It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Human_Alien

I eye rolled because in 10 years no one is going to remember Steve Jobs.

This is the biggest LOL comment I have ever seen or read or anything. This is is also the most insane comment I've ever read.

The man gave us the iPod, the iMac, the iPhone, the iPad. The man revolutionized the computer. HELL, he revolutionized technology as we know it.

Just because you aren't a Mac user, doesn't mean the rest of the world will forget who the American icon is. Oh and let's not forget this is the guy who basically gave us Pixar by saving it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Canned2na
Thank god this blight upon technology is gone. Apple.... HA! More like "If your too dumb to work a PC try this!" "We don't get viruses" "Look at this new Iphone, Ipad,Ipod,Ietc... and every 2 months there is a new "generation". Biggest scam in history.... HA Apple.

A person is dead.... Why is that funny to you?

I mean... Sure he had some unethical business practices... But name one major company that doesn't...

I would not go as far as to thank god for his death.
edit on 6-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Why you ask? Because I find it fitting that the man responsible for this decrepit excuse for technology is dead. Apple has been breeding ignorance among masses.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Why you ask? Because I find it fitting that the man responsible for this decrepit excuse for technology is dead. Apple has been breeding ignorance among masses.

You say you find it funny that a man died of cancer because he was a major player in the computer industry and then complain about the ignorance of the masses? Sounds really intelligent to me.....

Stay classy.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

This is the biggest LOL comment I have ever seen or read or anything. This is is also the most insane comment I've ever read.

The man gave us the iPod, the iMac, the iPhone, the iPad. The man revolutionized the computer. HELL, he revolutionized technology as we know it.

Just because you aren't a Mac user, doesn't mean the rest of the world will forget who the American icon is. Oh and let's not forget this is the guy who basically gave us Pixar by saving it.

Because He (MR. JOBS) also was being compared to the Beatles sir..
So do not take another persons comments out of context plEASE..
The poster did not believe (MR. JOBS) would be remembered like the Beatles,
If people would read the whole thread maybe get that part.
he (MR. JOBS) would be more compared to Michael Jackson much much bigger
and symbolic AND ICONIC. without the white glove of course (lol j.k yeeeeheeeee) . Please stop trolling
edit on 6-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

^^^^ Possibly the most blatantly ignorant statement ive ever heard on this site ^^^^
Ok, so, who WILL be remembered in the realm of computer advancement in the era when computers were first brought into the home of the public, and then to their pockets?

The ONLY way your prediction will come to fruition is if society as a whole, completely collapses, or our species as a whole, ascends or evolves to a point where we completely shed the former way of life. And even if the latter should occur, I would like to think there would be some of us who would like to study the past. Other possibilities would have to amount to something like the return of Christ, or something like that...
Even so, the collapse of society does not negate the amount of impact one individual had on our everyday life. His name being remembered has nothing to do with equating the degree of the man's acbeivements in his respective field. If a planetoid eliminated all life on earth less than 10 years after John Lennon died, would you, as a spirit, then be scoffing ay those who deeply respected lennons work while they were still living simply for the fact that "Noone remembered his name 10 years after he died"?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

He is due no credit? You do realize that he is on dozens of patents at Apple. He wasn't just a "marketing guy" as you put it. He was the visionary, creative force behind the company. The company faltered and failed after they kicked him out in the 1980s. What did he do? He started Pixar, the best animation studio in the world, and Next computers, which just happened to produce the world's first web server and was later purchased by Apple for their operating system, which became OS X, and later became the iPhone OS, and then the iPad got it, and it became iOS. Before the Mac there was no good typography on computers. GUI was hardly heard of, and nobody used mice. The iPod and iTunes revolutionized the entire music industry, the iPhone flipped the cell phone world on it's head. Just look at phones pre and post iPhone. The ones after the iPhone all look like, well, the iPhone. Nobody used touch before the iPhone because of the pioneering gestures that they created from experimenting on the iPod and trackpads. The iMac is iconic. The Macbook Pro is a work of art that is being copied more and more every day. Before the iPad nobody used tablets because they were bulky, heavy, and ran desktop software that isn't suited for touch-based input. An entire industry has grown up around that overnight, and the iPad dominates it. I guarantee you Steve was behind every single one of those products, testing them, going over the design with the team. Many of you here don't realize that he spent a great deal of time on these projects. He ran Apple like a start-up and was very involved. This isn't simply some CEO in a suit (which he never wore). This guy isn't the NWO that you're all thinking of. He was a regular guy who did what he loved and did it with passion almost until the day he died. If you don't respect him for anything else, at least respect him for that.

