It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What did We learn?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I do follow the news. See. Another baseless assumption. I have made no attempt to read anything about the satellite. Another one. A lack of education. Another one. And my fantasy world is baseless? How about your baseless assumptions about me? Do you assume everything you read on ATS with the same distortion?

We come at different conclusions and different perceptions as to what the government does and the reasons behind its actions. That doesn't necessarily make you an ignorant uneducated uninformed poster. Nor I.

But I do notice something reoccurring from you. And that is no assumption. You are in many threads yet you ignore the opening posts and engage in debates with the ones that reply... So, wish to make an exception in this case?

What did you learn?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
oo its officially the 27th here.

24 hours til im not worried again til october 21

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by StarPeace

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
the 26/27 is not over yet. All so keep in mind that we are basing this off a SIMULATION. So if it is real then the simulation could be a few days off. Guess my point is hang in their, somthing might happen weather it be ELENIN or a fauls flag to make people think its elenin.

There*
Something*
False*

You missed weather....should be whether

And shouldn't All so be Also. Or is that just my Appalachian American coming out in me.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
HOT DAMN>> Time to be held accountable and not make any freaking excuses. You elentards need to grow some gonads and admit you were wrong and not back pedal or dance around the issue like you are currently doing. SURPRISE who didn't see this coming? LOL

Their needs to be some accountability had for those who fear monger with no real science or facts to back them up.

As far as im concerned everyone who makes these predictions needs to be flagged and if they dont come to pass they get two more strikes and maybe get a temp ban from ATS.. I would love to see this happen.

IF you dont have real science, facts, or evidence to back your claims up and only use you-tube for evidence you need to be held accountable for it..
Enough with the damn excuses eleintards admit you were wrong and think twice before you fear monger again.

ATS MOTTO IS SUPPOSED TO BE DENY IGNORANCE, NOT EMBRACE IGNORANCE!!!!

The elenin crap was based on pure ignorance by those with little knowledge of science, physics or astronomy.
The definition of Ignorance.

But no, no one will admit they are wrong they will make excuses and wait for the next insignificant thing to blow way way out of proportion.

You know why Phage is so popular up here? Cause the guy has above basic understanding of astronomy and physics and uses common sense and proven science to debunk bull crap. And he is called a dis-info agent for it etc. God bless the man.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Ohhhhh hold on.. there was a plethora of YouTube videos backing up the science mmkay?
/sarcasm

edit on 27-9-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I made no assumptions. Your position appears to be based on a lack of reading. It is.

I noticed that you made no effort whatsoever to respond to your failures:

You made the following challenge. "Show me a place on this planet that rallies people to prevent disaster. Just one. Those are empty words, my friend. "

You were wrong and I showed a number of cases in which you were wrong.

Then you make a shambles of where the satellite would land vs an impactor. I explained that and how your position was based on a lack of reading any articles about the satellite.

The n you repeat your failed mantra that no one works to save the common man. I pointed out where you are mistaken using a number of examples.

At a minimum you should recognize these mistakes and at least do something to correct these mistakes. Those that don't are close minded.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i learnt it was no longer a threat when it disintegrated

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
On that note how many ppl here have a mental illness and suffer from paranoid delusions

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Hello again Stereologist,

I made no assumptions. Your position appears to be based on a lack of reading. It is.

My position is based on my opinions.

I noticed that you made no effort whatsoever to respond to your failures:

I have decided to hold back on saying what I really think. Big difference. Again, what you call my failures, I call my opinions.

You made the following challenge. "Show me a place on this planet that rallies people to prevent disaster. Just one. Those are empty words, my friend. " You were wrong and I showed a number of cases in which you were wrong.

What you have shown is indeed correct. Why would I say otherwise? What I argue is the motives behind them. You see none, I see some. Doesn't make neither of us bad persons...it's just different points of view.

Then you make a shambles of where the satellite would land vs an impactor. I explained that and how your position was based on a lack of reading any articles about the satellite.

I agree. That analogy wasn't my best. But then again, neither was your "pregnancy" analogy.

The n you repeat your failed mantra that no one works to save the common man. I pointed out where you are mistaken using a number of examples.

