It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What did We learn?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
1. Stop trusting every Youtube Video.
2. Stop Trusting Random Blogs
3. Not everything that comes out of NASA's mouth is BS. They said it was harmless and wimpy and it really was harmless and wimpy.
4. Anybody Can make a name sound scary
5. Photos Can interpreted for person gain

I know the supporters are backing away fast, But based on the months of hype
Elenin is a brown dwarf
Elenin is a Black Dwarf
Elenin is Nibiru
Elenin is a Spaceship
DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM
Elenin is being followed by Spaceships.
Elenin will enlighten us!

I really hope they learned a lesson.

Will the Dooms Day Theorist learn their lesson or will they find a new date, meaningless coincidences.
Will they put all their cards in 2012 and bias TV shows?
or will they back away, and use a little logic..
Time will tell!

The topics for the past months or even a year show Elenin was more then "just a theory" for most of the supporters.

And It's a shame they wont "MAN UP" for their mistake.

I know some were just posting for stars and flags, and most of the topics about Elenin they piled up stars and flags like it was dollar bills. So who knows...
Just think this whole process repeats it's self next year in 2012.

edit on 26-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They will rationalize the events as being part of an even bigger conspiracy, and then theorize about something else being the harbinger of doom.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Nope, they wont learn nor retract their statements. They will more than likely all crawl back under a rock until some other thing turns up.

Every day i see Elenin threads, it does my head in. The people who agree with the op get loads of stars, anyone who rationalizes gets nothing but snide remarks...and 0 stars.

Im pretty sure 90% of the Elenin/Nibiru believers are under the age of 18. Very naive people for the most part.

We have another date for the end of the world now....26/11/11....zombies this time

I think ATS should have a name change...Anything Goes Here....and their new motto....Embrace Ignorance.
Would be more fitting at the moment

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oh there will be somethin else.. BELIEVE me. The Harold Campings of ATS don't wander far and don't forget the Denver Airport conspiracy right now .

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
But thats exactly what makes ATS so entertaining and fun.
Without the doomsayers what the hell would we talk about?
Bring on the crazy theories I say...

Plus, the "I told you so !" posters would have nothing to do.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Every day i see Elenin threads, it does my head in. The people who agree with the op get loads of stars, anyone who rationalizes gets nothing but snide remarks...and 0 stars.

I made thread about that few days ago cause I have been noticing the same thing. I don't know if it's intentional and people are just "farming stars and flags".

I proposed in my topic disabling stars and flags, for doomsday topics.

Or atleast experimenting with that if the mods disable stars and flags for atleast a week or so. IF Dooms Day Topics go down then it's obvious people were posting for Stars and Flags.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have seen a pretty even number of believers (or at least THINKERS, that is why we come here, yes?) and discreditors...

Personally, I am no damned scientists, or astrophysicist, so I wouldn't go trying to debunk, or SCARE anybody.

Being skeptical is what reveals new secrets, and we DO still have a few days of "alignment" (I don't know if it is a perfect alignment, neither do you). So, if in the next few days something major happens, I won't feel too stupid because I didn't ridicule anybody for a concept that was concocted by a series of thoughts. We simply shall see!

PS;
I don't like it when people thread about "DOOMSDAY!" and fear-monger.
I have seen many a calm, collected threads about this subject.

Peace and love!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Didn't Elenin break apart like weeks ago?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I learned that ATS is full of

ELENINCOMPOOPS!

IRM

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Wait, why is this topic here again?

Did something change in the whole Elenin story that I'm missing, because as far as I am aware there is no way to view and see if Elenin is currently destroyed or not. As far as the whole "alignment" thing is concerned, do I really have to be the one to say that it is still a day away, and as far as the 26th is concerned, it just began in the US.

I'm not saying anything is happening, I'm just saying that once again you make yourself sound even worse then the Elenin believers by stating you KNOW that nothing is going to happen, when the majority of them are simply stating options that MIGHT happen.

Completely ridiculous and hypocritical on both sides.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I learned that ATS is full of

ELENINCOMPOOPS!

IRM

nice... I just wish members would research their topics better than just watching YouTube videos. I noticed a lot of members go to one site read a headline and article and then start posting doom and gloom threads.. people need to learn astrology.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Common, it's a good bedtime reading! Still better than watching some stupid sit-com (IMO).

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
Didn't Elenin break apart like weeks ago?

