It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

John Leary lives near Rochester, New York. He is a father and grandfather. He has both a spiritual director and a pastor who confirm that he is emotionally balanced and a Roman Catholic in good standing.

I have a hard time believing this guy is getting true prophetic revelations.

Remember many will come as false prophets like this John Leary guy...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by colbe

John Leary lives near Rochester, New York. He is a father and grandfather. He has both a spiritual director and a pastor who confirm that he is emotionally balanced and a Roman Catholic in good standing.

I have a hard time believing this guy is getting true prophetic revelations.

Remember many will come as false prophets like this John Leary guy...

Roman Catholic... Nuff said.... Grab your rosaries, or beads and confess them up your.... beeep....lol

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There is a place of purgation. All souls in Purgatory are destined for Heaven.

Matt. 12:32 – Jesus says, “And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.” Jesus thus clearly provides that there is forgiveness after death. The phrase “in the next” (from the Greek “en to mellonti”) generally refers to the afterlife (see, for example, Mark 10.30; Luke 18.30; 20.34-35; Eph. 1.21 for similar language). Forgiveness is not necessary in heaven, and there is no forgiveness in hell. This proves that there is another state after death, and the Church for 2,000 years has called this state purgatory.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by colbe

'Maintain close communication with us. We will provide specific directions to the faithful ones. We will not allow them to suffer extreme torment of body and soul beyond their capacity to endure.'

That is rubbish scaremongering,
'For the meantime, I will not disclose all specific plans as to the timing and nature of acts to be done on our part to aid the faithful ones but content yourselves with the thought that all of you my faithful ones are always in our minds'

Haven't a clue to what that means, except that decent human beings, who are not of the 'faithful' are next best and maybe Kaput. Sounds just like the NWO guys!

The first sentence is about prayer smurfy. You can pray, talk to God. The second
sentence, no one is going to escape Tribulation.

Matthew 5:45
That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who maketh his sun to rise upon the good, and bad, and raineth upon the just and the unjust.

And...to me, I could be wrong, God is referring to evil and their plans to torture Christians.
The last sentence is trust in God's protection, have faith. You can do that, choose to
trust God.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Is reincarnation a christian belief , i've always thought it was an eastern religious concept?
purgatory , isnt that a catholic belief.?

Im not too big on religion you see, read the bible once and thought it was like any other story book

Sapien,

Reincarnation is not Christian.

Just as it is appointed that human beings die once, and after this the judgment ... (Hebrews 9:27)

1013 Death is the end of man's earthly pilgrimage, of the time of grace and mercy which God offers him so as to work out his earthly life in keeping with the divine plan, and to decide his ultimate destiny. When "the single course of our earthly life" is completed,[584] we shall not return to other earthly lives: "It is appointed for men to die once."[585] There is no "reincarnation" after death.
Catechism of the Catholic Church

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
[Apocalypticism is a dangerous ism. Throughout history people have been interpreting world events as gods opportunity to rid the world of evil. The fact that anyone maintains this belief is insane. The definition of insane: same players, expecting different results.

The results will always be the same. unfortunately, god isn't going to help us. Any problems in this lifetime will need to be addressed within the realm of reality.

Real people, effecting real, positive change. Whether they be Gay, Lesbian, or any colour in the rainbow.

Edit: Sorry, smury! I forget myself
edit on 2-10-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I share a recent Non-Catholic Christian message. I don't think this refers to our judgment at death but the soon Great Warning. Every soul on the earth will see their life shown them by God. Like an NDE life review. If you turn to God in this experience the prophecies will be fulfilled. Millions will be changed and as Our Lord said on September 29th to a Catholic messenger who hears much about the Great Warning.

"The Warning draws closer please ask My beloved followers to pray and rejoice with thanks for the great mercy which My Eternal Father has granted to mankind.

It will be because of this glorious act of pure love that more of mankind can be saved to enjoy the era of peace on earth. Be thankful that you are living in these times for millions of you will be saved who, otherwise, would never have entered the gates of Heaven."

_ _ _ _ _

Prepare yourselves now. Buy from me gold refined by fire.

Posted on September 24, 2011 by Kevin Barrett

In my time of prayer and repentance this morning the Lord spoke to me and said these words: Tell my people the time is short, yes very short. They must prepare themselves. Many of my people are deceived into thinking that they are right with Me. But I tell you the truth, I am a Holy God and I accept nothing less than pure holiness from my people. Their hearts must be right with their God to make it through the days ahead. There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth as darkness begins to cover the land. My people are not prepared. My shepherds have not prepared my sheep.

