It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Navy presence near US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by alienreality

Good because youre clearly wrong, they are allowed in international waters but they can be blown out of the water the minute they cross into US waters. Thats the law and the way its always been.

The US cheerleaders are throwing a tantrum because they are butthurt that Iran is doing to the US what the US has been doing to other countries for decades.

Trust me the US Navy is not intimidated by Iranian ships coming near our waters. All they are doing is giving our military more of a reason to keep their finger closer to the trigger just waiting for that one moment for them to slip up and then unleash hell. Sure our economy is screwed up but our military is just as strong as it ever was if not stronger than ever.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I feel sorry for the people of Iran, they are a great people but their leaders are heading down a treacherous path.

No kidding, to bad they aren't as perfect as America's leaders. Our leaders would never, ever take us down a treacherous path. I mean look at our banking system and social class system....total perfection

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Sure our economy is screwed up but our military is just as strong as it ever was if not stronger than ever.

Bravo! Spoken like a true nationalist

Screw our people. screw the economy, hell, screw the whole world as long as we got the bigger bomb!

On a sidenot, which of Americas beloved corporations do you suggest investing in, Haliburton, Raytheon, DyncCorp?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

As opposed to what? We should just bend over and assume the position?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP

Trust me, I am leaving the U.S. very soon, I just need funds (as in enough money to get a plane ticket out of this hole, just looking for the right spot to set up camp. Camp being my humble home, my garden, my earth, our earth... I don't know, I might be a little bit wishful in my thinking in some people's eyes).
edit on 27-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

Let's go to Ecuador man. I've had the same thoughts as you have for years, but I figure this is the best place to make decent money then take said money and move to another country, where it will go 10 times longer than here.

It's possible to live off 30k a year here. Won't have much stuff though, and to guarantee yourself 30k a year @ 4% so it would never run out you'd need 750k... Whereas, 20k a year somewhere else you'd live like a king, and only need 500k to do it.

OH RIGHT. Back on topic. Yeah Iran and their saber rattling

I agree with some previous posters that said Iran won't be able to keep their ships around forever. Need to resupply etc. What are they going to do if stuff starts happening back home?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

So Iran having ships in international waters equates to taking it in the behind?

Perhaps our U.N. representatives could stop acting like children, and actually stay and listen to what Iran has to say, and have a civilized rebuttal to what we disagree with, as opposed to making the statement of walking out?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

No, but turning a blind eye to sabre rattling and a deaf ear to veiled threats is. Our Navy has a responsibility to protect this country. From my earlier posts here it can be noted that I do not endorse any aggression in international waters but we need to be vigilant of all potential threats. That is not warmongering, it is diligence.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra

Originally posted by EvanJP

Trust me, I am leaving the U.S. very soon, I just need funds (as in enough money to get a plane ticket out of this hole, just looking for the right spot to set up camp. Camp being my humble home, my garden, my earth, our earth... I don't know, I might be a little bit wishful in my thinking in some people's eyes).
edit on 27-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

Let's go to Ecuador man. I've had the same thoughts as you have for years, but I figure this is the best place to make decent money then take said money and move to another country, where it will go 10 times longer than here.

It's possible to live off 30k a year here. Won't have much stuff though, and to guarantee yourself 30k a year @ 4% so it would never run out you'd need 750k... Whereas, 20k a year somewhere else you'd live like a king, and only need 500k to do it.

OH RIGHT. Back on topic. Yeah Iran and their saber rattling

I agree with some previous posters that said Iran won't be able to keep their ships around forever. Need to resupply etc. What are they going to do if stuff starts happening back home?

Ecuador! Right on, my whole goal is to settle along the equator!

I love warmth and beaches... Tropical kind of guy. I'm adding as a friend based on the likeness in interests.

I have thought that about the currency exchange rate as well, however, seeing as to how unstable things are right now with the global finance infrastructure, I am seeing how these next few months play out.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

actually thought of that,,best place for bang for your buck,,all round,,
the phillpeans,,yup,,
the ring of fire,, lol,,,well is it worth it?
ohhh and monsoons,,and 16 dead, typhons.
they give the highest return,,,, 1$=16 million,,there dollars,,
and a loaf of bread is still about .40 cents

so,, its a choise like everything else,, i guess.
edit on 27-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I have no problem with countries competing to see who has the biggest johnson, thats okay, we went the entire cold war waving our dongs around just fine, and nobody got smacked.

It's the recent decades that Americas war policy has had me concerned.

When you just whip it out, and nobody else want's you to, thats when trouble starts.

My posts were more aimed at the mongerers wishing Iran a nucleur winter.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus

Sure our economy is screwed up but our military is just as strong as it ever was if not stronger than ever.

Bravo! Spoken like a true nationalist

Screw our people. screw the economy, hell, screw the whole world as long as we got the bigger bomb!

