It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
In almost every second UFO/Alien thread someone is throwing in the word "disclosure".

Obviously, some of the more naive people believe that there is some imaginary "elite" of world leaders and scientists who "know" the truth and keep it hidden from the population for decades.

Fact is that such a thought is only speculation, mainly coming from a handful of books and authors with less than solid credibility, IMO.

Why is there no such "disclosure"?

The reason is, likely, that "the government" and your "secret elite" (whoever that may be) knows as much as anyone else. For the sake of it, let's assume YES there are Aliens and UFOs, and also let's assume that UFOs are indeed craft used by those aliens.

It is more likely that "the government", NASA etc. might indeed be aware of their presence, there are military accounts, credible accounts by credible people. Who knows..there might be reports where it says that UFOs are indeed real but those reports are hidden from the public.

But the point is: "They" don't know what the Alien visitor's intentions are. They don't know where they come from. They don't even know whether they are Aliens from other planets or, heck, coming from somewhere else, another dimension or whatever.

The only "disclosure" would be "yes we acknowledge, we have countless reports of people seeing UFOs, we really don't know what they are. Otherwise we know a much as you".

And this is why there is no "disclosure", because they don't have a clue either..so there is nothing to disclose.

edit on 3-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I understand where you're coming from, but in your assumption that the government doesn't know what the aliens intensions are, could be as faulty as those that seem to feel that there is a certain group of informed individuals. Those that you are doubing exist.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The problem is this.

People are taking ordinary objects such as planes and convincing themselves they are something they are not.
Last night there was a thread about UFO's....a webcam that took pics every 30 seconds over new york. The lights in the sky were immediately dismissed as planes, and all sorts of bs followed from the believers.

People have been talking about disclosure for decades....time to get real...it wont happen, because we havent been visited by anything!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

People have been talking about disclosure for decades....time to get real...it wont happen, because we havent been visited by anything!

I'm so glad someone has finally come forward with the definitive inside scoop on this issue. Now we can finally put this whole topic to rest. And ATS can close the Aliens / UFO's forum. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Ok, say 100+ years ago when there wasn't any planes or aircraft in the sky, how do you explain the sightings that were reported then?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Mis identification of comets, meteorites...birds...we still see it now. People taking photos of birds claiming they are UFO's.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
The only "disclosure" would be "yes we acknowledge, we have countless reports of people seeing UFOs, we really don't know what they are. Otherwise we know a much as you".

I agree with you, it is my opinion that "disclosure" has already occurred. Governments in the US, Britain and elsewhere have already acknowledged that they've tracked and documented UFOs and analyzed the data to determine the threat level, and they have also stated that they have air safety concerns about sharing air space with these mysterious objects. The problem is what you stated- they have nothing more to disclose because they don't know what these objects are. ET spaceships? Time travelers? Secret experimental aircraft from other countries? They really don't know. The US government totally sucks at keeping secrets and it is reasonable to assume that since no detailed info on UFOs has been leaked out of the government then that means they simply don't have any detailed info. I would love for it to be true that the government has been in frequent contact with ETs and that we will hear all about it soon, but I don't think it's the case.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614

Ok, say 100+ years ago when there wasn't any planes or aircraft in the sky, how do you explain the sightings that were reported then?

Just a little thought how do you know what was seen 100+years ago? unless you are about 135 years old, you can have a discussion with me what you have seen. But other than that just shhhh, because i am doubting that even in the last 20+years or so you haven't seen anything for yourself. Don't be passive...please!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Last night there was a thread about UFO's....a webcam that took pics every 30 seconds over new york. The lights in the sky were immediately dismissed as planes, and all sorts of bs followed from the believers

For some, this line of thought applies to almost all conspiracies or beliefs. "Proof" of the converse is usually dismissed as manipulation ("it's a coverup!!!") or some kind of test of faith ("God make it contradictory to test our faith in him").

Basically, the harder you try to disprove something, the more you prove it to those that believe.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So you're saying that all of the reports of UFO's are people misidentifying the objects in question? Maybe that is true for a certain % but not all.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizzapuppy

Originally posted by Irish614

Just a little thought how do you know what was seen 100+years ago? unless you are about 135 years old, you can have a discussion with me what you have seen. But other than that just shhhh, because i am doubting that even in the last 20+years or so you haven't seen anything for yourself. Don't be passive...please!!

It is called the news paper, yes the NEWS PAPER, they actually used to report on strange phenomena back in the day. I actually have seen something strange once in my life when I was fishing at night with my cousins ( I was young so no drinking or drugs were involved).

