It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have kids between 3 and 6 ? Ask them about their pre-existence!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by dominicus

I wish I had kids, the problem is, I need to find the right woman first lmao.

No worries, technically you don't need the right woman. You can also pull it off with the wrong woman...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reincarnation. i think it has a lot in common with science than people think.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
so you believe your kids can rember past life's hu.
ok well try this then (it should be easy for them) ask them what they had for dinner two weeks agaio.
Now if the kid can really rember a former life then this should be a piece of cake .lol
Dude people don't rember being born so how could they p[possibly rember a former life?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Long term memory and short term memory are 2 seperate things.

I can remember quite easily what i did at work today, but i had to think for a brief second just now on what i ate for dinner - 3 seconds on what i ate for dinner last night. haha

"most people" don't remember being born because it happened so long ago, while experiencing hundreds to thousands of dreams since then, which is the point the OP is trying to get at here. If we ask our kids at a young age, they are less likely to recall an experience that has been influenced by external factors such as social media, life experiences, etc.

Your comment is the reason why OP is posting. It's very unknown territory.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
i dont believe in reincarnation because the population on earth is growing so are souls created? no one could possibly know this.i dont believe children, they are liars and ignorant.
edit on 25-9-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

Yeah I tend to go with this assertion. I've had many many experiences of kids simply making stuff up on the fly, things that were completely untrue, because they have no real conscience an early age.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

and many things that technically they dont even know about yet.

Kids are like sponges, they absorb much of whatever conversation is going on around them from TV shows they or their parents might watch to conversations their parents have.

You can also ask a kid about zombies, monsters, ghosts, fairies, and a whole host of fantasy ideas and chances are a good fraction of kids think those things are real, asking them about pre-existence or where they before they were born isn't somehow proof of reincarnation.

As a thought experiment I once sat down cleared my mind and tried to remember any possible past lives... the number of seemingly random scenarios that soon followed was quite interesting. All of it came from the top of my head. For instance in the 1630s I was a Samurai, I fell in love with the daughter of a powerful land baron, who was betrothed to a fellow Samurai. I whisked her away to my estate when she revealed she didn't want to marry my fellow warrior, I was later arrested for kidnapping and then poisoned in prison before my trial. Another scenario had me as a Chinese immigrant working on the American railroad in the late 1800s. Another had me as a blade of grass present at the Tunguska Blast. Another as a starving dog on the war torn streets of Berlin in WW2.

The point is the imagination is a vivid and powerful thing and often the mind can generate realistic, emotionally compelling and interesting stories without much conscious prompting (dreams, day dreams, inspiration, etc). For children this power is even more focused. While asking a child where they were before birth might be a fun exercise in fantasy or pretend there's no reason to think the information they give you is accurate and reincarnation is real. The same goes for us adults, it can be fun to play pretend with stuff like reincarnation but in the end there's no evidence for it and all the evidence we have suggests that we didn't exist at all before we were born.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

What makes you think that everyone born gets a soul?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

You keep talking about unicorns and silly things that not many people would believe anyway.

Asking a child if they remember where they came from does not seem harmful to me, and I don't see why they would see a reason to lie about it. I also don't see how that could "plant an idea" as other people keep saying.

It's just a question, that they probably won't even remember after a day or two, and in the meantime you might get an answer that surprises you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
i dont believe in reincarnation because the population on earth is growing so are souls created? no one could possibly know this.i dont believe children, they are liars and ignorant.
edit on 25-9-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

What if we come from other planets where the population is in the billions but those planets are dying out and the souls are re-incarnated here?

Just because the population on earth is increasing doesn't mean souls are being created.

Not saying I believe that either but just another possibility or theory.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have a daughter who is 6. I have never asked her about pre-existence for one simple reason. Even if I asked her and she came up with this elaborate story reflecting some sort of notion that she had a past life, I would write it off as her active imagination. These are the same people that have "make believe" friends, that act out fighting as ninjas, and that carry on active conversations with teddy bears. Not that I am going to trash anyone's personal story on here (I am not), but I feel that if souls were made to reincarnate, they would also be made to either retain memories or not retain memories. Thus, either 99.9% of people would either "remember" their past life/lives very vividly, or 99.9% of people would have no recollection whatsoever (if a soul does not have the capacity to retain memories).

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
My 3 year old son made me cry the other day. He was named after my step father who passed away when I was 8 years old. My son, out of the clear blue, said "mom, I use to be big like you". I thought it was just a child being a child, so I said "oh yeah?" And he said "yeah, and I had a beard like this ( took his finger and ran it around his cheeks) and I had one here ( pointed to the mustach area) and I had my socks like this (pointed to his knees)". I was shocked! I have no pictures of my stepdad. My mother lost everything in storage after he died. I have no idea how he would know these little details, especially the socks. I use to get embarrassed when he would pick me up from school cause of the shorts with socks up to his knees haha! Kids are full of surprises!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If you ask a young child a question, you will get an answer.

If they do not know the answer to the question .... you still get an answer!!!

