It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Navy presence near US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Iran to possibly maintain its navy vessels in the Atlantic Ocean close to US. Do you think it would make any difference to the US and its policies?

IRAN_NAVY_CLOSE_TO_US

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

They can do so, but I guarantee you they'll be blown to bits at the slightest look that they're going to start monkeying around.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

“Like the arrogant powers that are present near our marine borders, we will also have a powerful presence close to American marine borders,” Read more: www.politico.com...

If America can do it, so can they, precautions are necessary for Iran and countries these days.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Ellis1234 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The general population of the U.S. could stand a cold smack in the face as to what it is like to be staring down to barrel of a cannon at all times.

I live in Florida, I wouldn't mind this because, guess what? I trust Iran's navy more than my own. Period. Here in America, I see so many people who are not ignorant to the truth, who know what is really happening around the world, between the lines.

Then, I see people that are just plain idiotic, and give the general population of the U.S. a horrible name. I am not that guy, I won't be calling for attacks until attacked, and, to be honest, "do unto others... blah blah don't be an asshole" is where I rest my case.

HOWEVER, should an attack occur on the innocent civilians, I would agree to a removal of the maritime forces.

Just some very quick thoughts on the matter, nothing definite, just opinions from me.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

They will be shadowed by submarines, satellites and surface ships.
I hope that they like the thought of being blown out of the water at any second.

Iran is like a pimple on a elephants butt. Slightly annoying but easily taken care of.
edit on 27-9-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
reply to post by hp1229

I live in Florida, I wouldn't mind this because, guess what? I trust Iran's navy more than my own. Period.

Seriously? Iran's navy? Now, I agree that I'd trust most other country's navies before our own, but not Iran's. Iran, from my understanding, has very good people, but their leader is a bit of a kook.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Attacking Iran is another matter entirely. It will not be the cake walk that Iraq and Afghanistan were.

Iran, like North Korea has a fetish for missiles and 'turtles-up' when attacked.

There will be significant losses unless they are nuked.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I really trust... Well, any naval force. I did come off a bit extreme with that statement, sorry! But I have to say, I have expected something along these lines for awhile now. I don't really expect this to happen (because we just won't let it, and if it does, well, then we know somebody is about to get blasted, and it may not be Iran's navy solely).

Thank you for the calm and collected response, my friend! Nice name!
edit on 27-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Is it our Navy or our government that you do not trust? And please no "they are one in the same" response. I served 6 years in the Navy and have witnessed in action their protection of our country. Sure they have had to take morally questionable orders from our govt. from time to time but isn't it the soldier's duty to carry out all orders?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. If Iran wants to donate a nice new reef off our eastern shore it could bring some nice scuba tourism to some lucky state.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by grey580

I love these gung-ho responses from typical war cheerleaders.

In a nuclear war, you won't be able to cheer...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by EvanJP

Is it our Navy or our government that you do not trust? And please no "they are one in the same" response. I served 6 years in the Navy and have witnessed in action their protection of our country. Sure they have had to take morally questionable orders from our govt. from time to time but isn't it the soldier's duty to carry out all orders?

I trust our soldiers, most of them, I really do. I believe in the human being to make better decisions. I just don't trust those calling the shots, and as we have it today, our military branches are so divided that even generals don't know who is calling shots or putting information together. I come from a military family, I respect servicemen. To the fullest. However, having had this discussion, (with multiple family members, with rankings from retired Army Colonel to private) they tell me that the military is not the place to be right now. You will be duped.

This is merely what my friends and family in the AF and Army have told me.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
They will be sunk. The provocation will be Invented/Fabricated.
I can't believe the Iranians are so stupid.
They will provide the perfect opening to a general assault on Iran.

No doubt the "Fuhrer Netanyahu" will Invent the False flag that get America
all fired up and fighting the Iranians for them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Good for Iran. Teach those Americans a thing or two about paranoia.

Seriously, it's about time someone knocked the gormless smile from the USA. The American leaders are scumbags and think the world revolves around them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
After reading the article, the question should be asked:

How many ships are they planning to move into the Atlantic off of the Coast of the United States of America?

This will be no different then when the USSR was a super power and viewed the US as a threat, and thus started a game of chess on the world. They would move, and we would respond, then move and they would respond. Ultimately, unless they try to block shipping or take an agressive stance, like firing a weapon against the US, nothing will come of it, and pretty much be a point of being watched and ignored.

Consider the logistics of deploying a ship, navigating it to a position and then holding it, combined with trying to keep it supplied, the question should be how long can they keep it up? Even the US Navy when it does such, has to calculate everything from the food down to the fuel and all small aspects of such a maneuver, to include friendly ports of where it can go to get resupplied. Right now this is just talk and sabre rattling, nothing more.

Though I am surprised that they are positioning ships there, rather than closer in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Iran's leaders are idiots with the emotional competence of young whining girls..

I hope we blow them out of the water just for swaggering close to US territory-

This is really getting old listening to Iran shoot their mouths off..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Iran's leaders are idiots with the emotional competence of young whining girls..

I hope we blow them out of the water just for swaggering close to US territory-

This is really getting old listening to Iran shoot their mouths off..

Could say the same about you guys getting close to Iran. Guess it'd be justified if we start hearing about dead US soldiers eh?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Good for Iran. Teach those Americans a thing or two about paranoia.

Seriously, it's about time someone knocked the gormless smile from the USA. The American leaders are scumbags and think the world revolves around them.

I just don't want to be held responsible for some asshole that is making decisions without asking me

I'm twenty, I don't vote (it is POINTLESS, we all need to STOP voting and just say screw you this is OUR country, not America Inc.) I do not want to die before I get to go to the middle east myself (beautiful, amazing place).

If anything, the general world populace deserves a hit squad. I would take that job. Kill five or six psychopathic elite, save a couple hundred-thousand innocent..

Then someone just steps up to the plate to continue to deeds... That is why I said hit "squad" not hitman.

Trust me, I am leaving the U.S. very soon, I just need funds (as in enough money to get a plane ticket out of this hole, just looking for the right spot to set up camp. Camp being my humble home, my garden, my earth, our earth... I don't know, I might be a little bit wishful in my thinking in some people's eyes).
edit on 27-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well, The Iranian military is no match for the US military, plus the US has people much more advanced in warfare and tactics, so if some US soldiers get killed by Iranian forces, there will 100% be all out war with them, and they won't win it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join