It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This El Hierro eruption is VERY real!! They arent letting on how serious

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
After no activity at all, La Palma has had two earthquakes in the last 24hrs. I sure don't like the sound of that.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakingThatAss
After no activity at all, La Palma has had two earthquakes in the last 24hrs. I sure don't like the sound of that.

Hi do you have a like to this info?
Thank you

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Yes, sure. It is a Spanish website, but you can change it to English if you want. I have been following the earthquakes since July as I live on the coast of Spain so if there was going to be a catastrophic eruption and Tsunami I going to want to know pretty quickly as you can imagine!!

Please see link below, if you look on the map, El hierro is obviously the one that has all the yellow dots on it, but if you look across to the left of the map where La Palma is, there have been two earthquakes after nothing at all. Not sure if it means anything.

www.ign.es...#

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
friend's brother lives near Vandenberg, does security software work there...see email....

"Not to cause a panic, but my brother was telling me about El Hierro--it is a volcanic island in the Canary Islands which has had 700 earthquakes in the last week. He says that the government including the USGS is keeping it quiet so as not to cause a panic, but if it erupts, it could cause a tsunami on the east coast a kilometer high. Military is already on alert. "

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
friend's brother lives near Vandenberg, does security software work there...see email....

"Not to cause a panic, but my brother was telling me about El Hierro--it is a volcanic island in the Canary Islands which has had 700 earthquakes in the last week. He says that the government including the USGS is keeping it quiet so as not to cause a panic, but if it erupts, it could cause a tsunami on the east coast a kilometer high. Military is already on alert. "

If this kind of eruption is going to happen, a 1km high tsunami wave on your east coast is realy the last thing to worry about.

Fearmongering here, gj!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here's a link to monitoring for El Hierro. It's in Spanish.

www.01.ign.es...

Here's an example of the data to be found there:

edit on 10/23/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here is the latest from canariesnews

54 earthquakes hit El Hierro yesterday, largest 3.1 on Richter as volcanic eruption process restarts.

24/10/2011 @ 10:00 – The volcanic eruption on El Hierro is showing new signs of activity with ‘bubbling’ effects on the sea surface and the magma that has been present just under the sea surface is changing colour. Through official statements it has been said that while magma is still being released from the underwater eruption, the volcano is ‘cooling down’. The vessel “Ramón Margalef” which belongs to the Instituto Español de Oceanografía was due to arrive at the port of ‘La Estaca’ to continue taking samples and analysing underwater volcano eruption

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join