It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Was Not God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps....just maybe....some people kinda like Apple products? You seem to be a " victim" of Obama's class warfare.

Also, normal people feel empathy at the unexpected passing of another human.

You must be American, my condolences.
Sorry but im not so Obama has about as much significance to me as a dead slug on the footpath. The only American politician i will give the time of day to is Ron paul and not because he will change the world but because he has the balls to say what he does.

Secondly nowhere did i say it was wrong or unemotional to have empathy for people i just said it needs to be done in perspective of the person and situation. First learn to read then learn to assimilate what you have read before putting words in mouth.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Good riddance in my opinion. Great men and great leaders either spark or are directly responsible for positive progression in this world.

A list of some of Steve Jobs' accomplishments:

-Violating basic human rights in China
-The violation of human rights leading to multiple suicides in Chinese factories and subsequently the mandatory installation of suicide nets around the factories
-Creating technology that allows us to be tracked wherever we are and more\
-Encouraging and significantly contributing to the perpetual cycle of consumerism that plagues and retards this beautiful planet

He was not God and if anybody believes in heaven, I assure you he is not WITH God.

We are richer for having lost him.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by Domo1

No one did because people are so obsessed with people like Steve Jobs.

Don't say no one, because I knew exactly who he was and what his accomplishments were long before I heard of his death.

+1 for private schools.

By the way, Steve Jobs IS God, and I really don't care what any of you say.....
edit on 6-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

If he was YOU'RE god and now he is dead then you really are screwed....lol. good luck with that

At least I know for a fact that he existed.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Domo1

No one did because people are so obsessed with people like Steve Jobs.

Don't say no one, because I knew exactly who he was and what his accomplishments were long before I heard of his death.

+1 for private schools.

By the way, Steve Jobs IS God, and I really don't care what any of you say.....

If he was YOU'RE god and now he is dead then you really are screwed....lol. good luck with that

At least I know for a fact that he existed.

slightly off topic.......actually completely off topic but ill pay that. A god cant die, your logic is flawed, case closed.

back on topic with my "anti derail thread hat on"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Steve is with God now. He made a contribution to the world. Just like many others previous to him. Steve was a smart man. Not a God. Just a great contributor to mankind. Hopefully, we will find that his creations did not serve to make humanity worse.

Communications products scare me. Truly, I think we are losing our bee's due to communications technology. An oversight I think. However, we will learn soon enough what our progress is doing to the world.

Steve was a good guy. He created many of thousands of jobs and employed many people. What more can you ask for in this advanced world. The days are gone of planting and living off the land.

Frankly, I wish we all lived like the Amish or the American Indians. Living in unison with the Earth. Technology is going to destroy us. My personal belief.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Good riddance in my opinion. Great men and great leaders either spark or are directly responsible for positive progression in this world.

-The violation of human rights leading to multiple suicides in Chinese factories and subsequently the mandatory installation of suicide nets around the factories
-Encouraging and significantly contributing to the perpetual cycle of consumerism that plagues and retards this beautiful planet

He was not God and if anybody believes in heaven, I assure you he is not WITH God.

I understand your dissatisfaction at his actions while he was alive but as a human we are all victims of circumstance. death comes to us all and we should value the time we have on this planet. the fact he chose to spend that time doing what he did is his business. The fact that we associate that time with some religious fervor is OUR stupidity. He was a flawed man with many insecurities and fears that led him down the path he walked. We are all human and make mistake dont hate him. In fact dont hate anybody, educate people and let them decide for themselves. I do understand where your coming from.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

Communications products scare me. Truly, I think we are losing our bee's due to communications technology. An oversight I think. However, we will learn soon enough what our progress is doing to the world.

Steve was a good guy. He created many of thousands of jobs and employed many people. What more can you ask for in this advanced world.

I want you to have a look at this link and the various links that stem from it; Business & Human Rights: Foxconn Suicides 2010

Do you think these workers would agree with you that Steve was a good guy? He drove them to suicide. I can, will and do ask for a lot better.

Originally posted by brilab45Communications products scare me. Truly, I think we are losing our bee's due to communications technology.

As it should; iPhone Keeps Record Of Everywhere You Go

I won't judge you if you wish to re-evaluate your perception of Steve Jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I understand your dissatisfaction at his actions while he was alive but as a human we are all victims of circumstance. death comes to us all and we should value the time we have on this planet. the fact he chose to spend that time doing what he did is his business. The fact that we associate that time with some religious fervor is OUR stupidity. He was a flawed man with many insecurities and fears that led him down the path he walked. We are all human and make mistake dont hate him. In fact dont hate anybody, educate people and let them decide for themselves. I do understand where your coming from.

