It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Australia 1788-2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
Carbon tax is part of a conspiracy. There is no global warming resulting from burning hydrocarbons. The latest scientific evidence from NASA proves it. Yet Mr. ManBearPig calls us fascist and racist for not believing him.

Link with real evidence please.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KnocksMeDead

That may have just been the dumbest thing I believe I've ever read on the internet. If democracy is so "fail", what's your brilliant alternative?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainychica
reply to post by xxdaniel21

sorry, I meant to reply to your post

I think the funniest thing I ever witness while I was down in Australia about a dozen years ago, is that when they had a referendum to "stay with the crown, under the queen" or detach from it, the majority voted for the Queen. I don't get it, even today, I just don't get it. Can someone explain (who's a native of Australia)?

Please could a moderator delete the other one, sorry for the trouble, thanks

I voted against republic because it was a monumental time and money waster. I mean honestly who cares about this kind of rubbish.... Let's just get on with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AussiePatriot

delete this post please
edit on 25-9-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by izero

news.yahoo.com...

Do google searches, you can find plenty of links. Of course one of the prime motives of the conspiracy is too sell nuclear power, which we have all seen how well that works at Fukushima.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
Julias carbon tax is truly another revenue raiser for the fat cats in Canberra- at the expense of ordinary Australians, again..
If Julia the puppet were truly concerned about our 'carbon footprints' then why cut back rebates etc in the solar industry?
Subsidizing every home to install solar panels would surely have a huge impact on our so-called carbon footprints.
But that would cut into their revenue kickbacks from the electricity companies.
Better to burn the little guys this way....
I hate what Julia & every other puppet politician like her, has done to our wonderful country, by selling us out whilst getting richer & fatter themselves.
A**holes

It seems the solar energ scheme was more a scam . First part of the scam was to put the nation into part of the massive debt that is needed to dismantle it as a free functioning country as it is .

Those people who got in early got the 60 cents buy back of energy kilowatts and very cheap solar panels . Those who got in late like me got cut off from the buy back scheme of the kllowatts and ended up investing in solar panels that wont save any money from your bill unless you are a stay home person like a pensioner , during the day .

Otherwise your system is feeding the grid FREE energy all day long . Thats right the power company is getting free energy fed into the grid by all people who get solar now and dont have their own way expensive storage batteries to make your home virtually off the grid .

I paid out 2200 dollars just trying to get in on the 20 cents a kilowatts buyback scheme and they say my solar installer got the application in too late . ...by one day . So now I supply the grid FREE energy which they ask other sucker customers to buy back of them at an increased billing rate on the Green Energy plan . Mine and your free energy that we have fed back into the grid all day long. while our bills will skyrocket .

Even the man working the phone for the power company told me he would not install solar now as its not viable .
So heres to all the green balony the politicians go on about while sabotaging a good green energy plan that was started .

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I totally agree with what you said in your opening thread. I lived in Australia for 4 years and returned to the UK in August this year. I found the whole political thing in Australia so doom and gloom and as though there was nothing to look forward to. Even the charisma of the politicians is about as charismatic as a water melon asleep in a drain. They seem to say so much, but in reality what they say actually means nothing at all. All the politicians seem to do is waffle on and try not to give any kind of answer to any kind of question. They basically get paid for doing nothing at all, as for Julia Gillard, what a puppet and the most boring monotone voiced person who should not even be Prime Minister.

I know that the world is in crisis at the moment and the UK is not the happiest of places at the moment, but I am so glad to have left the shores of Oz. The smile has returned to my face and I never want to return to the shores of Oz again....

All the best to you........

True , very true words , but I am amazed that you find England way better . why are all immigrants rushing to get into australia when our cost of living is jaynormous and and lifestyle is somewhat boring here . ??/

I can never understand them , Someone needs to educate people from India and the rest of the world what an unaffordable hard , lifeless boring lifestyle they are straining to get into .

Thats why the people just drink constantly , to make it look more appealing .
And yes our pollies are THE most lazy of the bunch and suck of the hard working middle class family for the welfare payments that are exceedingly generous as voted upon by themselves .

Oh well what else can you expect from a bunch on convicts . I mean really lets face it convicts are the brightess sparks in the mob and ontop of that we invite more unbright third world or peasant stock to our shores .
Its such a beautifull country though . Best beaches in the world . Amazing place really

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussiePatriot
reply to post by UniverSoul

I'm saddened that you didn't know about Port Arthur Masscre, but for another read if your interested is the supposed disappearance or 'assassination' of Primeminister Harold Holt while he was swimming in 1967. The most I found after searching through the internet was he was executed by the CIA for refusing to allow new American bases on Australian soil.
The police never made a formal statement about his disappearance and claim he just drowned even though his body was never recovered.

edit on 25-9-2011 by AussiePatriot because: (no reason given)

I would love to learn more info about Holts dissappearance . Is their truely no research dont on it ?
If you have any maybe you could post it on a thread . If you do can you send me an alert via PM please .

Such a curious time in our political affairs .

