It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar: The Heart of the World.. Are "Godmen" among us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
reply to post by apushforenlightment

I do not ask people to watch youtube, and do not like being asked as well.

You believe you are 'enlightened'. I shall not argue with that.

Any person who is seeking 'truth' is good for humanity.

I am only pointing out the self-styled 'godman' who claim to be messengers of God.

Please share your experiences with me. I shall read what you say with interest.

It's your choice to not look at youtube. Unfortunatly I cannot write a post especially for you since I did not know that you where going to read if and don't want to be asked not to go to youtube.

Thank you for not argueing about my enlightment. From one point I see it as being in the light of god. I had a meeting with a crazy person who told me at my weakest that Mana would come from heaven and I did not belive him. 4 days later after a lot of thinking and reading a new age book I had a moment where everything made sense and the last thought was that All is One. After that experiance I heard 3 knocks in my head. After that I became happier and happier and I could feel something touching me on the top of my head. This continued and inreased as I thought nice thought for my fellow man/woman. Now I know it was an opening of a crown chakra and I have after that opened the other 6 thru meditation.

From my point of view we are all a bit crazy since we live on this crazy world
. I see you all as a part of a larger conciousness the All that I am part of (as all souls are). You can call it higher self god or the big mushroom. Labeling don't matter. Sometimes I think it might be that god has chosen who is to be born at this time and that he is sending souls that are already on a higher lever of understanding or in the later stages of understanding this level of conciousness. We are all evolving at our own pace and sometimes it goes backwards and sometimes it goes forward. But I belive the whole world is evolving also towards something. I will not stop evolving as long as i am here since not changing is an illusion.

I can sometime feel the cranky as many more people around me also are. I have a hard time not responding to when other people want conflict that I should not do. Im trying to figure out why people feel so much stress right know and need for change all over the world. The thing I noticed is that I percieve time to be faster and I am not the only one. Their seem to be a pattern of change going on and where it ends I don't know. Im trying to figure it out as everybody else. I choose to read different things and see if they fit to the reality i choose to have. But only because I belive them don't make em true.

If you don't like my ranting and it do not fit for you then it is not for you. I accept that all souls here have their own way they should be walking and I have no idea where you are going
. I sometimes have a problem loving everybody because I have a hard time accepting their choices. But at least I can love their potential to become more harmonous with each other. It is not for me to judge them. Karma will sort that out. I feel bad at the current state of the world but very good at our potential. If everything fails Don't worry, be happy. For those who do like youtube: www.youtube.com...

Namaste

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

The Ubermensch concept is not possible.

God cannot be negated. As I have argued on other threads, the critical fact is ageing and death, which proves existence of God.

A race becomes prominent sometimes due to a host of factors. But a sharp rise is often accompanied with a sharp fall. It is not possible for a race to stay prosperous and strong for long without purity of soul achieved by following God's laws.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I do not like referring to youtube, as my experience with videos posted has been quite bad - bordering on horrible.

Videos take a lot of time to download, tieing up my internet connection, only to find out later that the video is garbage.

This is a discussion forum. A discussion means I want to know your POV. Being an open platform, neither you nor me chose the participants of the discussion. We are all here to learn something, and to tell something.

You are trying to seek truth, and find peace in your own way. That is fine with me.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

My objective is to offer an alternative perspective to current way of thinking.

I am sure at least some would find it useful what I have to say.

Even you may find it useful after some time if not today.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Meher Baba taught that there are seven planes of consciousness.

This has now been mathematical proved to be encoded in the sacred geometries of the Otz Chiim (Kabbalistic Tree of Life), the Tantric Sri Yantra and the five Platonic solids, as well as in their polyhedral counterpart - the disdyakis triacontahedron. For the proof, study the pioneering research at
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
and elsewhere in the "Maps of reality" section of this website.

This universal map has been shown to embody the group mathematics of superstring theory. For example, the root composition of the heterotic superstring group E8xE8 has its counterpart in the geometrical composition of the five Platonic solids:
smphillips.8m.com...
It is recommended that you first study the introductory material in the main sections of the website before getting to grips with the more challenging research articles.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

How did he teach when he does not speak. Did he write a book?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

It is a shame you can't watch the videos, they are very good, also you would see him using sign language.
Also he says he does not teach, he is sharing a message.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

OK. Got it now. You guys can understand what he says by sign language, or there is an interpreter?