I must say I disagree that we are "victims of circumstance". I think that's a catch cry for people who don't have the intelligence to realise that you and only you can change the course of your life and those who are too lazy or don't have the testicular fortitude to actually do anything about it. Are you telling me that with his power, money and influence he could not have contributed positively to this world?

I will however, work to alleviate the hatred I feel for him as I'm on a personal, spiritual journey eradicating all negativity from myself however, as you mentioned we are human.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I must say I disagree that we are "victims of circumstance". I think that's a catch cry for people who don't have the intelligence to realise that you and only you can change the course of your life and those who are too lazy or don't have the testicular fortitude to actually do anything about it. Are you telling me that with his power, money and influence he could not have contributed positively to this world?

I will however, work to alleviate the hatred I feel for him as I'm on a personal, spiritual journey eradicating all negativity from myself however, as you mentioned we are human.

What i meant when i said we are victims of circumstance is that we cant choose the live weare born into or the things that happen to us, We can only choose how we let these things effect us. Clearly jobs was overcome with greed and lust for power and fame. Thats his weakness, we all have them. Im not saying he was a saint, far from it. im saying he played the hand he was dealt in the way he wanted, hating him doesnt change anything. He will have to deal with the repercussions of his actions or not we dont know and i really dont care. My afterlife wont have an apple logo thats all i know.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

No, I did not look into the subject matter. You may very well be right in schooling me. I'm not adverse to anything. Thank you for your reply and my need to research.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

My afterlife is an unknown to me an I don't profess to have answers nor care to speculate, it remains one of the many great mysteries of human existence, if not the greatest.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I attended private schools for the majority of my education and never heard of the man before today. Mocking my education (or lack thereof) without knowing it is a low blow. The man was NOT God. He was a genius business man, and helped promote products that changed the World but he didn't invent any of them. He was a very good business man, a genius at promoting product. He was not Ghandi.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Mate, pplease don't take that as aggressive or me trying to apply a false measure of superiority based on the information I'm aware of- merely passing it on.

I'm confident there are many areas and topics you could also enlighten me on. When done in a constructive an peaceful manner we participate in the great information exchange and reap the mutual benefits

Peace and love.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by TiM3LoRd

My afterlife is an unknown to me an I don't profess to have answers nor care to speculate, it remains one of the many great mysteries of human existence, if not the greatest.

Agreed, reality and the afterlife in my humble opinion are projections of the psyche. So by that rational I choose to believe i create my afterlife. In that regard I will be creating one in which there are no apple products, it was a joke if slightly obscure.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Mate, I did not take anything you said as offensive or diminutive. We are cool. Life goes on. We all travel the same journey. Although we all may have a different take on things. Perspective is a good thing. It gives us a great learning tool. We can't all be the same in our paradigms.

Best regards.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I attended private schools for the majority of my education and never heard of the man before today. Mocking my education (or lack thereof) without knowing it is a low blow.

I never mocked your education or at least I never intended to, I just said +1 for private schools....

The man was NOT God. He was a genius business man, and helped promote products that changed the World but he didn't invent any of them. He was a very good business man, a genius at promoting product. He was not Ghandi.

Sure he wasn't Ghandi, he was Steve Jobs and he helped to make my life better. Gandhi on the other hand never did anything for me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Domo1

Mocking my education (or lack thereof) without knowing it is a low blow.

I never mocked your education or at least I never intended to, I just said +1 for private schools....

He was not Ghandi.

Sure he wasn't Ghandi, he was Steve Jobs and he helped to make my life better. Gandhi on the other hand never did anything for me.

If your truly believe that then i wish you the best of luck in life.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
we live in a society that is posessed by greed and materialistic illusions and material objects are temporary illusions,that will wither and fade,turn to dust and blow away.all that is really accomplished by our fanatical, obsessional desire to buy electronic toys and gadgets.is the middle class drowning deeper in debt and despair and the rich getting richer and can afford new sports cars,outlandish mansions and the high maintainence women,who will suddenly come out of the woodwork and are a part of that wealthy scenery.whenever the smell of money is in the air...

so of course this man is worshipped and idolized and his passing sends emotional shockwaves across society.because we live in a fallen world.where reality is denied and what really should matter is ignored and replaced with egotistical,self centered,capitalistic robots...
edit on 6-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
i believe the only reason we are here is to be tested.to see how much we help and love eachother and sooooooo many people will fail.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I never knew who the guy was till i read article about his death in local newspaper. and this thread.
and I really don't care.
maybe if he would have gave me something free I would have cared.

well.... maybe not...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by finishr1
I never knew who the guy was till i read article about his death in local newspaper. and this thread.
and I really don't care.
maybe if he would have gave me something free I would have cared.

well.... maybe not...

LOL so you havent been infected by the Apple marketing virus? Then run for the hills. run as fast as you can.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join