Word from Jesus:

Seek Me, my people, with all your heart. Rend your hearts to me. I love you, my people, with an everlasting love and do not desire that any should perish. But I tell you the truth; my people MUST be made right with their God. I am sending a fire that will burn up all that is not of me. And who can stand on this day of burning. I tell you the truth, my people, you are lukewarm and not hot, therefore I will spew you out of My mouth. You have been deceived by the shepherds that teach you that all is well. Do not listen to the hirelings. Come to me and allow me to examine your hearts. For surely I see all. Nothing is hidden from My sight. I tell you again, my people, shake yourself awake and buy from Me gold refined by fire. For surely I am meek and lowly of heart and will not cast out any that seek me with a whole heart. But woe unto the deceived. Who has bewitched you into thinking that I shall not judge you? For I shall judge you with a rod of iron and you will cry out to me that day that you did not know. But I tell you that you do. You have sought after teachers and prophets that will speak lies of comfort and deceit. I tell you that I will NOT find you guiltless on that day of your judgment. So I say, judge yourselves now so that you will not be judged. For when I judge you, it will not be pleasant. I love you, my people, and do not desire to have to bring judgment upon my people. But I am a righteous and Holy God and I must judge righteously those that do not judge themselves.

hearhisheart.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What is the aim of God in visiting mankind with destructive calamities?

"To make men advance more quickly. Have we not told you that destruction is necessary to the moral regeneration of spirits, who accomplish a new step of their purification in each new existence? In order to appreciate any process correctly, you must see its results. You judge merely from your personal point of view, and you therefore regard those inflictions as calamities, because of the temporary injury they cause you; but such upsettings are often needed in order to make you reach more quickly a better order of things, and to effect, in a few years, what you would otherwise have taken centuries to accomplish."

Could not God employ other methods than destructive calamities for effecting the amelioration of mankind?

"Yes; and He employs them every day, for He has given to each of you the means of progressing through the knowledge of good and evil. It is because man profits so little by those other means, that it becomes necessary to chastise his pride, and to make him feel his weakness."

-- But the good man succumbs under the action of these scourges, as does the wicked; is this just?

"During his earthly sojourn, man measures everything by the standard of his bodily life; but, after death, he judges differently, and feels that the life of the body, as we have often told you, is a very small matter. A century in your world is but the length of a flash in eternity, and therefore the sufferings of what you call days, months, or years, are of no importance; let this be a lesson for your future use. Spirits are the real world, pre-existent to, and surviving, everything else; they are the children of God, and the object of all His solicitude; and bodies are only the disguises under which they make their appearances in the corporeal world. In the great calamities that decimate the human race, the sufferers are like an army that, in the course of a campaign, sees its clothing tattered, worn out, or lost. The general is more anxious about his soldiers than about their coats."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It is God who is the punisher.

It is Jesus who is the Saviour.

So if you ask Jesus to save you, and if you ask truly, He will.

But if you don't, maybe God the avenger is there.

And I include all religions - whatever names they call their deities.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!!

Its Thor and Zeus who are the real gods and savior.

Next in command is the Jolly Green Giant who magically impregnated Snow White who had another savoir but this one was for the dwarfs and little people of the world.

Get your god characters correct please.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!!

Its Thor and Zeus who are the real gods and savior.

Next in command is the Jolly Green Giant who magically impregnated Snow White who had another savoir but this one was for the dwarfs and little people of the world.

Get your god characters correct please.

I love you.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

"During his earthly sojourn, man measures everything by the standard of his bodily life; but, after death, he judges differently, and feels that the life of the body, as we have often told you, is a very small matter. A century in your world is but the length of a flash in eternity, and therefore the sufferings of what you call days, months, or years, are of no importance; let this be a lesson for your future use. Spirits are the real world, pre-existent to, and surviving, everything else; they are the children of God, and the object of all His solicitude; and bodies are only the disguises under which they make their appearances in the corporeal world. In the great calamities that decimate the human race, the sufferers are like an army that, in the course of a campaign, sees its clothing tattered, worn out, or lost. The general is more anxious about his soldiers than about their coats."

We (spirits) are just visitors for a short period of time... a blink of an eye, if you will. Each suffering may indeed advance the soul much quicker by coming to Earth where there is much suffering. I think of it like this....ALL of time is obtainable by spirits and we can choose which planet to go to at any given "time" for the advancement of our "purpose" which imo is to advance to the "God Head". It is exciting to ponder....that is for sure.
edit on 2-10-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't disagree that this world is going to hell in a handbasket in regards to morality, but I do remember my bible lessons as a little girl:

Matthew 7:15
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

Matthew 24
4,5: And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

11: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

When I was a little girl, I used to be terrified of displeasing God. I was complexed over it. I had visions of Armageddon unfolding, and because I had a bad thought here and there, I would be destroyed.
As I grew older, I began to realize just WHAT constitutes pure evil and the enormous difference of those that make little mistakes here and there but try to correct their lives. I do my best not to judge others, and instead focus on being a good person that my children can look up to. Hopefully the meek shall indeed inherit the earth.