There is a lot of stuff on chakras etc. being a part of Buddhist thought. Some godman in India also preach this stuff.

I hope you guys really get the wisdom from Baba. Peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
reply to post by NewAgeMan

What about Osiris? Please don't forget about him. He was very similar to Jesus and predates him.
edit on 10/8/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

There are stories written by Greek writers who say that Osiris led a group of chosen people out of Ethiopia, as a colony to start the Ancient Egyptian civilization. Maybe Osiris was actually a real person who achieved Godhood. Similar to Imhotep who achieved that same divine status.
edit on 10/8/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

Yes, it is rather curious indeed how history seems to repeat itself, as many a wise man over the ages have taken notice.

However, you seem to have left out any information as to the "teachings" of this Osiris. I would be very interested to learn more of this proposed "godman" and his beliefs, following, etc.

Nevertheless, I thank you for bringing this to my attention as I am always looking to expand my knowledge. It would be interesting if his teachings matched those of Christ. It seems that certain individuals over the span of time are endowed with the great knowledge of treating your fellow man with respect and compassion. The question is: How good of a job has humanity done of embracing these teachings? I wonder who the next great teacher will be...

Thank you once again, I will be looking eagerly into the teachings of Osiris with a great interest, as that is what truly counts, imo, when speaking of historical figures, the teachings and what kind of example they made for the rest of humankind.

Not to detract from the similarities you noticed, as historical trivia is interesting in its own way and it does have its place in the realm of historical curiosities. In fact, there are many such syncronicities among U.S. Presidents that you may be interested in studying if that is your forte. I do, however, believe the focus of this thread is about the actual teachings and beliefs of figures throughout history who seem to have left an indelible mark upon the psyche, evolution, etc., of mankind. Your contribution, however trivial it may be, is still appreciated, though it would be appreciated even more if you could add something to the effect of the teachings, beliefs, etc., of Osiris. While I personaly do not recall hearing anything of "the great teachings of Osiris" or anything like that, perhaps such a thing exists, and I for one would be greatly interested in adding such an ancient source of wisdom to my knowledge. Thanks in advance!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I dont connect with this idea of "avatars"...

I think all men and women have the potential to connect with God and become a 'chariot' of his presence, but i just dont see the purpose in worshipping the particular men or women who reach this state.

I worship God and God alone, and it is more than i will ever need. I dont have a problem recognizing Gods wisdom in others; in Jesus, Krishna, or Buddah, but i refuse, as a matter of principle, to subject myself to a man.

God is available to anyone who seeks him and a physical man as an intemediary is not necessary. I know this because i live such a life. I am connected to the spirit of God and i invoke his presence with every prayer and every earnest and sincere supplication. I only want him and not some man who says hes an 'avatar'.

In this sense, i think the Hindus, Buddhists, Christians etc are wrong in worshipping the incarnation of what they believe to be Gods presence. Whether that be "vishnu" or w/e else. God can be sought without the aid of intermediaries.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I dont think anyone can claim anyone else acheives divine status just because the people proclaimed it so. What evidence for their divine godliness can you offer? I love egyptian lore, but i guess to me they have always represented an imaginative and colourful mythology. Maybe i should start digging around to see if there is any reason to think there was truth to any of the divine stuff..

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I enjoyed your words.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are gods among us. Not only that, but we all have that potential. We all have a higher self. I would best describe it as an emotional body. Our emotional body is what we really are, but we don't perceive its intensity. The physical bodies we have and this physical universe gets less physical when the emotional body becomes more intense. When you feel the intensity of your emotional body, you know you are connected to what you can only describe as God. You call it god because that's the only word you have available to associate with such a profound self-realization.

I know most people require a physical explanation for such things and for any component of this life, especially on a forum such as this one. I agree that any transcendental experience has a physical explanation, but what most skeptics don't realize is that physicality is amazingly profound enough to contain such experiences. Our existence is a testament to the wonder that is waiting in potential. If you had an open mind to the truth of your self, you could open a door into a higher vibration of existence. Vibration? Particles disappear and reappear. A higher vibrational plane is one that would allow for particles to exist that can maintain higher higher rates of disappearing and reappearing (just speculation).

