It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.outagecentral.com...

santiago, chile
karachi, pk
ottawa, can
princeton, can
tiskilwa, ca
phoenix, az
magnolia/seattle, wa
queen anne/seattle, wa
pennyslvania, pa 888-lightss
santa clarita, ca
texas city, tx

wherenext, ha?

"27th September the Sun may emit a very large solar flare.. we are seeing signs this could take place as we have had two x type flares one on the 22nd and the other yesterday on the 24th Sep,."

Obama and top NASA staff as well as other elite nwo leaders will allegedly be @ Denver on the 27th most likely hiding underground..
edit on 26-9-2011 by ignant because: im confused! ATSer title grievances/corrections given during 1st hour of posting o_O

+44 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hmm 11 cities in the entire world warrants a thread title beginning with "Worldwide"???

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

All ok here In the UK, for now, scary stuff tho, will keep checking.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't think Elenin is the cause of the power outages. Why is it only in the west and not in the east? If it was the planet, Elenin, or solar flares. Wouldn't everyone be affected? AT & T is the only one affected but not Sprint or Nextel? Might be a different explanation. Like a grid just went offline.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

+56 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My garage light doesnt work... now is the time to panic!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Hmm 11 cities in the entire world warrants a thread title beginning with "Worldwide"???

I believe that it does. Although the "world wide" may be far fetched, this blackout
is not in a localized area, therefore the term "world wide" is applicable in this situation.

However, a better thread title may have been "Major blackouts happening in localized
areas around the world".

Either way, the two get the point across. It's just the fact that the original thread title
is much more sensational.

EDIT -- And to claim that Elenin is causing these blackouts is way too out there and
I highly doubt it as i'm sure many reading/skimming this thread would agree with.
There have been too many Elenin is causing this or Elenin is causing that crap
throughout ATS for a while. This crap needs to stop. Look for other reasons other
than Elenin which is reported to be broken up.
edit on 9/25/2011 by UnholyBones because: ELENIN B.S.

edit on 9/25/2011 by UnholyBones because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
X-class Solar Event

here is the latest vid i could find to date, about this worldwide, geomagnetic CME event:

'GEOMAGNETIC STORM WARNING'

-a pair of closely-spaced CMEs propelled by explosions of sunspot AR1302 on Sept. 24th are heading not-quite directly toward Earth.

-a significant blow to our planet's magnetic field is possible on Sept. 26th

-25% chance of geomagnetic storms when the clouds arrive

what surprise me is so many widespread or 'worldwide' outages even before the double-wammy

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
My garage light doesnt work... now is the time to panic!

Shame your computer doesnt work. Spare us from such stooge headed remarks.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

This is NOT grid outage in Canada. This is the horrible solar winds we got hit with, a magnetic storm. It knocked down power lines.

This is the X class CME that was due to hit on the 25th.

Here, Fraser Valley, we still have power.

I woke up to a huge storm at 5 30 am, my outdoor chairs blown over, and it was strong enough I would have had a hard time getting to the car, would have avoided it.

It was over within an hour, then came back half strength or less for a bit longer.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
solar winds knocked down power lines? canada

what the hell is going on

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

So I'm guessing this thread is related to this earlier thread?

The plot thickens...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by ignant

So I'm guessing this thread is related to this earlier thread?

The plot thickens...

interesting i missed that one.

so there was some sort of electromagnetic storm in in the OPs location of Illinois, i gather? i wonder if they had any outages there, i didn't see anything in that thread about IL outages just a hint at electromagnetic discharge of some type, if that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

for you and ur negativity

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I live in Central IL [Clark Co] and everything here is ok so far. Cell phone and lights are still working fine. Don't know if I'm near the poster who said they were in Illinois.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by demetriandlucy
solar winds knocked down power lines? canada

what the hell is going on

They can fix them. West Coast/Fraser Valley has power. It was just a steady really strong wind from the CME.
I posted a video on that yesterday that said the CME would hit today and it did.

Chili has 9 million without power, and I don't know exactly what happened there.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Strong geomagnetic storm start any moment ..

edit on 26-9-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
One of the cities mentioned in the OP is Texas City, TX. The power outage in Texas City was not today the 26th, but actually the 23rd as far as I can tell.

Texas City

Anyone else want to debunk with me?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
One of the cities mentioned in the OP is Texas City, TX. The power outage in Texas City was not today the 26th, but actually the 23rd as far as I can tell.

Texas City

Anyone else want to debunk with me?

Thanks for any info ..

I did not read thread, have some work ..

Only want to post strong storm coming, members need to be inform maximum for next days ..

First come some weaker solar wind after some hours stronger ..

GEOMAGNETIC STORM WARNING: A pair of closely-spaced CMEs propelled by explosions of sunspot AR1302 on Sept. 24th are heading not-quite directly toward Earth.

A significant glancing blow to our planet's magnetic field is possible on Sept. 26th around 14:00 UT (+/- 7 hours). NOAA forecasters estimate a ~25% chance of geomagnetic storms when the clouds arrive. [CME forecast track] Aurora alerts: text, voice.

spaceweather.com...

Personally don't expect some bigger power outage, CME's need to be more stronger for that o0ne ..

But I expect more earthquake and volcanic activity in next days because of these strong and fast solar winds, we have more CME's to come in next 5 days minimum ..

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Peace ..

edit on 26-9-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
of course my OP wasnt listing 'sep 26' power outages,

and the originating post was made only 12 minutes into sep 26

as it states, solar storm-related power outages as of the turn of sep 26

3 days before, really?

and yes, the texas city, TX outage is being cited as their electric plant possibly being affected by the solar flares as well, that have been happening for at least the past week:

www.weather.com...
www.realistnews.net...

sorry for not being clear. i have no idea what outages await for sep 26 thus the title

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I did not post that to be contradicting, just to be clear. So many people are getting het up about the 26th and 27th it seems (to me at least) a point that needs to be made- all these outages aren't happening right at midnight on the 26th.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join