It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

So will my iPhone still work?

I hope so.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

I will say this, I am not an Apple-cult follower, i actually have never purchased an apple product (not even a IPod), but I will say that the company Steve Jobs co-founded has definitely impacted technolgy, and the growth of technology, in general.

Same, my family bought one of those old IMac's back in the late 90's. That's about it though. Never owned an apple product myself, but I would be a fool to suggest Jobs did not have a major impact in his industry.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Partisanity
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That's very... "touching"...

...Was it "worth it"?

Is being a member of ATS worth it?

edit on 6-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Worth innocent teenagers' lives? Absolutely not. There are other conspiracy websites out there, I could live without ATS and Apple if it meant one Chinese family got their child back, let alone thousands.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I had no idea you are an artist or that you nearly had a career as a children's book author. That is really awesome and actually paints a softer side of the owner of ATS.

When the CD-ROM business faltered, I allowed some free online children's books sites have the basic stories of some of my titles. One still survives online:
The Amazing Spectacular Ordinary Bottle
(The images are rather small
but they're pen + ink, then scanned into a Mac and colorized in Photoshop 1.0)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

Well, if you have a moral objection to ATS, no one is forcing you to stay here and participate.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Leaving ATS won't erase the past or deny the grave another Chinese worker.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I had no idea you are an artist or that you nearly had a career as a children's book author. That is really awesome and actually paints a softer side of the owner of ATS.

When the CD-ROM business faltered, I allowed some free online children's books sites have the basic stories of some of my titles. One still survives online:
The Amazing Spectacular Ordinary Bottle
(The images are rather small
but they're pen + ink, then scanned into a Mac and colorized in Photoshop 1.0)

That is so cool. Wow, you did those pictures as well?

Color me impressed ( No pun intended)

I am checking out that page now.

link   
Sorry to hear this, 56 years is too young to die and cancer is still a terrible decease.

It’s obvious that he was a visionary and creative genius because he created this billion dollars company from out a garage 35 years ago.
I once saw a movie about that but I forgot unfortunately the name of it.

I find what he said here quite striking.
In a speech in 2005 he spoke about his own mortality:

“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.”

Geüpload door peestandingup op 6 mrt 2006

Here we see Steve Jobs delivering his commencement speech to the graduates of Stanford University in 2005. In it he talks about getting fired from Apple in 1985, life & death.

Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 2005

www.nrc.nl... source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Google+International

RIP Steve.

edit on 6/10/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I actually dig the pictures. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but when I hear someone say children's book I usually expect disaster. Do you do the artwork for the site?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

ATS is much more than just a conspiracy website, many of the breaking stories here are stories that MSM refuses to carry.... And no one forcing you to use this site, there's gotta be a reason why you're here and not on GLP right now....

link   
Thank you Mr. Jobs for your vision. R.I.P.

link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yes. Everything on ATS comes out of my Mac.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

Leaving ATS won't erase the past or deny the grave another Chinese worker.

Speaking ill of a dead man does?

Just saying if you are going to try and lay into ATS for having an indirect background involving mac... because of something that never involved ATS, your participation here, is kind of on the hypocritical side.

If you morally object to Apple, you should not use any of their products nor any product that came into existence because of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Anyone else before he came around? Not really....Admit it... He improved Pixar. Or are you still going to sit there with your hands over your ears pretending that Apple is not a very successful company thanks to him and Pixar became what is is now thanks to his involvement...

How did he improve Pixar, exactly? It was Lucas who created it, it was Lesseter who developed the computer animation and directed the flagship movie Toy Story, and it was Disney who distributed it...and who do you think got Tom Hanks involved in the flick, Jobs or Disney?

Point out Job's involvement in the creative process to me, please.

Good for you. You were disgusted by a man. I am proud of you. No really.

Fortunately for me, I'm only disgusted by Jobs. With Psystar it's an entire industry that Jobs destroyed.

