It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by mudbeed

Keep on laughing. God is NOT mocked. If I were you, I'd go and repent right now and ask Jesus into your heart. Now. Before its too late.

Any "god" that sends people to eternal suffering for a mere lack of faith or petty sins is a sadistic tyrant and even worse than the devil as he's described.

So that's that. I don't take advice from people who worship cackling demons.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Wrath because: i like cake

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
"YEAH, LETS KILL GOD!"

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Ironclad, say a prayer to God, ask Him it is a fact...I can't convince you.

Another denial the homosexual "act" is a grave sin against God. It's been revealed in the Old and the New
Covenant. You choose not to believe. God is merciful, with true repentance confess this grave sin to God
before you die. How difficult is that to do? Don't follow those who reject the Truth.

Fabulous... those stupid old books that vaguely condemn everything fun and good supposedly have some passages that can be wrongly interpreted in a way that generates hate against a whole subsection of society who has done nothing to offend the haters in question.

Sounds like you fell hook, line, and sinker for the biggest load of crock that has ever been twisted.

Christian god sucks. If your going to condemn homosexuality, you might as well take the entire bible at face value...... or maybe learn to think for yourself.

Dear Dr. Laura

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I
have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that
Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other
specific laws and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors.
They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in
her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is,
how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend
of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can
you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated
to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don.t agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I
have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room
here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.
19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing
garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester
blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really
necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town
together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn.t we just burn them to
death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with
their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident
you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is
eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,
Jack

Why cant I own a Canadian?

edit on 1-10-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

"Christian god sucks" did you say,
I have a feeling that you is slightly confused, there's only the one God, and Christians don't have the monoply on him, in fact it was Moses, a jew who may be the only person that God spoke to, (you can argue about that, if you want) when he gave him the ten commandments. So it's the commandments that describe what is wrongdoing, and as interpreted by the Christian church for instance, they are not explicit enough for any Christian to be able to make a judgement on same sex relationships, and on the other hand they do not deal with those things like incest either, and which humans consider wrong, without recourse to God's word.

The book of priests, (Leveticus) then, is left to do all the nasty stuff, and fill in the 'gaps' but it is not the word of God, and was written over a long time. Moses only may have had some input, (you can argue about that too)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

lol. That was pretty dumb. I think its you who are confused.

There is certainly more then one god, if there is that many at all. Different faiths have different gods. Theres your old Pagan gods, of which there are many. Theres your ancient greek gods, roman gods, and then theres the Judao-christian god. There is also the Muslim god.... Hindu god... Native american deities.... I could go on for quite some time.

Just because YOU think there is only one god, does not make it so. Hate to burst your bubble.

To me, there is no god, just the impossible, unimaginable conditions that brought about the beginning of existence.

I dont care to argue about the word of god, because all that matters is that the King James version of the bible is taken to be the word of god by modern christians, the OP included. Weather or not moses played checkers with god is unimportant, and probably just another part of the grand fiction.

Your poor grammar is evidence to your ignorance, and self-agrandized attitude towards religion is evidence to your stupidity.

Just to clarify: CHRISTIAN GOD SUCKS!
edit on 1-10-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

If God is a supreme being, to us humans then there is only that God. If there are other supreme beings, then to use Bill Clinton's words, "nobody told me about it" You said Christian God Sucks, if that's the case then the Jewish, Islamic and perhaps others also suck as it is the same referenced God as alluded to in those writings as assembled in what is known as the bible. (In the case of Islam, Jesus Christ is also Messianic to them) More than that, I can't tell you, but if you are part of a religious sect you don't get to pick your God, or in some cases a Messiah? on the other hand, if you are on the outside and looking in, you have plenty of choice if you want to sign up.

Just to add, I didn't say what I believe in, if anything in particular. You are making the presumptions. BTW, it's "whether or not" as far as the spelling goes, and the actual phrase is not so good either, but I'll forgive you that, as I've dunnit meself.

edit on 1-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

One day in the life of Brahma en.wikipedia.org...

