It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Please trust me i dont like Iran but seriously, this is just to help Obama and Holder to cover up them sending guns to Mexico. Try to make Holder look good, idk if thats how you spell his name but who cares, plus this can give us another reason to invade yet another country. Nation building is what we do best.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
Iran doesn't have the money? Give me a break! Iran has the money and the crazies to proceed with this kind of aggression. They know they cannot beat us militarily, so they would use there psychologically impaired idiots to attack the US, Israel and Saudi Arabia. They are playing with fire, death and destruction!

the americans are the agressors in the world. unfortunately. Im not quite sure how that happened, it used to be such a cool country, now its a bunch of rednecked racists, that are out for world domination in the name of protecting itself..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

Iran doesn't have the money? Give me a break! Iran has the money and the crazies to proceed with this kind of aggression. They know they cannot beat us militarily, so they would use there psychologically impaired idiots to attack the US, Israel and Saudi Arabia. They are playing with fire, death and destruction!

the americans are the agressors in the world. unfortunately. Im not quite sure how that happened, it used to be such a cool country, now its a bunch of rednecked racists, that are out for world domination in the name of protecting itself..

Hey im kinda a redneck lol and i agree with you our country is so arrogant its un believable, our country has no clue its sad.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
China is Saudi's new best buddy.

Likely a false flag, never was a plot. Just a nice story to try and get the Saud's to think we did something for them.

The Saudi's still hate us. We robbed them of hundreds of Billions.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

Nothing has changed, only your perception of it, they have been that way since day one ! Although rest of the world is the same, we have been living inside a bubble of deception for so long, that we can't seem to connect all of the dots and see the big picture.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Look closely people, these are Iranian assassins going after and Arabian embassador on US soil.

If they were directly going after the US, why not a US embassador on Iranian soil?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It seems to me that the Iranians wouldn't be going through the Mexican drug cartel to do it either. I thought they were the FBI and CIA lackeys...

U.S. officials say the administration will lobby for the imposition of new international sanctions as well as for individual nations to expand their own penalties against Iran based on allegations that Iranian agents tried to recruit a purported member of a Mexican drug cartel to kill the Saudi envoy on American soil.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just to tone down the impending war doom...

Senior Obama administration officials said the U.S. currently does not have any information indicating that either Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei or President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad necessarily knew about the assassination plot and said the U.S. will pursue a path of response that would not include the possibility of an armed conflict with Iran.
abcnews.go.com...

I'm not posting that to defend Iran, but rather to point out that it doesn't look like we're going to be directly holding Iran's leaders responsible or taking any overt military action against the country.
edit on 10/12/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Link added

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Whole thing stinks big time. It just doesn't make sense at all for Iran to do such a thing... and for those that think Iran is run by crazy lunatics that would do anything... keep your regurgitated propaganda to yourselves... I'm not that stupid to believe such nonsense. They might not have the greatest bunch of leaders, but they aren't that dumb and certainly not as aggressive to other nations as the US is. They'd have no reason to make such an assassination attempt and I don't believe they did.

On the other hand, we all know how badly the US and Israel want to blow Iran out of the way of their special interests... and we also know how this whole story can be used to try and discredit Ron Paul. All in all, plenty of reasons.

So if you had to ask me whether I thought this is more likely a false flag event... you bet your ass I do. It stinks big time of one!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Yeah but you gotta admit... the Government/MSM are certainly not wasting any time in taking advantage of this story to build the public's support against Iran's Government. Just watch Fox News coverage of the story... "there's NO WAY Ahmadinejad couldn't have known about this!". It's downright scary how quick they've drawn conclusions.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Nonsense.

Want to get people's attention turned away from the crappy economy and abysmal presidential ratings? Come up with some Tom Clancy-ish scheme as a front to start a war with Iran.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well they're on the list after all... and after that speech @the united nations last month he probably dug himself an earlier grave,

Cue the invasion of Iran

Cue WWIII with North Korea & China

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

it is mindsets like yours that has/is ruining our country. everyone is evil but you an your friends and we never do no wrong. its a real shame that so many are outta touch with reality. i would say see ya at the loony bin, but psychopaths arent outed in our society they are celebrated. congrats!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Perhaps YOU should look more closely. If you even followed the news, you would know that the US has no formal diplomatic relations with Iran. The Swiss help us out there.

