It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

abcnews.go.com

FBI and DEA agents have disrupted a plot to commit a "significant terrorist act in the United States" tied to Iran, federal officials told ABC News today.

The officials said the plot included the assassination of the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States, Adel Al-Jubeir, with a bomb and subsequent bomb attacks on the Saudi and Israeli embassies in Washington, D.C.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wow, pretty incredible news. Is this for real or just a set up for the next False Flag? Either way, serious ramifications are in order for those who planned it all. Wonder why this isn't on CNN right now or anything, this is HUGE!

I wonder how far they got along before the plan was foiled...Hopefully the news agencies start reporting this breaking story.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Iran doesn't have the money to do such an operation.

num 1 topic priority:
get people power and Nuke plants running!

why spoil that with a terror plot?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I'm sure money is of no issue if they really wanted to pull something off. With the oil they're sitting on it'd be hard to imagine them NOT getting the money.

Anyways, they're talking about in Live on CNN right now and they're saying some men approached Mexican drug cartels to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador. They're now saying it was backed by the Government. Let's see how Iran responds to this.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
well, we will see what happens next. maybe its a teaser, because israel just got their bunker-breaking bombs from the u.s.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

What's with the baiting potential terrorists and the whole future crime crap. This just seems like more of the guilty until proven innocent national security scare tactics to influence the public to give up more freedoms.

What's the probability that these recent would be terrorist would be able to get very far without the help of government agents/provocateurs.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Crazy, just crazy. I have a feeling we're getting really close to the war with Iran. There's never been another story like this to my recollection. There's no turning back now, I can unfortunately only see things getting worse for American/Iran relations which is a shame when there was once so much promise. How's Iran going to respond to this? Will they try again? Mexico apparently helped tip the U.S. off on the plan, so I doubt that Iran is going to ask for their help again.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Iran doesn't have the money? Give me a break! Iran has the money and the crazies to proceed with this kind of aggression. They know they cannot beat us militarily, so they would use there psychologically impaired idiots to attack the US, Israel and Saudi Arabia. They are playing with fire, death and destruction!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
as 2012 approaches, we will hear, and see more news like this. abcnews.go.com...
The real issues are: when will the next one go undetected, and where will it be?

So far we the USA have been lucky, if TPTB where behind this, i do not think it would be a near miss but a direct hit, unless they what us to say "we must invade teach them Iran a lesson". After 10 years of war we are sick of it maybe in the 20 years we will.

+39 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This sounds too much like a precursor to active strikes inside the Iranian border. I do not like where this may lead. I am very skeptical that any of this information coming out is in fact true. The US and Israel have been looking for ways to take out the Iranian uranium enrichment process for some time, and this just might be the window they use for justification.
Lets all hope that this plays out diplomatically, and not irrationally.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Is this for real or just a set up for the next False Flag?

This term gets thrown around so much on these forums. It's obnoxious.

There are plenty of powers out there that would love to do our nation (or our relations with certain nations) harm. Though, I suppose, you could say this was a form of "False Flag" - the Iranians wanted to pull some strings and get an attempt made on the ambassador's life (likely with Mexican or American citizens) - which would have put strain on our relations.

I wouldn't exactly call this a terror plot, however.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I refuse to read or watch anything from ABC
Why would I believe the News from Disney, a Cartoon/Fantasy corporation.
So in my mind its a lie just because of the source,
ABC is right up there with Sorcha Fail!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Be advised, Iran has the ability to retaliate inside the USA, if there is any overt military attacks on Iran.

This isn't the act of war you were looking for, there is still work to be done.

link   
The tragedy of the world we have created is that for a lot of us -- this kind of news raises more flags about who's reporting it, and the "truthiness" of the message contained, then it does about the actual (supposed) "plot" in the first place.

link   
kinda intersting timing. Just one day after this article by cracked.com got some pretty good run on the web,
6 B.S. Myths You Probably Believe About America's 'Enemies'
link

Also, Ron Paul has been doing pretty well as of late, and an event like this could help dwindle support for his ideas on foreign policy. It will be interesting to see what details come out.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Eric Holder talking about it Live on CNN right now. Tune in.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Iran doesn't have the money to do such an operation.

What?

Iran doesn't have the money?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
watching this now and looks like some more drones will be made airborne

considering the sheer number of deflections going on that the moment

if this is true it will not go unchalleneged. looks like to borrow a friends saying "looks like the potus is going to be killing some more brown people".
edit on 11-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The USA is being drawn into this, and the true source, isn't Iran.

Final warning!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
I refuse to read or watch anything from ABC
Why would I believe the News from Disney, a Cartoon/Fantasy corporation.
So in my mind its a lie just because of the source,
ABC is right up there with Sorcha Fail!

This story is totally unbelievable.. from people with zero credibility. I'll believe it when they prove it in court.

But.. if obmao can assassinate people on foreign soil, other nations so called leaders can too. Following Americas example dont ya know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join