Last night, I was looking at my beautiful girlfriend, and (while in contact with my higher vibrational emotional body) I saw that she was so beautiful that I had no other available word in my brain that could describe her beauty other than the word "angel". Without saying a word, we were looking at each other and I was silently observing the angel within her. As I was staring at her, neither of us saying a word, she said, "wow". I knew exactly how she felt and I knew she was seeing the angel within me as well at the same time I was seeing it in her. I said, "what is it", she said, "your face changed". I said, "into what? an angel?". I saw the wonder in her eyes and I know she saw the wonder in my eyes as she said "YES".

You can be skeptical about that all you want, and you might deny the significance of that event, but to us, it was real. In that moment, we were connected in a state of heavenly existence. We were connected on an emotional level, and by the intensity of that connection it is with absolute conviction, that I tell you that love and emotions in general are highly taken for granted, and highly underrated by the skeptical society. There's something that exists in this physical universe that is truly indescribable, and I am an intelligent man with a lot of words that I could associate to most experiences, but there are some that are indescribable, and because they are indescribable, that leads me to believe that there is more to this universe than conventional physical existence. The truth is in emotion.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
GODMEN..... GODMAN....
A more correct name in ancient AbraYA would not be god which is same as elohim and is a word that is plural tense only as it means several entities or deities and not singular for The AbbAH or Father or Creator. God in large g or small g is still the same as is elohim. That being said the more correct name is not Godmen but rather YAHman or YAHmen.

Names are a fascinating discussion really. They mean everything and yet to most they mean really nothing. This is part of what the erosion of everything is partly based on.

Here is a for instance:
Lord is what many call our Savior... Yet our Savior is also called a King... In fact King of YAsarel was what was put upon the title when He was executed on the Wood. Lords reign UNDER the King.... ALWAYS.... So why is a Lord considered our Savior when He was clearly Declared as THE KING? This is to fit into the Baal Zeus Worship or Lord JeSus worship... You may not be able to accept this but in this restoration time that has now begun you will now begin to peel the layers of the onion one by one.... It is the appointed time for this... Lord means Baal... Just research the root of it! Jesus or in many Netherland languages even today it is spelled JeZus from the word IeSus or IeZus. Ie means SON OF and Sus or Zus is from Zeus. Constantine created this name in honor of his sun god zeus....

Websters dictionary declares that J is only 500 years old so prior to that it was I. So we now barely begin to understand how all religions deceive the world as to our Saviors real name... In like manner GOD is just a misused title but many mean YAH... As in aHleleuWYaH which means Praise be to YAH or YAHUWAH but specifically NOT god or GOD if you like but YAH and only YAH. In Enlish the Y is also used for J as in JAH... Some have taken the A and made it E for JEH as in JEHovah or IeHovah as it was utilized 500 plus years ago. Hovah means mischief and ruin under strongs concordance #1943, so the understanding was Son of Ruin... Yes if you believe the twisted bibles we have today that were twisted by the scribes that our Savior Condemned for doing so than you would believe our Father is Ruin and Mischief because of the way in which these 66book bibles or 66evils or 66Stigmas or 666 of today has changed and perverted the TRUTH... They say, Stone Adulterers... AbraHam was asked by GOD to kill his son (Molech Worship)... Have slaves... Rape a slave girl... On and on and one... ALL FALSE AND THERE WILL BE AN ACCOUNTING OF THIS DECEPTION UPON THIS WORLD!!!

Some say His name is YAHWEH... Well it def. Is Not YAHWEH because YAHWEH is a pagan elohim or god name. YAHUWAH is the correct spelling... "A" always proceeded the H and that is also how you know yahweh is wrong because at the very least if truth was told it would be yahwah and not weh or if you are consistent with e before h it would be yehweh. However u is a vowel-consonant that proceeds W. "W" actually means DOUBLE U or UU. Yet in latin u became v so double uU or VV or W and looks like it too does it not. Yes uU or more correctly uW which is why we spell YaH uW aH with the uW and not UU or else it would be YaHuUaH... Pretty much the same thing in sound yet for english YHWH or YaHuWaH is correct.

Make no mistake... There is intense POWER in THE NAME.... Demons may truly be cast out in this true NAME... Healings of sickness may be done by His people also in His Great name and I have personally been blessed in healings. Yes the Faith one has in our Savior comes across even if you previously used a name like Jesus or Jehovah that was false yet because of your Faith you have been made strong in HIM but all this being said make no mistake that TODAY is the DAY that you have learned the truth of THE NAME....