I love how people can point so easily and say that the official story does not make sense, then come up with an unresearched and impossible statement that allegedly makes perfect sense. Long live ATS.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Today I checked most of the major German Online Mass Media, and the very good news is:

Most of the users commenting on this story do not buy it ! Even on classic conservative Media Outlets the comments sound like coming from ATS-Members.

So I guess, at least in Europe, the mass is waking up.

Sad thing is; it will not matter much.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It would not entirely surprise me if Iran would plan something like this. But seriously, what are the odds that they would decide to hire a Mexican drug gang hit man who would coincidentally turn out to be a DEA informant and probably part of the whole Fast and Furious thing put together by Eric Holder's Justice Department?

As others have pointed out, it gives Eric Holder a chance to be the hero right as he is about to get subpoenaed over Fast and Furious. And it could even be used to justify how some benefit did come from Fast and Furious. Plus the US government and some of our allies are just looking for reasons to up the ante against Iran...

Of course we will likely never know what really happened, but it does seem a bit too convenient. This sort of coincidence seems to happen way too often in these allegedly foiled terror plots.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Ummm. the diplomat was Arabian. I am pretty sure they have some.

OH I am sorry, I see you were talking about American relations in Iran.

International Travel Emergencies and Crises» Lost and Stolen U.S. Passport Abroad
Death of a U.S. Citizen Abroad
Sending Money
Arrest of a U.S. Citizen Abroad
International Travel Information» Travel Warnings
Country Specific Information
Travel Alerts
International Travel Safety Information for Students
Spring Break in Mexico
International Financial Scams
International Maritime Piracy
Pandemic Influenza Fact Sheet
Tips for Traveling Abroad» Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
Safety Issues
Health Issues
Travel Brochures Living Abroad Tips» Residing Abroad
Overseas Voting
Drugs Abroad
A-Z Index of Topics

Iran
Country Specific InformationPrint Email Iran Warden Message – October 30, 2009
Recent Embassy Notices for American Citizens
Travel Warning for Iran
On this page »
Country Description
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)/Embassy Location
Entry/Exit Requirements for U.S. Citizens
Threats to Safety and Security
Crime
Victims of Crime
Criminal Penalties
Special Circumstances
Medical Facilities and Health Information
Medical Insurance
Traffic Safety and Road Conditions
Aviation Safety Oversight
Children's Issues

February 14, 2011
COUNTRY DESCRIPTION: Iran is a constitutional Islamic republic with a theocratic system of government where ultimate political authority is vested in the highest religious authority, the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. He has final say on all domestic, foreign, and security policies for Iran, though he establishes and supervises those policies in consultation with other political bodies. Shia Islam is the official religion of Iran, and Islamic law is the basis of the authority of the state. The Iranian constitution guarantees freedom of worship to Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians, though they are sometimes the subject of discrimination and repression. The work week in Iran is Saturday through Thursday; however, many government offices and private companies are closed on Thursdays. Friday is the day of rest when all establishments are closed. Offices in Iran are generally open to the public during the morning hours only. Read the Department of State Background Notes on Iran for additional information.

SMART TRAVELER ENROLLMENT PROGRAM (STEP) / EMBASSY LOCATION: The U.S. government does not have diplomatic or consular relations with the Islamic Republic of Iran and therefore cannot provide protection or routine consular services to U.S. citizens in Iran. The Swiss government, acting through its Embassy in Tehran, serves as protecting power for U.S. interests in Iran. If you are going to live in or visit Iran, please take the time to tell the Swiss Embassy about your trip. If you enroll, we can keep you up to date with important safety and security announcements. It will also help your friends and family get in touch with you in an emergency. Here’s the link to the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.

Local embassy information is available below and at the Department of State’s list of embassies and consulates.