Apparently not everyone accepted that news. (Mainly the Elenin supporters).

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
the 26/27 is not over yet. All so keep in mind that we are basing this off a SIMULATION. So if it is real then the simulation could be a few days off. Guess my point is hang in their, somthing might happen weather it be ELENIN or a fauls flag to make people think its elenin.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well I'll tell you what I learned...

I learned that there seems to be this overwhelming NEED by those with self proclaimed "authority" on LOGIC to hear "apologies" and "groveling for forgiveness" by those who discussed Elenin, Nibiru...this NEED is sooo strong they decide to create meaningless troll threads designed to belittle and ridicule anyone who's line of thought doesn't fall within that self proclaimed logical authority of theirs...

This need to hear people say....YOU WERE RIGHT.....and I WAS WRONG...is ultimately the drive behind threads such as this...

This need of stroking the ego for some validation of that self proclaimed "logical authority"or even to leech stars and flags from the others who are also the "authority on logic" who will no doubt come in here and STAR and FLAG...NOT because this thread has meaningful content...NOT because this thread will enlighten anyone...but because it will satisfy that overwhelming need to say "I was right and you were wrong, now come on here and man up and tell everyone how intellectually inferior you are to me and my overwhelming vastness of wisdom and knowledge on ALL things especially LOGIC!!!

get over yourselves....

having said that I know that IF EVER there was something that was a legitimate potential threat to this planet...NASA, US GOV, any official or expert allowed to speak through "OFFICIAL" channels wouldn't say squat...the media would have a gag order/blackout and the disinfo and "normalcy bias" to hide something of that magnatude would be rampant...

NASA doesn't lie all the time...you are correct but...

NASA would lie every time about something that would destroy the planet...period.

this conduct and policy surrounding the issue is part of what fuels the conspiracy and the justifiable paranoia people have regarding issues that are ultimately completely out of their hands/control...something such as a doom comet etc...

Its ironic because part of the justification for the NASA budget is to detect and categorize NEO(near earth objects) so we can have forewarning and prepare...yet...its not wo WE can have forwarning and prepare...its so THEY can have forwarning and prepare...
edit on 26-9-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by Sly1one because: i hate spelling...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
the 26/27 is not over yet. All so keep in mind that we are basing this off a SIMULATION. So if it is real then the simulation could be a few days off. Guess my point is hang in their, somthing might happen weather it be ELENIN or a fauls flag to make people think its elenin.

There*
Something*
False*

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

There*
Something*
False*

You missed weather....should be whether

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Generalizing is a sign of laziness not a sign of intellectual thought process..."anyone who rationalizes"???? Tell me what is rational about thinking you would know for sure (as you and many others act) when something is real or fake? That’s just as naive...its hard to have rational thoughts when you are naive enough to think you "know something", naive enough to think that because NASA says its wimpy...meh...its wimpy...or hell even that you know enough about astrophysics and astronomy to conclude for yourself “all is well”…its all naïve.

I’m pretty sure 90% of the Elenin/Nibiru believers are under the age of 18. Very naive people for the most part.

Generalizing again....and hypocritical to top it off...naive is thinking you KNOW something....and you are acting like YOU KNOW nothing is threatening earth, etc....as if NASA would announce it...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Generalizing again....and hypocritical to top it off...naive is thinking you KNOW something....and you are acting like YOU KNOW nothing is threatening earth, etc....as if NASA would announce it...

So you have watched a Youtube video, read a random blog and decided NASA and all the other people looking to the skies are lying??

I do know nothing will come of Elenin...100% guaranteed it will not effect us in a single way.

BTW...how much of a loss did you make on your gold and silver lol???

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You're absolutely right, OP. I think we should rewind time back to the dark ages, and have a new inquisition. Those who are found disagreeing with established science and scientists should be tortured, maimed, and killed if necessary to set an example for the rest of the population. Especially if they are found wrong. These dissidents, terrorists, and fear mongers must be stopped at all costs!

What a bunch of brain dead morons. They don't understand that science never makes mistakes, and never lies. In fact, I nominate you for chief inquisitor.

Torture them until they convert to the consensus! They deserve it!

ETA: This world would be a much more peaceful place if we would all just think as we're told to think. The academia and the governments have only our best interests at heart. How dare we question them.

Hail to the new Tomás de Torquemada!!!
edit on 9/26/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join