It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have kids between 3 and 6 ? Ask them about their pre-existence!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by dominicus

Again, she said very non-chalantly "oh, that's something my mommy used to say to me". I looked at her and said, "very funny, I've never said that" to which she replied "no, I mean my other mommy".

I believe you without a doubt. I am pretty sure kids have a connection with things we cannot observe anymore. My niece has a disorder which does not impact intelligence but does impact her motorics and emotional conversations. This means she is quite blunt and always says what's on her mind. She always sees beings which communicate with her and there is absolutely no reason to assume she is faking this.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
well like i said i dont believe children. is it more likely that kids lie or that alien souls are coming to earth of all places and not giving up the secrets of the universe?

to me there is no need for reincarnation. ppl say they've seen leprechauns and ghosts and aliens and other odd things but there is no reason to believe them unless you want to believe them. faith.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Yes, "trust no-one" is a very powerful phrase, doesn't mean you need to live by it though

Careful calling kids liars though. These are peoples children, family. Teens I would agree, but 3-6 year old kids, outright liars? Your bitter tone suggests you've never really found any joy in children, which is a shame.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
just asked my lil fella and he says he was a tia fighter pilot that retired because of back problems,
he is only 4 and never seen starwars to my knowlage and if people slate my non spelling of words i have dislexia!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I suspect that reincarnation might actually happen..... but it is just a spossible as some other explanations, like that we can "connect" to other consciousness and memories of lives that were'nt exactly ours, strictly speaking- it's just that those memories ended up in the big soup of collective memory and experience.

I would never ask my kids such a thing. I would only listen if they began to talk of it of their own accord and refrain from much questions as much as possible. I would be too afraid of leading them and planting ideas without meaning to.

None of mine talked of a past life, though one of mine had a LOT to say about "snakes" which he encountered, and when he saw an image of the typical "grey" pointed at it and said THAT was one of the snakes. He was only two and had a rather complex story to share for a child that age, but even then all I did was listen. Any commentary on my part at all would influence in some way. So I listened silently and took it all with a grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Kids are NOT liars and are not ignorant, I think kids that age tell more truth than anything, they don't even know how to lie at that age.

Although I think it is very easy to "influence" their answers, to make them say what you want them to say. I don't think a child aged 3-6 would lie purposefully.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueSkies

Is she by any chance on the Autism spectrum and if yes, how old is she? Has she had this acuity her whole life? I ask this for a reason...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

NO NEED to cause upet to any parent in ANY way!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

i dont believe children that say things that sound reasonably false.

i dont care if i hurt ppls feelings, ill call them out. like children are suppose to be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Huh??? I think you completely misunderstood my intentions. As I stated, I'm a parent myself and would never insult or upet another parent in any way. I said that I was asking for a reason and would have shared that reason/similar experience if he/she felt comfortable answering my question. I wasn't trying to insult or hurt her in any way and I'm sorry if it came across as such.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

You obviously don't have children or any understanding of them beyond some type of contempt. It you're not interested in discussing this in a useful way, I would suggest you move on to the next topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

my friend's kid lies all the time. kids can lie believe it on not. and they are ignorant by definition. i wouldnt believe something that sound reasonably false without proper evidence, doesn't matter if it's coming from an adult or kid.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

My 5 year old told me the purpose of life is to learn about the one before. That was before anyone discussed reincarnation with him. Upon discussing the subject he seems rather clued in on it.

He also has blonde hair and blue eyes and we all have brown hair and brown/hazel eyes. Of our 3 children so far, he is the only 'different' one.

And we love him dearly. As we love all of ours.
edit on 25-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

i do want to talk about this.
try taking in others views. i wouldnt believe anyone just because, especially just because of their age. some kids dont talk about past lives, some talk about imaginary friends etc. how could you just believe everything?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by BlueSkies

Is she by any chance on the Autism spectrum and if yes, how old is she? Has she had this acuity her whole life? I ask this for a reason...

No it's a very rare syndrom, don't even know the name but it's not autism. She is 7 now, but she has had these stories to her parents since she could talk.

I do have an autistic nephew who I had a conversation with lately. He is 12 and he says he regularly sees being such as knights and so on. I ask them if he thinks they are real or not. And he told me they seem as real to him as he could see me sitting next to him.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

i wouldnt believe something that sound reasonably false without proper evidence, doesn't matter if it's coming from an adult or kid.

Your kid: Daddy a bully took my dinner money!

You: Pics or it didn't happen, son.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

i do want to talk about this.
try taking in others views. i wouldnt believe anyone just because, especially just because of their age. some kids dont talk about past lives, some talk about imaginary friends etc. how could you just believe everything?

What makes you think these friends are imaginary. Did you ever consider they are as real as can be, however you just can't see them?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

oh wow. that sounds completely reasonable. i can check for the money and there is nothing supernatural about that.

then there's;

dad a blue dragon took my pixie dust.

understand there is a difference, im not just typing words, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
well like i said i dont believe children. is it more likely that kids lie or that alien souls are coming to earth of all places and not giving up the secrets of the universe?

to me there is no need for reincarnation. ppl say they've seen leprechauns and ghosts and aliens and other odd things but there is no reason to believe them unless you want to believe them. faith.

I think kids wil definitely lie to get what they want (candy, avoid punishment, etc). But I have no clue why they would lie about seeing beings? There does not seem to be a benefit for them to tell this lie and this story is very consistent amongst kids.

I agree it takes faith to believe these stories. But always keep in mind a lot of people did not believe the world was round for a long time because they could not see for themselves.

link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Oh I know kids "can" lie, I just don't think they "lie" on purpose, my kids didn't lie when they were that age, they didn't even know what a lie was. I do believe kids can and will lie, but that young ...... I don't think they do.

But what do I know .... I just have two kids, who I've been told are "good" kids, so maybe kids that age can and do lie.

Anyway my kids are too old for this experiment they are 9 and 11.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join