I will miss him because he was an inspiration to me and enabled my entire field to take off: graphic design. People appreciate good design more than ever nowadays, and I believe he deserves a lot of credit for making that happen. Computers have never been easier to use, and I believe that new technologies such as Siri Personal Assistant in the iPhone 4S will help bring the crazy things of the Star Trek like future closer than ever. Has anyone here seen that thing? It's insane. And Apple thought it up in the 1980s with the knowledge navigator. Look it up. Pure vision, and now it's here today.

Here is a photo of this simple man at a park that someone secretly took a few months ago. Was he pondering his own death after leaving as CEO? Thinking of his family and friends? What everything means? Cut him some slack. He was a human too, and cancer takes a lot out of you. Pondering your own death is heavy stuff:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by midwest

Something else that is kind of cool,though not really linked to Steve Jobs. Everything you see on ATS, comes out of SO's mac.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Steve is up in icloud heaven
playing angry birds with God...

RIP Steve we love you!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Steve is up in icloud heaven
playing angry birds with God...

RIP Steve we love you!

On his Iphone 5000..... Which is really just a fancy Iphone 4000.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Lets not forget the people who suffered in the sweat shops so this guy and his shareholders could make their obscene wealth. Lets not forget all the businesses forced under and unfairly taken to court by this bully so Apple could grow that little bit bigger than it really needed to be. Sure he was an innovator, and its sad for those close to him who he left behind, but he was a dirty player.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So the angry puddytat finally left the thread, what a bona fide arshole. Like someone just jobbed him or something.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by midwest

He might be thinking about some other peoples' deaths...

Photoshop will help me convey this one:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Explanation: I think I can hear Steve Job's whispering to us all from the after i-Life...

Shhhh please for a moment .. it sounds sorta like this to me ...

Personal Disclosure: He gave us what we wanted and what he knew we wanted and what we were willing to pay for that.

And really he didn't give us anything for free ... his family benefited most likely in that fashion.

He was a businessman and he did what he did for himself, his family and his dream and if 'we' happened to benefit by buying it and using it and getting good effective use out of it, which then put one in a better position to profit for ourselves, then bully for us.

As for those Chinese workers who commited suicide, well OL is 99.999% sure that Steve did NOT personaly hold a gun to these workers heads and force these people to work in such conditions and I think my fellow members need to take that internal labouring conditions issue up with China themselves, as Mr Steve Job's is far beyond being able to change anything to do with that now.

P.S Please NOTE: The above use of the term 'we' is generic and is not ment to include you unless you want it to include you, within that demographic, OK!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This will probably come as more of a shock to my teenage son. For me though, it was obvious the guy was on his last legs. R.I.P

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Indeed..I think rather than go straight to the cat fight..give it a few days at least..and then start

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What freaked me out is I was on a justin.tv channel at 8am on the 4th, a full day before Steve Jobs died. Someone in the chat kept typing "R.I.P. Steve Jobs 1955-2011" and everyone was ignoring them. I myself thought it was just a joke or a shot at Jobs because he was not doing the Keynote.

Today (10/5) I woke up from a nap and my girlfriend said "Did you hear, Steve Jobs died". I just laughed and said "that's just some silly internet rumor or joke, they were saying it yesterday morning too". She was like "No really, he really died...TODAY". I didn't believe her at first until I saw the news, and then it freaked me out that someone was saying he was dead the day before.

What's up with that? I mean we all knew he had cancer and was not doing well, but as far as I know it was not common knowledge that he was at deaths door, in fact I had heard rumors that he may make a cameo appearance at the keynote, so this freaks me out a little.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
rip steve, but if one day AI will shoot our asses, it will be also his fault. death to technocracy.

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

the most respect for the mind that revolutioned all world...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehidedtrue

the most respect for the mind that revolutioned all world...

....What?

Surely an explanation should follow such a bold one-liner...
edit on 6-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Thank god this blight upon technology is gone. Apple.... HA! More like "If your too dumb to work a PC try this!" "We don't get viruses" "Look at this new Iphone, Ipad,Ipod,Ietc... and every 2 months there is a new "generation". Biggest scam in history.... HA Apple.

A person is dead.... Why is that funny to you?

I mean... Sure he had some unethical business practices... But name one major company that doesn't...

I would not go as far as to thank god for his death.

dont feed the troll!!!!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join