It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by Drew99GT

Eric Holder (and the Obama administration) is on the verge of losing his job over blatantly lying about Fast and Furious, and a day later, they foil an Iranian terror plot.

AHHH HA AHHH HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAO. They really think the US public is that stupid!

What I find funny is that you believe you somehow not.

Of course - I'm the one making that observation, so it's hardly fair to any merely average human.

Criticism over "fast and furious" has been ongoing for the past month or longer. It's nothing new, and it's not going to suddenly end.

As others have pointed out - this is also not the first time a terror plot has been foiled.

Do you really think that Iran would need to buy explosives and manpower from mexican gangs? This doesn't even come close to passing the sniff test.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by verotik
Do you really think that Iran would need to buy explosives and manpower from mexican gangs? This doesn't even come close to passing the sniff test.

It honestly sounds like a B-movie plot. Dangerous Iranian Ihndar coming through the backdoor with Coyote Carlos, complete with bombs and dirty mexican weed.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

May I humbly remind you of the famous saying:
"Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism." - Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Might be off-base here but it reminds me of when Hitler staged the 'attack' on the radio station by Polish radicals giving him a chance to making him look like a hero by avenging Germany (by attacking Poland) as the German people were starting to eye Hitler as a bad leader! Nothing like making yourself a hero to make people forget the 'little' transgressions against them by their own government!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
"The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens of the potential for anti-U.S. actions following the disruption of a plot, linked to Iran, to commit a significant terrorist act in the United States, " it said in the warning that expires on Jan. 11, 2012.

So what there's a terrorist deadline now, gimme a break. At least the fat cats up top are kind enough to give us a timeline though of when they might actually stage something.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
three reasons why this is all made up ,
1;Fast and Furious thing put together by Eric Holder's Justice Department, takes the heat off it and make us look at this, when we should pay no attention to it.

2;Makes Ron Paul look bad;" Iran is no threat"

3; puts a link between Iran and Mexico? Now this is got me thinking: War in our own back yard? Would make a lot of folks happy, end the drug war once and for all., clean out Mexico border city's, and close the border down, it would be a war zone, and,

It would be an act of war if Iran did send its ships, to the east coast,seen as a direct threat to the eastern sea board.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

it is mindsets like yours that has/is ruining our country. everyone is evil but you an your friends and we never do no wrong. its a real shame that so many are outta touch with reality. i would say see ya at the loony bin, but psychopaths arent outed in our society they are celebrated. congrats!

Mindsets like me? You mean like the patriotic Americans that made this country what it used to be? Your foolish if you actually believe the garbage you are posting.....

Liberals, especially Obama, and any Republican tied to big Oil, are the ones who made this Country into what it is becoming....

Your ignorance bleeds in your post.... If you are that interested in making this country out to be pure evil, then I will even help you get out of here if you'd like.... I understand that Bush made bad decisions, I don't agree with him totally... but I do believe that Iran is an issue that will have to be dealt with.... Get over it, they are bad news, and they prove it day in, day out....

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Listen -- questioning authority, and challenging entrenched wisdom is the most American thing there is. If YOU don't like it -- YOU move to Iran. I hear the douche-bags in charge there have a particular fondness for goose-stepping power rangers who never question their authoritah.

Yes it is American to question authority, but when it comes to this site, there has not been any questioning.... Its straight accusation of lying to its people.... Just because you guys don't have access to the Classified documents you guys get butt-hurt that the Government must be involved.... You guys seem more pro-Iran/Anti-America than you do like an American with doubts... If you actually used your brain instead of Liberal media and Alex Jones, you would realize that America is not capable of such mass False Flags.... Its just way too easy to see that a job of the scale you give credit for, couldn't be pulled off.... no way, no how.... Try it.... I bet with a group of 10 people, you couldn't pull something off without one person slipping up..... Now stack that by 10x and see if someone talks...

Originally posted by ColCurious

May I humbly remind you of the famous saying:
"Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism." - Thomas Jefferson.

I agree 110% with Jefferson, but as I stated above, this is no longer Dissent, it is betrayal.... You can only doubt the government so much before you must decide that the government is no longer working for you, in which you either change it.... or move somewhere else.... hence my post. I'm not the one voting these Democrats that have been in office since the country started tumbling.... MAYBE IF WE RE-ELECT THEM, THEY WILL FIX IT.........

Get them out of office, and get O-Bummer out of office, and things may actually start turning around....

