It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Scientist Patents Time Machine. Possible Connection To John Titor?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Thank you! I was looking for a medical reason connected to computers. This isn't that, but very interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Thank you! I was looking for a medical reason connected to computers. This isn't that, but very interesting.

Not a problem, I work in IT had to help deal with specifics due to possible medical issues in the past, feel free to u2u me about what your looking for, I might be able to help?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
This patent by Pohlman that was used as the basis for creation of this thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with "conventional" time travel and/or time machines and has no bearing whatsoever on travel into the past or future as espoused by "Titor".

At NO point whatsoever within his patent does he mention time travel into the past and/or future in the manner described by the alleged "Titor".

In fact, I'd like to know why the thread creator believed that there was ANY KIND of link between Pohlman's patent and the alleged time-travelling Titor

It's fairly simple, the guy is screaming "Hello it's me!" Though I'm not buying it, this has been done several times before by other people. But you never know....

In his own words:
www.nicollecjones.com...

Marlin Pohlman says:
November 6, 2006 at 7:37 pm
If anyone is interested in making use of this patent. The cost is ONE WORKING PROTOTYPE.

Seriously, I have a degree in Physics and Engineering and back engineered this based on John Titor’s post. (I also back engineered the Nuclear Isomer devices) I work for a large software company have no profit motive. I just want one and don’t have the means to build it.

I hope GE or some other large company takes it over. I just want one for “personal” use

Do you think someone would seriously base their physics work on a possible internet hoax?

edit on 16-10-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus[/i
Im so sorry, but have limited access at work.....when did titor start posting? 2002?

Back in 2000 and 2001. This link should get you up to date, en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-10-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

In fact, I'd like to know why the thread creator believed that there was ANY KIND of link between Pohlman's patent and the alleged time-travelling Titor

Did you not read the BIN article or even the whole thread for that matter. There are definitive connections between Pohlman and Titor.

ALS

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The patent is from 2006, old news

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

Old news perhaps but I nor many people on this thread knew about it. Making your (already pointless) post moot.

ALS

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
For everyone on the Thread. I just Emailed Marlin to ask if he could pop over and chat with us. Could be interesting if he does.

ALS

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I.want.Modafinil.
Really the other day I was thinking about how to download all mathematical knowledge we have into my own sexy head. No need now, because we have a superdrug

Anyway, patent is still pending? I wonder why.

As to time travel, if possible it will create new time lines = universes with the nice possibility of getting stuck in such a new time line.... ah well.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Great stuff !

I think it would be very exciting, especially to get his take on the whole thing, and just how viable he believes time travel to be

I hope he takes up your invitation

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I already have a time machine and i can prove it. www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-10-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Even allowing that his/her analysis of pairs of Kerr singularities is correct, there's still no conceivable way to create and / or contain and / or control even a single Kerr black hole, let alone two, without involving truly cosmic energy scales. Simply put, if we could get to the point where this would be possible, we wouldn't be worrying in the slightest about fossil fuels or renewable energy sources. It wouldn't be possible on the surface of the earth without seriously damaging the planet itself.

Secondly, the very first paragraph in the theoretical background should make it obvious that this is not relying on any sort of established physics or science. From start to finish it is extremely speculative and in many places exactly wrong. If the person who wrote this patent application really believes their theory of "quintessence" and can prove it, then why are they wasting their time writing patent applications? They should just write up their theory and win several Nobel prizes while securing their place in the history books for eternity as the theorist who cracked quantum gravity.

Simply put, it's bunk.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
sinusoidal oscillations..... i was lost at this..

I have no experience in this "field", just always had a curiosity and i call bunk.
Do peeps really think a backyard/closet scientist is gonna come up with a find
of the millennium? This guy would be shut down quick-smart, carted off to an
unknown destination, and his work handed over to some quasi-secret gov
black-ops group, and we would NEVER read about it here.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You can't have a patent for something unless there's already a working version.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

That is blatantly false. You do not need a working prototype for a successful patent.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
the problem is that if it were to work at all this "time machine" would be subjected to forces more powerfull than anyone could imagine and it would ultimatley collapse in on itself and would positively kill the operator. the only reason this patent got through is the patent laws have changed and any quack can patent anything its a way to patent unproveable theories.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anthaltie

Yeah! The patent is basically saying, "lets sit on top of a couple of black holes! Nevermind how we make the black holes. According to my quack science, we would not be ripped to shreds but instead be teleported back in time which would be totally sweet!"

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Interesting topic, just found this thread. Will go thru the patent doc and post again.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The patent for the time machine is not real.

Marlin B. Pohlman was participating in some medical trials, which he claims temporarily increased his IG. He had an interest in time travel since he was young. While in these trials he wrote the patent and decided to include Titor's diagram. He had to redraw the diagram because the copy he downloaded was of poor quality.

I've researched this and ran across physicists discussing the patent. While some of the material has some merit, there were many instances where there were fundamental errors. There conclusion was that it was more like a draft for a theoretical paper. With the mistakes corrected and more detail in some areas it might be something to look at again. As it stands, it is only a first attempt at something meaningful.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I had a great deal of time during Chemo, four years and Oracle did not let me do any IT related work so the patent was my pet project sitting on the beige couch with the IV

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join