P.S. Our savior was called specifically YAHUW while on earth and upon ascension was the aH added to Him as He began to reign as The Right Hand of our Father YAHUWAH... Our Savior is now YAHUWAH also as scripture says "He was given the Name above ALL OTHER NAMES"... This means that it is true that His earthly Name of YAHUW was not THE NAME but he was given The Name later as per scripture. Since there is only One name above all others we know for a fact that His Name is YHWH or YaHuWaH....

Be blessed greatly in this knowledge! There is much more and can easily be looked up....

But I digress...

Yes YAHMEN... I can VERY safely promise you that YAHMEN exist in this very day....

Blessings in your journey... Step up your pace however if you would be considered one...
edit on 10/9/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
I dont connect with this idea of "avatars"...

I think all men and women have the potential to connect with God and become a 'chariot' of his presence, but i just dont see the purpose in worshipping the particular men or women who reach this state.

I worship God and God alone, and it is more than i will ever need. I dont have a problem recognizing Gods wisdom in others; in Jesus, Krishna, or Buddah, but i refuse, as a matter of principle, to subject myself to a man.

God is available to anyone who seeks him and a physical man as an intemediary is not necessary. I know this because i live such a life. I am connected to the spirit of God and i invoke his presence with every prayer and every earnest and sincere supplication. I only want him and not some man who says hes an 'avatar'.

In this sense, i think the Hindus, Buddhists, Christians etc are wrong in worshipping the incarnation of what they believe to be Gods presence. Whether that be "vishnu" or w/e else. God can be sought without the aid of intermediaries.

I agree with you totaly. I for one belive that no soul is higher valued or lower valued than another. I have a dilema in writing my next sentence. I don't wanna be worshiped by anyone except a mutual worship of each other in a loving relationship with a lifepartner. What I mean is that I don't wanna be religously worshiped by anybody because I knew more than another in some things. I'll gladly tell my story but if it don't help you it won't. Religously worship is to me bad for the ego of the one worshiped. Mutual respect or love in the platonic sense for the other person is ok but should go both ways. You probably have a better idee of what you need for yourself than me. I only know my awakeening. How should I know how yours is gonna be? By the way did not buddha say something like that you should not value the message by who the someone is who is telling the message but what the message is. I remeber reading it in a buddistic bible but I don't know the wording only the message struck a cord in me. Well if buddha did not say it then im saying it now

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I dont think anyone can claim anyone else acheives divine status just because the people proclaimed it so. What evidence for their divine godliness can you offer? I love egyptian lore, but i guess to me they have always represented an imaginative and colourful mythology. Maybe i should start digging around to see if there is any reason to think there was truth to any of the divine stuff..

Yeep that is the dilema. What I would not give for a machine that lets you experiance the pulsating energy thru my body. That would have given you a proof that there is something different with me but we can always say im geneticly different
. You just have to look around and see if you can find something.Good luck in your hunt. Namaste

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

That must have been wonderful. I feel so happy for you. Namaste.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

My objective is to offer an alternative perspective to current way of thinking.

I am sure at least some would find it useful what I have to say.

Even you may find it useful after some time if not today.

I've heard that by one tradition, it is believed that there are ALWAYS at least FIVE at any given time, living. I sure hope so, because these days, we can certainly use as many Godmen as is humanly possible!

The reason I started writing in this thread is that I was a little cranky about the 5 godmen people that today can help the world be enlightened when the whole world seem to be filled with enlightened souls or souls that are waking up. If we are waking up for the first time or we have come from some other place don't really matter does it. We are here doing what we feel is right and are trying to help our fellow man (at least I am
). We don't really need a new Jesus or Buddha or any leader really. The message is already out and there is a lot of teachers that tell their stories that can help if it fits. You are yourself the salvation you have been looking for and you can figure it out yourself. It just takes effort and time. One step at a time.