True. You have set examples of actions taken to save the common man. I question the motives behind those actions. I do not believe in a transparent and honest government.

At a minimum you should recognize these mistakes and at least do something to correct these mistakes.

I just did. But it doesn't alter my point of view.

Those that don't are close minded.

I agree. Hey, I've agreed with you many times in this reply. What does it change, Stereologist?

I still see things my way, you see things your way. The joy of internet forums such as this one.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I do not believe in a transparent and honest government.

Who does? There are lots of ways for government to get into self service instead of service to its citizens. The problem happens when people take the extreme position that nothing government does is good for the citizens.

I just did. But it doesn't alter my point of view.

You appear too invested in your paranoia to accept that some things are actually useful to the average joe like you or me. I heard the tornado sirens go off and I live in a place which I thought was virtually tornado proof. I've used hurricane evacuation routes. I've seen floods controlled by projects.

The goal is ferret out the useless junk done by government and the useful even if it is not the majority of their work.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Sly1one

It's not so much the need for Elenin believers to apologize for being wrong. I would much rather have an apology for all of the names and insults that have thrown my way by Elenin believers throughout this whole circus. I know I'm not the only one who has been called a shill, disinfo agent, close-minded, sheople, etc. I know I'm also not the only one who had their integrity questioned because of listening to logic as opposed to the likes of Terral Croft. So, I don't care if the Elenin believers admit that they were wrong. I'm just glad that this whole thing is over. But I would like to hear them admit they were wrong about my character and anyone else they insulted for not jumping on the conspiracy theory bandwagon.

Now this I agree with completely this is acceptable however THIS message gets lost in threads like this as well.

I'm not claiming the labeling and name calling isn't on both sides of the spectrum with terms as shill, disinfo-agent, sheeple etc...it is no different then tin-foil hat etc...

I'm not defending the people who ignorantly labeled you on your beliefs I am defending the ability for people to post ideas/theories/beliefs on this forum without ridicule into exile...this include your belief as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ok so yes, the Elenin ideas were wrong. You can have your party now lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Looks like the next date will October 21, then October 28, then 2012 unless someone finds another comet and can make that comets name sound scary.
edit on 28-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

I'm still hoping this entire Elenin saga has inspired an astronomer with a sense of humor to name the next comet they discover Nibiru.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The whole scenery lately kinda fulfills the prophecy about false prophets me thinks,
isn't it ?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Even tho 26th and 27th have passed and 28th is almost over, at least where I'm, I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea that nothing will happen. I had my doubts about anything major happening on those days, now that those days are behind us, the dust has settled and everyone is back to not thinking about anything happening....that's usually when things catch us by a surprise. I'm not saying that I believe the Youtube videos, because I don't, I just found a lot of strange things happening recently, with congress, with the Denver airport drills and a bunch of other things....I would give it just a few more days, these earth changing events don't occur on the exact dates, the Japan EQ happened 4 days before the alignment....just saying

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Japan is also in the Ring of Fire, a volcano and seismically active zone.
Some scientists believe japan was due for a big one.

Though anyone with a decent education would know comets don't cause earthquakes, it would not surprise me
if they continue to try and make a connection with future earthquakes.

It's sad when facts are ignored.

edit on 29-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Q: So what did we learn?

A: That this fraud has been created by NASA and other governmental bodies!

Most (if not all) of these doom and gloom scenarios were deliberately launched by the dark ones to inflate the collective fears of the people and thus delude them from the truth!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SunShineKid

You blame for the government? That means that most of the posters at ATS are at the beck and call of the government. Somehow I find that hard to believe.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SunShineKid

As I have stated this entire time it is ridiculous to blame the government and NASA as being the source of the hysteria regarding Elenin. They have maintained throughout this entire ordeal that Comet Elenin is a tiny comet that will have no affect on Earth. This started with the YouTube users Terral Croft and Astrolpatriot, but grew into the three ring circus it became thanks to conspiracy theorists like those on ATS. That's it. Conspiracy theorists are the one to blame on this and it was their ever-changing theories that caused all the fear.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join