It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar: The Heart of the World.. Are "Godmen" among us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
reply to post by apushforenlightment

I do not ask people to watch youtube, and do not like being asked as well.

I am, sorry.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Was it doubted that those who corrupt their own bodies conceal themselves;
And if those who defile the living are as bad as they who defile the dead?
And if the body does not do as much as the Soul?
And if the body were not the Soul, what is the Soul?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
It’s hard to think with a head full of rain. They have nailed me to the cross oak and when I walk I drag it behind me. I am the electric Messiah, the
descender, locked away in this dark room, in this dark century they have maimed and imprisoned the divine king. Is it any wonder the world sickens and dies?

So it's all YOUR fault then. Thank God! I was worried it might be me!?

Sigh.

Don't forget that we are a work in progress, on the path of progress towards perfection.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Was it doubted that those who corrupt their own bodies conceal themselves;
And if those who defile the living are as bad as they who defile the dead?
And if the body does not do as much as the Soul?
And if the body were not the Soul, what is the Soul?

Body and soul are different. Body performs action only till soul is in it. Death is the event when soul leaves the body.

Purity of body is very important to realizing God. Body is made by God, just like a temple is made by man. No person can realize God without first making his body (which includes mind) clean.

A person who defiles the body of another person is evil.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
In case no one noticed in the OP, Meher Baba doesn't "speak" (although he communicates very well that's for sure). He made a decision to stop vocalizing early in his "ministry" and then never uttered another spoken word for the rest of his natural life.

edit on 9-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

An Acharya is required to speak. Knowledge is given by gift of speech.

I hope he at least writes.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Have you seen the fool that corrupted his own live body? Or the fool that corrupted her own live body? For they do not conceal themselves, and cannot conceal themselves.

The armies of those I love engirth me, and I engirth them;
They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them,
And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the Soul.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

In the times we live in and all that we know is done purposefully and without our consent or choice to not only defile our bodied, but our minds, thus to drive us to defile ourselves for the sake of keeping our sanity, (what the mind must contend with because of outside circumstance foisted upon us), how is it you can afford to stand in such judgement, for I suggest to you that many of us strive to keep the sanity of our minds while our bodies and minds are undergoing 24/7 assault so that we can MAINTAIN the sanctity of our souls....

I find people who are so lacking in understanding and compassion for this to be either in league with or at the very least complicitous to these kinds of assaults so that you can label yourself as better than those of us who struggle, and perhaps part of the "who" that requires this struggle from us....
edit on 9-10-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is really good, imho, well worth watching (sorry again for those who can't watch youtube videos or who don't like people who ask them to)

edit on 9-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: 2nd vid added.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Have you seen the fool that corrupted his own live body? Or the fool that corrupted her own live body? For they do not conceal themselves, and cannot conceal themselves.

The armies of those I love engirth me, and I engirth them;
They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them,
And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the Soul.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

Those who defile their own body are 'evil' too.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

And have you thought many take the corruption for your own salvation, that you could cast yourself as so righteous??

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I hope that doesn't include smoking, because if so then I'm in a heap of trouble!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Can you write what you saw in Meher Baba that you made him your Guru. I hope you can share.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I hope that doesn't include smoking, because if so then I'm in a heap of trouble!

Does the Baba smoke?
Does he ask you to smoke?

Either of these and both will make him a false prophet.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

He's not my guru.

But so many are so disheartened by the religion of "Churchianity", that I just wanted to perhaps, if i could, show them that there are others who become God realized, and that therefore, that this remains as a possibility for any and for all.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Smoke?
This is a very good example of why it will take many to reach all....
There are two here who seem to feel that in order to be of any value to mankind in this way then one must be perfect. I had a very hard time with strict religious interpretation of christ's life, for the very same reason, the assertion that these small details were what made his life ”perfect," and the strictest literal jnterpretation of what that perfection should mean., when really, it was the example of loving when confronted with hate and judgment. But I hasten to say that in identifying evil, one can easily bccome that which one seeks to identify, and the same with judgement. Having said that, it is a pity that such strict and limited interpretations exist for people, especially in times such as these, for I repeat, that no one of us can lay claim, in the world as it exists today, to an uncorrupted mind or body, for what has been foisted upon us. And I strongly believe that those who are so strict in their analysis of this are part and parcel of what has corrupted us, in order to denigrate us, and disallow us from what a Creator would have forgiven us for under said circumstances and always wished for us, as long as we continued to have love and compassion for our fellow man.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
Smoke?
This is a very good example of why it will take many to reach all....
There are two here who seem to feel that in order to be of any value to mankind in this way then one must be perfect. I had a very hard time with strict religious interpretation of christ's life, for the very same reason, the assertion that these small details were what made his life ”perfect," and the strictest literal jnterpretation of what that perfection should mean., when really, it was the example of loving when confronted with hate and judgment. But I hasten to say that in identifying evil, one can easily bccome that which one seeks to identify, and the same with judgement. Having said that, it is a pity that such strict and limited interpretations exist for people, especially in times such as these, for I repeat, that no one of us can lay claim, in the world as it exists today, to an uncorrupted mind or body, for what has been foisted upon us. And I strongly believe that those who are so strict in their analysis of this are part and parcel of what has corrupted us, in order to denigrate us, and disallow us from what a Creator would have forgiven us for under said circumstances and always wished for us, as long as we continued to have love and compassion for our fellow man.

Smoking is bad for the body and the mind.
What is bad for the body cannot be good for the soul.

Smoking is not the reason to hate somebody. I do not hate you if you smoke.

The realization that body is the temple of God, and it must be kept clean and pure, is the first step towards realizing God.

If I smoke, I can always stop smoking. Slowly effect of smoking will wane away from my body.
The same is true of drinking and drugs etc.
The objective is to attain a healthy body and a healthy mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Please go through my thread "Vedic civilization..."

I am very happy that you are a seeker. It is very important to look for 'truth'.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Your ‘loving heart of the world’ was a Jim Reeves fan.

Every day Baba listened to the songs of Jim Reeves, especially "Diamond in the Sky" and "There's a Heartache Following Me." Baba said there was great "dard" (pathos) in Jim Reeves' voice, and these songs helped to relieve the strain of His work. Source

Surely God would have slightly better taste in music?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I enjoy the idea of gods among men, but more so along the lines of Nietzsche's Übermensch (overman) in Thus Spoke Zarathustra, which has a lot to do with self-mastery or his version of "god realization", except no guru is necessary.

Interesting post.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join