I also think we should get all the troops home ASAP, but because of the requirement to keep the peace, it must be transitional.... meaning it will take time

Originally posted by bo12au

Originally posted by longtermproject
All of you that are in such support of Iran need to move to Iran... I am sure they will treat you well for your support.... while your at it, please take the 3 hikers back with you.... We don't want them.

Seriously, I have seen the most disgusting, anti American, anti patriotic rhetoric in this thread it makes me sick. I hope one day, you will open your eyes and realize that the looney bin does accept walk ins....

You guys make the U.S. seem like its so powerful in staging all these False flags... I know the Gov't is getting more corrupt by the day, but its not because they are staging attacks to kill their own people.... They need those people to stay elected, and line their pockets with money.

Iran is playing little kid tactics... Of course they are gonna deny involvement, because they got caught..... Iran knows that they won't go down without a fight, but they also know there is no chance that they would cause the U.S. enough harm before their country was put down..... Thats the positive side of being on a separate continent.... The U.S. has bases there, but they have nothing close enough for a strategic strike here....

Seriously though, if your anti-US, and you live in the U.S. you should just renounce your citizenship, and GTFO.... you are undeserving of what little freedoms we have left...

THANK YOU. I think ATS accounts should be connected with facebook like millions of other sites and I promise they wouldnt be talking like that

Exactly.... If people actually had to show who they were, they wouldnt spew their hatred all over this site.... Heck maybe one day, the U.S. will stage a false flag that wipes out all the anti-American citizens...

edit on 12-10-2011 by longtermproject because: More quotes

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The target was a Saudi, there is no love lost between Iran and Saudi Arabia. Take a out this Saudi (who appears to have a very high standing with the Royals but is not Royalty himself) on American soil (even though the chances are pretty low) and you score a one two punch against two hated rivals.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

So is there a direct link of the money ? Say from Iran to the alleged assassin? Or is it just guess work???

To be honest, I would have never issued the press release in the first place.

It pretty much destroyed any value back-tracking the money and contacts could have had, as anyone involved will be cleaning up the trail and know that the plan is compromised.

The press release, itself, was intended to take pressure off of the administration for the Fast and Furious campaign. It's typical Obama administration policy - to worry about trying to save face while compromising intelligence sources.

Normally, stuff like this would not get such public attention unless it was more overt (underwear/shoe bombers and the like).

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Saudis hate Iranians.

The only thing odd i find about this whole situation is there is harldy any mention of this in the Israeli news sites. Typically they would be all over a story like this. Im wondering of they are sitting quiet awaiting the "go signal" from Saudi Arabia to fly over and begin the campaign.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

YOUR ignorance is bleeding all over the place. Holy hell, what is wrong with you? It's patriotic to blindly swallow whatever our government tells us is true, even when the plot line is so ridiculous as this story? Nope, it isn't patriotic at all, it's idiotic. You even admit the oil companies, and special interests own our politicians. There are a few pipelines that stop at the Iranian border, yet you can't put two and two together? This isn't how Iran operates, and how is it ALL of these wannabe terrorists seem to link up with federal agents when they are trying to solicit materials or support for these attacks? But, that doesn't strike you as fishy at all. I think it's YOU who should move to Iran, you'd fit in perfectly there in the dictatorship. You're jingoism would be welcomed.

ETA: And speaking of classified documents, check out a couple declassified documents like the Gulf of Tonkin, and Operation Northwoods.
edit on 12-10-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shyster55
The story says that the iranian offered the supposed mexican drug cartel member 1.5 million to kill the Saudi ambassador. First of all I dont think any drug cartel would be willing to get heat put on them by the U.S. gov for 1.5 million. 1.5 million in nothing compared to what they make transporting drugs. Thats just plain stupid to offer them that little money to do something of that nature.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was orchestrated by israel as a way to get the U.S. to invade Iran for them. It would have been better if the U.S left saddam hussien in power so that Iran and Iraq could keep themselves occupied fighting each other. Thats what they were doing in the first place before the U.S got involved in the Middle East. But saddam hussien was paying palestinian suicide bomber's family's 30,000$ to kill Israelis, so I guess the U.S had to protect their ally. Even though the ally is the country thats spies on it the most and steals secret information and sells it to their potential enemies.... cough.... cough.... China.
edit on 11-10-2011 by shyster55 because: (no reason given)

I agree with your first paragraph 1.5 mill is nothing to the cartel. Maybe thats why they reported the scheme.It was insulting to the cartel.
The second paragraph is missing the part about Iraq invading Kuwait. Thats how we showed up in the first place.Everyone forgets the Kuwait part as to how this mess got started.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nfflhome

The cartels didn't report it, this used car salesman just happened to allegedly solicit an undercover agent in the cartel...what are the chances of that?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
For those wondering why a Qod Force member might try to use a drug cartel member to carry out his plan, here's a possible answer.

myrick.house.gov...

