It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Navy presence near US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well, The Iranian military is no match for the US military, plus the US has people much more advanced in warfare and tactics, so if some US soldiers get killed by Iranian forces, there will 100% be all out war with them, and they won't win it.

Overconfidence will be America's downfall.

I only hope you don't drag us Brits into your stupid wars.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As long as they are in international waters there will be no problems. If they cross into US territorial water then it will be a different story. Until then it is a non-issue.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu,That's the answer was looking for

But lets rephrase that and say,hope they won't drag the world in their over-confidence.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

On the contrary, historically, overconfidence by the American soldier is what has made America great.

link   
reply to post by hp1229

Iranian Navy presence near US

Back in the 1970s, the US territorial waters extended only 25 miles out to sea. We used to go out off the coast of Georgia and see large trawler-like vessels flying the civil maritime flag of the former Soviet Union more than any other foreign nation. The US Coast Guard would occasionally fly over or pass by on the horizon... basically just watching.

It was a big world then. We never felt threatened... mainly curious but of course, never made a close approach to one of those ships.
edit on 27-9-2011 by redoubt because: typo

link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Bye. Have a nice trip. DLTDHYOTAOTWO

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by alienreality

Well, The Iranian military is no match for the US military, plus the US has people much more advanced in warfare and tactics, so if some US soldiers get killed by Iranian forces, there will 100% be all out war with them, and they won't win it.

Overconfidence will be America's downfall.

I only hope you don't drag us Brits into your stupid wars.

Hey I'm in agreement with you, these wars are stupid anyways..

About dragging countries into wars, I'm pretty sure Great Britain was involved more than once in dragging the US into your wars, but then again, we have a lot of friends there, as in all of you brits

And don't forget all of the huge corporations with interests from both our respective governments that are also involved in getting us all involved in the worlds wars so they can exploit and milk them all for huge profits..

It is maddening that the world is not going to escape this cycle of insanity anytime soon..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

DLTDHYOTAOTWO

Indulge! Haha

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So if theyre in international waters and doing something 100% legal.

Why do the cheerleaders feel they deserve to die?

Do you feel any other country deserves to blow american ships out of the water too for getting near their countries or are you complete and total hypocrites?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
So if theyre in international waters and doing something 100% legal.

Why do the cheerleaders feel they deserve to die?

Do you feel any other country deserves to blow american ships out of the water too for getting near their countries or are you complete and total hypocrites?

Your argument doesn't work for this because it is quite obvious why Iran is doing this...

This is a political statement to the United States with Iran trying to look all big and bad in the world spotlight, nothing more...

But they might just get bitten for doing it..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

It does work, youre a hypocrite like all the cheerleaders.
You think the US can do what it likes but any time another country wants to do the same, they must die despite doing something 100% legal according to international law.

This is why the world hates the US.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
YOU hate the US, I can see that...

But the world doesn't hate the US at all..I have travelled around the globe and EVERY foreign country I have been to, the people all love the United States, even the Chinese people do..

I don't condone killing people and never said that, what I did say was that Iran should be held accountable for moving warships next to American waters..If that means sinking them then so be it.. When you put your hand on a hot stove it will get burned..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Youve just contradicted yourself again.

You want to start a war just because you feel a little bit threatened, its absolutely insane and that reasoning is why the US is top of the "axis of evil" ahead of N Korea or Iran.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Okay okay, it's all the United States fault for the man named Ahmadinejad...

Or I should say, the man with the mind of a little child named Ahmadinejad

Yeah, he is all our fault and anything he does we should just let him, okay..

I'm done with ya..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Good because youre clearly wrong, they are allowed in international waters but they can be blown out of the water the minute they cross into US waters. Thats the law and the way its always been.

The US cheerleaders are throwing a tantrum because they are butthurt that Iran is doing to the US what the US has been doing to other countries for decades.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If they wake the giant they will get squashed. Any provocation will be met with the ultimate destruction of that provocation and a full retaliation of their homeland. I seriously hope they are not stupid enough to wake the giant.

EDIT - I feel sorry for the people of Iran, they are a great people but their leaders are heading down a treacherous path.
edit on 27-9-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

The arrogance, when every county is suffering from worldwide recession ,when the USA is hanging by a thin thread,some still think America is the supreme being! Get off the high horse.
Why do some people think that the American way is the only way?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I couldn't have said that better myself. Iran is no match at all to the US, heck us civilians could take them head on and come out on the winning side without any help from our military, us civilians have more guns than our whole armed forces combined. Iran is nothing more than an in-grown hair on America's arse.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Last time I checked, people wear Nikes all over the world and eat McDonalds all over the world. Have you been to multiple countries? I have, our influence is undeniable. Hell, even Miciho Kaku stated that when we become a type 1 civilization that English will be the universal human language. Not British English, American English.

America has the tools to destroy worlds, Iran can't even fill up their gas tanks. Think about it.

The reason that America is so strong is because of our diversity and tolerance. We have all kinds of people while other countries have a huge majority of one race. We are an amalgamation of the world's population which increases our innovation and strengths.

When people run from oppressive countries where do they go? Yeah, that's right. America.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Good because youre clearly wrong, they are allowed in international waters but they can be blown out of the water the minute they cross into US waters. Thats the law and the way its always been.

The US cheerleaders are throwing a tantrum because they are butthurt that Iran is doing to the US what the US has been doing to other countries for decades.

If you think that the US Navy is the only one that has been doing this to other countries for decades you are naive and misinformed at best.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join