It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have kids between 3 and 6 ? Ask them about their pre-existence!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
I recall a recent study done that points to a specific part of the DNA that records memory

Is it possible that all memories are embedded into DNA yet only most important survival methods are ultimately recalled,

Except in freak occurrences, like the lady that had a stroke and woke up speaking German

What if the stroke damaged a link to the modern language learned,
And reverted to a previous connection/code embedded in the DNA of the subject in order to continue to be able to communicate ?

Thoughts ?

First of all I think anything's possible.

Second, what do you mean with memories? Do you mean memories of prior life or all memories of everything that ever happened in life for all humanity?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Well I have always thought of this. People tend to not remember their childhood, usually when they reach 4~6 years old then they start to remember things. This make me re-think Leonardo's question in Inception about dreams, we don't really know where we came from, we just appear in that situation in the dream.

So are we dreaming now ?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkies
We all believe the parents are here to teach our kids in a one way direction. I believe the teaching is purely a two way direction. We can learn as much (if not more) from our kids as they learn from us.

AGREED!!! He teaches me more about life than I teach him I'm sure!

The Obligatory 2nd...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by BlueSkies
We all believe the parents are here to teach our kids in a one way direction. I believe the teaching is purely a two way direction. We can learn as much (if not more) from our kids as they learn from us.

AGREED!!! He teaches me more about life than I teach him I'm sure!

The Obligatory 2nd...

And 3rd!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueSkies

mem·o·ry   [mem-uh-ree]
noun, plural -ries.
the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences.

Yeah i just mean memories that are Observed/Experienced/Learnt

Although i am a firm believer in the collective conscience or hive mind as some like to put it

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
I recall a recent study done that points to a specific part of the DNA that records memory

Yeah, this is a theory I find especially interesting!

When my husband and I first came to the area we are now living in, I immediately felt "attached" to this land, I don't know how to explain it.... it was like I knew this place, like I belonged here. (and I still feel that way).

Months after moving, when my dad was doing research on our family tree, he calls me up to let me know he found out I have a great-great-great grandmother who was from France. She had been a protestant and escaped to the US. More research came up with the discovery that she had been from this exact area! (most likely this town).

So sometimes I wonder if that is not where this deep gut-level attachment to this place comes from.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

wow that sent shivers up my spine

I love this sort of stuff.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
People who are skeptical about things such as this should watch the video documentary below before coming to any conclusion. At least explain the facts being presented.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
DP (from the future)
edit on 25-9-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by BlueSkies

I do have an autistic nephew who I had a conversation with lately. He is 12 and he says he regularly sees being such as knights and so on. I ask them if he thinks they are real or not. And he told me they seem as real to him as he could see me sitting next to him.

He might have schizophrenia in that case, although young people can simply have imaginary friends. My younger sister said the same thing when she was little to me once. In any case, it has always baffled me how someone could see something so realistic like that. I personally think there is a non-conventional answer to what is going on.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I don't remember any pre-existence, but I know a man who did. He had real issues, because from about 2-3 years of age he started to speak italian instead of the normal language. He knew he had another name, where he lived before etc, but he never realized he was 3. The family had a lot of issues and they learnt italian for him.

After a couple of years he forgot everything even the language and he is now a normal man, no supernatural stuff. He can't even understand italian.

It's really sad when a child tells his mother, you are not not my mother, her name was something and died 40 years ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This thread is very interesting.

I have contributed to a few threads on the same topic (or the general topic of past lives, dreams, etc) but in different forums.
I must say i find it quite intriguing to hear other people's accounts, or stories of their own experiences. I'm not one to discredit people's own beliefs or real life encounters. However, for the sake of this argument, i'd like to point out that i agree with the susceptibility of young children by theism, (and a-theism) as well as social influences. In saying that, i like to look at my encounters with an open mind as there is still somewhat a bit of mystery surrounding the subject.

But i digress. The EARLIEST memory i have of myself pops up every so often when i listen to music, or smell something nostalgic. I feel "little" in one such memory, so i don't feel like an adult, but there is some sort of "age factor involved". This memory where i feel small is in a large grey factory where i seem to be wondering around. An empty place consisting of steel and concrete - nothing else. But i don't ever recall being in, or seeing anything like it throughout what i can remember of my childhood. This would lead me to believe it hasn't been influenced, but i may be wrong. Other such memories involve me being in a sort of "tunnel", where i've felt ethereal or in some state of flight. However there were stars around me that were becoming lines through the "persistance of vision" effect.

