It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Navy presence near US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Looks to me most of yous are cheering for war aye???

What about your mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children??? Are they also in with you on this???
I don't think so....

I bet this is the kind of world some of you prefer.

We need some peace and harmony folks, cut the crap...

edit on 28-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

I think you are confusing cheering for war with not being afraid of our enemies.
I, for one, think that we need to exhaust all options before going to war.
War is an ugly thing and affects the innocent.

However our enemies need to know just because we want to work things out doesn't mean that we are scared to fight.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is real simple. For the last few years Iran has been talking trash. The problem is that we have to honor the threat. Nobody is going to blow Iranian ships out of the water just because they came into the Atlantic, but, you have to consider their talking about putting missiles in shipping containers amongst other things, gives reasons for us to be concerned.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Haha, I know all about those companies you mentioned, I know what they do, what they build and who they build them for and even the major investors of those companies, I am no foolnor did I ever assume you were a foolfor thinking the American people needed smacked around a bit, and for that statement you are a complete fool for assuming we will just sit back and watch some Hajji try to smack the American people around.
And you are a fool to even mention "World Peace", there will "NEVER" be world peace as long as religions exist so no matter what the "Elite" will always be the "Elite". Even if one of the aformentioned companies went under there would be another to take its place. Quit spamming this thread anyway I'm surprised you haven't replied to yourself, fool.

Boy oh boy, there is no fooling you

Anyways, this statement:

you are a complete fool for assuming we will just sit back and watch some Hajji try to smack the American people around.

...shows your true colors.

Im sorry, but the word "Hajji" is an offensive and racist word, and shows your true lack of understanding of people of the Middle East and is proof that the American propaganda machine is actually working.

Just curious, when you meet people of Japanese ancestory, do you refer to them as "Japs" or "Gooks"? How about dining at a Vietnamese restruant, do you refer to all the employee's as "Charlie"? Do you avoid Oktoberfest because of all them damn "Nazi's"?

I really dont see why you wouldn't, you swallowed up the propaganda, hook, line and sinker.

Here are a couple of posters that you might really enjoy from our own infallable, democratic government that would never mislead it's own people.

Considering you used the word "fool" 5 time in a two sentence, run-on paragraph, 3 of which were directly aimed towards myself, and then this little gem I recieved last night...

Aliensdoexist just added you as a respected foe
reply forward save delete
sent: 27-9-2011 at 10:09 PM
This is an automated U2U to let you know that Aliensdoexist has just added you to their respected foe list in their myATS Extended Profile, which is a new social networking feature of ATS.

...I must wonder, did I hit a nerve?

Does the fact that America may not be perfect scare you?
Does the fact that our government used deception of it's own citizens to justify an illegal war sit a little funny?
How about the innocent people who were raped and tortured at Abu Graib, is what happened to them ok, because they are "Hajjis"?

If "terrorists" hate and despise our freedoms so much, then why is the American Government doing their jobs for them, because last time I checked, it wasn't an Afghani farmer, or a devout Muslim or even Bin Laden himself creating legislation to take our freedoms away for "our own safety", but actual people who "claim" to be true Amercians who are elected by Nationalists just like yourself?
edit on 28-9-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by JIMC5499

Good man. I'd of done the same.

In truth Persians are an interesting lot. Rich in culture and history.
Their country has poisoned them into thinking we are a great satan.
But when you talk to them they are very much like us.

Its the same mind game that most government(s) play with their citizens.

Its more so a political war then the people vs people

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe they want to test their new bottle rocket.

Iran's new missile

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Looks like some of this is starting to come to pass.

ABC NEWS LINK

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Ellis1234

If America can do it, so can they, precautions are necessary for Iran and countries these days.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Ellis1234 because: spelling

Yup whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

With any luck they oneday build a Aircraft carrier.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

alienreality
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well, The Iranian military is no match for the US military, plus the US has people much more advanced in warfare and tactics, so if some US soldiers get killed by Iranian forces, there will 100% be all out war with them, and they won't win it.

