It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It isn't the comet causing these issue's but stuff could happen like a x class flare hitting the planet. this is a post from spaceweather.com
GEOMAGNETIC STORM: A strong-to-severe geomagnetic storm is in progress following the impact of a coronal mass ejection (CME) at approximately 12:15 UT on Sept. 26th. The Goddard Space Weather Lab reports a "strong compression of Earth's magnetosphere. Simulations indicate that solar wind plasma [has penetrated] close to geosynchronous orbit starting at 13:00UT." Geosynchronous satellites could therefore be directly exposed to solar wind plasma and magnetic fields. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for Northern and Southern Lights after nightfall
Then for the president hiding in denver tomarrow I hear there is a close flying metor ( 2011 se58 ) will come closer to use than the moon .6 lunar distance. I think its small like 6 meters. Hope they don't mean 6 miles

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you, Phage
Any theories on the logical progression of this event?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
power is still on in Guelph ON, not much happening only thing is we are going to be getting a thunderstorm tonight.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been addressed but the in one of the OP's videos the comet Elinen is shown to be in two dimensional alignment with Earth and the Sun on Sept. 27th. Does anyone know if it is in 3 dimensional alignment on that day?

Forget it. Brain cramp. It can't be, not at a 35 degree angle to the ecliptic.

Double brain cramp.Yes it can be.
edit on 26-9-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

As you can see, the two charts are using different scales.
This one tops out at 50 TECU:
iono.jpl.nasa.gov...

While this one tops out at 10 but it's not showing TECU:
www.gdgps.net...

edit on 9/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am all good on Okinawa, Japan
I wonder
If I will be able to see any auroras tonight. I've
never been able to see one so that would be
Pretty cool!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have had a headache for three days with today being the worst of all. No energy yet very restless. My Inga told me that Millwaukee Wisconsin had power outages this AM and our computer has been acting strange for the last couple days. I also read an article on www.bbsradio.com about a Defcon1 exercise going on tomorrow in Denver and also all the BIG WIGS in wallstreet are gone. So Oboma is in a bunker in Colorado with the TOP Brass including Nasa. And the rich are in hiding. Could this all be just a coincedence. Maybe so but one can't help but look around and go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Has anyone heard if there are any related nuclear plants affected from this?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Can't really predict it except that it's not likely to increase in intensity at this point. I'd guess that the worst has passed. The density of the solar wind has gone down and the magnetometers seem to be settling down as well.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...
flux.phys.uit.no...
geomag.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stinger94

I believe they we're experiencing some power outages but must have regained power at some point, check back on the original posts, its not unusual for power to become intermitent when the grid's screwy, sometimes power cuts last for an hour at a time, to return for a few minutes, only to fail once more, and come back to full operation after some more time. techs gotta get out there and fix anything that got fried if thats the case, I believe someone mentioned busted transformers already, you only need to youtube that one to see how those things go >_>

NOAA is showing g1 at present, looks like its quietening down for at least a short period of time. I need to catch some Z's so let it be known, there we're no power cuts on my end so far, everyone take care out there and remember to learn from some of those old examples which we're vastly more off the charts than this, at least so far. peace

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Dont know if this has been posted but got a email from space weather here is what it said.

GEOMAGNETIC STORM: A strong-to-severe geomagnetic storm is in progress following the impact of a coronal mass ejection (CME) at approximately 12:15 UT on Sept. 26th. The Goddard Space Weather Lab reports a "strong compression of Earth's magnetosphere. Simulations indicate that solar wind plasma [has penetrated] close to geosynchronous orbit starting at 13:00UT." Geosynchronous satellites could therefore be directly exposed to solar wind plasma and magnetic fields. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for Northern and Southern Lights after nightfall.

full link

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
All is well here in North Central Texas. No reports of anything unusual to my knowledge.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by demetriandlucy
solar winds knocked down power lines? canada

what the hell is going on

They can fix them. West Coast/Fraser Valley has power. It was just a steady really strong wind from the CME.
I posted a video on that yesterday that said the CME would hit today and it did.

I think you don't understand the question.

Solar wind (moving protons in space) is entirely distinct from actual wind (moving air) which can physically damage power lines the old-fashioned way.

The use of 'wind' and 'storms' to describe solar system plasma effects is entirely meant as analogy, and not literally. The actual physics are quite different. (The density of the solar wind is insignificant compared to the atmosphere at ground level---if it weren't there'd be lots of friction as the Earth revolved in its orbit, and there isn't.)

The primary danger to the Earth from solar storms & winds is to satellites. There could be some electrical oddities induced on power lines, but if it happened you couldn't physically see a thing, the lines would just sit there as usual to the eye.

edit on 26-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So what's the second one showing?
I see no indication of what the scale represent.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Did you say the electronic voting machines got fried nationwide??? I can dream, can't I? Seriously though, I have heard of no additional power outages here in northeast/central Pennsylvania today...but will admit I haven't spent a lot of time looking for that kind of data...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
hi, guys....we had power outages this morning, here in Arizona.....around 7-8 a.m.....phoenix local t.v. off...well, the picture was "frozen".....nothing that I noticed since

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am in Phoenix, have not heard anything on the news regarding any power outages...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Delay in meters at L1.
I haven't figured out exactly what that means. GPS signal phase offset maybe...
Could be the amount that a GPS fix would be messed up.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
At any given time, I would bet there are hundreds of thousands without power world-wide, for various reasons. When I was on a rural electric coop, we would lose power on a calm, sunny day. I need stronger proof this is anything more than normal events.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What do these guys do when the date goes bye and they realise they are talking bollux?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join