It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have kids between 3 and 6 ? Ask them about their pre-existence!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueSkies

yes just believe everything everyone tells you. i can trust someone to an extent but that trust is based on our relationship, even then i would not believe my own mother is she said that a unicorn gave her a ride to mars.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by vjr1113

Kids are NOT liars and are not ignorant, I think kids that age tell more truth than anything, they don't even know how to lie at that age.

Although I think it is very easy to "influence" their answers, to make them say what you want them to say. I don't think a child aged 3-6 would lie purposefully.

As I said in my above post. I definitely know they lie if it's in their beneift (to get candy and so on). Another option is they lie to tell you what you want to hear because want to please their parents. But I do not believe they would make up lies if there is no benefit to them.

Asking your kid is tricky, because they might actually understand you want to hear a positive answer and they'll give you one. I think if they start talking about it themselves is a pretty good clue there is something going on.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
i dont believe in reincarnation because the population on earth is growing so are souls created? no one could possibly know this.i dont believe children, they are liars and ignorant.
edit on 25-9-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

I don't know if reincarnation exists or not, but if it does, there is another way of looking at it that doesn't cause the population growth=creation of souls problem. If time is a parameter of our physical existence, our souls or whatever you want to call it may not be bound by the same laws we are (such as gravity). In a "souls" evolution toward enlightenment, the next life may not be in the future, maybe it is in the past. Do we have to incarnate based on the time the physical world is working with? Some philosophies teach that time itself is nothing but an illusion. Where it gets interesting, is if you follow this line of thinking, there is nothing to say you couldn't be living multiple lives simultaneously.

I don't necessarily believe this, but then I don't place my belief in anything that cannot be proven or at least have some kind of evidence.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Yes, I'll agree that children do sometimes lie but they don't do so for the reasons we're discussing. They typically lie when they feel that their back is against the wall and they want to avoid blame or punishment. In my instance, none of these factors were involved, we didn't ask her if she had any other life experiences or incite her response in any way. I merely commented on the color of the sunset and she quoted a poem from an entirely different culture which she has never been exposed to. To say that this isn't true simply because "all children life" is a rather unrefined and ignorant statement. Sorry but I call it as I see it...
edit on 9/25/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/25/2011 by timidgal because: hit wrong button

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

im sorry that i took it the wrong way,
realy i honatsly apologise i jus thought about it the wrong way yet again sorry

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

yes just believe everything everyone tells you. i can trust someone to an extent but that trust is based on our relationship, even then i would not believe my own mother is she said that a unicorn gave her a ride to mars.

Last thing I will say about this is believing everything and believing nothing are two extremes. It's quite alright to be skeptical and not believe everything. I am in fact skeptical and do not believe everything myself. But I have a lot of experience with kids and I do not believe they are straight forward liars. Specifically on the topic of imaginary friends I believe this might be more real than you think is possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

lol perhaps all children lie in a little harsh, i was just trying to make a point.

i guess my main point is not to trust anyone just because. i know ppl want to believe their child but ppl like me exist and they most likely dont believe the extraordinary claims those kids say.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I am relieved you didn't take my question in the wrong way and your answer is somewhat uncanny about your nephew. I too have a nephew on the Austism spectrum who said THE SAME EXACT THING about seeing knights when he was younger. His parents would hear him talking in his bedroom after everyone had gone to bed and he would tell them that his friend, a knight, had either appeared or climbed in through his window. I find that so interesting. He is now a young man and although he has, through the years, become "programmed" to not speak of such things (at least that's my feeling), he still has a preoccupation with the whole medieval era and will play any video game he can get his hands on that includes characters from that time.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

I am relieved you didn't take my question in the wrong way and your answer is somewhat uncanny about your nephew. I too have a nephew on the Austism spectrum who said THE SAME EXACT THING about seeing knights when he was younger. His parents would hear him talking in his bedroom after everyone had gone to bed and he would tell them that his friend, a knight, had either appeared or climbed in through his window. I find that so interesting. He is now a young man and although he has, through the years, become "programmed" to not speak of such things (at least that's my feeling), he still has a preoccupation with the whole medieval era and will play any video game he can get his hands on that includes characters from that time.

Interesting you have the exact same experience with your nephew. Another interesting trend is there seem to be more and more children diagnozed with autism or various types of "abnormal" behavior patterns. You might wonder if more kids have disorders or if humantiy is in fact changing the way of communication slowly but steadily.
edit on 25-9-2011 by BlueSkies because: changed "people" into "humanity"

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

i do want to talk about this.
try taking in others views. i wouldnt believe anyone just because, especially just because of their age. some kids dont talk about past lives, some talk about imaginary friends etc. how could you just believe everything?

