It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This El Hierro eruption is VERY real!! They arent letting on how serious

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Recently I had a very lucid dream about a volcanic eruption, kinda odd, but not going to read too much into it. It was scary to say the least.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Take it for what it is, but they say that it will not be a serious eruption and even suggest that the island could use one..

Canary Island Volcanic Eruption
edit on 30-9-2011 by ascending12 because: Fixed link

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Maybe we should be connecting some dots here. Dot: The hotspot in the Earth's Crust under the Canary Islands is about to let go. Dot: There's a really big Homeland Security drill planned for Denver, the Mile High City, in Colorado, in the immediate future. Dot: All the various security outfits will be represented there, one mile above sea level. Think about it! If the Gov't is worried that a Krakatoa class underwater eruption, of the 1883 event's power, will knock the western flank of the Cumbre de Viejo edifice into the Atlantic and send a monster Tsunami aimed at Florida, the Gulf States and Upwards along the low lying Atlantic Seaboard of the U.S., then a major coffee klatch in Denver would be a good excuse for the real players to congregate there, just in time. I don't believe they will have any leeway, if a magma chamber ruptures and a cubic mile of seawater rushes in, as was supposed at Krakatoa, in 1883. The previous planning supposed a super heating of the Dikes in the Cumbre de Viejo would let the west flank slide away into the sea. But this is a brand new Joker in the Deck. A really massive blow out, may run up and down the faults along the slowly drifting hotspot, and surprise everyone, without any warning from the Viejo volcano, itself. So the last and most wicked dot is that the rupture of the crust at the newbie site, may also mask the Viejo's flank sliding into the sea. Depending on the winds aloft, the newbie undersea blowout, may even camouflage the well known threat from the Cumbre' de Viejo's western flanks. But on a lighter note, all those Gitmo detainees will be the very first to get the glub-glub gnews!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by carpooler

The Denver exercise already happened.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
there are only two things that can cause a volcano, chemical reaction or a radioactive reaction.

Chemical reaction, sodium and water mixing in a high pressure chamber.

Radioactive reaction, radioactive materials mixing with water in a high pressure chamber.

To stop a volcano with only a little bit of water, build what is called a Reich cloudbuster and aim it towards the volcano. It'll freeze before anything else happens.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
there are only two things that can cause a volcano, chemical reaction or a radioactive reaction.

Radioactive reaction, radioactive materials mixing with water in a high pressure chamber.

To stop a volcano with only a little bit of water, build what is called a Reich cloudbuster and aim it towards the volcano. It'll freeze before anything else happens.

And here I just thought that magma under extreme pressure caused eruptions.

Why would anyone want to stop a volcano?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This wouldn't affect La Palma would it???

With all the hype about the island falling into the ocean and causing a tidal wave, I wonder... as they are pretty close to each other.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

And here I just thought that magma under extreme pressure caused eruptions.

Why would anyone want to stop a volcano?

Thats after a eruption happens..When the lava is on the ground moving around..then you can freeze it,,Not when its flying out of the volcano...LOL..that's crazy..Saw it on a movie

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
I have no link im afraid, just a message I was passed on by some 'experts'.

YEs ive read those stories that have been published about 'movement', my point is that behind the scenes they are far more concerned about it than they are telling us.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)

Something like what the "officials in Japan said", this is what your story reminds me of, how they said they had it under control as the world watch something very different happening!

*a star for you, good topic!
edit on 30-9-2011 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
This threat is real, not saying it will be cataclysmic, but if something of that scale happened under the sea surely there would be some sort of tsunami?
edit on 29-9-2011 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)

Regarding the tsunami question:

The vast majority of the tremors have been recorded in the northwest of the 278.5-square-kilometre island at El Golfo, the location of a massive landslide that created a 100-metre high tsunami almost 50,000 years ago.

Source:www.myweathertech.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
can you link me to a thread where they talk about how dreams come true?

AND

landslide that created a 100-metre high tsunami almost 50,000 years ago.

curious as to how they figured that it actually caused a tsunami?

OR is it cumming for elenin!

edit on 30-9-2011 by du5ky because: (no reason given)

AND CHECK THIS OUT:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-9-2011 by du5ky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think the big issue is whether or not the earthquakes will cause a chunk of one of the islands to break off and create a mega-tsunami that could wipe out a lot of real estate.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I loved your link... one thing that stood out to me right away and I am not sure I really understand it is...

The fear is that there could be a possible volcanic eruption on the island of El Hierro, but the Councillor for Security, María del Carmen Morales, called for calm. ‘These seismic movements are normal given that we are on a yellow alert and we have never seen a similar crisis’. She said that more movements were expected over the next few days given that the magma has been estimated to be active 15 kms below the surface. They estimate the possibility of a volcanic eruption to be 15%. Read more: www.typicallyspanish.com...

So this is all perfectly normal but they have never seen a situation like this previously.

It reminds me of a scene from the movie Armageddon.

Man 1: This is normal!

Man 2: How would you know?

Man 1: Ok this isn't normal?

Man 2: What do you mean it isn't normal?

Man 1: It's way worse!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When I first came to ATS topics like these, I would take them serious. But now I see how ridiculous each and everyone of them is. If its not Elenin, or planet X, it's an about to happen earthquake in California, then LA and now this. Just plain ridiculous. "Oh no! An earthquake! They're not telling us anything"

It's like some members here are just waiting for some big disaster to occur. Something to break the chain of the dreadful boredom of everyday to day life. Disaster tourism is another form entertainment and distraction.
edit on 30-9-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

Who is flagging this anyway?

WAIT ,,, this is coming from a person that regularly posts on earthquakes ? Are you jealous ? Seriously, whats wrong with you ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And not to mention the fact that this post was better put together, you know writing something of your own instead of just copy, and paste from earthquake.gov , you know that kind of thing.

edit on 30-9-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

maybe you're right , la palma is only famously 'dangerous' because the bbc decided to go there and pick up some geologists .
who were on a disaster tourism trip of sorts , too.
when they start talking 50 000 years ago , or longer than that , it is time to stop listening . the last serious global natural disasters were more like 2500 and-3500 years ago .
knowing in advance about these stories , is more what ats is about than doomsaying , or being entertained . if you let the msm get on with all the reporting you have got no hope of getting straight facts .
and thats facts about the world sir , not a video game of some sort , is it .

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Not facts, speculation.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Well thats because you are being pessimistic and it clearly not doing you any good .

Try some of this _+1

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

haha! "....for life is quit absurd and death is the final word..." "...life's a piece of #, when you look at it.." Epic!

Thanks for this reminder.

Anyway really this just represents my entire point.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I totally agree with your comments. I personally come here to read the stories and see how people respond. For me it's mostly just entertaining, you shouldn't take any of it too seriously. I have to say even though most of the members seem okay, there are a few that are a little scary. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join