It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This little event isn't going to cause world war 3.... do you know how many terror plots are disrupted each year? About 20 or so MAJOR attempts have been foiled since december 2001.

linkipdeia?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

maybe but since the only thing people are going to be talking about now is that plot

the deflection is complete this taking the heat off the adminstration all smoke and mirrors.

If only that were true... There is much more going on here, and this kind of "smoke and mirrors" is the very last thing the USA needs right now, no one benefits from it, except those who want war with Iran, and particularly between the USA and Iran.

Implicating Iran in this, without more time, was also a foolish move..

But hey, at least the plot was "disrupted"

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
More excuess to start a war with Iran, mark my words
the idiots on CNN are beliveing it
Link
edit on 11-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I understand what a false flag is.

The problem is that it's pretty simple to declare anything a false flag with no thought on the matter. Pearl Harbor was a false flag. Prove me wrong.

"well, Aim, how do you explain the Japanese aircraft?"

"Well, okay, perhaps it wasn't a blatant false-flag, but the Americans had a secret organization pulling the strings on Japan."

"That's just silly, Aim."

- And you see where the issue is with declaring everything a False Flag. You can always read into events, such as this, a potential benefit for instigating hostilities.

For example - let's say 9/11 had gone this way: "U.S. claims Afghanistan backed plot to destroy Twin Towers."

"Well, that's a false flag. America is just looking for an excuse to go on a crusade for oil!"

.... When the main criticism of why it -must- have been a false flag in the events we know and love: "None of our agencies caught it! It must have been a false-flag!"

There is no circumstances under which the government could intercept or be the target of a foreign group and it not be rationalized as a false flag under that mindset.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gutterpus
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Doesn't make sense to me. Why take out Adel A. Al-Jubeir, the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States and and a former foreign policy advisor to King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz. I can't see Iran wanting to go to war with Saudi as well as USA.

Interesting to see where this goes.

From the article:
The stunning allegations come against a backdrop of longstanding tensions between Iran and the United States and Saudi Arabia. In the last year, Saudi Arabia has attempted to build an anti-Iran alliance to push back against perceived aggression by Iran in the region.
The State Department has listed Iran as a "state sponsor" of terror since 1984. Officials in Argentina have said Iran was behind an attack on the Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires in 1992.

So, they have done it before, and that confirmation comes from Argentina, which at the time was not anywhere close to a US ally. Also, if you are familiar with the situation in the region, the countries aligned with the US are increasingly wary of Iran and have taken many measures to counter possible Iranian aggression. I believe it was a Prince of one of the Emirates that openly welcomed an Iranian regime change. Also, Saudi Arabia is a Sunni led country, and Iran is Shia led.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

fox is to, they are throwing the term "act of war" around rather loosely right now.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

there are indeed alot of things going on everyone will agree but iran isnt that stupid they have been funding and supplying the murder of americans in iraq and afghanistan for years and now all of the sudden oh theres a "dangeous terror plot"

when the government cares more about saudis and isrealis more than those people who died at iranian actions

nah man this thing stinks to high heaven.
edit on 11-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I'm sorry but after the revealing of Northwoods I don't believe or buy into any of this crap and rightfully so. The US has had a problem with Iran being a thorn in their side for a long time now. Iran is their LAST obstacle of complete ME dominance...its too convienient (once again) for our government to suddenly find a reason to do everything they wanted to do for a looong time now. They put off Iran until they had the rest of the ME under control. Now that they do its green light for Iran...

I think after the 9-11 truth backlash the military industrial complex is more hesitent on actually doing a physical false flags in which people can investigate and show it for what it is...They would much rather try and convince us we need to destroy Iran through here say, congecture and a whole lot of fearmongering.

And really they got their "intel from mexico"? A drug cartel was what was tipped off to the plan? No one finds that fishy?

I't doesn't make sense why Iran would attempt to do such a thing...If you are going to give the US war machine an invitation to rape your country your at least going to go out BIG...a few ambassidors is not worth it and what would it accomplish anyway?

