It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister
People still obsessing over this comet?

edit on 26/9/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

What comet??

Just kidding, I just ignore every post that mentions it

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i agree about the Elenin misblame. it is a shame and i apologize last nite in my scramble to cover the bulk of recent outages PRE-Sept26, most of the YT vid titles happen to blame Elenin for the cause of the Solar flares.

regardless, the solar flares are happening (whatever the cause) like they always do. wise Phage's prolly right anything less than X-class is negligible in terms of effects

a side note, power grid and electric grid are differrent sections of an electrical network.

anyways, theres more outages happening, and now well over 11 million affected (ie, over 10 million chileans alone). plus..

^ 9.26 update IMPERIAL BEACH CALIFORNIA residents experience a devastating power outage extending from *Arizona to Mexico* last nite

^ 9/26 update: 1302 flare 'heard' on radios worldwide

^ 9/26 update: over the past few days new 'massive sunspot' AR1302 has been incredibly active, hurling massive X-class solar flares into space -and it will soon face Earth-.

the massive sunspot, many times larger than the Earth (see images below link) is expected to increase in size and energy, and is expected to release powerful solar flares, sparking strong geomagnetic storms so ook out for news of strong geomagnetic activity and displays of aurorae."

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
well im on a small island in the english channel and we are in the middle of a black out 30 min now it is a bit weard as all ov ouer power cums from france nuclear and all of ouer cables are under ground .
its the longest i can rember beeing with out elecy..???

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

sounds like we're gonna get that 3 days of night after all hey guys... Hahahahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
if candles still work I think I'll survive
the hopi prophecy was all man made light sources stop working right?? >_>

soho's current estimates are fairly worrying imho. phage right on I saw the data out of context, keep up the good work

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I haven't read through this entire thread yet but I did stop after a bit of reading to go check the magnetometers at USGS. Note there downward spikes on the Barrow Alaska and Sandpoint ID. Back in March I noted the same issues, I have a post about it on some other thread involving Elenin.

What I noted then (I monitor the magetometers and earthquakes regularly and have for several yrs) in March, shortly after this began happening both of the SAME meters went offline and remained so for several days

I was ticked off I was in the process of moving at the time so I had no idea where my compass was and wasn't able to see what my area was experiencing.

I am only saying this is a similar on the outside and exact pattern (on the inside) of what I observed in March 2011

geomag.usgs.gov...

Time of spike 17:00

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
all fine in PA

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I've seen weirder things, even heard of weirder things. Such as these weakenings allowing passing of gasses, and higher cloud altitudes.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am also wondering if there are any radio buffs on this thread or is anyone knows some. I wonder if skip is happening???? Not sure what that would mean exactly but I do wish I had a way of finding out.

I live in Alaska and I did see dim aurora borealis last night, however they were too faint to tell if they were naturally occurring or man made (they are produced at times for various experimentation done in Alaska) I wanted to check again when it was later and colder (this is usually when they are the most vibrant) but I fell asleep.

I will be making a point of checking the sky frequently the next couple nights.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I bet there has been WAY more power outages world wide at time when the was not a massive fear mongering campaign such as ELEnin

Get a grip people this is ridiculous, when nothing happens tomorrow ALOT of people need to upload some apologies to Youtube to alot of vulnerable people they have scared the hell out of with these story's

I fully expect a crowd to gather outside Ozarks laughing and pointing at these idiots with video camera at hand

derp derp

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
How is this not related to ELEnin? From what I understand and from what I read it caused the sun to be more active, releasing more flares and of a higher class, this doesn't sound like anything hard to believe for me.

It's aligned tomorrow as well, and the next day from what I can see off of JPL and we'll see if the effects get bigger or diminish, then you can say it wasn't this and it was that, etc.

I do hope these people get their power back promptly, god what I would do without internet...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

I would also like to hear of these occurances! so please do it would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chuan

The activity seen now is due to a CME which occurred several days ago.

Comets do not cause solar activity.

Elenin is gone.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'd like to point out I haven't dismissed 'object' elenin's possibility just yet, might as well just give it time, I mean, how many hours left til the alignment? I mean 'alignment' ...you know what no, just give it time..

the aroura map has stopped being bright red, was hoping for a shiny sky =(

ed: I don't like to pick sides, and you'll be kicking yourself if it does turn out to be something. just saying.
edit on 26/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

The "alignment" occurs at 04:20 Sept. 27, UTC.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Check out all these small quakes happening in odd
places in my opinion
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
I have been checking for a couple days and it just doesn't seem normal locations.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

There are literally hundreds of tremors and quakes taking place every day ALL over the world. When I first started monitoring them there seemed an overwhelming amount of them.

The only way I could figure out how to distinguish normal from abnormal was to begin monitoring them frequently; which I have been doing for about 2 yrs.

So far today I do not see anything that raises my brow....but I am checking a bit more frequently....

The way I see it, does it REALLY matter if the solar flares are connected to Elenin or not?? They ARE happening and they ARE causing some issues. Best to be alert and it's always better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by whatsinaname

The "alignment" occurs at 04:20 Sept. 27, UTC.

I didn't know we were basing it on the exact moment, date and time and if nothing happens then it's a SURE thing that it's not the comet, ELEnin is not a normal comet by any means therefor extraordinary interactions seem feasible
edit on 26-9-2011 by Chuan because: spelling.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chuan

Someone asked the time of the "alignment" I provided it.

Elenin is (was) a normal and insignificant comet.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join