One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

That dude was taller than everyone on that street man that guy is massive. Those cops were grabbing woman and little guys, I don't think those cops wanted a confrontation with him........ he's right they are dishonorable cowards.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Gseven

As for this guy, he's made a big stink over a stupid non side story, and didn't even address anything to do with the issues at hand. Hardly patriotic.

I'm afraid I just don't have a way to demonstrate how much I disagree with this - there are not enough words

he was calling on the police to mind themselves - check their behavior, think about their motives - and side with the American people - the people they have sworn to protect

which part of peaceful protest do you not understand?

forgive me my moment of pride and patriotism here - but - are you serious?

Why yes....I am serious. Are you? What part of that video makes you believe he was promoting anything peaceful? What part of that video showed police brutality? Wait, I'll answer that....NONE! So everyone here is tripping over themselves to support a guy who is provoking the police, and inciting disruptive behavior, with no evidence to support what he has claimed they've done. You'll have to do better than that. Pride and patriotism have nothing to do with this. Watching a Vietnam vet in a wheelchair stand up on his own while pushing away helping hands, when he hears his national anthem, with tears running down his cheeks....THAT'S pride and patriotism, my friend. THAT moves me.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I was directing the scared part of my comment to the previous replies that were saying something to the effect that the NYPD officers were too scared....and they only target small men and women. I was trying to imply that maybe they were scared or weren't, or maybe they support the idea of the protest, and/or what the man is saying. Or the man wasn't really doing anything that they would need to step in and stop. The general point i was trying to push in my reply, is that the NYPD is just doing their job, minus a few "excessive force" issues. That the main focus of the protest is to the people at the top, and not at the NYPD officers on the ground.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I have to say I am speechless, this is just amazing, now we know why, the US government will no want the troops to come home in numbers, because when they witness what is going on in this nation that they are supposedly protecting, is going to be many as angry as that young man was.

He is a big guy and very proud too.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

One of the reason that I believe they will not touch him is because he told the police that he is a veteran and that comes from a family of service men and women, if a video of a violence against this man is released into the channels (internet no the regular media we know that they are bought up by big interest) and our troops see this oversea is going to be big trouble.

But he handle his anger well while releasing his frustrations, I applaud him for that.

edit on 17-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I'd like to see a video showing how this started... all I see are clips AFTER altercations have started...

And does no one else find it a little curious that there are large film crews in the mix and constant camera flashes going off every second?

Police brutality happens, but I promise you that the Police officers have more in common with the protesters than the people they're supposedly protesting.

Think about that for a second before you jump out there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

That is one incredibly strong and emotional video!

Sgt. Shamar Thomas is a true gentleman (though quite loud) and absolutely amazing and brave for speaking his heart!

I think that when SHTF absolutely most of the American militaries will act just the same way. They are also humans and citizens with their own families and loved ones, and they have seen enough sh*t to know better than not siding with the civilians.
They are brave people, fighting for freedom and this gentleman is a perfect example of that.

Sgt. Shamar Thomas I salute you.
edit on 17-10-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by oceleste

Originally posted by zerbot565
hahahaha , tip of the hat ,
that fellow can sleep on my porch or couch anytime.
heck id even throw a BBQ for him.

he speaks the truth and that is honorable.

True change is when he can sleep in your house.

That goes for any veteran in my book. Wouldn't be the first time.

To the poster that is slamming this guy on marine dress regs, be that as it may that he's out of uniform and without cover, doesn't make him speak any less truth. You made the charge that he is not USMC, therefore the burden of proof is upon YOU to defend that claim, not the OP.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Let's send you there. And we'll se how tough you are. It's easy to sit at your computer and call cops 'pigs'. This man is clearly trying to provoke them. If you ask me he's the 'pig'. Now that i've seen the full video,there's no way this guy is a vet. He's probably just some mentally ill clown trying to start a riot.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
As soon as he lost it and said '#', they should have taser him.

