It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by Deplume

Also a maiden fan.
Re: your headache; odd though it may sound, does it feel as if your brain's being microwaved?

It burrrns.
lol

Just feels like a normal regular every day kind of a headache, but I have to admit, I'm not a regular headache sufferer.. once every 6 or so months? I have a healthy head. :3

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Check out this one from oct 2003

Ar 10486 caused an X17 flare

On this day in 2003 (October 28), the Sun unleashed one of the largest and most geoeffective solar storms of the modern age.
The SOHO satellite watched the events unfold. On October 26th, Active Region 10486 had grown to over 10 times the diameter of the Earth.
Two days later the region was directly inline with our planet when it released a flare with the energy of fifty billion atomic bombs. The accompanying coronal mass ejection (CME) raced past SOHO at a phenomenal 2300 kilometers per second! Most CMEs take 2 to 3 days to cross the 150 million kilometers between the Sun and the Earth. This one made it in less than 18 hours.

We survived that one, didn't we?
When the sun starts to look like this then it gets interesting.
www.thesuntoday.org...
www.nso.edu...
edit on 26-9-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by minkey53

can you describe how it feels?

Headache all across top of my eyes, even eyeballs ache lol.

Maybe too many late nights on here, stress from all the doom predicted, who knows?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
seems all ok in New Zealand at the moment. It's the 27th 10:40am no power out. Cloudless day, sun looks the same for the 1 second I can look at it without burning my eyeballs.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
not sure if its related, possibly just a training exercise or something, but 3 chinooks just passed over here in SouthEastern New Mexico, from the northwest heading approximately southeast. Its probably nothing, but we don't get this kind of activity very often in this neck of the woods
edit on 26-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
From the NASA web site link posted a few times in this thread:

Behemoth sunspot 1302 unleashed another strong flare on Saturday morning--an X1.9-category blast at 5:40 am EDT. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) recorded the extreme ultraviolet flash.

The movie (above) also shows a shadowy shock wave racing away from the blast site. This is a sign that the blast produced a coronal mass ejection (CME) that could deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field on Sept. 26.

Since the X1.9-flare, active region (AR) 1302 has unleashed M8.6 and M7.4 flares on Sept. 24 and an M8.8 flare early on Sept. 25. None of the blasts have been squarely Earth-directed, but this could change as the sunspot turns toward our planet in the days ahead. AR1302 is growing and shows no immediate signs of quieting down.

Updates will be posted as warranted.

There's nothing to worry about, for now at least.

PS- I'm in the central Texas area and we're smack in the middle of the "white" area shown on the earlier photos, all is well here. Everything's working fine and we're enjoying a nice fall day although it's warmer than usual (as it has been all summer and fall).

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yikes maybe this one is legit.... check this out

www.cnn.com...

Looks like they have extreme spending...from what I am aware of, not familiar with what they normally spend.
I am currently in Denver, how would I get into one of these fallout shelters or at least out of the radioactive mess? Lead bunker? Stay inside the house? Old Coal mines?

Not to mention Dish Network satellite mysteriously turned off or some crap, dunno if anyone has stated that.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Thrax because: dishnetwork stuff

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the following link puts 2003's massive flare it in perspective:

www.nasca.org.uk...

"Fortunately for our planet most of the debris from the 2003 explosion was not entirely Earth directed but a glancing blow from the flare did bring displays of the Northern Lights several days later. However this is nothing to what would have happened if the flare had been targetted directly towards Earth."

in other words size matters
but also direction:

"Could a Solar flare actually destroy all life on the Earth?

Unfortunately the answer is yes.

Although the Sun is remarkably stable it does go through phases of increased activity. We are currently exiting one such phase where Solar activity was again at the peak of its 11 year cycle."

enter.. Solar Maximum

^ and to make things worse than 10yrs ago our magnetosphere now has at least one gaping hole in it (as posted by other ATSers earlier)

edit on 26-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have had a headache for three days and i thought it was just another migraine, but today is different. Usually it is behind my eyes. Today I have had some pressure building it seems, not a normal headache for me. Also, about an hour ago I noticed my left ear beginning to give me some problems then my my right, kinda of like they feel when I go up in an airplane..But they are not popping, it feels like they should though. My right ear is ringing off and on as well.. weird, i know..
I have been wondering about this for a while and if anyone else may be feeling the same. Could solar flares be causing this high pressure in my head?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Had power cut leading to blackout in Jersey UK this evening - affected several areas of the island for several minutes. Not sure why.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just curious, but how does one post when the power has been out for over 3 hours in the UK and/or the islands? If the power was cut, and it affected to tubes with passengers stuck underground, wouldn't that affect the cell towers and Internet routers?
Great post of the CME from 2003, further proof that we fear what we do not understand. Further, remember that the Earth goes through cycles much like the sun. We have times where activity is at a minimum and when it is growing steadily with earthquakes and storms. The aren't aliens or anything sinister going on. I know this is ATS but people on here as of late have been very doom and gloom. Today is going to go on like yesterday did, and tomorrow will come just like it did today. If an X19 didn't cause worldwide disasters then I doubt an X6 will either. If the power were to go out across the globe, it would suck, but it would not be abnormal considering the event that fried the telegraphs well over 100 years ago. I'm sure that Operation Solar Shield is the best thing that everyone can do to prepare, but if it fails I won't be blaming everyone because at least they tried.
As our technology get smaller and more powerful, we are going to be more susceptible to solar events and natural disasters.
As the CME's hit, grab your video camera or regular camera and get some good videos because this only happens once in a lifetime, or every 6 years or so if you can stay alive through the hype.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
the grid isn't all run from one location, im not in london so, yea, I have seen no problems so far, but i've been reading more by the hour.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lyons666
Could solar flares be causing this high pressure in my head?

absolutely of course not every new migraine episode is being caused by flares but there is a high correlation, the link below says a Russian study confirmed that Solar eruptions do result in a greatly increased incidence of strokes and heart attacks! furthermore it gets into the emotional impact on humanity:

"Emotionally the effects are of widely fluctuating feelings that at worst can result in broken relationships, despair and depression. On a larger scale our research clearly shows that Solar activity has the potential to trigger general social unrest even to the point of inciting wars, riots, revolutions, and a deteriorating state of International harmony."

www.nasca.org.uk...

to me, its a combination of other elements as well, notably that earth's magnetic field that usually protects us from flares in the past, is now fluctuating erratically:

edit on 26-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

It might be a tumor
it's not a tumah!

Sorry, had to

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

The GDGPS vertical ionospheric delay displays are really only of interest to those using GPS systems. Simply put, they give an indication of ionization levels which can affect the accuracy. You'll notice that the high levels of delay follow the location of the Sun; highest on the daylight side, lowest on the night side. The current geomagnetic storm is definitely having an effect though.
edit on 9/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I think it was an error in the software or something similar.
iono.jpl.nasa.gov...
www.ips.gov.au...
Phage?
edit on 26-9-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

I understand that, it was just odd to me that someone had said they were on an island, couldn't get a connection on a broadband card and couldn't get on the Internet. If the broadband card and computer wouldn't work how are they accessing the Internet and how is the computer on if the power is out? A good generator?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Still do not fully understand the meaning of this data :

www.gdgps.net...

However, I would like to point out I never seen it this way before.. ( 1 year). by the way :
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Fist I thought the instruments are malfunctioning., Apparently NOT!
edit on 26-9-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Wow.. Headaches and Earaches, I can handle (i think)....But heart attacks? I don't want....
That's interesting information, thank you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stinger94

hahahaha....funny..funny

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join