I do try to take in others' views but not when the other can't state his/her arguments from direct experience. You cite instances with your friends' kids but it's entirely different when it's your own child; you are usually able to innately tell when he/she is lying and perhaps this is a concept that's hard to understand if you have no children of your own. This is not about believing a child because you think he/she can do no wrong or because of his/her age - as you said before yourself - children are ignorant by definition (although I prefer the term "innocent") and usually wouldn't know how to lie at that very young age outside of self-preservation. As for just believing anything, I find that somewhat humorous because that's hardly what we're addressing here.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

No worries and all forgotten!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have three children, one is only just turned two and is not great at talking at all. However my oldest when she was two had great speach. One day while driving with my completly closed minded ex husband, my daughter pointed and said "thats where I used to live, but you werent my mummy yet and dad wasnt my dad. I had another mummy and daddy then". We had never asked her any questions regarding that subject. For a period of about a year till nursery she regularly told us about this life. My middle child never spoke about such things so we never asked. After this experience I firmly believe in re incarnation.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

The ironic thing is that you're talking to someone here who is typically the ultimate skeptic and mistrustful of people I don't know personally, so I kind of get your point in a round about way. You obviously don't have kids of your own yet and I just thought you took it a bit too far in this argument without some direct experience. Perhaps one day you'll be able to relate to what I'm saying. In the meantime, no harm, no foul...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkies

Interesting you have the exact same experience with your nephew. Another interesting trend is there seem to be more and more children diagnozed with autism or various types of "abnormal" behavior patterns. You might wonder if more kids have disorders or if humantiy is in fact changing the way of communication slowly but steadily.
edit on 25-9-2011 by BlueSkies because: changed "people" into "humanity"

Interesting point and perhaps our communication or way of thinking or perceiving things is evolving in some different way.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Whosthatgirl

I have a feeling that there would be many others who could share such stories if the hour weren't so late for most of the readership. Only those of us who are insomniacs can contribute at this hour.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is kind of off topic but I'll tell the story anyway... when my son was almost 3 (He's 4 now) I had this wall projector / slide show of planets , galaxies , stars... etc set up in his room at night for bedtime. I turn the thing on and I start talking to him about it and asking him questions about it... my intention was to teach him about the solar system. So the first slide is a cluster of stars , I ask him "hey bud, can you tell me what that is?" he says "Stars!" I'm thinking "cool" I go "good job!" , the next slide is the sun , I ask him " do you know what that is?" pointing to the sun , he tells me "That's the sun" I say "Very Good!!!" the next slide is a photo of earth , I go "I bet you don't know what this one is!" He says matter of factly "Thats ERF!" I was a little surprised...lol I go , "How'd you know that!?!" he goes "because that's where I live , we're on ERF now!" I go "but where'd you learn that buddy?" he just smiled & shrugged and said "I dunno!?!"

It was funny to me because up until that time, I assumed that he only knew what I had taught him... or that I knew what he knew... apparently not!

I'll have to ask him if he remembers anything else!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Whosthatgirl

I have a feeling that there would be many others who could share such stories if the hour weren't so late for most of the readership. Only those of us who are insomniacs can contribute at this hour.

What can I say, I am an evening person

I am open minded with skepticism. I exclude nothing and I do not believe anything at random. For me reincarnation and the fact that we perceive the world all different are personal truths. I think everyone has these experiences as a kid, but only few have any recollection. Our training via parents, ethics, schools, society and what not more just drills us in a certain believe system.

As Buddha said: your thoughts create your world. The evidence is everywhere in us and around us, unfortunately our society has put all it's money on the scientific evidence. So this is probably why we are on earth anyway. To learn about such things. Imagine you pass away and you go back to spirit and you look back at your life and you realize how blind you were... And then you get another try in a next life.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
This is kind of off topic but I'll tell the story anyway... when my son was almost 3 (He's 4 now) I had this wall projector / slide show of planets , galaxies , stars... etc set up in his room at night for bedtime. I turn the thing on and I start talking to him about it and asking him questions about it... my intention was to teach him about the solar system. So the first slide is a cluster of stars , I ask him "hey bud, can you tell me what that is?" he says "Stars!" I'm thinking "cool" I go "good job!" , the next slide is the sun , I ask him " do you know what that is?" pointing to the sun , he tells me "That's the sun" I say "Very Good!!!" the next slide is a photo of earth , I go "I bet you don't know what this one is!" He says matter of factly "Thats ERF!" I was a little surprised...lol I go , "How'd you know that!?!" he goes "because that's where I live , we're on ERF now!" I go "but where'd you learn that buddy?" he just smiled & shrugged and said "I dunno!?!"

It was funny to me because up until that time, I assumed that he only knew what I had taught him... or that I knew what he knew... apparently not!

I'll have to ask him if he remembers anything else!

I don't think this is off topic at all. He still remembered he is on earth to live and learn. He also remembers this is not his true home, just the place he lives now...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I recall a recent study done that points to a specific part of the DNA that records memory

Is it possible that all memories are embedded into DNA yet only most important survival methods are ultimately recalled,

Except in freak occurrences, like the lady that had a stroke and woke up speaking German

What if the stroke damaged a link to the modern language learned,
And reverted to a previous connection/code embedded in the DNA of the subject in order to continue to be able to communicate ?

Thoughts ?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
We all believe the parents are here to teach our kids in a one way direction. I believe the teaching is purely a two way direction. We can learn as much (if not more) from our kids as they learn from us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join