It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Yeah I certainly get what you’re saying. No doubt tensions between those two countries are at an all time high, especially with the Arab Spring. Saudi Arabia wants to keep the status quo and Iran is used to turmoil in the region and simply don’t care what their peoples wish. I just have a hard time thinking Iran can afford the costs of war with both SA and USA. I guess it all really just comes down to who wants to rule the region and right now, IF this is the real deal, Iran is working hard to get a leg up. Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I also find interesting the fact Iran was making statements abouts its Navy parkingoff our East Coast..... With the current situation and sentiment I believe if this is tried the war is on - in fact any naval movement by the Iranians at this point will be a corral building mission

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
well well well......

a commercial to donate money to israel just came on with pictures of suffering israelis and a menacing picture of ahmadinejad. another terrific coincidence perhaps??

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

i have to clarify my position irans goverment needs changed but not at the expense of any american life

weve done enough time for others to step up

We already changed Iran's government by overthrowing the elected government and installing the shah, in 1953! The CIA has been all over Iran for over half a century, so it should be no surprise if we have the ability to tell the Iranian's to this day, hey, try and bomb some embassies in Washington.

The US has done this kind of stuff for centuries. It's standard operating procedure; why would anyone be surprised they do it to this day????
edit on 11-10-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

Iran is implicated in this plot, but in my opinion had NOTHING to do with it, and why this is coming out now, in this way all seems rather contrived.

Iran had nothing to gain from these attacks, and EVERYTHING to lose, you're right they aren't that stupid.

There are greater enemies of the USA determined to draw the USA into more wars in the ME.

I've been saying these things for months now...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Christ, typical ATS. You guys really believe your own hype, dont you? You are the only ones who know how the world REALLY works. In the world according to ATS, every country other than the US and Israel would live in a peaceful coexistance with all other nations. No one spies on eachother, no one plans or carries out attacks.

The US is responsible for every bomb, every terrorist, and the CIA is the source of every plot.

The only time when it isnt the US, is when it is Israel.

Somehow, it has become impossible for a country that is openly hostile to the US to plan or execute an attack.

link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Eric Holder (and the Obama administration) is on the verge of losing his job over blatantly lying about Fast and Furious, and a day later, they foil an Iranian terror plot.

AHHH HA AHHH HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAO. They really think the US public is that stupid!

What I find funny is that you believe you somehow not.

Of course - I'm the one making that observation, so it's hardly fair to any merely average human.

Criticism over "fast and furious" has been ongoing for the past month or longer. It's nothing new, and it's not going to suddenly end.

As others have pointed out - this is also not the first time a terror plot has been foiled.

link   
Iran's president has responded. He calls it a fabrication and utter nonsense.

Just saw this on CNN's ticker.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Jordan River

Iran doesn't have the money to do such an operation.

What?

Iran doesn't have the money?

Apparently they missed that Iran is sitting on an ocean of petroleum. Shhhh. Don't spoil it for them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Iran's President has responded:

Anyone else think this seems kinda fishy?
edit on 11-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Well, I would like to see ALL the evidence..

Iran DOES not like us and has vowed to kill us..

False flag? Stop with the conspiracy crap now,
peoples lives are at stake, lets be happy whatever
the plan was and wherever it came from was averted.

This is a big story, do you know how impossible it would be
to make this all up? You can't make this stuff up folks
this is real life.

I am not aware of Iran "vowing to kill us", do you have anything to back that statement up or did you get that from FOX News?

I call BS on this whole story. I want to see the evidence as well. Your saying people's lives are at stake, but I am not convinced of this. It is amusing to me how FOX News had all the usual suspects on to discuss this story and they all said the same thing, "This could be interpreted as an act of war".

Isn't that convenient? The US Government has been looking for a reason to involve itself in Iran militarily for close to a decade now, thus far everything they have tried has either been proven false or turned out to not be such a big deal as originally thought. Even CNN right this second is acknowledging this fact.

Even the story makes no sense. Some guy from some other country conspired with Drug Cartels from other countries to kill the Saudi Ambassador on US soil. Really?? As far as I know the only real conspiring that has taken place with drug cartels has come from the US Government during operation fast and furious.

It is my opinion this is just a distraction. With this breaking story Holder looks like a hero since his department "thwarted" this "attack" which helps absolve him from his illegal acts during Operation Fast and Furious. Also this automatically becomes the top story on every news network, which means all the protest taking place across this country right now can start to be buried and placed out of the public eye.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
lol

US/CIA is trying to blame IRAN even for recent SOLAR FLARE issues

how low can 'we' go? in other news..

ps why are there 3-4 identical threads on this?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm sure there are plenty of nations who fill the same way about our government, and we would happily fight them tooth and nail if they tried anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Christ, typical ATS. You guys really believe your own hype, dont you? You are the only ones who know how the world REALLY works. In the world according to ATS, every country other than the US and Israel would live in a peaceful coexistance with all other nations. No one spies on eachother, no one plans or carries out attacks.