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

I think democracy is a scam. 51% of the population telling the other 49% what to do. The usa is meant to be a constitutional republic not a democracy, yet they want to spread democracy around the world.???

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Almost as nice as New Zealand

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

What's your alternative to democracy then?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AussiePatriot

Wouldnt it be great if people woke up?

In the US, it doesnt matter who gets elected (with the exception of Ron Paul), they all work for the banksters. In Canada, its the same model. Harper was appointed, then re-appointed then re-appointed. Now their debt is skyrocketing.

Its the Rothschilds Zionist Jew banksters at work. Its their central banking debt model. Enslave EVERY government in debt, which is why they hate Islam more than any other reason, no interest or debt allowed.

There needs to be a revolution. We need to arrest the banksters. Unfortunately theyre preparing for that too. FEMA camps and mass Martial Law drills.

edit on 25-9-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

A real constitutional republic.
This link will give you a general idea.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What spooks me about this is the debt to China.

Australia too, wtf?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I am confused, if all this is down to the Zionist Jew Rothschild Bankers then why are chine lending all these billions of dollars to western countries? I know Jewish people get around but I'm pretty sure Jews are few and far between in China...

Please, correct me if I'm wrong?

ETA: Cool picture btw!

edit on 25-9-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Australia is not gonna collapse next year
You guys can't imagine how well you live when compared to the rest of the world. No worries mate
I love Australia

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussiePatriot
Australia as we know it is done for.
Julia Gillard took out Kevin Rudd in a bloodless coup and installed herself with the help of faceless power brokers. All done without any say of the people.
Then came the 'election', and once again installed herself without the true votes of the people as independents and the Greens propped her up.
This government has driven the country into a deficit of over 200 billion dollars on wasted taxpayer funded programs. Compared with just a few years ago when we were in surplus.
Never before has Australia had such an incompetent government, with its WORST primeminister in history.
Gillard is borrowing approx 100 million per day from China when we are supposed to be in a mining boom reaping the profits from China?

At this time there is global uncertainty with debt crises and so on. BUT it gets better, Julia has decided WE need to pay the WORLDS LARGEST CARBON TAX. Why must we pay when China produces most of the pollution?
But wait theres more, there will also be a Mining tax slapped onto the mining giants who produce much of our wealth.
Australia's economy is being compared to other countries that are creating a carbon tax or already have one, most notably New Zealand. Has anyone seen how inflated prices have now become over there? Why do you think so many Kiwis are coming here now?

Just a little food for thought, Julia says she will scrap the flood levy (another tax) sometime next year I think. However, I would just like to point out that no government in the history of Australia has ever taken back a tax what makes you think ##SNIP## will?

If something is not done soon to stop this, Australia WILL collapse by next year. We have the highest house prices in the world, pay more for food than most other western nations, and an increasingly ageing population which will put more strain on already stretched facilities.
It surprises me that we aren't seeing riots about this, or real marches on parliament house. When will the people wake up and realise this government is #ing Australia to death.

edit on Sun Sep 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

i don't feel sorry for them. i don't feel sorry for us, either. that, as usual, is the fault of the people. when they get tired of that, they'll do something about it. Egypt stayed under the boot of dictatorship till the people got tired of it. Libya stayed under the bood of dictatorship until the people got tired of it. in my country, people will continue to put up with the horseshypt of the politicians, and as near as i can tell, aren't quite tired of it yet.

so i don't feel sorry for them. they accepted what happened en masse. and since they don't care, why should i?
edit on 25-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Hey Matey,

Australia ain't cheap. we are extremely over inflated.
You just need to compare the Hooters boneless chicken wings menus between the US & Oz.

Hooters USA. 10 Boneless chicken wings $5.99 on wednesdays or $8.99 every other day of the week

Aussie hooters. 10 boneless wings for $18.95
The australian menu mentions nothing about a serving of fries either.

I was in Guam in May this year which is US territory and my jaw dropped at how cheap in general it was there. granted i don't know if this is comparable to the rest of the USA but Guam is basically one big tourist resort with some military bases there.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by joshter

I think democracy is a scam. 51% of the population telling the other 49% what to do. The usa is meant to be a constitutional republic not a democracy, yet they want to spread democracy around the world.???

everything is a scam. it's just that democracy is less of a scam then everything else.

just sayin...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by convinceme
reply to post by Pervius

Hey Matey,

Australia ain't cheap. we are extremely over inflated.
You just need to compare the Hooters boneless chicken wings menus between the US & Oz.

Hooters USA. 10 Boneless chicken wings $5.99 on wednesdays or $8.99 every other day of the week

Aussie hooters. 10 boneless wings for $18.95
The australian menu mentions nothing about a serving of fries either.

I was in Guam in May this year which is US territory and my jaw dropped at how cheap in general it was there. granted i don't know if this is comparable to the rest of the USA but Guam is basically one big tourist resort with some military bases there.

yea well everything is generally cheap in the United States. some of what you all experience down under has to do with where in the world you are. it's a logistic nightmare, to be sure.

and please don't tell eveyone how much you pay for petrol (gas) down there...people's heads would explode.
edit on 25-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join