Embassy of Switzerland – U.S. Interests Section
No. 39, Shahid Mousavi (Golestan 5th)
Pasdaran Avenue
Tehran, Iran
Telephone: (98) (21) 2254-2178 and (98) (21) 2256-5273
Facsimile: (98) (21) 2258-0432
Contact via e-mail: [email protected]

The workweek is Sunday through Thursday. Public service hours are 8:00 am – 12:00 noon. The Interests Section does not issue U.S. visas or accept visa applications.

The limited consular services provided to U.S. citizens in Tehran include:
(a) Registering U.S. citizens;
(b) Responding to inquiries concerning the welfare and whereabouts of U.S. citizens in Iran;
(c) Rendering assistance in times of distress or physical danger;
(d) Providing U.S. citizens with passport and Social Security card applications and other citizenship forms for processing at the U.S. Embassy in Bern, Switzerland;
(e) Performing notarial services; and
(f) Taking provisional custody of the personal effects of deceased U.S. citizens.

link

Let me be more specific for you, an Swiss/American American/Swiss Interest/Diplomat/Politician in Iran.
Just because it is not official, doesn't mean Americans don't go there on an official mission.

After your done detracting from the point of the thread to try to play snarky and
edit on 12-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I think everyone here, with common sense, will not even need to read past the title to know that this is pure BS. FEAR FEAR FEAR

IRAN IS BAD!!!!!! TERRORISTS.

The ONLY terrorists in this world work for the corporate "U.S." government. I believe that is a fact.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Just to tone down the impending war doom...

Senior Obama administration officials said the U.S. currently does not have any information indicating that either Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei or President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad necessarily knew about the assassination plot and said the U.S. will pursue a path of response that would not include the possibility of an armed conflict with Iran.
abcnews.go.com...

I'm not posting that to defend Iran, but rather to point out that it doesn't look like we're going to be directly holding Iran's leaders responsible or taking any overt military action against the country.

You should have added 'just yet' to the end of the last sentence.

Regardless of how many Americans can pretend to believe Iran planned a terrorist attack on US soil even if only against a Saudi Ambassador and not US interests/persons, it is impossible for the rest of the world to pretened the same. That doesn't prevent the US from attacking Iran, but giving no excuse would have been far better than this kind of impossible to believe, for non-Americans at least, excuse.

So claiming that it was planned/funded by some lower levels of the Iranian government, perhaps insist these "terrorists" be handed over for "trial in the US" and invade Iran for failing to do so, would be a better strategy. Alternately, just let it die down and use it as a supplementary excuse when going for the actual invasion. Since they are claiming some "rogue elements in the Iranian government" are responsible, it would make it sound more plausible and when the time comes everyone can pretend Iran attempted terror attacks on US soil

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Former CIA Agent Bob Baer has expressed his skepticism about this simply because it isn't how Iran operates.

They usually operate via proxy in order to not have direct ties back to Iran.

And also, the Saudi US Ambassador isn't a major player as he isn't part of the Royal family.There are much bigger fish to fry so too speak.

I smell another WMD charade on the horizon...in an attempt to demonize Iran....too bad that most of the world already know who the real terrorists of the world are...the USA.

There are very few groups operationally better than Iran’s Quds Force. They know what they are doing. The only proxies they use are ones they’ve vetted. They don’t get their own citizens get involved. They send other people to do it for them from Hezbollah to Bosnian Muslims. It would be completely uncharacteristic for Iran to be caught red handed." "So why were they all of a sudden so sloppy? Why would they take this risk now? Who cares about Saudi Ambassador to the U.S. Ali Jaber, anyway? He’s not a royal. He’s probably not the main interlocutor between the United States and Saudi Arabia. Why not go for Saudi Prince Bandar in London? Many other targets would serve Iranian interests better." "Everybody is looking for evidence that there is going to be a confrontation with Iran. Everybody is jumping on this as a sign of conflict to come. But there are many questions here that need to be answered."

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 12-10-2011 by nh_ee because: LIVE FREE OR DIE

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join