Vedatruth I think you and I are writing to each other and really not connecting in the right way. I agree with most of what you say in your posts and I will look at your other thread. Always nice to get into someone elses head to check out their reality. If it fits it might change my reality.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
Smoke?
This is a very good example of why it will take many to reach all....
There are two here who seem to feel that in order to be of any value to mankind in this way then one must be perfect. I had a very hard time with strict religious interpretation of christ's life, for the very same reason, the assertion that these small details were what made his life ”perfect," and the strictest literal jnterpretation of what that perfection should mean., when really, it was the example of loving when confronted with hate and judgment. But I hasten to say that in identifying evil, one can easily bccome that which one seeks to identify, and the same with judgement. Having said that, it is a pity that such strict and limited interpretations exist for people, especially in times such as these, for I repeat, that no one of us can lay claim, in the world as it exists today, to an uncorrupted mind or body, for what has been foisted upon us. And I strongly believe that those who are so strict in their analysis of this are part and parcel of what has corrupted us, in order to denigrate us, and disallow us from what a Creator would have forgiven us for under said circumstances and always wished for us, as long as we continued to have love and compassion for our fellow man.

Very well spoken.

Wonderfully so. You really grok my friend. Thank you for this, it's comforting to know that we are not alone, that many many others are also accessing and beginning to access the wisdom of infinite intelligence and love, because it is love itself, and we are that love, in truth, if only we had more courage. I therefore pray for more courage in the world, that God might support us, to a sufficient degree that we will eventually have the courage, to trust him in his/our love, first for God and then, no less important, our neighbor AS ourself. Because we all share the very same ground of all being and becoming, and because love cannot be witheld only for a particular few, what else moves us? Nothing. Therefore LOVE is the only actual thing that is really going on of any consequence whatsoever. If no WHEN we all grok this most fully, then by God we will have found the smile that wipes away the tears from our eyes.

The hatred and jealousy of man tried to defile the body of Jesus Christ, yet there was no loss of integrity throughout the whole ordeal, think about that.

And what was his first impulse - was it to condemn the world, and everyone in it? Is that the resurrection principal? I think not.

No, the first impulse, and the catalyst to all manner of creative fun and happiness in the spirit of this unfathomably deep love and compassion, and thus hope and faith for better things as yet unseen, is to love, however pained it might be to do so. That's taking a stand on behalf of us all for the sake of love. Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me this understanding, and for the courage to share it with my fellow man who DOES grok, who does have the capacity for understanding and comprehension. Thank you for your love, which never dies. I love you too! Very much so. Thank you for loving me first, yes even as a smoker.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by micpsi

How did he teach when he does not speak. Did he write a book?

His communication intensified dramatically from the very moment he walked out of his hut a non speaking man, that's the wierd part of it, and the reason I'll bet no one even noticed that he wasn't speaking when they watched the youtube videos. He uses some sort of sign language which can be interpreted perfectly on the fly, although for years he used a special language tablet with which to communicate, and his communication was perfect from day one, although at first he simply used gestures and signs to convey what he was saying, but there was no pause at all in his communication, which seemed to be liberated somehow from the very moment he became "silent" (silent hardly describes it, since the opposite effect through an increase in communication is what took place).

He said that the only real things of any value are both recieved and given, in silence, and that he wished for God to speak in the hearts of all people, at which point they would become him in his love. He "grokked", big time. I really think he was the bonified avatar of our current age, in which case, we have an example of the Godman phenomenon, which we can research, and watch for those who will and can, on Youtube. This is the best part of it, imo. In the ancients we have layered on mythologies which of course point to the same reality held by the Godmen of the past, and which hope to raise us to this grand realization, but here in Meher Baba, we have an actual guy, who lived just one generation behind us. We can look at him, and watch him in action. Thus, what he can do, and point to, we can also do, and even more.

What does this say about people like Jesus and Krishna, and more importantly, what does this say, about us?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Electricity. Gift of my body, divine. Voltage. Current. The fire of heaven.

Look here, I've saved it all. Fertile. It shall transform the dry land of Africa into the perfumed orchards of paradise and men will worship me anew.

Eternity exists from the Lady and the Lord,
The Masculine and the Feminine dwell within all souls.
The union of the two form the existing whole.

For two are the Pillars of the Cosmos,
Two are the balance of Truth,
Two are the powers of Nature,
And two are the flesh of existence.

For I am Zeus Arrhenothelus, God of electric retribution. Part man, part woman. I give, so that thou shouldst give.

Eat. Drink. This is my body this is my blood.

Has any one supposed it lucky to be born?
I hasten to inform him or her it is just as lucky to die, and I know it.

I am not an earth nor an adjunct of an earth,
I am the mate and companion of people, all just as immortal and
fathomless as myself,
(They do not know how immortal, but I know.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join