It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Partisanity

Leaving ATS won't erase the past or deny the grave another Chinese worker.

Speaking ill of a dead man does?

We clearly have different definitions of the word "man".

Just saying if you are going to try and lay into ATS for having an indirect background involving mac... because of something that never involved ATS, your participation here, is kind of on the hypocritical side.

Are you serious? I never said I hate ATS for being connected to Apple in its founding. I said I would've rather these kids be ALIVE than have had this site exist.

If you morally object to Apple, you should not use any of their products nor any product that came into existence because of it.

edit on 6-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

I understand the former, which is why I don't buy Apple products, but the latter is just ridiculous.

Saying that supporting ATS means supporting Apple is like saying that supporting Canada means supporting the US federal government.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Oh my god... No new talking point? just saying the same stuff over and over?

Okay,I will say this again, one last time, and then moving on because you and me saying the same stuff over and over is only detracting from the thread.

Again, I never claimed that Jobs invented anything, so why you keep pointing out that he didn't, is beyond me. He took products made by other people and turned them into very successful companies.

I.E Apple. ( Even though he was a co founder....) Yeah, he got software and operating systems from other places, tweaked them, and sold them....

We are in agreement, so you can stop spouting off that now pointless fact.... That has long since been established in the thread.

And no, you bought an Apple product, Which was owned by who?

Steve Jobs... If Apple is so evil to you and was run by a disgusting man, as you called him... Well... maybe you should not buy apple products or use anything that Steve Jobs had any part in...

Kind of...Hypocritical no?

Hey, there is a reason I never bought an apple product you know.

Now, I have repeated myself for the last time... Feel free to respond to this yet again with the same points that have been said by me and numerous other people in the thread....

But don't expect a reply.... I am sick of typing the same thing over and over.

Good day to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My wife broke the news to me. She was in the kitchen on her iPad and I was in the living room. So I picked up my iPod Touch and read about it on the Associated Press app.

Genius. Pure genius.

And it's not like he invented the wheel or anything. But what he did invent changed society and how we interact, and he made it look relatively easy when it was far from it. It is extremely difficult to take an idea and actualize it, and have the success, in the way Steve Jobs did. And he did it many, many times. He's far more influential than Bill Gates, in my opinion.

Much love for Steve Jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I understand the former, which is why I don't buy Apple products, but the latter is just ridiculous.

Saying that supporting ATS means supporting Apple is like saying that supporting Canada means supporting the US federal government.

Yep, it is ridiculous to suggest a thing. I guess my sarcasm was over your head.

My point being that it is equally ridiculous to suggest that ATS having indirect backgrounds involving the use of Apple computers, is some how tied into what happened with these Chinese workers at Apple....

Here is what you DID say.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you really think that SO, using a mac to make childrens books has anything to do with what happened in China.... Well, that is just ridiculous....

Was it worth it? With a link to an article about what happened with Chinese Apple employees? Hmmm. Yep Ridiculous alright.

Get it now?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Are you serious? I never said I hate ATS for being connected to Apple in its founding. I said I would've rather these kids be ALIVE than have had this site exist.

Yep, it is ridiculous to suggest a thing. I guess my sarcasm was over your head.

My point being that it is equally ridiculous to suggest that ATS having indirect backgrounds involving the use of Apple computers, is some how tied into what happened with these Chinese workers at Apple....

Here is what you DID say.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get it now?

It seems that you're missing my point entirely. My only point was only that the success of ATS does not overwrite my sympathy for the workers that Apple exploited -- literally to death -- and in no way changes my opinion about either of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

You are the one who responded to SO's story about how he used macs for his books,

by asking if it was worth it and posting a link to an article involving Chinese Apple works...

So, yes, maybe I am missing your point. What do Chinese Apple workers have to do with SO's story and why are you asking him if it was worth it as if he had anything to do with it?

Just saying that is how your post came across... Intentional or not...

And it looks ridiculous because of that. Yep, what happened to those workers is sad, but your post implies that you are blaming SO( Again...Intentional or not), which makes it come across as ridiculous.

get it NOW?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Well the people who agreed with my respectfully disagree with you I'm sure... they seemed to have got it.

SO's post ended with a statement suggesting that ATS's success can be at least somewhat attributed to Apple, I was just saying that I value the lives of those innocent children who were exploited to the point where they felt their lives weren't worth living more than I value this site... that doesn't mean that I'm not going to use the site, after all, how could I express this opinion of mine to you without it?

Sorry, but I travel to China tri-annually and see the impact of American corporatists there first-hand, and it's far less than admirable business practice. I'm not going to defend Apple because it helped ATS get their foot in the door, nor am I going to abandon ATS because of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The design for the iPod was British.

Another case of the yanks stealing our stuff and claiming it to be theirs.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Well the people who agreed with my respectfully disagree with you I'm sure... they seemed to have got it.

Don't be so sure, I was one of the one who starred it. Why? Because it came across as so silly. Let the people who starred your post, speak for them selves.

SO's post ended with a statement suggesting that ATS's success can be at least somewhat attributed to Apple, I was just saying that I value the lives of those innocent children who were exploited to the point where they felt their lives weren't worth living more than I value this site... that doesn't mean that I'm not going to use the site, after all, how could I express this opinion of mine to you without it?

Yep, he said that with out Mac's ATS might not be here today.... So what? That does not make SO or ATS responsible for what happened...

Agreed?

So really, asking him if using macs was worth it... Doesn't really make all that much sense.... now does it?

