It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What does the white hole/bulge indicate?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I believe this is important to the thread, this regards what just happened to glp, here is a quote from a thread over there explaining what happened, seams -maybe- it is the solar activity.

subject title: site was down due to some kind of routing issue...

seems to have been affecting others too - entire service providers

not just us

what exactly on earth, or in the sky I guess, is that white hole?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok why are you still trying to deny what is happening here, obviously there is something unusual occuring and it definitely seems to be getting worse. It seems to me you are in complete denial of this whole thing and you keep telling yourself that "this is normal" and "everything is fine", and "its okay, nothing sinister is going on". You sound like Nasa or president obama trying to cover things up

edit on 26-9-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: grammar

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

hey man,glad to see other fellow portuguese around here!Nothing never really happens in our beautiful country right?
I´ll keep an open eye tonight in case of some aurora borealis!Do you think we will get that lucky?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

How would you interpret this?
Phage, if you don't mind, I'd like to hear your interpretation also.
I am referring to the white spot over the US and SA
edit on 26-9-2011 by Aestheteka because: pic wasn't included so must explain request

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Lo0l ..

Link

edit on 26-9-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

how on gods earth can solar winds blow down powerlines or your garden chairs, this wasnt a solar flare, probably a little localized wind

Wee Mad

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I know nothing of solar activity am not particularly worried...but this image from spaceweather.com is terrifying...I mean, wow!

The fiery mouths of the sun spit their venom at us!! RAWR!

edit on 26-9-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Thanks, I'm aware of what the ionosphere is. I was querying the whie spot in connection to the power outages, sunspot turming this way (although the current activity must have been initiated 2 or so days ago), etc.
I was asking for a more subjective interpretation.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
my sons nick name is sunny, he`s just farted, should it be classed as a solar wind, judging by the smell its definately x classed.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well my AT&T internet is still down for about the last 19 hours now. My brother is the one who manages the internet in the house and he says "it's probably just the weather or something, they're working on it." There were no loose cables despite the "network cable unplugged" message, I can't connect wirelessly via my laptop because it's not detecting anything to connect to. I can't be the only one if AT&T was affected by a flare and I can't find any information regarding known issues with their broadband. This is frustrating! My power is on fine and the weather outside is clear and sunny, internet just crapped out last night for no reason.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
looks like we have power outages in the lower mainland of B.C. 75000 people without power. They are blaming it on wind.........solar wind me thinks? lol! Also, yesterday parts of new westminster where without power for a few hours! no explanation there!

everyone should post their areas!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I love the fact that we have a maiden fan, and a fear factory fan in the same thread talking about flares.. I am a big fan of chimaira and would like to join in so here goes..

The sun is really really angry. It's probably something you did.. think back.. anything?

But seriously.. no power outage here, but a slight headache.. might be all the waiting around I'm doing for something doom-y to happen... I should probably get some fluids.

Looking forward to see what these sunspots throw out now we're right in the line of fire though..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xxnibiruxx

Where were you 11 years ago??

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by absol
There is a HUGE white hole/bulge in the ionosphere over north and south america right now!

www.gdgps.net...

Also, GLP is down, where we have been discussing this. The Magnetoshpere and earth's magnetic field has been bombarded by the sun all day, incuding a CME around midday.

www2.nict.go.jp...

Originally posted by Dalke07

the charts are going wild! might cause earthquake!

wholy crap!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Also a maiden fan.
Re: your headache; odd though it may sound, does it feel as if your brain's being microwaved?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
not sure if this has been posted

Travel chaos as power cut hits London

Tube travellers were stuck underground tonight after a power cut hit London.
London Underground said the power failure was having a "serious" impact on the whole of the network. Rail services from major stations including Victoria, London Bridge and Waterloo were also affected.
A Tube spokesman said: "There has been a National Grid failure which has affected the underground. At the moment we are assessing the impact of that but it is having a serious impact on the whole system at the moment."

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

link
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by Deplume

Also a maiden fan.
Re: your headache; odd though it may sound, does it feel as if your brain's being microwaved?

I've had a headache all day and I never normally get them at all, is this storm related?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
bc hydro

looks like it's not 75000 like the news is saying but take a look at bc hydros website for their outages right now! The island is getting them too!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

can you describe how it feels?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join