If he was ever in the military he'd know you have to be professional, and courteous.

What happened in Iraq, happens here. Armed Squads kicking in doors and killing innocent people.

Happens every day. Nobody ever protests it.

There is now a Private Corporation in America that owns military F-16's and New Zealands Skyhawks.
There's private corporations now in America who own assets in space that could destroy cities. Or target single people.

Nobody protests it.

It's Judgement Day and the worlds going to find out....they were lied to.

The weapons of God are in some very Racist hands. Their plans don't include most of the population of Earth.

This guy has "bb's" I'll say that much...well good for gutsy outburst!
I'm surprised they didn't beat him down..

Perv I'm really wondering here man who you are or how you know this ...?

Answer me this....

Does this same club have triangular craft outside the earths atmosphere by any chance? Or is this secret club your talking about only into the "dino-tech" you mentioned like f-16's? Personally Iv'e been wanting to know just wich club has what tech? (I'm fascinated with hyperdimensional tech) What is this asset in space you refer to? Where is this coming from?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Can someone fill me in with what is going on exactly right now, it seems every countyr apart from australia and england are rising up against their governments

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
oaauuu , extraordinary, i have no words, ......one divine step from him(US MARINE), one giant step for men kind !....and one big step back for the cops...lool

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I find it ironic how some of you have so much hate for soldiers until one steps on your side.If that man knew of half the things some have said about about wars and killing he would be mad at everyone on the street.

I pray that he will start to see more truth into his boss's agenda.May be come to realeyes that killing anywhere is not the answer.Hopefully looking at those uniforms and seeing how there just doing there job just like him and that were all being led around.

EVERYONE should understand that if he didn't have his medals on that day that he would have been arrested for disturbing the peace.They gave him a pass and rightfully so but the police won't stand for much of people yelling in a rage of anger.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sabalsis1972

And the citizens finally are waking up to the great lies that America corporate elite run government has been telling for decades, you know here in ATS a few years ago we predicted the wakening of the masses to government corruption, but we never imagine it was going to be this big and so far with not violence yet.

People are going to get more vocal and that is going to anger the powers that rules this nation, people so far has been compliant and peaceful.

You can only push so much before hell brakes lose, people has been holding their anger inside for too long.

At the end, when things get really out of control I see most police taking side with the people and so the military.

edit on 17-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

but we never imagine it was going to be this big and so far with not violence yet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good work

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Gseven

As for this guy, he's made a big stink over a stupid non side story, and didn't even address anything to do with the issues at hand. Hardly patriotic.

I'm afraid I just don't have a way to demonstrate how much I disagree with this - there are not enough words

he was calling on the police to mind themselves - check their behavior, think about their motives - and side with the American people - the people they have sworn to protect

which part of peaceful protest do you not understand?

forgive me my moment of pride and patriotism here - but - are you serious?

Why yes....I am serious. Are you? What part of that video makes you believe he was promoting anything peaceful? What part of that video showed police brutality? Wait, I'll answer that....NONE! So everyone here is tripping over themselves to support a guy who is provoking the police, and inciting disruptive behavior, with no evidence to support what he has claimed they've done. You'll have to do better than that. Pride and patriotism have nothing to do with this. Watching a Vietnam vet in a wheelchair stand up on his own while pushing away helping hands, when he hears his national anthem, with tears running down his cheeks....THAT'S pride and patriotism, my friend. THAT moves me.

GSeven

I completely AGREE with all your comments on this thread.............. Many others Emotions are running faster than the facts at hand and your appreciation of this situation is accurate....

I sympathize with the 'Marines ?' views BUT something just does not ADD up with that clip.......... !! Who is he ?, Was he ever in the Corps ? if so then fairplay to him BUT does he still represent them ? Was he trying to incite or please the cameras....??