I'll tell you what it accomplishes...It accomplishes a "fear" that they "may be planning more" in which out of that fear we act in a predictable manner in which we always do what we did before and its called "pre-emptive war".

Here is what I expect from MSM:

They will say how incredibly lucky we are to have caught it. They will constantly imply that we "may not catch the next one" thus building the "unknown fear" in people to say "well we need to do something about this" (pre-emptive war) They will go over a lot of "what ifs" and "exaggeration" of possible future attempts. They will try to get this going through here say and congecture from "experts" and "officials" to convicne people of what the "logical" responce should be...

IF this doesn't work prepare for the physical/real false flag.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, I would like to see ALL the evidence..

Iran DOES not like us and has vowed to kill us..

False flag? Stop with the conspiracy crap now,
peoples lives are at stake, lets be happy whatever
the plan was and wherever it came from was averted.

This is a big story, do you know how impossible it would be
to make this all up? You can't make this stuff up folks
this is real life.

link   
On CNN, the headline says "Obama learned of plot in June."

Gee, thanks for the heads up Obama!

link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Eric Holder talking about it Live on CNN right now. Tune in.

What convenient timing, given this:

www.foxnews.com...

Eric Holder (and the Obama administration) is on the verge of losing his job over blatantly lying about Fast and Furious, and a day later, they foil an Iranian terror plot.

AHHH HA AHHH HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAO. They really think the US public is that stupid!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

They really think the US public is that stupid!
Better yet, they know that the majority of the public is just that stupid.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hopefully Iran will issue a strong denial, and show some evidence that they were not involved in this... Then maybe the idiots who leaked this to the press will be motivated to investigate more.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

fox is to, they are throwing the term "act of war" around rather loosely right now.

Just as i thought
this will pis# the russians if one attack on Iran does happen, we are in world war three. I swear they are using tactics that hitler used, and oh boy will you look at the idiots in the sean hannity forum?

They are saying lets go and bomb iran and bring them back to the stone ages!

hitler would be so proud of obama and the neocons.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
On CNN, the headline says "Obama learned of plot in June."

June of 2011 eh?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

i have to clarify my position irans goverment needs changed but not at the expense of any american life

weve done enough time for others to step up

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Well, I would like to see ALL the evidence..

Iran DOES not like us and has vowed to kill us..

False flag? Stop with the conspiracy crap now,
peoples lives are at stake, lets be happy whatever
the plan was and wherever it came from was averted.

This is a big story, do you know how impossible it would be
to make this all up? You can't make this stuff up folks
this is real life.

Research Op Northwoods...THATS how you make this stuff up...

I agree people's lives are at stake but not for the reasons you think they are...

And you stop with the "conspiracy crap"....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Really, so since we live in a world where the President is never trusted, Fox should be reporting that the government announced a false-flag attack, right?

Honestly, why would the US want another war right now? We would be bogged down with another insurgency, and things at home would decay at an even faster rate. What is the benefit of a war with Iran? Oil? We should invade Canada if we want more oil. More money for the Military Industrial Complex? How much more money can they possibly get? Most of the money comes from developing advanced weapons, and we had the technology to take out Iran over 30 years ago. If anything, a new war would divert funds from advanced technological projects such as new planes, ships, etc.

GET REAL. I would say it is 85% likelyhood that this is true, Iran was planning it, and 15% a false flag.
Since most people trust the government to tell the truth in an emergency situation like this, and assuming they are telling the truth...
If the attack was carried out, HOW IS IT NOT AN ACT OF WAR?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
We can bet McCain is singing, and dancing
Bomb Bomb Iran.
It was he always wanted.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
We can bet McCain is singing, and dancing
Bomb Bomb Iran.
It was he always wanted.

Yeah thats what he always wanted not just Iran but North Korea Russia, China
what a war monger and he cliams that he isnt? thats qutie hilarious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join