One day in the life of Brahma is called a Kalpa or 4.32 billion years.[1][2]

he generally accepted age for the Earth and the rest of the solar system is about 4.55 billion years (plus or minus about 1%). This value is derived from several different lines of evidence.

www.talkorigins.org...

So one day in the life of Brahma is about equal to the age of the earth, give or take a few million years.
edit on 1-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Bull#.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Aftermath of The Warning

Thursday 29th September 2011 20.45 hours

My dearly beloved daughter as The Warning draws closer please ask My beloved followers to pray and rejoice with thanks for the great mercy which My Eternal Father has granted to mankind.

It will be because of this glorious act of pure love that more of mankind can be saved to enjoy the era of peace on earth. Be thankful that you are living in these times for millions of you will be saved who, otherwise, would never have entered the gates of Heaven.

The preparations are complete. Prepare your homes with Blessed candles and a supply of water and food to last for a couple of weeks. Theaftermathwill be difficult but you must not be frightened. Instead be relieved for the suffering is to be offered in thanksgiving for the eternal life which is now being afforded to My precious souls who embrace this great gift.

Be at peace. Trust in Me for remember I am your Saviour and offer those faithful souls protection at every moment. I walk with you. I guide you. I hold your hands with tender love. You are Mine and I will never let you go from My sacred heart. You, My followers are surrounded with the graces you need to survive The Warning.

Your beloved Jesus

Saviour and Redeemer of all of Mankind

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

Things are going to be pretty bad in the world at the time of the Warning. Thinking about the "aftermath", after the Warning. Posting a message from Heaven which helps describe the "aftermath." Trust in God, if you in
faith put aside some water, food and other necessities, God will provide, He will multiply what you have.

All the replies, a few believe, please, everyone else just remember.

Message from God The Father to Lec of the Philippines

Message from the Father May 23, 2008
6:50 AM

Son, I am not going to delay anymore the fulfillment of prophetic events as you
will be a witness to their unfolding from day to day.

The events happening will reach their peak when the Son of Perdition finally is
allowed to come into the scene, yet he will not be alone.

Set against him will be my Two Chosen Witnesses who will expose the Anti-Christ
as the real enemy of the soul. The Anti-Christ will come amidst the dire
condition of severe worldwide lack of food, energy, financial chaos and
impending big conflicts. He will offer seemingly credible solutions to
mankind's woes and many will listen to him.

As times get worse, he will initiate a proposal for the marking of all people in
the guise of efficient resource allocation. I have repeatedly warned in the
past thru my messengers and I reiterate, "DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE MARKED".

Better to die of hunger and thirst than to go to Gehenna but I have been
warning my people through all these years PREPARE..because all of these
prophesied events will come to pass.

Maintain close communication with us. We will provide specific directions to
the faithful ones. We will not allow them to suffer extreme torment of body and
soul beyond their capacity to endure.

For the meantime, I will not disclose all specific plans as to the timing and
nature of acts to be done on our part to aid the faithful ones but content
yourselves with the thought that all of you my faithful ones are always in our
minds.

Go in peace!

The Father Message Reception Ended: 7:15 AM Duration: 25 Minutes

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

'Maintain close communication with us. We will provide specific directions to
the faithful ones. We will not allow them to suffer extreme torment of body and
soul beyond their capacity to endure.'

That is rubbish scaremongering,

'For the meantime, I will not disclose all specific plans as to the timing and
nature of acts to be done on our part to aid the faithful ones but content
yourselves with the thought that all of you my faithful ones are always in our
minds'

Haven't a clue to what that means, except that decent human beings, who are not of the 'faithful' are next best and maybe Kaput. Sounds just like the NWO guys!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ok so lets set aside the debate on the existance of gods!

what does believing in god actually do for you , that cant be achieved in your life by not believing in god ?
any religous person care to answer this one ?

seems to me that you could spend a large part of your life being devoted to religion , than actually spent living your life as with the extra time you would have not doing religious things .
It;s like watching a movie , then it gets really crap and you wish you hadnt bothered watching it , but you cant stop because your hooked on some really boring factor , like you just have to know if the guy gets the girl or who killed the old lady in apartment 5a!

