blouse is not only unbuttoned, but it's clearly too small.
e.) His sleeves aren't rolled properly.
f.) His green t-shirt is untucked.
g.) He is inciting a riot....IN UNIFORM AND ON CAMERA!!! HELLO!! NO military service member is allowed
to go on camera in uniform and speak with any sort of political overtones AT ALL.
h.) He's sporting ribbons on his unbuttoned cammie blouse...ribbons are not authorized for use on cammies,
and even if they were, he's wearing them improperly.

If by some off chance he IS a former Marine, he shames his Corps by the fact that he appeared so sloppily and attempted to speak on behalf of the Marine Corps, which he would never be allowed to do as an active duty Marine. I'm baffled that any former Marine would do this...he likely has a some adverse discharge on his record, OR has a few screws loose from his alleged time in Iraq.

Come on folks...don't believe everything you see.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Gseven because: typo

edit on 17-10-2011 by Gseven because: correction

Are you a Marine?

Well I AM, and there is nothing that man did that shamed the Corp. I'm PROUD to call him my brother.

Take your opinion and tell it walking.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So this guy says if you want to hurt and kill people go to Iraq, and he's some sort of hero?? WTF is wrong with this picture? Whoopdee doo. I guess everyone overlooks this. Enjoy your DU.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

Originally posted by dethduck
reply to post by Gseven

Firstly, who is saying he's active duty? It says in the article he served two tours and is currently going to college and playing amateur football. Doesn't sound active duty.

Secondly, nitpicking appearance in absolutely no way denigrates or invalidates his actions or his words.

I don't care if he was a veteran, a vagabond or a vegan, what he said and what he did was what needed to be heard and should have been done. He was braver than me sitting here applauding him and he's braver than you sitting there deriding him. He's the one, whoever our whatever he may be, that is standing there between the police and the people, and I respect that.
edit on 10/17/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/17/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

Nothing stated that he was either active duty or former duty....I addressed both. And, only Marines understand the points I've made. Them, more so than any other branch of the military, takes their appearance, uniform regulations and adherence to their codes of conduct to a much higher level. Once a Marine, always a Marine...every Marine, both active duty and former, knows this. A Marine would NEVER behave this way in public, much less in uniform, and even less in the crap he put together, pretending to play a Marine. Every fiber in his body would have been screaming at him if he had actually been a Marine and pulled this mess off.

My issue is with the fact that everyone is falling over their bottom lips because of the title of the thread/video and the fact that he is allegedly representing the Marine Corps. So yes, I do have a problem with that....even more so for how he conducted himself. I see no honor in what he did, and he sure as heck doesn't speak for the Marine Corps. He didn't stand "in between" the police and the protesters. The only yelling and making a fuss was him. Like it or not, he was a poser - a piss poor one at that - and he was likely planted there by someone with an agenda.

Who are you to say how a marine should behave? Who do marines swear to protect? American civilians. Who funds the marines? American civilians. Who gets to define what they are and are not? American civilians. This man is one of the very few marines I've ever seen actually protecting US citizens. You seriously think the people in that crowd would give a crap about your opinion on some school girl dress code?! In this sense, this man is twice the marine you will ever be. If you want to fulfill your duty as a marine, I'd suggest you go protect our constitution and your countrymen and I doubt many of us would care whether or not you just stepped out of the shower.

And to the rest of you who instantly said "somethin's not right here..." with only superficial reasons to back it up:

Get a grip. Half the people on this sight would question the agenda of a sweater their grandmother gave them. Sometimes cool things happen and sometimes they even happen like they look. How do you people function in public with thoughts like that going through your head all the time?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

If you have never seen soldiers protest, watch the movie "Born on the Fourth of July".

It happens all the time.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Is so funny, my husband is a retired marine when he was on vacation he would grow his beard, mustache and hair, so I guess he was a funny during his leave time.

I wonder the mentality of some, but then again they obviously never served in the military like you and my husband.

Hurrah.

edit on 17-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Some information on what led up to the exchange:

"Last night at Occupy Wall Street in Times Square, Marine Sergeant Shamar Thomas boldly defended the occupiers. Sergeant Thomas calmly asked the NYPD why they aren't protecting the peaceful protestors. The NYPD ignored his questions and continued telling protestors to leave the sidewalk otherwise "they'd get hurt." Then, in an epic scene, Thomas approached the line of NYPD officers who held their batons.

mikenormaneconomics.blogspot.com...

So, you can't even walk the sidewalks in NYC anymore

Some more information about Sgt. Shamar Thomas from his YouTube Channel:

Sgt. Shamar Thomas USMC Veteran. I took an Oath that I live by.I am NOT anti-NYPD. I am anti- Police Brutality. I am no longer under contract with the USMC so I do NOT have to follow military uniform regulations. I DON'T affiliate myself with ANY GROUPS or POLITICAL ORG. I affiliate myself with the AMERICAN PEOPLE that's it. I REFUSE to affiliate with anything that SEPERATES. There is an obvious problem in the country and PEACEFUL PEOPLE should be allowed to PROTEST without Brutality. I was involved in a RIOT in Rutbah, Iraq 2004 and we did NOT treat the Iraqi citizens like they are treating the unarmed civilians in our OWN Country. No one was brutalized because our mission was to "WIN the hearts and minds", why should I expect anything less in my OWN Country.

www.youtube.com...

Personally, I would rather have the Army or Marines on the streets than the police if the SHTF. They have more discipline and they don't have to worry about losing their jobs. Look at what happened in New Orleans. It was US Army Lt. General Honoré who told the roaming bands of goon police to stop pointing their weapons and actually do something useful. It was he who restored order there and started treating Americans like Americans.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I like the ending when he said...

"Oh, I don't know where they went. They walked away. They're scared"

I would be too.

Surprised they didn't get their tazers out.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

www.youtube.com

United States Marine Corps. Sgt. Shamar Thomas from Roosevelt, NY went toe to toe with the New York Police Department. An activist in the Occupy Wall Street movement, Thomas voiced his opinions of the NYPD police brutality that had and has been plaguing the #OWS movement.

Thomas is a 24-year-old Marine Veteran (2 tours in Iraq), he currently plays amateur football and is in college.

Thomas comes from a long line of people who sacrifice for their country: Mother, Army Veteran (Iraq), Step father, Army, active duty (Afghanistan), Grand father, Air Force veteran (Vietnam), Great Grand Fathe
(visit the link for the full news article)

G_D Bless the US Marines. This man IS a Patriot!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join