He was a tough business man and took down other businesses and stopped other people from achieving success like millions of other business men... Clearly....Proof that Apple and pixar were utter failures as companies....
Try again... Your point failed.

Who said Apple was a failure? Jobs was especially expert and getting people to swallow the idea it was fashionable to shovel money to Apple at every opportunity. Let's face it, spending $2,000 on a computer that's going to pretend that it's a $800 computer is horrible business practice, but hey, it makes you look cool.

There's no flipping way, shape, or form that Apple machines should cost as much as they do. Psystar was making working clones for a fraction of the price of a Mac.

Yet you still paid it. You still bought his product even though you were disgusted by the man. Go figure.

You just paid hundreds of dollars on a device, and when you plug it in it says you need to pay ten more dollars for it to work. What are you going to do, say no?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I had no idea. I thought you owned the site and someone else was running it. Great job! Even though I am not a Mac fan I do have to give it to them where art/music is concerned.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
innovator.......

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

How did he improve Pixar, exactly? It was Lucas who created it, it was Lesseter who developed the computer animation and directed the flagship movie Toy Story, and it was Disney who distributed it...and who do you think got Tom Hanks involved in the flick, Jobs or Disney?

Point out Job's involvement in the creative process to me, please.

Again?

Must I repeat myself? He contracted to Disney to produce a number of great films. Very smart move on his part which ensured the success of the company.

contracted with Disney to produce a number of computer-animated feature films, which Disney would co-finance and distribute.

The rest is history. He made the right choice and contracted to Disney. This is how he improved the company and made it a success.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Who said Apple was a failure? Jobs was especially expert and getting people to swallow the idea it was fashionable to shovel money to Apple at every opportunity. Let's face it, spending $2,000 on a computer that's going to pretend that it's a $800 computer is horrible business practice, but hey, it makes you look cool.

Not me... But it has been said and implied numerous times in this thread.

That said, I guess I am a nerd and you are cool. Since you have bought an apple product and I have not.

There's no flipping way, shape, or form that Apple machines should cost as much as they do. Psystar was making working clones for a fraction of the price of a Mac.

I agree, this is part of the reason I never bought one.

You just paid hundreds of dollars on a device, and when you plug it in it says you need to pay ten more dollars for it to work. What are you going to do, say no?

Excuse me while I repeat myself....You hate the company and the man yet you still bought his product...?

Was Steve Jobs holding a gun to your head?

Now, unless you have a new talking point, we are both repeating ourselves at this point and there is nothing left to say.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
Steve Jobs was a true innovator and visionary. He was a modern-day Thomas Edison of sorts. The "smart phone" is a revolution in communications technology. he worked at Atari.

Oh yeah, that remods me- while at Atari Jobs even got Wozniak to design a few circuits for him which he took the credit for even then! That's in the historical record, too.

That said, Woz said he forgave Job for that stunt, so if Woz can be a man about it then I suppose I should too.

He appeared to be a good person from my outsider's point of view. I like him a lot more than a former CEO of Microsoft that will go unmentioned here, that's for sure.

that's because Gates never bothered to try to create a cult of personality for himself. Have you seen anyone selling Bill Gates dolls, lately?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I had no idea. I thought you owned the site and someone else was running it. Great job! Even though I am not a Mac fan I do have to give it to them where art/music is concerned.

See I knew that he was a major factor in running the site. I did not know he used a Mac though.

Cool.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Must I repeat myself? He contracted to Disney to produce a number of great films. Very smart move on his part which ensured the success of the company.

Ahem...after Lasseter's Toy Story took off and became profitable it was practically written in stone that Disney was going to come back to Pixar to get more movies developed. Lasseter was the genius that invented Pixar every it as much as Wozniak was the genius that invented Apple.

By the time Lasseter came along Jobs was already well experieced in ripping off the credit for what other people had created. By the time Tony Fadell invented the Ipod Jobs was a black belt at it.

Excuse me while I repeat myself....You hate the company and the man yet you still bought his product...?

No, actually, I bought Tony Fadell's product.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join