It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have kids between 3 and 6 ? Ask them about their pre-existence!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation due to a personal experience I've had as a child of 9 or 10 years. I went to a summer bible camp that lasted about 4 days, while there, the children and I were swimming in the creek and I got caught in the current, long story short, during my out of body experience, an angel told me I could either live the life I'm living now or die and be reborn somewhere else, as you can see I chose to stay.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When my little brother was about 3 he would tell us all his name was Thomas, when it's James, and he would come up telling us about his past life and his other mum and dad. Quite freaky really, we all just decided to ignore it and not make a fuss about it.

It could of just been a child's fantasy and playful thinking. Then again it could have been what your refering to, a past life. He obviously grew out of it and probably can't remember what he used to say.

But who really knows? There will probably never be any proof of such tales, regardless of how detailed and intriguing they may be.
edit on 25-9-2011 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
some people confuse past spirits, for reincarnation. say a spirit, whether good or bad inhabited a foot soldier under the command of the carthaginian general hannibal.

this spirit could have inhabited him and influenced him to join the army. after many battles, the soldier is killed and spirit leaves his body.

after many years wandering, this spirit inhabits another person, carrying all the memories and experiences the spirit had during his time with the soldier.

the new person, unaware, gets flashes and a feeling hes been around for a while. he may even be able to pick up a sword or weapon and it feels natural in his hands.

all the while, being unaware that these feelings aren't his own.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Ive had feelings of familiarity with objects I have no experience with or with places I have never been to. I know a few people who have spoke of these types of feelings as well.

My job takes me all over the places and inside the homes of others. At times it feels as though I've been to some of these places before and for some reason I know the layouts of certain buildings. Some places terrify me even though I dontbknow why.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I wish I had kids, the problem is, I need to find the right woman first lmao.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, about childhood, i can only say,

those were the best years of my life. the ages 0 through 6, were the absolute best. I actually remember the feeling of being inside my mothers womb,... it was so good.

When i was 4, school started, that was nice also,... lots of good memories there,.. there were no worries, everything was peacefull, and i wish i could go back to that time.. lots of playing, and drawing. i drew flowers, my parents, and other stuff.

then i was 5-6, and i had to start to really pay attention in class, which i was not good at, so they gave me a stamp, saying i had a concentration disability, maybe i had that indeed, i just dreamed away during class. I saw colors everywhere, around everyone.

Life became hell as soon as i had to start getting good grades,... i had to compete with other children getting good grades, it went down hill from there...

yes,.. 0 through 4 was the best.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
My son is now 5. And every year around September (since he could talk) he has been going on about a car accident. Now one did occur (coincidentally) the day after when he was 3. My other backed the car into a van when the car was being valeted.

But when I challenged him on this (I thought he was psychic) he stated this wasn't the car he was talking about.

Just last night he had a dream/nightmare about getting hit with by a car. I'm at a loss on this one. Maybe he is reincarnated.

Just my pennies worth.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Does anyone here think these kids have a strong grasp on the difference between waking memories and memories of dreams? Especially if the dreams parallel their life closely.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
When my oldest brother went to college He told me he was in some sort of class that did past-lives regression.
He told me we were brothers during WWII blowing up bridges for the good guys. I need to find some one to take me back too and see what I can come up with. Like I always say I have one foot in this world and the other in the spiritual world.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

that was a cool story, thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
as pre existence ??? do you mean re incarnation .. i have heard many story and there are psychological study.. there has been cases where children before the age of six have spoke of there prior life. with having believing parent they tracked down the friends and family...

It should be noted that a MUCH higher percentage of children speaking of past lives have parents that follow a religion believing reincarnation. I learned about this in psych 111. It is believed the parents of the children questioned were strongly imposing their religious ideologies onto them causing them to believe they were experiencing memories of a past life. We don't even understand how the brain stores memories in gray matter yet how can anybody make the claim somebody is legitimately remembering a previous life experience?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by randomname

Ive had feelings of familiarity with objects I have no experience with or with places I have never been to. I know a few people who have spoke of these types of feelings as well.

My job takes me all over the places and inside the homes of others. At times it feels as though I've been to some of these places before and for some reason I know the layouts of certain buildings. Some places terrify me even though I dontbknow why.

Every bit of that is a result of the power behind the human brain. You have to take a few psychology classes before you can truly begin to appreciate the structure behind your eyes. Our brains are the result of 14 billion years of work, they have hundreds of millions of interconnected neurons firing thousands upon thousands of signals every second. Our brains don't always work properly. They are organic computers. Almost exactly one year after my great grandma died I was outside walking my dog and I smelled my great grandma's perfume. It was very distinct, the smell was there for a while and I recognized it the instant I first smelled it. It's obvious she wasn't there in flesh or "spirit." Our brains never forget anything. Whether you can consciously remember something or not, every memory you've ever had is still inside your skull in your gray matter. Sometimes signals just get jumbled up and random memories are accessed, such as the scent of my grandmothers perfume.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

That is a good point. I remember once when I was about 3-4 years old I had a dream about one of those little electric jeeps that kids ride in. It was actually my first ever lucid dream; I was fully aware that it was a dream but I thought if I could get inside it, I could take it back to the real world with me. When that didn't happen, I got quite upset and told my mom and grandmother about it and of course they had no idea what I was talking about. I'm pretty sure it came out something like "I had it and now its gone, what happened and where is it?"