On a sidenot, which of Americas beloved corporations do you suggest investing in, Haliburton, Raytheon, DyncCorp?

Having a hard time accepting that America still has the strongest military in the world and probably will continue that tradition well into the future?

To answer your question I do not give stock advice and could care less about the stock market.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I agree with you. I just think we should not go to either extreme. We should not be on the war path but we should not just roll over either.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Iranian Navy off the United States coast in International waters?!?! Yawn.

On a side note, do you think this is why President Obama and the rest of our Congressional leaders have been hiding in Denver? I mean, the coincidence of the President's travel plans and the announcement of Iranian agression can't simply be discounted. Do you think ELEnin was just a cover to distract us from what's really going on...MY EYES, THEY ARE OPENED!

Seriously, it's the Iranian Navy...I doubt they can find their way out of the Mediteranean.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

To answer your question I do not give stock advice and could care less about the stock market.

Seeing that this is your response, I can at least surmise that my question was a bit above your head, and you did not understand the context and satire of my question.

The companies I spoke of are fortune 500, which puts them as the elite of the elite, and these companies would literally go bankrupt instantly if world peace were ever to occur. They are the proverbial "war machines" that use war as fuel.

I figured you may have a better idea of which company will keep us in fear and tell us who our next enemy is but my hopes were extinguished after reading your response

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus

Seeing that this is your response, I can at least surmise that my question was a bit above your head, and you did not understand the context and satire of my question.

The companies I spoke of are fortune 500, which puts them as the elite of the elite, and these companies would literally go bankrupt instantly if world peace were ever to occur. They are the proverbial "war machines" that use war as fuel.

I figured you may have a better idea of which company will keep us in fear and tell us who our next enemy is but my hopes were extinguished after reading your response

Haha, I know all about those companies you mentioned, I know what they do, what they build and who they build them for and even the major investors of those companies, I am no fool nor did I ever assume you were a fool for thinking the American people needed smacked around a bit, and for that statement you are a complete fool for assuming we will just sit back and watch some Hajji try to smack the American people around. And you are a fool to even mention "World Peace", there will "NEVER" be world peace as long as religions exist so no matter what the "Elite" will always be the "Elite". Even if one of the aformentioned companies went under there would be another to take its place. Quit spamming this thread anyway I'm surprised you haven't replied to yourself, fool.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i say the more ships the better.

one round of HAARP would wipe them out in one foul swoop. they'd never even make it all the way here.

we'd defeat them without even firing a shot.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Iran in our waters,..
I will believe it when I see it on the MSM news
and they have pics and vids,.
Iran is nothing but a barking dog and annoying little barking dog

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We won't blow them out of the water for being near the border of America, but we will stage our presence, as in sending ships into the area. We do this as a show of force because Iran IS a threat. If they cross into our waters without provocation, then it depends on the orders given. We will either board their ships, get the UN involved since Obama loves the UN, and it may be a more prudent way to go about solving the issue. Resupply isn't a problem for us because it will be at our front door.
What some don't seem to understand is that we sail in international waters and train with other militaries from around the globe. We do humanitarian missions and help third world countries. Some of you seem to think we are every where to terrorize the world. In fact we mainly only go into friendly waters unless provoked or during a time of war, and even then it is in friendly waters we sail in.
Citizens in some countries may not understand our presence around the world but their governments and people within those governments realize the necessity, especially when we are going to help in disasters and third world countries that they don't have the capability to take care of themselves.
We are still a peaceful nation, wars as of late notwithstanding. People are tired of war, and it has been unaffordable for awhile. The reason we have been in Iraq so long is because we are trying to learn from past mistakes and not go in guns blazing and leave. The Iraqi people have asked us many times over to stay, and in Afghanistan, as in Iraq we are trying to help rebuild their infrastructure that we destroyed, or wasn't there to begin with. Wars happen, people disagree about anything and everything. Britain is just as guilty as the US when it comes to banks and corporations bankrupting nations. Just as is the European Union for bring countries I to the Euro that had no business being there in the first place. It has been found that Italy, Greece and Portugal had their books cooked to appear they were more stable and had more money then they really did. This is not the citizens fault, this is the governments, bankers and corporations fault.
Stop attacking people. Denying ignorance also means people all have the ability to speak their minds and be civil towards each other even when you disagree.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The colonial us will consider any activity by any nation to be a threat if it is conveniant so yes defcon will most likely change

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Iran in our waters,..
I will believe it when I see it on the MSM news
and they have pics and vids,.
Iran is nothing but a barking dog and annoying little barking dog

I tend to agree with you. Starting to make me think a false flag could be coming soon. President in his bunker while Iran "may" be sending their ships to our borders, hysteria seems to be taking place all over, of course I could have been on ATS too long over the last few days and unwillingly got doom and gloom in the brain!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join