Religion seems to be some form of narcotic , hearing religious people talk about how great it is , when life is just as great without it !

the non "drug " taking population i.e. the non religious people are watching you suffer at the hands of the "crack" of religion and you dont want to admit you have a problem.
Then we have the other drug takers who have a different drug and you argue over who;s is best , or whose gets you highest and has the best euphoria , then you get mad and angry then kill each other over it .

Then you all start tripping out hating gays and non drug takers because they cant see the wonderful bliss that you are enjoying

all im saying is try putting down the pipe for a while !

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So when are people supposed to stock up on twinkies? Will god commit genocide tomorrow, in a week, a month? Because all those boxes of twinkies will take a lot of space...bit of a hassle. A fix date would be cool

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

God is not coming to destroy the world. atheists and Fanatical tards do that well enough on their own.

Xyz, I dont know where you get you opinions and information from but it is highly flawed and slightly deranged.

If you are going to speak for atheists maybe lose the animosity you have.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
reply to post by MrXYZ

God is not coming to destroy the world. atheists and Fanatical tards do that well enough on their own.

How exactly are atheists destroying the world ?
id say it was more the religious fanatics alone that take care of that

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

The predominance of the animal nature over the spiritual nature, and the desire of satisfying his passions. In the barbaric state, the various peoples know no other right than that of the strongest; and their normal condition is, therefore, that of war. As men progress, war becomes less frequent, through their avoidance of the causes which lead to it; and when it becomes inevitable, they wage it more humanely."

Will wars ever cease on the earth?

"Yes; when men comprehend justice, and practice the law of God; all men will then be brothers."

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Xyz, I dont know where you get you opinions and information from but it is highly flawed and slightly deranged.

If you are going to speak for atheists maybe lose the animosity you have.

Well, according to that prophecy god WILL commit genocide....sooo....you might wanna re-read it

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

Xy

Well, according to that prophecy god WILL commit genocide....sooo....you might wanna re-read it

Would you mind getting a quote on that from real scriptures?

edit on 1-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by mudbeed

Keep on laughing. God is NOT mocked. If I were you, I'd go and repent right now and ask Jesus into your heart. Now. Before its too late.

Any "god" that sends people to eternal suffering for a mere lack of faith or petty sins is a sadistic tyrant and even worse than the devil as he's described.

So that's that. I don't take advice from people who worship cackling demons.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Wrath because: i like cake

What men call purgatory is also a figure of speech, that should be understood as signifying, not any determinate place, but the state of imperfect spirits who have to expiate their faults until they have attained the complete purification that will raise them to the state of perfect blessedness. As this purification is effected by means of various incarnations, purgatory consists in the trials of corporeal life.

The localization of rewards and punishments in fixed places exists only in man's imagination; it proceeds from his' tendency to materialize and to circumscribe the things of which he cannot comprehend the essential infinitude.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Ok so atheists are destroying the planet through war ?

ok so lets look at who is currently in conflict
we can start with america (ooooh) well they are in 5 conflicts right now,
also america is famed for "in god we trust" , god bless america.
Also well known for their empire building and devestation
the marines are also known for their beleif in god and how god has a "hard on" for marines.

Then we have extremist muslims , wahabi muslims waging "holy" war !

those are just two examples of the top of my head.

How many atheists do you know that are in the military , I dont know anyone in the military so thats why I ask?
Im not saying that these current conflicts are primarily because of religion yet they are factors

oh yeh forgot about Israel and palestine! religion is a major factor in that conflict , and also the main reason for the instability in the middle east.

Then we have the only other factor mans insatiable lust for wealth and power, however those things can be resolved by working together. Oh but wait , we are divided by our religious beliefs and constant conflic , so how then to work together.

You still didnt answer my question how atheists are destroying the world , because anyone can wage war regardless of their beliefs!
However most if not all men and women in war , will ask god for a blessing before they fight !

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Is reincarnation a christian belief , i've always thought it was an eastern religious concept?
purgatory , isnt that a catholic belief.?

Im not too big on religion you see, read the bible once and thought it was like any other story book

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join