But that being said, I think this is definitely a subject that needs more "serious" study. I'm not sure if I believe in reincarnation but I'm fascinated with it and am open to the possibility.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I can't prove or disprove but sometimes I will go to this place in my mind that is so familiar I can only discribe it as home. Its kinda like the astral plain but more industrial. A lot of light as well. Almost everyday for a split second I go there and it seems like 5 minutes rather than 5 seconds.I've tried to tell my gf the best I could without coming of as crazy but its like a memory of pre life because in that plain I was no physical I was like the air. W

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Pre-existence is just a way for people deal with the life that currently have. Believing that maybe they had a prior life that was much better than the life they are living now. Example: If I could only go back to who or what I were in my past life, that would change the outcome of whom I am today. Maybe it could make me a better person. People need to reflect on the here and now. Everything else is immaterial. You cannot change what happened a day ago let alone what happened in a previous life. You are who you are.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've had some experience of this with my daughter who from very young has done things unexplainable to me.

At 4 years old I found her sitting in full lotus position - correct arm/hand/finger position as well (up to that point she had never been with anyone outside my presence, so was fairly sure this wasnt taught to her nor had she witnessed yoga) I asked her where she had learnt how to do that, she just shrugged her shoulders and said "I just like sitting like this"
She would also question her skin colour, and ask me why she didnt have brown skin (she would always say it with a great feeling of disappointment) the questioning changed to more 'wishing' she had brown skin as she got older.
She would put any little sticker she found, on her forehead between her eyes (resembling a bindi) for no reason other than 'she liked it like that'.
At 5 she was taken shopping to buy me a sarong for a present, and as I was told later, she made her grandparents go to 6 different shops rejecting everything they had to offer until she found 'the one' which turned out to be very indian in style with elephants on it - was unexpected, if you knew what a 'pink butterflies and flowers' type of girl she was at the time (I know this last fact is more a mum's intuition thing)

I have to add we didnt know anyone personally at the time who came from an Indian/South Asian cultural background, that could possibly have been of influence, nor did she watch much television at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ok. I don’t believe in this stuff, in fact I was taught not to, I was born to a Christian family I grew up rough often with a THIS IS SPARTA personality but perhaps that’s another story. Regardless I do remember something and may have been a dream; you see im very skeptical... I don’t want to believe in the fantastic, but perhaps my life, at least to me has been fantastic. I’m not a sensualist, and I really hate drama and bull Sh**, I remember standing in front of some entity, perhaps deity, and being questioned about my past choices, now I remember nothing before this conversation but I feel that the resolution to the question of life could only be resolved by another life, I was shown how I would live who I would be, and given a choice, and I remember choosing to live again. Then I remember waking up, my first memory is when I was two, my mother my father (who both had severe alcoholism at them time) me and brother. We are in an apartment building in Philadelphia in the ghetto, they sit my brother and me at a candle lit table, my mom, with tears in her eyes, and she explains to us that they will never drink again and go out, and leave us in the apartment alone at night. Then we are put to bed, that night my brother two years older than me, wakes me up. I see a strange entity in the room when he wakes me up. He then carries me to my parent’s room, he tells me they left. Then he carries me outside takes me down a flight of stairs and up another. To our next door apartment, he knocks, a women opens the door sees us, he tells her mommy and daddy left again. I think she was very surprised , yet she understood, she lets us in, and we waited for my parents to come home, I remember seeing there brown beet up Subaru pull up, my brother excitedly yelled,"thats them". That’s my earliest memory, my parents since have been sober for twenty five years. Regardless, the memory I have of choosing my future life seems to have come before, however it could have been an early dream, as I talked to my mom about choosing to live, when I was young. I have to ask my self how I could have even known of the concept of reincarnation to have such a dream. Ill never know, and maybe ill only know once I cross that point again...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I remember before I came down here, but very vaguely. I remember looking down on the earth and then going very fast and landing in the Northwestern USA where I was born. This is my first memory and I will never forget it. I know that sounds stupid but it is a memory I will never forget. I also remember a dream I had when I was about five. I suddenly shot up to look down on the Earth and could see Russia and America. A giant bear stood up and started throwing missiles at the USA and this sick looking yellow Uncle Sam stood up from America and started throwing missiles at the Soviet Union and then I woke up. I was so young that I couldn't have possibly even known about Russia or America but it was all right there in my dream. Sounds crazy and you can laugh if you want but it really happened to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I started to read at a very early age....the first books I wanted to read on my own all concerned space travel and the layout/design of the universe. I was especially fascinated by the Apollo and Shuttle programs. One day when I was about 4,I was reading a book in the library and,according to my mother,I began sobbing. I had just read a book on space flight that explained that hyper space/warp speed/FTL drives were scientifically impossible and mankind would most likely never leave this solar system. According to my mother,I was frantic "that I was trapped here,and could never go home". Shortly after I lost most of my interest in space. I dont have any memories of a life before this one,but I HAVE always felt that I was stuck in the wrong time period....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

Long post indeed, but very interesting

The truth is not known to us. We can only go with our perspective. But I believe your experience might be real...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join