It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar: The Heart of the World.. Are "Godmen" among us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Awesome testimony friend, or I should say brother. We all have this angel. The trick, my mother used to say, was to focus on always reflecting this back to people, while oompletely ignoring their demon, until they came to see in the reflection, that they were really nothing but angel all along. She was very wise, my good mother Kay, who's spirit lives on, even now, in me and though me. She's a living saint. She was very courageous, both in life and in dying, but interestingly, she didn't start out like that. At 39 it occured to her that she had a LOT of problems, and so she committed herself to therapy, for the rest of her life, becoming first a mental health nurse and then a marriage and family therapist, orgained minister and spiritual director. I saw them come, her "clients" to our house, and indeed they came in with demons, but ultimately concluded therapy as angels, walking tall with the very stature of Christ. What a luck guy I was to have had some an influence in my life. I love you mom.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Electricity. Gift of my body, divine. Voltage. Current. The fire of heaven.

Look here, I've saved it all. Fertile. It shall transform the dry land of Africa into the perfumed orchards of paradise and men will worship me anew.

Eternity exists from the Lady and the Lord,
The Masculine and the Feminine dwell within all souls.
The union of the two form the existing whole.

For two are the Pillars of the Cosmos,
Two are the balance of Truth,
Two are the powers of Nature,
And two are the flesh of existence.

For I am Zeus Arrhenothelus, God of electric retribution. Part man, part woman. I give, so that thou shouldst give.

Eat. Drink. This is my body this is my blood.

Has any one supposed it lucky to be born?
I hasten to inform him or her it is just as lucky to die, and I know it.

I am not an earth nor an adjunct of an earth,
I am the mate and companion of people, all just as immortal and
fathomless as myself,
(They do not know how immortal, but I know.)

Very good! It therefore may be time to change your avatar...?

Just sayin.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Your ‘loving heart of the world’ was a Jim Reeves fan.

Every day Baba listened to the songs of Jim Reeves, especially "Diamond in the Sky" and "There's a Heartache Following Me." Baba said there was great "dard" (pathos) in Jim Reeves' voice, and these songs helped to relieve the strain of His work. Source

Surely God would have slightly better taste in music?

That's hilarious!

Thanks for posting that.

Cute.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Are there Godmen among us? I would say yes. Though their awareness of that could be in question. The Jews call it Tzadik

I'd tell you that story but then I'd have to kill you.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think "their" (the Godmen) argument, or fundamental premise is this.

What really motivates and inspires us, what satisfies the human heart fully and completely, in the space of nothing that is everything already always.

What is left, when every "thing" is taken away, and can a new creation be generated or founded upon this realization for the human being as to his true identity, being and becoming a reflection of the first father and the true Lord of Love who originally inspired this in the first place, and who is pleased already to share his eternal kingdom of light and love with all his children. In truth we stand, as self realized beings in the "holy of holies", and there God calls us his own and makes his home with us, as the living spirit of truth and love as the simplicity on the far side of complexity. Because it works out the "kink" or the flawZ, right across the entire breadth of all being and becoming, as a first/last cause, it's not only generative or evolutionary, as a first principal of spiritual and psychological growth and well being, but best of all, fun, and joyful, even humorous, and fearless, and therefore very powerful in the face of "evil", which must flee from it's presence wherever it moves, and by it's very nature, it's the only thing that really moves us in the first place! That's the beauty of it all, that it contains imbedded within itself, as uncondtional love and acceptance, and forgiveness, the hand that pulls us from the pit of ignorance and wipes the tears from our eyes. It's a type of alchemical fulcrum for the soul. I think that Baba might be proud of my mystical evolutionary Christian understanding, and would agree with me about this, or he'd point out that his approval is not required, since God is already God no matter what anyone thinks of him!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

Are there Godmen among us? I would say yes. Though their awareness of that could be in question. The Jews call it Tzadik

I'd tell you that story but then I'd have to kill you.

Please do tell if you would. And if at the end it kills me, then I will surely be resurrected again.

If you wish to summarize it, frame it in the firm of the joke of all ages, I dare you.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

"Life is a Mighty Joke. He who knows this can hardly be understood by others. He who does not know it finds himself in a state of delusion. He may ponder over this problem day and night, but will find himself incapable of knowing it. Why? People take life seriously, and God lightly; whereas we must take God seriously, and take life lightly. Then, we know that we always were the same and will ever remain the same.......the Originator of this joke. This knowledge is not acheived by reasoning.
But it is the knowledge of experience."

~ Meher Baba

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

Each person requires a guide ('guru') to know the truth.

If you believe Meher Baba is telling you the truth, he is your 'guru'.

God has no reason to either take birth, or send a messenger to earth. God is very much capable of giving knowledge directly to any person he chooses, without any intermediary.

Only souls take birth on Earth. Enlightenment is removal of illusion from the soul, that allows a soul to see reality as it exists.

Please visit my thread "Vedic civilization..." which contains a lot of material on Vedic thought.

I don't believe I require any Guru. You just stated we don't need a mediator, but think we need a Guru? Do you know what 'Everything is an illusion means'? You make the statement, but do you honestly know what it means?
I don't read anything now.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

God cannot be explained. He cannot be argued about. He cannot be theorized, nor can He be discussed and understood. God can only be lived.

