It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have kids between 3 and 6 ? Ask them about their pre-existence!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Now i remembered my pre-existence at 28. But ive found many of my friends' and families kids between these ages also discussing their own pre-existence and they talk about choosing their parents, God, wars, and many things that technically they dont even know about yet.

So lets ask what the ats kids are saying.
edit on 24-9-2011 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This topic has no logic and it's a complete paradox. Define 'pre-existence' please.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't understand the question, my kids have never talked about anything they shouldn't know about

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is a paradox, why are you creating a paradox my darling Rose Tyler ?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
This topic has no logic and it's a complete paradox. Define 'pre-existence' please.

He means pre-flesh-and-bone existence. Like, what your spirit does before you are born or, perhaps if you swing that way, what past lives you've gone through.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You have to be careful with how you approach this. Young children and people in general are very impressionable. We create false memories every day whether it is in minute details of everyday happenings or whole events. When I was young my parents took me to church weekly and I would go to a church daycare during the week. When I was about 4 or 5 I remember telling my mother how I could remember choosing her over my friend's mom and who was there asking me which one I wanted? Jesus of course! Well, I am now 26 and I am 99% convinced that my constant bombardment of Jesus talk led me to dream the "pre existence" event and me being highly impressionable at that time took it for reality.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
as pre existence ??? do you mean re incarnation .. i have heard many story and there are psychological study.. there has been cases where children before the age of six have spoke of there prior life. with having believing parent they tracked down the friends and family... they actually had a story on a new show after ghost hunters ....

anyway my son is to young as of now.. but if his sole picked me i wonder what he was thinking ....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I remember watching a show about a young boy who seemed to have memories from a WWII fighter pilot who died in combat. Even the relatives of the person who the boy seemed to have memories from believed in his story.

It was a very interesting story and I found it to be believable myself. That being said, I would never under any circumstances encourage a parent to begin asking a young child about a "pre-existence," or do that to my children. If for some reason, as in the above case, I would be more likely to consider it. Asking a young child about memories from a previous life could have potentially harmful results.

Here is a link to what I believe to be the story I mention above and a link to the ABC News video report. I don't think that is the same program I watched though. I believe it was something on the Science or Discovery channel on reincarnation.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i dont believe in reincarnation because the population on earth is growing so are souls created? no one could possibly know this.i dont believe children, they are liars and ignorant.
edit on 25-9-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

link   
I have done this with both my girls..ages 3 and 5. Neither one had much to say...they are pretty tight lipped?

link   
In my opinion children are more perceptive/aware of paranormal-esque topics than adults, well enough to the point I would call it theory. The best accounts involving past lives seem to come from children. Heck, when I was a kid I on occasion freaked my parents out because I would ask them about the people standing in our house that I could see but they couldn't.

There are many stories like this going back generations in my family, and I suspect that it is the same with many families, if parents pay attention to the subtle things that children say, instead of chocking it up to imagination. This topic is actually what got me in to researching the possibility of reincarnation.

I say if you have young children, ask them something along the lines of if they can remember anything before they were born, or something similar. I think it would be a good thing to develop psychic-like abilities with children, instead of suppressing them as happens with the majority of people. We are all born with these innate abilities, but social programming causes us to "tune out."

I understand that children are impressionable, but just because they are children doesn't mean they don't know anything, or that they are wrong. Just be careful when approaching the topic, although I doubt serious damage would be done if brought up in the correct way. Maybe they won't know what you are talking about...In which case you can just drop it...But I would let them know that they can talk to you about stuff like that. I don't have kids yet btw, lol...Good luck to anyone who attempts this, and I would love to hear the results.

There was a great thread on someone's child that pertained to this subject, but I cannot remember who started it. I believe the user was female though, and her daughter was saying things, and she was wondering where in the world she was getting this stuff...But apparently it wasn't coming from "this world," lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I remember sitting outside once and one of my friends twins asked me what I was doing. I just said "I'm looking for UFO's", I didn't go into detail or want to push the subject with a 4 year old (or go into an explanation or anything) but I did jokingly ask, "have you seen any?" to which he replied "Yes, they're big and very fast" - or similar. I was astounded. It was almost a perfect answer to something I couldn't contemplate how he would've known.

That said - your "idea" is not actually that bad. There are strange and wonderful things to be learned from kids. It's almost depressing how most parents would never dream of crossing the barrier of this kind of thought with their children. Of course, I agree about not wanting to over influence your children, give them ideas of scare them. But anyone with kids is well aware things can be worded in a pleasant and fun manner with young children and you can gain some wonderful insights. Even if what they say isn't provable, at least tapping into their imagination can help you understand your own.

People often seen 'aura's' around their kids, at night for example. And it's my belief whatever is happening there is encapsulating the child as well and they are probably aware of the events, subconsciously perhaps - but still able to refer to them for a significant period afterwards. That's theory though. I just like your method here. Delve into your kids minds a bit more, and if you get some preexistence material, even better! Though that would be quite a tough subject to try and talk about with them... I suppose you could ask them if they've ever been an animal
IMO They're more likely to answer with something that fills their beliefs than with whatever they recently played with their friends, if that makes sense? Anyway, nice. Star for you

edit on 25-9-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
anyway my son is to young as of now.. but if his sole picked me i wonder what he was thinking ....