What makes this more interesting is that i am an "a"theist, and the memories i've had have never involved religious beliefs or entities. Rather just myself in a travelling state. I guess you could say i've remembered these same memories because i have been interested in the topic of "recalling a past life" from an early age, and would ask my kids the same question as soon as they can talk to reduce the amount of "influences" on the account.

Now i had a strange dream a month or so ago that involved a medieval coastal battle involving sail ships. I recalled the flags of the ships belonging to the genoan and venecian"states" of the italian peninsula prior to the unification of italy as well as how the coast was layed out which involved a small town to my left. Then my father got the great idea to google it - It was an actual battle that took place during the venetian-genoese wars
en.wikipedia.org...
The artistic impressions of the landscape were near identical to that of my dream. Now here's where it gets stranger. I felt like i was on the venetian side, and felt threatened by the presence of the king george flag (genoa). One of the commanders on the venetian side was named "andrea dandolo" - "dandolo" being a nickname my nonno called me from birth, until he passed away.

It is hard for me to believe this particular dream was influenced by research or reading through the internet as i have never generated enough of an interest into northern italian history and wars through the middle ages. Therefore this dream would have been entirely off either "imagination" or a "memory".

I apologize for the size of this comment, but i just signed up to ATS (this being my first post) and wanted to contribute my experience and memories in what is an extremely intriguing topic. I just has to sign up after seeing so many good posts.

On a slightly lighter note, i found the comment by "timidgal"

"no, I mean my other mommy"

quite funny. Obviously i'm not being serious, but did the thought of infidelity cross your mind at all?
I don't mean to offend, it just popped up as i was reading seeing your husband was so quick to shrug it off. Just my attempt at trying to be a bit funny.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't know if this counts, but when I was somewhere between that age, my mom was telling how, how if something that happened, did not, I wouldn't have been born. I remember looking up at her and saying I would have been born as someone else... I just remembered that a year back or so, sends me for a trip that I would say something like that at such a young age

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
When my 7 year old was only 4 he used to tell us stories about robots from outer space and how they are bad and wish to destroy humans.

I don't know where he got this from, could have been from is or TV who knows. It was quite entertaining and cute. He would speak of this often and in detail. He even drew pictures of the robot aliens. He seemed convinced.

I actually asked him about it the other day if he remembers and he still does. So I asked him if he still believes in his theory and told me of course.

To my kids its not a question of there being alien life but rather where it is. Probably due to the beliefs I instilled in them and because kids TV programming in rife with alien subject matter.

Either way my son was the only four year old I ever met who spoke of alien invasion and the possibility of autonomous life forms.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

I've always maintained that view point, even at a young age - as you mentioned. Although, i always assumed it was influenced by a mainstream view of existence, rather than an actual memory.
The belief that we are not meant to exist under a specific family, rather that we are meant to exist in one way or another. I'm sure i could've been born under a different mother and father that "never met". Different possibilities.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Soul Survivor

I recently read the book entitled Soul Survivor , about the kid (James Leininger) who claimed to be the reincarnated WWII Fighter Pilot.
As an aviation buff and former private pilot, it really piqued my interest.

It began when he began explaining his drawings to his parents and what they meant to him.
They were recounting WWII Naval battle scenes....that he claimed to have partaken in.

Very intriguing because first and foremost, he knew a considerable amount about American and Japanese WWII planes as well as piloting and even recognized all of his former shipmates. all at 4-5 years old.

How many 4 year olds know what a preflight inspection is AND what to look for as well as how to perform it ?
Neither of his parents were pilots and/or had any piloting experience.
And these are things you don't learn from Microsoft flight simulator.

Later In fact one of the ship mates/pilots tried to spoof him and the kid even called him on it and identified him correctly by name.

Here's the passage from the book:

"On that morning as they were walking out of the ready room, Andrea and James were stopped by a handsome man in a polo shirt. They had never seen him before.
The man looked down at James and asked in a hearty, robust voice, "Do you know who I am ?" James looked him in the eye, thought for a second, and replied, "You're Bob Greenwalt ". The man looked shocked. He laughed a little nervously and said "That's right."
Andrea asked, "You're really Bob Greenwalt?" And he said yes.

Later in their room, Bruce asked his son, "How did you know that ?" "I recognized his voice,"he told his father.

Even Greenwalt, who calls himself a "rational skeptic," was impressed."

Great book, if you are willing to open your mind to it.

Soul Survivor by Bruce and Andrea Leininger

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316962768&sr=1-1

PEACE

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

i told my mum i had another life before her when i was 3 (apperently)

this freaked her out

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
When my 7 year old was only 4 he used to tell us stories about robots from outer space and how they are bad and wish to destroy humans.

I don't know where he got this from, could have been from is or TV who knows. It was quite entertaining and cute. He would speak of this often and in detail. He even drew pictures of the robot aliens. He seemed convinced.