To understand the infinite, eternal Reality is not the GOAL of individualized beings in the illusion of Creation, because the Reality can never be understood; it is to be realized by conscious experience.

Therefore, the GOAL is to realize the Reality and attain the “I am [child of] God” state in human form.”
~ Meher Baba, from the book “God Speaks”

([child of] added by me to correct small error since man is a created being and we remain forever in an eternal I-thou relationship with the unfathomable mystery of the Absolute Godhead as the transcendant reality of an internal reflection or spiritual experience of infinite intelligence and infinite love)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
To draw a strong and powerful (if not humorous) distinction, with the mass media driven culture and societal matrix of lies and delusions we are told to inhabit, I would like to ask you to watch this Youtube video which I call "The Tube" (how ironic). It's a must see for sure.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

And do you think there are any "Godmen" among us?

If you are asking that question,
then you dont know of any.
There are none in the USA.

In fact it would be hard to find
someone who has a perfectly open
4 th chakra (heart).

It would be nearly impossible to find
someone with an open 5th chakra.
(yogic powers) . Maybe Sai Baba?

All the work these masters have done
with their disciples,and their disciples failure
to reach enlightenment, is proof that what
they are cannot be duplicated by any
path or effort.

People may have
all kinds of spiritual experiences but in the end
they dont amount to much or even any real
change. NDE seem to create this illusion
of some heaven that almost everybody is
destined for. Some people have NDE of
a hell so is that real too? Or does the one
cancel out the other?

Some people just dont really like their Ego and
for them spiritual life is natural. It gives one a sense of
detachment and some power over non detached people.
It can be a useful tool of the politician.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Ah but in every one of us, is the most lovable self imaginable, so if we like that part, then we're in good shape and well on our way, surely.

Infinite intelligence and infinite love go hand in hand. In what way is that inaccessible, to anyone?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So if instead of taking life seriously, and God lightly, we take God (as the whole of real reality) seriously, and life lightly, then life becomes a mighty joke, all our sorrows and sufferings, and the indignities of injustice, are no longer of any consequence, by comparison. Some of them might even operate, henceforth as a source of great humor..

It's the humor of understanding referred to by this guy.

It's all about what we are generating, emotionally, from the heart, moment by moment. My point or "argument" is that nothing else motivates anyway, there being nothing else going on of any consequence or importance than this first love in the space of absolute freedom (unconditioned ground of all being and becoming). Once we grok this, we are immediately drawn into a new domain of liberation, and authenticity, to freely express love, since absolute freedom it's it's own condition, as well as our own.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just looking at Meister Baba i could sense the love in him. He has emptied himSelf, & put God in its place.

The 2nd video with his words & the music sound, my heart began to sing. He is the humbling real deal. God/Krishna/Buddha/Creator is everywhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
Just looking at Meister Baba i could sense the love in him. He has emptied himSelf, & put God in its place.

The 2nd video with his words & the music sound, my heart began to sing. He is the humbling real deal. God/Krishna/Buddha/Creator is everywhere.

Yep. My sentiment also, and I don't make these kinds of evaluations and pronouncements lightly.

We must remember, at the same time, the first principal by which these guys function, which in the final analysis is the only reasonable position to take, and, here's the kicker, it's not and cannot be, an imposition uopn the mind of man!

The only reasonable thing, is unreasonably reasonable!

Everything ELSE is utterly absurd.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ha! He made the cover of "Rolling Stone Magazine". Therefore he must have been, at the very least, a rock star.

If you are intrerested in Meher Baba, this would be the film to watch, it's very well done. And it contains some pretty extraordinary information, imho.

edit on 10-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It's like looking at Jesus. Interesting.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
And finally, the reason for his refusal to speak vocally, and remaining silent for the remainder of his life.

"I have come not to teach but to awaken. Understand therefore that I lay down no precepts. Throughout eternity I have laid down principles and precepts, but mankind has ignored them. Man's inability to live God's words makes the Avatar's teaching a mockery. Instead of practicing the compassion he taught, man has waged crusades in his name. Instead of living the humility, purity and truth of his words, man has given way to hatred, greed and violence. Because man has been deaf to the principles and precepts laid down by God in the past, in this present avataric form I observe Silence."

Edit, to add: Jesus said, at his last supper "I have only one commandment. Love one another as I have loved you."

But it's nice to see someone honoring the integrity of what Jesus attempted to teach humanity, by being silent, in a type of silent protest.

What was it Jesus used to say all the time, at the end of something of special significance? "All those with ears to hear, let them hear."

Deaf to his words indeed we were, how sad.

edit on 10-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

This is really good, imho, well worth watching (sorry again for those who can't watch youtube videos or who don't like people who ask them to)

Someone asked me to relay why I think that Meher Baba is the actual Avatar of the Age, and so therefore I bump these videos for your grokking.

If there is anyone who cannot see the videos, and who needs further explanation, just ask and I'll do my best to answer from my own understanding and experience and awareness.

For all seekers, those two videos are a MUST SEE (I mean it, trust me).

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

"When the student is ready, the mentor will appear." -proverb

These teachers do not seek crowds, as Meister Baba stated. This, to me, shows their genuity. The wise sages that roam the earth offering insight are quite humble. these qualities show me their validity. More, most people are overcome with love when in a genuine teachers presence (speaking from personal experience).

Good find new age man. Christian Mystic... I like that :]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join