It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
He and my mom were born the same year, died three years apart. Too young, and a real shame, too.

A toast to my homeboy Steve. Silicon Valley wouldn't have been the same without you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Lets not forget the people who suffered in the sweat shops so this guy and his shareholders could make their obscene wealth. Lets not forget all the businesses forced under and unfairly taken to court by this bully so Apple could grow that little bit bigger than it really needed to be. Sure he was an innovator, and its sad for those close to him who he left behind, but he was a dirty player.

Its called business, its cut throat, he was doing his job!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85

Lets not forget the people who suffered in the sweat shops so this guy and his shareholders could make their obscene wealth. Lets not forget all the businesses forced under and unfairly taken to court by this bully so Apple could grow that little bit bigger than it really needed to be. Sure he was an innovator, and its sad for those close to him who he left behind, but he was a dirty player.

*facepalm*

No. The Chinese were "doing his job". He sat on his butt dreaming up new and exciting ways to extort foreign policy and take as many teenagers' heads that got in his way as he could possibly turn the tiniest profit off of. I'm not even going to get into how he helped rape the global economy just to get his face plastered on the cover of Forbes.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

*facepalm*

No. The Chinese were "doing his job". He sat on his butt dreaming up new and exciting ways to extort foreign policy and take as many teenagers' heads that got in his way as he could possibly turn the tiniest profit off of. I'm not even going to get into how he helped rape the global economy just to get his face plastered on the cover of Forbes.

And where exactly are you getting this information from?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The I Pod was not invented by Apple. It was invented by British Inventor Kane Kramer. Apple had to admit to this in a court case. Information here:-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo, I have really liked you up till this point. Stop dissappointing me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
most of us here have been doing the computer shtick for a LONG time already. steve was one of the founding fathers in this regard, and in recent years brought the casuals along for the ride. props for steve!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

What apple did was completely legal. The patents ran out.

it doesn't matter who invented something if they can't revolutionize it.

There was a member of the rolling stones who left who was a custodian at a stadium they were playing at.
But who is to say that the Rolling Stones would of been a success if this many has stayed in the band?
Same with technology, lots of technology gets invented that the world doesn't see only to have it successful in someone else's hands.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

*facepalm*

Where exactly have you been looking that you don't know this?

Nowhere at all?

Here ya go!

Steve Jobs Defends Factory Conditions:

Newly installed nets to prevent workers from jumping to their deaths are pictured outside one of the Foxconn's factory buildings in the township of Longhua, in southern Guangdong province, China

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Who cares. This pompous billionaire wouldn't have posted a thread on a board for your death.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
Who cares. This pompous billionaire wouldn't have posted a thread on a board for your death.

I think it's a good thing that he's dead. Now hundreds Chinese teens might even make it to the age of twenty... probably not though. Apple idolizes the guy (almost as much as the blissfully clueless on this thread) and will follow in his footsteps.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sure are a lot of haters on ATS.

Being happy that someone is dead? Try to keep it classy people.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sucks he died, i feel for the family and friends.

But i also hate apple. And do not think he was a visionary in any way, everything apple is just a ripoff of something else.

Oh i bet someone will say what about the Apple ii! that was revolutionary right?!?! Bringing the computer home at a cheap price tag?!

Well guess what, the apple i and ii were made by Steve Wozniak, Jobs wasn't even around, Jobs just gave him money.

Yeah real revolutionary if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
To Original Poster:

Sorry to break it to you, but Steve Jobs didn't create any of those things... engineers did. Inside every electronic device are circuits, capacitors, inductors, resistors, electrical fields, magnetic fields, etc... electrons coursing through them at the speed of light.

Steve Jobs probably couldn't even figure out a simple circuit diagram if it came up and bit him.

Stop giving all these New World Order frontmen credit that they don't deserve.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

*facepalm*

Where exactly have you been looking that you don't know this?

Nowhere at all?

Here ya go!

Steve Jobs Defends Factory Conditions:

Newly installed nets to prevent workers from jumping to their deaths are pictured outside one of the Foxconn's factory buildings in the township of Longhua, in southern Guangdong province, China

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

ofc i didnt look!!! il make you do the work lol

I will read it when I finish work and put in my thoughts!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Sure are a lot of haters on ATS.

Being happy that someone is dead? Try to keep it classy people.

Yes well I knew 2 people who committed suicide that worked at Foxconn factories and 1 who literally died from stress like a he was a f#ing animal, so marking this up to "arbitrary hate" is a pretty pointless endeavor if you're addressing your "argument" towards me. If you're addressing Jobs' complete disregard for human life in his journey to turn a buck, however, then you're dead on.

Given, I would much rather have had the criminal in prison but this country seems to like putting these people on a pedestal and printing magazines with them on the cover instead.

Next time be more additive and don't just poop out a one-liner, hmm?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

Yes well I knew 2 people who committed suicide that worked at Foxconn factories and 1 who literally died from stress like a he was a f#ing animal, so marking this up to "arbitrary hate" is a pretty pointless endeavor if you're addressing your "argument" towards me.

Did Steve Jobs force them to work?

Given, I would much rather have had the criminal in prison but this country seems to like putting these people on a pedestal and printing magazines with them on the cover instead.

What crime did he commit?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Wow, at only 56 too... Surprising they didn't say what he died of, though my bet is on the pancreatic cancer.

A true visionary....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by Partisanity

Yes well I knew 2 people who committed suicide that worked at Foxconn factories and 1 who literally died from stress like a he was a f#ing animal, so marking this up to "arbitrary hate" is a pretty pointless endeavor if you're addressing your "argument" towards me.

Did Steve Jobs force them to work?

No, the Chinese government did... do you not understand the use of the word exploit?

ex·ploit (ksploit, k-sploit)
n.
An act or deed, especially a brilliant or heroic one. See Synonyms at feat1.
tr.v. (k-sploit, ksploit) ex·ploit·ed, ex·ploit·ing, ex·ploits
1. To employ to the greatest possible advantage: exploit one's talents.
2. To make use of selfishly or unethically: a country that exploited peasant labor. See Synonyms at manipulate.
3. To advertise; promote.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by alldaylong

What apple did was completely legal. The patents ran out.

it doesn't matter who invented something if they can't revolutionize it.

Then you should be interested to know that when Steve Wozniak left Apple he tried to build a startup company manufacturing universal remotes, some twenty years before they came out elsewhere. Steve Jobs was such a petty person that he openly used his influence to destroy Wozniak's company. It's Steve Wozniak himself who's saying this

Plus, Psystar was trying to build Macintosh clones using legal copies of Leopard. Their genius was to create their own interpreter that allowed Apple IOS to run on non Apple hardware. Steve Jobs was such a dictator that he sued them into extinction on the grounds that people doing anything with Leopard outside of what Steve Jobs wanted them to do with Leopard was a violation of copyright laws. It's like Nissan repossessing your car becuase you're driving it on roads Nissan doesn't want you to drive it on.

Your quote really should be, it doesn't matter who invented something if Steve Jobs can't take the credit for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join