LOL good question! I think I would have to ask my own children what the hell were they were thinking!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

My son is a teenager now, but when he was around three years of
age, my wife and I "interrogated " him as to his "origins".
Actually it was a playful kind of thing. He was/ is our first (and only)
child, just learning to talk, and of course children say the cutest things.
So we decided to query him with questions like:
"Where did you come from?" "Did you come from your mommy's tummy?"
"Did you come from the cabbage patch?" "Did you come from another planet?"
At one point he got a really serious expression on his face, like he
was actually trying to figure it all out. (And I actually think he did!)
With classic child eloquence and tact he declared:
" I just want to be a little boy"

So I think he put out the proverbial "Do Not Disturb" sign at that time.
And I've left it alone ever since then.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Good idea for a thread!

Unfortunately, most members don't know what you're talking about.

You should make more of a real report about your own experiences. About talking to kids and about how you remembered the stuff about yourself.

I know one person who talked to me about her past life. She remembered it as a result of auditing she got when she was a teenager. She was very matter-of-fact about it and seemed relieved that she could remember. But after a while it was no longer interesting and she just carried on with her life.

I have seen and read about several cases of kids talking about past lives. Some of them are quite articulate about it and others not so much. If they were deceived or confused in a past life about something, they are likely to remember it imperfectly. They may also not wish to talk about things they are ashamed of.

And they may not realize that the stories they share could be thrown in their faces later. So it has to be done with care and understanding. And no invalidation. Very difficult for many parents!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
as pre existence ??? do you mean re incarnation .. i have heard many story and there are psychological study.. there has been cases where children before the age of six have spoke of there prior life. with having believing parent they tracked down the friends and family... they actually had a story on a new show after ghost hunters ....

He might have picked you because you need to learn something from him...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I remember when my daughter was around four years old, we were sitting down for dinner one night and our kitchen had a huge bay window through which the sun would shine in. Well, the sun was positioned in such a way as to shine directly into my husband's eyes that night so I got up from the dinner table and started to draw the blinds. I made a comment about how the sunset was so pretty and was an unusual reddish-orange color when my four year old, still acting normal and looking out the window from her seat, said something like "red sky at night, shepard's delight, red sky in the morning, shepard's warning". My husband and I looked at each other and then he asked her what she had said. Again, she said very non-chalantly "oh, that's something my mommy used to say to me". I looked at her and said, "very funny, I've never said that" to which she replied "no, I mean my other mommy". She was definitely not playing us and it appeared as if she felt it was very natural for her to say that. My husband and I looked at each other and he later told me that all of the blood had drained from my face so he decided to quickly just change the subject. I couldn't remember the exact words she had used at the time but I looked up something like "shepard's red sky" and found the wording above, which I learned was an old Scottlish saying. Neither my husband nor I have ever forgotten that but I asked my daughter about it a few years ago (when she was around 12 years old) and she had no memory of it at all.

To this day, I do believe that my daughter was having a memory from a past life and that at the age of four, she couldn't discern or didn't know that it was unusual for her to remember and blurt it out so innocently. I myself had some unusual "sensitivities" when I was a young child (and still do) which I didn't understand and was always afraid that she might have inherited some of those same sensitivities, but I'm glad to say that at the age of 15, she's a typical, self-absorbed teenager with seemingly no connection or conscious awareness to anything outside of her own little sphere of self.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
i dont believe in reincarnation because the population on earth is growing so are souls created? no one could possibly know this.i dont believe children, they are liars and ignorant.

Thank you for sharing your views!

I agree that population growth is an oddity that is difficult to account for.

One theory is that souls get dumped here from other systems that are trying to get rid of people. Others think that there are plenty of souls around. If they can't get a body they just hang out until one pops up.

Some also think that several groups are sending people (as spirits) here on purpose in order to accomplish something special.

I don't worry too much about the mechanics. There is too much evidence validating the phenomenon to ignore it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I believe reincarnation is very possible. What's so crazy about the idea of new souls being born? If you look at the behavior of humans you might very well wonder if some are inhabited by more mature souls than others.

Children might learn lying and deceiving from the crib. Both parents and other humans in their world lie all the time (mostly white lies and I am sure quite a bit non-white lies). They may be on to it and learn at young age this is necessary for survival on the world earth.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

Thank you for sharing your views!

I agree that population growth is an oddity that is difficult to account for.

One theory is that souls get dumped here from other systems that are trying to get rid of people. Others think that there are plenty of souls around. If they can't get a body they just hang out until one pops up.

Some also think that several groups are sending people (as spirits) here on purpose in order to accomplish something special.

I don't worry too much about the mechanics. There is too much evidence validating the phenomenon to ignore it.

So are we all the same person then ? It's like the creepy-pasta I read once! It didn't make any sense, I believe some people are reincarnated but not all. The population boom is another big hole in the theory.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join