I actually asked him about it the other day if he remembers and he still does. So I asked him if he still believes in his theory and told me of course.

To my kids its not a question of there being alien life but rather where it is. Probably due to the beliefs I instilled in them and because kids TV programming in rife with alien subject matter.

Either way my son was the only four year old I ever met who spoke of alien invasion and the possibility of autonomous life forms.

Sounds like he was watching Transformers to me

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't have any memories from life before or any kids. I have experianced the awakening.

The concepts I needed to understand to awake:
1 Karma and rebirth. This took away all stress I had been feeling in my life and all preasure to preform. The idee was that all people evolve as souls and some lifes you go forward and sometimes you go backwards. But there is no hurry, you have how many lifes as you need. It is not a race. I have evolved to this point since Big Bang. In the end everybody that is farther will help the ones that are lagging behind. We can't reach the end until all souls have learned. Karma is a natural law but not a punishment. It is the proof of how much you have grown and you cannot cheat the lesson that you need to learn.
2 Heaven and hell is a state of mind. I had before thought that I was in hell. The thought was that heaven and hell is not a place you got to after death for me but how you percive your world. Im not sure i don't belive in a state where people can have their mind in hell when they die and might have problem getting away from it.
3 Loss of ego. I lost my sense of being better than everyone else. Even the ones that have treated me badly. They do not understand what they are doing. We all have the same worth. There is nobody above or below me.
4 The understanding that I was at the right place at the right time. Many things that seemed random made sense. All things matter. That you exists and actions changes the whole universe. Just you being here changes how the whole universe moves by Newtons law of gravity. You are important.
5 All is one and one is all that exists. This is the place where I understood the connection to everything.
The atom is a part of a molecule, is a part of a cell, is part of you, is part of social group, is part of earth, is part of solar system, is part of galaxy, is part of physical reality, (unknown number of parts that I don't know of), is part of all. The 1, the everything, the GOD. I am a part of GOD as a cell is a part of my body. The concept that two people are the same but still unique. They are both "cells" but are at a different place in spacetime and have evolved differently. I am a spirit having a human experiance.

When I got this thought I heard 3 sound in my head (would call them knocks) and everything was different but still the same. The first thought after was "That was not churchbells".

After that I became more calm. Everything is as it should be. You are evolving at your own pace and when you stand still you will be pushed to keep changing. People that go the wrong way will create their own hell to make them understand that they need to change. I now can feel energy going thru my body. From my head down to my back. Sometimes I feel it in my legs and my arms but the most feeling is on the top of my head. I don't see auras or see guides/angels yeet. But I when I trust my intuition I avoid things that can be unplesant. I have had deja vu:s experiances all my life but they haven't been useful.

Read this post with a critical mind. Everyone has their own world and their own road to follow. What works for me might not work for you. I don't say that above should be your belief. It's the belief that I am meant to have at this point in time. I will not stay still and will change my belief if I learn more. I will trust whatever is guiding me that it will guide me right and that I will get the tools I need when I need em. Thank god for birthamnesia. In my next life I wanna forget as much of this life as I can. It has thought me much but It has not been pleasant.

For those who don't get the number of souls i say aliens or animals. This planet have a very high number of souls that need to be enlightened and you normaly don't get there in one life. Enlightenment is not the end, its the begining.
edit on 25-9-2011 by apushforenlightment because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

At the time we didn't own a television or many toys for the kids. I was putting myself through college and we were extremely dirt poor. It could be true it was around that time we finally purchased a set.

Either way what a heck of an imagination. Mind you he has quite a concept for how war is waged.

Mind you I'm a strong believer in genetic memory. (Since before assassin's creed) and these are the kind of things I would think of as a kid.

Actually now that you mention it I grew up without television or video games and would spend hours and hours as a kid drawing pictures of massive space battles with fleets of hundreds of ships.
the school I went to recommended a psychological evaluation for me and possibly meds lol as they thought there was something wrong with me.

To me massive space battles seemed normal. It wasn't until I started watching sci first that I realized that this is what I was what I was thinking of as a kid.

Also my grandmother as a child didn't attend school and lived on a farm in a remote community. She used to have dreams and visions of what only could he described as Chinese culture. She didn't know who the Chinese were and had no concept of other races other than white at the time. She maintained this fascination into adulthood eventually living with Chinese people and learning their language. When she became old although she was a french Canadian woman she looked like an old Chinese woman eyes and facial features and everything. We later found out through one of those family lineage experts that there were in fact Chinese ancestors in our bloodline from the 1800s when many were brought to north America to build rail lines.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join