I was also taught to pay no attention to my dreams by my congregation heads..that dreams mean nothing. I remember asking why is the bible full of men and women having prophetic dreams, if they mean nothing? They would reply that times were different.
On September 30th (two days ago), I had a dream that I was in San Francisco and it was about to be hit by a tsunami. I heeded the warning and left, of course and took my family to higher ground. You can find my dream in the Dreams section on ATS. Just thought that was a strange coincidence (?) in regards to this thread.

edit on 2-10-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Ok so are you just going to ignore me when I ask you nicely to answer my question ?
Why are athesits destroying the world ?

you ignored it when I asked the first time although you did say that athesits and fanatics are already doing a good job of destroying the world.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Just in case I missed your religious beliefs in full , do you believe in the christian god ?
or just in the concept of God , and spirits?

As in you have a soul /spirit and your soul or spirit is reincarnated in many ways until you reach a certain potential and when you do you ascend to some higher form of existance.?

similar to buddhist and egyptian reincarnation, your soul must be good and pure in order to attain the the required energy to ascend to pure energy or something like that?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i personally think that humankind in general are all false prophets, the fact is, if god or Jesus needed to send a message to us, they could do it so as we would all hear it from within ourselves, no man or woman has the right to say they speak the word of god, why would god need anyone of us to speak for him?...lets face it humans by nature are built to survive therefore greedy, we do what we must to survive, i personally do not think that god would like to put fear into people, there may be disasters to tests peoples ability to love and care and heal, but never just to put fear into people, and also i could not see him slandering people such as OP does...im sad to say i used to believe in god, but now im...well...now i don't, at least not the one that we are taught about. i think most religious fanatics and extremists are more afraid of going to hell and thats the only reason they claim they live their life by the word of god, if your only doing good to receive good in return then your just being selfish and you aren't true in what your doing...if you give a homeless person $10 and think YES GOD WILL HAVE APPRECIATED THAT, HEAVEN HERE I COME!!!! then your simply trying to buy your way into heaven...if you give the Homeless person $10 and think...he may not spend this on the food it is intended for, but for what ever it is used for, i have made this person's life a little bit better, even if you don't approve of what that money is used for, you've prevented them from having to steal or rob someone, or potentially hurt someone or even themselves...i don't believe a lot of people who claim to be gods children even think that far, they simply reason it to "It's What God Will Want"...true...but he would want you to be sincere in doing so, having the real want to do it...not the fear of what would happen if you didn't...to truly care, i think that's a big part of what god's message is...imagine the stories of god and jesus without those of heaven and hell...still with the message of his word, but no promise of anything for following or not following...i do not see why god would need to tempt anyone with the promise of eternal life in heaven or threaten them with eternal burning in hell...simply that...if you are a good person, then these words i speak will not need to be heard because you will simply embody them already...i believe at one point he may have spoken to us, but i also believe humankind is corrupt, and would warp anything if it prolongs survival of ones self...why do we need such a long book as the bible...his word was simple i believe...to be just and loving and honest to everyone...EVERYONE...we are all his children or meant to be are we not?...i do not believe our creator who supposedly made us in his image would discriminate against the various aspects of what could only be parts of whom he is, for he would have never put those which you presume to be flaws into us if he himself did not accept them, so spread yhis message...but remember it is simply that...his message, only a human could be so vain and arrogant to think themselves worthy enough to speak for god...i suppose thats why i don't...i only have opinions such as every single other post speaking on his behalf, hell even the pope, covered in gold living in luxury as others suffer is just reaping the rewards that us the followers freely give out in the supposed name of god and fear of eternal burning...its sad really...he must truly think he's speaking god's truth, they say common sense is good to use in situations like this...we are meant to love people no matter what "sin" they may be engulfed by, pray for them, not threaten them, god himself will pass what ever judgement he sees fit, clearly "homosexuals" which by the way, that word, is not versed in the bible at all, infact another word of which the meaning is not 100% known is used, anyway homosexuals are not in some kind of trance or anything, they know what they are doing, they are people after all, leave them be, and if any judgement is to be passed it shall, i simply think this john leary person hates them personally, and choose to slander them and claim its the word of god such as human kind has done for far to long now, i believe him to be a follower of church...not god.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Anonymuz because: misspellings

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
When did Jesus say this and to whom? You got to be kidding? Did you really come up with that all by yourself?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am genuinely shocked and embarrassed that this ridiculous comment has recieved so much attention, Jesus plans to release an autobiography at the time of his return, this dude is probably his editor and has inside info. As for the destruction of N.Y. and S.F i can think of a few other targets he is probably missing though im sure every 2 horse town fits the criteria. For those who are unaware the biblical stories to which he refers i.e. Noah, are actually highly edited versions of ancient sumerian texts where much can be learned and many things religious put into context. Just my 2 penneth worth and my first and last comment on what is surely the dodgiest thread ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join