Interesting to note that in Portugal............ a little European country than many in the USA would find difficult to place...
it has been reported in another thread that the 'Military' are to back the People and not TPTB....interesting if true ??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
1st clip- Very very powerful stuff. The man speaks the truth, there is no honor in what these NYPD cops are doing...To a certain degree they went from heros (on 9/11) to disgusting human beings now...The transofrmation is horrible.....

2nd clip- That police brutality is horrible...It totally disgusts me.....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Why yes....I am serious. Are you? What part of that video makes you believe he was promoting anything peaceful? What part of that video showed police brutality? Wait, I'll answer that....NONE! So everyone here is tripping over themselves to support a guy who is provoking the police, and inciting disruptive behavior, with no evidence to support what he has claimed they've done.

I wonder how willing you are to look at a few things from my point of view – just for a minute or two

you're questioning who and what he says he is – but you completely miss what he’s saying

what he’s saying is less important to you than what he’s wearing – which in your book is such a problem that it moved you to say this:

As a former Marine, this guy is completely out of regulations, not just in small ways, but in really huge NASTY ways.

nasty? :-)

g.) He is inciting a riot....IN UNIFORM AND ON CAMERA!!! HELLO!! NO military service member is allowed to go on camera in uniform and speak with any sort of political overtones AT ALL.

He’s American first – and I promise you that, at least for the time being – Americans are very much allowed to go on camera and say whatever they want

How was he inciting to riot? All he did was plead for restraint?

I think you think protesting is in and of itself a bad thing – and un-American. We should never ever question authority?

We should never speak our minds? This would be un-patriotic?

d.) His blouse is not only unbuttoned, but it's clearly too small.

Friend – if I had just come back from active duty – after having witnessed or been involved in some of the things he was likely to have seen and done – I might do a little extra stress snacking myself

The cammies would be the only choice left to me

He’s not provoking the police – he’s reasoning with them. By the way – they work for him. Maybe you don’t see that part, but – there it is

As trained officers of the law – they shouldn’t allow themselves to be provoked in a situation like this – they have a job to do. They’re human – and they’re not evil – I don’t believe anyone is saying that they are

You’re missing the most important part of this entire drama. They have a job to do – keep order. These officers have done nothing – but that doesn’t make this gentleman wrong – and the one thing I’d like to ask of you is to go back, watch that video and look at each of the faces of each of the officers caught on film in this one video

What emotions do you see?

Why didn't they arrest him?

You'll have to do better than that. Pride and patriotism have nothing to do with this. Watching a Vietnam vet in a wheelchair stand up on his own while pushing away helping hands, when he hears his national anthem, with tears running down his cheeks....THAT'S pride and patriotism, my friend. THAT moves me.

Watching any ordinary American citizen - or citizen of anywhere actually – serviceman or not – stand their ground and beg for restraint in a tense situation – a situation where actual citizens have gathered to protest against things they think are hurting the people...

this is what moves me

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That's what happens when you're approached by a completely ripped marine who is 2ft taller and wider than anybody there, who is screaming in your face. It would be #ing terrifying even for a cop.

They had two options;
walk away or start a revolution.

I doubt I will ever meet or know this man but kudos.
You're the voices of the voiceless, at least for tonight.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think that the posts focusing on his appearance and using that as the basis for refuting his claim of service are ignoring several things.

It's easily late PM when this took place. If he had been out there all day in a huge crowd, then more than likely at the onset of the day he was shaven and orderly and after a day of standing around with a crowd he got disheveled.

It's reasonable and to be expected. If he's been out there protesting with the crowd for multiple days it is even more likely that it was difficult for him to shave and keep his appearance in line with his normal standards.
I don't know about ribbons and so on. But his level of scruff and appearance didn't look out of line with standing around for 36-48 hours without the ability to break out and 3S.

If you don't like what he's saying, just disagree with what he is saying. Trying to tear him down over all these other matters just appears petty.It gives the appearance that a persons opinion is less important simply because they don't "look" how you think they should look. And that's never good.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join