The US is responsible for every bomb, every terrorist, and the CIA is the source of every plot.

The only time when it isnt the US, is when it is Israel.

Somehow, it has become impossible for a country that is openly hostile to the US to plan or execute an attack.

They believe the myth of their own superiority SOOOOOOOO much that the idea that there are other actors that can do anything is just too impossible for them.

The USA is all powerful, omnipotent, all-knowing. Not a baby is born without its secret pyramidal eye on it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Interestingly, this may be the “behind the scenes” result of the Saudi king constantly urging the US to take out Iran's "WMD's" prior to a strike by Israel or other country in the region who lives in fear of Iran. The US Ambassador for SA spoke often of the King’s reqseut to the US to put an end to the weapons program and went so far as to say “cut the head off the snake.” In other words, the US is making Saudi happy by “capturing” these two and making headline news of it – if ofcourse that is indeed the case. At any rate, there's something here that just doesn't jell for me.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Quite simply, Iran is no threat at all to the USA. It is however, a big hindrance to Israel as it arms the Hezbollah militia protecting Lebanese land. Israel wants the US and anyone else willing or bribed to go beat up Iran for them.
Not to mention the bankers who will fund yet another war, putting the taxpayers on the hook for the additional debt, and the arms manufacturers who will make all the necessary bombs and other weapons to be used - with their big shareholders on wall street. There's a killing to be made... quite literally!

Iran is also another hold-out to the big banking cartel and corporations. They are itching to get the resources and set up another controlled central bank, putting the people of yet another country into debt for the rest of their lives, as they have just done in Libya too.

As a bonus, it also takes the heat off the woes of the government and the ongoing and expanding protest reporting.

So, unfortunately, a conflict with Iran is inevitable at some point as long as the people behind all the previous wars and financial troubles are still calling the shots. We mere mortals just get to pay for it all and die, either in manufactured terrorist plots or on battlefields thousands of miles away from home. Aint nothing new in that though!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Fishy doesn't describe what I'm smelling here.

Iran had no direct role in this, loose implication at best, circumstantial evidence at the most... The plot was disrupted and the predictable feds went after their (intended) prime suspect... Without considering the true enemy.

This should have been kept classified for enough time to consider, and investigate all potential possibilities.. Perfect example of the flawed system we have, and why so often the wrong people are convicted of crimes here.

Why should anyone bother providing tips to these people?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The entire speech at the press release was pure fabrication
Anyone noted .. they were all afraid of the center mic .. hoping not to get a question to lie more
The Attorney General Eric Holder (guy with the mustache) seemed quite nervous
showed many body signs of nervosity
When he finally got off he quickly went far from the mic

He even made a little smilled at the left corner of the camera.. looked like it was funny (suspicious)
when the newyork seemed to be nervously annoyed by the questions
and didnt want to answer another damn question ..
but Eric Holder looked at him saying .. go your turn again

and then smilled .. BUT I NOTICED IT the sense of it

This is very serious false accusation
Iran would gain what in doing this to someone who already want to airstrike them

THIS IS NON SENSE

Question : .. Obama doing a speech almost at the same time ..
The "dog" didnt bark this time ? (reference to Bush in the elementary school not reacting a bit of surprice)
There is a patern here .. 9/11 morning .. Bush in the elementary school
Obama doing a speech somewhere

Coincidences again ? NO

Syria and Iran will probably get attacked because of this news
just when Powell and compagnie was making excuses for the Irak war

They are officialy warcriminals because those lie will kill millions of lifes
and thats why they were all nervous including Dir Mulder
who never answered a question after his little speech .. was in his corner not moving at all

They know that putting the statement from the spokeperson of Iran saying
THIS IS A FABRICATION
will not change a thing .. they cant return on this release
the train has started the brakes were saboted it is now unstopable
edit on 10/11/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

So let me get this straight. If you go to Mexico to contract a hit, you are really talking to US DEA. That's odd.

If Mexican Drug Cartel hit men are US DEA, then maybe Iranian-American 'terrorists' are US CIA paid. see: US funds terror groups to sow chaos in Iran and Is the U.S. Still Funding Iranian Jundallah?

Didn't Saudi Arabia indicate that US Veto of Palestinian statehood bid could jeopardize US/Saudi relations? see: Veto a State, Lose an Ally. What better way to make a firm three-way alliance between Israel-US-Saudi Arabia then for an Iranian plot to blow up Israel and Saudi embassies on US soil? Convenient!

How do we know if anything claimed by US officials is real or not? If it were real, wouldn't we hear about it first when it was going to trial, after jury selection was done? Why announce it now?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Always knew Obama wanted Iran. Hes worse than Bush.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join