But it would be ok for the US to sink Iranian ships and kill Iranian soldiers withou them even doing anything. But if Iran responds in defence that bad and there gastly and evil?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

micmerci
reply to post by mr-lizard

On the contrary, historically, overconfidence by the American soldier is what has made America great.

overconfidence is never a good thing.

overconfidence killed 2,996 on 9/11

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

alienreality
what I did say was that Iran should be held accountable for moving warships next to American waters.

Shouldnt America be held acountable for moveing warships next to Iranian waters then?

Sorry but one rule for all.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Iranian operation hypocrisy,mission accomplished..

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
these are the largest ships in the iranian navy. 3 frigates. whilevthey do have the right to send them over our way, it would be foolish to do so. have no idea on what their standards of maintenance are, but if they were to break down in mid atlantic, they would have a big problem.

Alvand[edit]
Number Name Year Notes
71 Alvand 1971 Ex-Saam
72 Alborz 1971 Ex-Zaal
73 Sabalan 1972 Ex-Rostam

Iranian Alvand class frigate at sea.
Alvand (Saam) class (Vosper Mk5 type) Frigates (3)
Displacement: 1,540 tons full load
Dimensions: 94.5 x 11.07 x 3.25 meters (310 x 36 x 10.5 ft)
Propulsion: 2 shafts; 2 cruise diesels, 3,800 bhp (2,830 kW), 17 knots (31 km/h); 2 TM-3A
boost gas turbines, 46,000 shp (34,300 kW), 39 knots (72 km/h)
Crew: 135
Radar: AWS-1 air search
Sonar: Type 174 hull
Fire Control: 2 RTN-10X
EW: RDL-2AC intercept
Armament: 4 x C-802 (Noor), 1 114 mm DP, 1 dual 35 mm AA, 4 20 mm, 2 12.7 mm MG, 2 triple 324 mm torpedoes
UK-built. an additional ship, 74 Sahand ex-Faramarz, was lost to US forces.
Moje[edit]
Number Name Year Notes
76 Jamaran 2010 Entered Service in 2010
77 Damavand 2013 Entered Service in 2013
Moudge-class frigate (6-4 under construction)
Displacement: 1,500 tons
Dimensions: 94.5 x 11.1 x 3.25 meters
Propulsion: 2 shafts; 2 diesels; 30 knots (56 km/h);
Crew: 140
Radar: Unknown
Sonar: Unknown
Fire Control: Unknown
EW: Unknown
Countermeasures: Multiple Box Chaff Launchers, Flare Launchers
Armament:4 x C-802 (Noor) anti-ship missiles, 1 x 76 mm Fajr-27 naval gun, 1 x 40 mm AAA, 2 x 20 mm cannons, 2 x triple 324 mm torpedoes, 4 x SM-1 (Mehrab) AAM, 2 x 12.7 mm machine guns
Iranian built, they are reversed engineering of Alvand class frigates. The first one became operational in 2010 and was entered into service in the Persian gulf, and the second one (the Damavand) was completed in 2013 and is in service in the Caspian sea. More are under construction, to be added to the navy, in the Persian Gulf.
Sahand[edit]
Number Name Year Notes
Sahand Under construction
Sahand class frigate (1)
Displacement: 2,000 tons
Dimensions: 100 x 12 x 3.5 meters
Propulsion: 2 shafts; 4 diesels; 30 knots (56 km/h);
Crew: Unknown
Radar: Unknown
Sonar: Unknown
Fire Control: Unknown
EW: Unknown
Countermeasures: Probably a Multiple Box Chaff Launcher, and Flare Launchers
Armament:8 x C-803 (Ghader) anti-ship missiles, 1 x 76 mm Fajr-27 naval gun, 1 x 40 mm AAA, 4 x 20 mm cannons, 2 x triple 324 mm torpedoes, 4 x SM-1 (Mehrab) AAM, 2 x 12.7 mm machine guns
Iranian built. They are a larger, more modern, new generation of upgraded and enhanced Jamaran class frigates with a larger variety of potent armament. These guided missile frigates are designed to carry a Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopter, or two Bell-Augusta 212 helicopters. One of them (the Sahand) is being fitted-up with armament and avionics/electronics, and will be in service in 2013. There are more planned for construction.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join