I wore Nike shoes when I was a kid... So are you going to ask me if it was worth it, knowing that Nike used child slave labor? As if I had something to do with it?

SO, used macs and still does today. I say, good for him. He became a major success.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Don't be so sure, I was one of the one who starred it. Why? Because it came across as so silly. Let the people who starred your post, speak for them selves.

You may have noticed that I was not speaking in absolutes..

Yep, he said that with out Mac's ATS might not be here today.... So what? That does not make SO or ATS responsible for what happened...

Agreed?

More than agreed. I would never suggest that ATS is responsible for Apple's actions; it's just that I value human life more than any silly institution, and if it means that Apple and ATS would never existed and these kids were still alive, then I would still be a happier person regardless of how much I do like this site.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

You may have noticed that I was not speaking in absolutes..

Well the people who agreed with me respectfully disagree with you I'm sure

seems pretty absolute to me.

Glad you were so sure.

More than agreed. I would never suggest that ATS is responsible for Apple's actions;

I am sure it was completely unintentional, I figured there is no way you could actually hold ATS responsible for such a thing. The point I was trying to make was that this was how your post came across, unintentional I am sure.

Good. Glad we are in agreement.

Debating aside I need to take a break from my computer, I am getting a head ache from staring at the screen for so long.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I started using Macs when I got into using computers. I used them for years and was acclimatized to the Apple propaganda line, i.e., that PCs were horrible useless doorstops that only a lunkhead would bother with. Got a terrific amount of work done on a little Mac SE and then a PC 166 mhz machine fell into my lap and . . . I got a hell of a lot of work done on that!

So, I balanced out with my opinions.

I've mostly used PCs for the last few years and like a lot of people, I love my computer. It is, after all, a kind of mirror image of me.

I have been down on Macs of late because of the slow, underperforming iMac that they had at work. However, even that changed. They have a new iMac with the new "smart" track pad instead of a mouse and I love it.

Steve Jobs will be missed. He had vision and insisted on excellence in his products, though he did not always get it. 56 is too young for a driven, creative person like him.

The video, Pirates of Silicon Valley, telling the story of the birth of Apple and of Microsoft, is on YouTube. It is really well done, a surprisingly entertaining story. RIP Steve Jobs, you were a help to humanity.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Reading through 12-13 pages of this thread...and having an ongoing battle between each other..isn't going to do anything. This guy has just died...give him at least a few moments of peace please..he more than deserves it.

He may not have made many advancements technology wise but he brought this out for the public to use. I don't use any Apple products but it did change society...motivation to advance and to help others (e.g. iPads have been very helpful for those disabled.)

Stop the squabbling...give this guy a bit of recognition and give him some peace. RIP Jobs..
edit on 6-10-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thank god this blight upon technology is gone. Apple.... HA! More like "If your too dumb to work a PC try this!" "We don't get viruses" "Look at this new Iphone, Ipad,Ipod,Ietc... and every 2 months there is a new "generation". Biggest scam in history.... HA Apple.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

I admit I am just as guilty of it as everyone else, but I would like to see the squabbling stop as well.

As I said, a man died. Some like him some don't.

But like him or not a man died. A human being died.... and I find that sad.

id applaud you if I could. But I guess a star will have to do.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canned2na
Thank god this blight upon technology is gone. Apple.... HA! More like "If your too dumb to work a PC try this!" "We don't get viruses" "Look at this new Iphone, Ipad,Ipod,Ietc... and every 2 months there is a new "generation". Biggest scam in history.... HA Apple.

A person is dead.... Why is that funny to you?

I mean... Sure he had some unethical business practices... But name one major company that doesn't...

I would not go as far as to thank god for his death.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Reading through 12-13 pages of this thread...and having an ongoing battle between each other..isn't going to do anything. This guy has just died...give him at least a few moments of peace please..he more than deserves it.

He may not have made many advancements technology wise but he brought this out for the public to use. I don't use any Apple products but it did change society...motivation to advance and to help others (e.g. iPads have been very helpful for those disabled.)

Stop the squabbling...give this guy a bit of recognition and give him some peace. RIP Jobs..
edit on 6-10-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

We can't give him peace now that he is dead,
he will speak his peace with God now...

We can only speak of his actions..

Which is healthy for mourning the death of a celebrity
whether people agree with it or not.

I learnt a lot of things in this thread and I think Steve Jobs
would want us to talk about the legacy he left good AND bad..
edit on 6-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Rest in Peace Steve, thank you for your inventions and spirit that made alot of people really happy

On the other hand, it scares me, that one of the richest people in the world can't fight cancer...my own mother has incurable cancer and it's really a strange feeling when you know even billions can't cure it. But i still believe, no matter what happens, hope, we have to make it our greatest strength.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This is going to sound off the wall and "new agey" but I read an interview with a prominent businessman here in Canada recently, who commented that Steve Jobs was a very tough customer in business, given to tirades when things were not going his way. He was an angry guy in some ways.

In the milieu that I inhabit, a Buddhist community, anger, or rather, the failure to manage it properly, is associated with the disease, cancer.

There are those who believe that cancer is a spirit caused disease and that anger attracts the angry spirits that cause this disease. I realize that this will sound like clap trap to a lot of people, but others will know what I am talking about.

For them, Steve Jobs' life and death are exemplary in a not so obvious way. All the same, he was a great man and deserving of respect.
edit on 6-10-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

I learnt a lot of things in this thread and I think Steve Jobs
would want us to talk about the legacy he left good AND bad..

Actually, I have to. Some good some bad.... But I learned none the less...

You raise an interesting point.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join