THIS is where children come from

*mumble mumble, mutter mutter*

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
See, this is the problem. The whole subject is ridiculed which causes the entire field or theory to be supressed.

Various religions, scientist, physologist, etc. don't support the idea of reincarnation or past lives. They are afraid of anything they can't thoroughly explain so they ridicule the subject.

But what about the religions, scientists, physcologists that do support the theory? Hinduism, Buddhism, ancient Chinese, Egyptians, the Vedas and on and on who believed in the "afterlife".

How and why over the years did the subject become so tainted when it was so important 1,000's of years ago?

The premise of reaping the reward of one’s life in a new earthly existence (instead of a heavenly afterlife) appeared in the Brahmana writings (9th century BC). They spoke of a limited heavenly immortality, depending on the deeds and the quality of the sacrifices performed during one's life. After reaping the reward for them, humans have to face a second death in the heavenly realm (punarmrityu) and thereafter return to an earthly existence. The proper antidote to this fate came to be considered esoteric knowledge, attainable only during one’s earthly existence.

Even in the Bhagavad Gita it says:

"The wise person is not confused by this change called death. Just as the body casts off worn out clothes and puts on new ones, so the infinite, immortal self casts off worn out bodies and enters into new ones."

Comparative Religion
There is lots more on this website for those who want to read more.

PROOF:

How can you prove something you can't see, feel or touch? This is where science fails in the subject dealing with spiritualism. If you can't see it, touch it, or measure it, then it can't be real. How sad.

Well, we do have "circumstantial proof". There are children/people all over the world who have recalled past lives and then set out to "fact check" their memories.

Past Life Evidence:

Here is another 3 part series done by ABC 20/20:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

The fact that they write off "invisible friends", "talking to 'somebody' not there, seeing things or watching things around the room "that are not there" as child's play, schizophrenia or pschological problems is a bunch of BS.

Children are senstive at an early age because they haven't been exposed to life's crap yet. Their brains aren't full of distractions.

Children that show signs of past lives should be nutured, questioned and encouraged to share what they remember.

It needs to be done correctly, as not to lead.

Here is a link to Carol Bowman's forum where others have shared their stories. It's pretty interesting. This site is more focused on children's past lives.

Chilren's Past Lives Forum

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here's a story that my 5 yr old told me the other night.

He said that he travelled to the sun and that when he reached it, his whole body burned. He then said that God got him and put him back together and sent him back here to me in a rocket ship. He then found himself back on earth. I dont know what to make of it, but it very well could be that it meant something.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I have. He said: I don't know. Just the answer I expected. I didn't ask about his pre existence, nor did I seed his mind with any prejudice. I simply asked him about 'before he was born' whether he remembered anything. His answer, not surprisingly is that he does not know. For that matter he admits not remembering much *after* being born.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Asking a young child about memories from a previous life could have potentially harmful results.

What are some of the harmful results?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Asking a young child about memories from a previous life could have potentially harmful results.

What are some of the harmful results?

I can imagine asking a child a leading question. A question where a precondition is suggested. This precondition is then taken by the child to be a fact. I suppose the harm, if you can call it that, is a child that grows up to believe this precondition *simply* because an adult unwittingly implanted the suggestion at a young age.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
My 3 year old son made me cry the other day. He was named after my step father who passed away when I was 8 years old. My son, out of the clear blue, said "mom, I use to be big like you". I thought it was just a child being a child, so I said "oh yeah?" And he said "yeah, and I had a beard like this ( took his finger and ran it around his cheeks) and I had one here ( pointed to the mustach area) and I had my socks like this (pointed to his knees)". I was shocked! I have no pictures of my stepdad. My mother lost everything in storage after he died. I have no idea how he would know these little details, especially the socks. I use to get embarrassed when he would pick me up from school cause of the shorts with socks up to his knees haha! Kids are full of surprises!

No offense, but those attributes your child described could describe any man with facial hair who wears socks like that.

-rrr
edit on 26-9-2011 by rickyrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is an absolutely magnificent post, thank you. Reincarnation is quite real in my opinion. I just cant help but to think how many more times will this have to happen until it cease?

...the answers is quite clear now.. life is but a dream within a dream.
Lets all wake up one day

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hello

For many years as a kid. I had this recollection that i was a soldier and I was in a battle or got caught somehow and instead of surrendering, I put a pistol into my mouth and pulled the trigger. Everything would go bright red and i would wake up. Now that I am older I don't have that dream anymore. it makes you wonder.

There is a supernatural side to all this. I have seen demons while awake. They disappeared arter saying the LORD's prayer. My now 7 month old son probably has my ability to see things. If you guys could see the terror in his eyes when he looked at a certain direction, you would change you minds on that subject. I went out and got him baptized asap. Now he sees something that makes him laugh more than being terrified. I had tried taking pictures in the area where he was looking. I picked up a golden glow with a face of a woman with big beautiful; eyes that was smiling at him. I switched phones and now I don't where the pic is.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join