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

And this is why there is no "disclosure", because they don't have a clue either..so there is nothing to disclose.

edit on 3-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

This would be disturbing, but they have to know something. If not then....... its alot more complex then suggested.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If you took the time and did some research of the subject, you would find that there are some credible sources saying we have been visited by ET. Many ex military, airforce and navy personel have given personal testimony of incredible encounters during their time in service. Men working at nuclear missile silo's during the the cold war have also seen and documented interactions with ufo and the missiles they were were guarding. Some of the old astronauts and cosmonauts have spoken publicly of experiencing phenomena they can only account for as being ufo's

You also have the roswell incident and the people who were caught up in it. Decades after the roswell event, many witnesses began to come forward telling the same story 'that a ufo crashed, alien bodies were recovered along with wreckage of a craft, and that the U.S millitary told them in no uncertain terms to keep they're mouths shut' Most of the oldtimers from roswell are dead and gone now, a lot of them swore on their deathbeds to what they had seen in 1947.

There are many intriguing ufo incidents that have taken place over the years that merit true scientifc examination. If you look into the subject seriously and develop the skills necessary to filter out all the junk that goes hand in hand with the subject, you may be suprised just how much genuing evidence there realy is. Here is some testimony from test pilot/astronaut Gordon cooper. What he says in this clip is mindblowing, and I can see no motive whatsoever for him to have made this up.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Obviously, some of the more naive people believe that there is some imaginary "elite" of world leaders and scientists who "know" the truth and keep it hidden from the population for decades.

If you personally are of the opinion there are no elites, UFO's, or information that is kept from the public for decades. And that everything in this world is as it appears to be on the surface. Then I believe you are well within your rights as a human being to believe that way.

I personally believe that 99% of sightings are nothing. And another .9% are most likely black budget projects. I leave .1% for the possibility of non-terrestrial craft. But here's the thing. It's my opinion. And that's all it is.

I cannot speak definitively on the subject. Unlike some here at ATS. But I don't belittle those who aren't of my opinion naive. And tell them they're believing in imaginary things because they believe different than I do. Or they ID something as ET that turns out not to be. It happens. Do some go overboard? YES! On both sides of this debate. Not just one.

To me. This is naive. And living in an imaginary world. But that is only my opinion.

edit on 10/3/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Who knows..there might be reports where it says that UFOs are indeed real but those reports are hidden from the public.

Yes, there are "reports where it says that UFOs are indeed real".

No, those reports are not "hidden from the public".

On the contrary, reports containing such statements can be found on government websites - if you look in the right places.

(Then there's the issue as to what "UFO" means in such reports...)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Flexy123: I find your opinion entirely remarkable. I have no intention of bashing you or anybody holding similar views. I do, however, pose this question directly to you: If it could be demonstrated that there are credible reports from credible people that their does exist a core of individuals who possess extraordinary information concerning UFOs AND that much of this information has been withheld from the public for a long time, would you still hold on firmly to your position? IS there any flexibility on the matter as far as you're concerned or is your word likely to closely resemble the final word on the matter regardless of any other information presented which may be contrary to your view? Thank you.

[I have spent years studying the written/published testimony of those whose credentials are beyond reproach. What I have read seems to suggest there is much to be disclosed and one of the biggest problems had been how best to make those disclosures.]

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

no? you sure about that?

www.youtube.com... canadian defence minister disclosure.
www.youtube.com... fox news discussing brazillian disclosure.
www.youtube.com... uk prime minister talking about belgian disclosure.
www.youtube.com... Minister Louis farrakham discussing ufos/disclosure.

www.youtube.com... ufo crashing. the voices on the clip are referring to "it".

not been visited by anything? i suspect you need to open your eyes.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

For the sake of it, let's assume YES there are Aliens and UFOs, and also let's assume that UFOs are indeed craft used by those aliens.

It is more likely that "the government", NASA etc. might indeed be aware of their presence, there are military accounts, credible accounts by credible people. Who knows..there might be reports where it says that UFOs are indeed real but those reports are hidden from the public.

But the point is: "They" don't know what the Alien visitor's intentions are. They don't know where they come from. They don't even know whether they are Aliens from other planets or, heck, coming from somewhere else, another dimension or whatever.

Don’t you think that when "the government", NASA etc. might indeed be aware of the presence of Aliens here on Earth, despite they do not know what the Alien visitor's intentions are, that no doubt Earthshaking news alone would be more than enough to disclose?
edit on 3/10/11 by spacevisitor because: did some adding

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Maybe there's just nothing to disclose? Maybe the gouvernments of the world have been observing those things for years but have gained no more inteligence than that those things are there. After all, if an alien probe would cross our solar system, chances are we wouldn't even take notice. So maybe they just don't know enough to disclose anything, I mean, what headline would it be if the USAF would announce "We've seen something in the sky"...?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow, thank you OP. Finally some level of intellectual comment from the Aliens/UFOs section of ATS. I do only have one slight thing to disagree with you about, technically the governments of the world have "disclosed" most of what they know about UFOs.

The problem is that the people crying for disclosure have a specific concept of the information that they should be told (i.e. Aliens are here and that governments are in cahoots, you know the whole MJ-12/Alien Abduction/Area 51/Dulce Base stuff?), so that when the government comes out and says something to the effect of "Yeah so we picked up some unknowns on radar and tracked them", all the various Disclosure people hear is the government "lying" about the existence of Zeta Reticulans.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join