Now let's take the information I posted earlier about the report that was sent to Congress on September 23rd outlining the connection between Al Qaida and the Qod Force. Al Qaida uses the Qod Force to carry out their plans.

Then we have Hezbollah using drug cartels to help them carry out their plans.

I think we all know that Al Qaida and Hezbollah work together.

So, what we possibly have here is a drug cartel member, who's also a DEA informant, posing as an ally to Hezbollah to help both Al Qaida and Hezbollah (through Iran) carry out their missions inside the U.S., but have the finger pointed at a Mexican drug cartel member instead.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by verotik

Perhaps if you actually understood what happened, you would sound a little more sensible.

An Iranian attempted to contract a drug cartel to carry out an assassination on American soil. It was a proxy activity.

Iran lacks the ability to put together a multinational strike force and slip it behind American borders. That requires years of preparation and working indirectly with foreign freelance operatives. It's not as simple to slip entire teams of middle-eastern assassins into America as it used to be.

So, instead, you ask people who already have teams of hit-men and paramilitary resources experienced in smuggling to do the job for a fee.

It shows a surprisingly lateral approach to problem solving for Iran, and proves they are capable of learning... which, unfortunately, makes them less of a static threat.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I very much agree with you,there are so many things unspoken like:Why in this world in the last ten years on this planet the only 2 presidents suffering of cancer are Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro???

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

YOUR ignorance is bleeding all over the place. Holy hell, what is wrong with you? It's patriotic to blindly swallow whatever our government tells us is true, even when the plot line is so ridiculous as this story? Nope, it isn't patriotic at all, it's idiotic. You even admit the oil companies, and special interests own our politicians. There are a few pipelines that stop at the Iranian border, yet you can't put two and two together? This isn't how Iran operates, and how is it ALL of these wannabe terrorists seem to link up with federal agents when they are trying to solicit materials or support for these attacks? But, that doesn't strike you as fishy at all. I think it's YOU who should move to Iran, you'd fit in perfectly there in the dictatorship. You're jingoism would be welcomed.

ETA: And speaking of classified documents, check out a couple declassified documents like the Gulf of Tonkin, and Operation Northwoods.

Haha, I go based on given evidence, not Youtube, not Joe Bobs website, where a friend of a friend of a friend knew something.... Not a site where an ex Army/Air Force/Navy dude watched Youtube and came up with his own ideas.... Seriously... No ignorance comes from making objective statements based on actual documents.... I have been privy to some Classified things at one point, so I know how that stuff is worded, and I know that the Government makes lots of mistakes. What I am telling you, is the fact that Iran has been pressing issues with the U.S. for a long time now.... No surprise that they would try and hide an attack on us.... I don't understand how you can ignore that, just because you think we want their oil.

If you haven't been paying attention lately, we have found new oil reserves inside the continental U.S. We could get that oil, much cheaper than attacking another country... the thought that we would go after another M.E. country right now is totally unfounded. We are working our way out off the countries we are in, because we know we need to knock it off for a while....

I think you have some more life to live, and experience before you make some sort of whacko judgement on me buddy....

I would never survive in Iran, because I would speak out against the atrocities that they commit on a daily basis towards their people.... Me and radical Islam don't see eye to eye.... so No deal. I am happy with my country for the most part, I don't understand why the person who supports the country as it once was should ever have to leave it.... You want to bend the country to your will, and you want me to leave..... that sounds like Radical Islam to me....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by yellowbeard
The thing that convinces me most that this "Iranian plot" is complete bull poop is the amount of government mouthpieces very long standing members who hardly ever post that have come into this thread supporting it

Oh, I love being called a government mouthpiece.

It seems so much more amusing when I'm under extra survelliance for being a pain in the ass.

??????? I think your ego is getting out of control, Do you fit the criteria I put in, did you join in 2003/4 and only have a few posts to your credit ?
*looks left* Nope, it seems I wasn't talking about you then. Crawl back under your bush and hide from your alleged watchers

edit on 12/10/11 by yellowbeard because: added missing r

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i reckon its a false flag iran wouldnt dare risk a terror attack on the us while its nuclear programme is still in its infancy

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I remember a terror plot that involved 14 saudis, and two big buildings in new york

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join