It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Then you're not reading any scientific sources. Homo sapiens (and its ancestors) has been eating meat for thousands of years.
No I wasn't referring to homo-sapians, I was referring to apes, and chimps.

Homo sapiens are apes.

One step at a time bunny, we have just about managed to educate him that the some of the "monkey looking hairy ones" are apes.

As a rough rule of thumb (taxonomy for children and tooth) as far as primates are concerned, if it has a tail, its a monkey, if it doesnt its an ape (I know there are a few examples of that test the rule). Tails are not the deciding factor but a useful "visual" clue.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by idmonster

Originally posted by HappyBunny

reply to post by MrXYZ

Then you're not reading any scientific sources. Homo sapiens (and its ancestors) has been eating meat for thousands of years.
No I wasn't referring to homo-sapians, I was referring to apes, and chimps.

Homo sapiens are apes.

One step at a time bunny, we have just about managed to educate him that the some of the "monkey looking hairy ones" are apes.

As a rough rule of thumb (taxonomy for children and tooth) as far as primates are concerned, if it has a tail, its a monkey, if it doesnt its an ape (I know there are a few examples of that test the rule). Tails are not the deciding factor but a useful "visual" clue.

Stars above, I am so sorry for upsetting the apple cart!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

There is documentation in the bible, with actual names of the people that say we used to live 1000 years.

There are lots of names of elfs that had long lives too in etc. Lord of the Rings. What's your point?

Which has got to be the biggest crock because you can't explain why our hair on the top of our heads can grow down to our butts.

Sexual selection. Wow! Explained. On the topic of hair, it's fascinating how there are two species of lice specific to humans, one to hair, another to pubic hair. All other apes have just one species of lice specific to them (also happen to have continuous hair). Needless to say all these lice are related, more so when we are looking at more closely related host species.
edit on 19-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

There is documentation in the bible, with actual names of the people that say we used to live 1000 years.

And where is the proof that the document is valid? You have not provided me any reason to believe that these people lived 1000 years. You just keep saying that the Bible is true because it's old. That's stupid.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Ha ha ha. Typical answer from someone who has read Hebrews without any understanding. You are of course wrong but. If you had read it correctly it clearly says we are home.
No colin, I see your still giving it a try at opening up a book.

I already showed this to you once, but here it is again...

gspcsermons.blogspot.com...

And yet again, here is a song about it...
oakridgechurch.com...

And here is a PDF about the topic in case this is the other way you might remember it.
www.google.com...=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=Earth+is+not+our+home&oq=Earth+is+not+our+home&aq=f&aqi=g2g-v2&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=254781l258390l3l25865 6l21l13l0l1l1l1l766l3205l0.5.7.6-1l14l0&gs_l=hp.3..0l2j0i15l2.254781l258390l3l258656l21l13l0l1l1l1l766l3205l0j5j7j6-1l14l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r _gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=ce115d05ebe7b36c&biw=1202&bih=584

And I think this one is an audio file in case you learn that way...
www.wineskins.net/pdf/nothome.pdf

Here is the christian view on it...
www.christianitytoday.com...

Apparently its even mentioned in the genesis chapter...
www.answersingenesis.org...

Here you can buy the paperback...
www.amazon.com... 70296767556759478&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_8oe8gn5d6k_e

This is backed up by: humans are guardians of God's Creation (Quran 6:165), and this does not make us superior and thus allow us to abuse, as we're all God's species (Quran 6:38)

And the hindu vedas say It is considered that only from the earth, and only after a human life, can the soul reach supreme salvation,

You have obviously not studied the historical documents in the correct way. Which really sums it up
I think, like most, your taking it wrong. Which doesn't shock me. I have even been able to find some translation errors.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Homo sapiens are apes
True but humans aren't apes. Thats like calling a bicycle a car.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

There are lots of names of elfs that had long lives too in etc. Lord of the Rings. What's your point?
If you don't understand the difference between Lord of the rings and the bible, you will never realize what has happened.

Sexual selection. Wow! Explained.
WTH was that, both men and women grow hair, OMG.

On the topic of hair, it's fascinating how there are two species of lice specific to humans, one to hair, another to pubic hair. All other apes have just one species of lice specific to them (also happen to have continuous hair). Needless to say all these lice are related, more so when we are looking at more closely related host species.
It's not hard to believe at all, we have totally different hair, and more than one type on our bodies.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

The bible also claims a guy survived inside a whale...so sorry, but that's really not objective evidence. I can't believe you pretend the 1000 years figure is a fact just because the bible says so...especially given the fact the bible is full of wrong information.

No one said you would die, but you could get sick, and its probably just well kept.

Food turns bad when not stored correctly, yes...and rotten food poses issues for most animals too. On the up side, we can handle alcohol better.

Which has got to be the biggest crock because you can't explain why our hair on the top of our heads can grow down to our butts.

We don't actually have less hairs than our ancestors...it's just a lot shorter and thinner. So in effect our hair grows all the way down to our butts

As for the evolution of seals, we have a detailed fossil record since 2009. Oh, and of course homo spiens (aka us) are apes, just like gorillas and orang utans.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The bible also claims a guy survived inside a whale...so sorry, but that's really not objective evidence. I can't believe you pretend the 1000 years figure is a fact just because the bible says so...especially given the fact the bible is full of wrong information.
How do you know men can't survive inside a whale. Have you tried it? How do you not know they might have been describing a boat. Anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

We don't actually have less hairs than our ancestors...it's just a lot shorter and thinner. So in effect our hair grows all the way down to our butts
Well at least our head hair does. Point being, the hair on the top of our heads.... Wait for it, your never going to believe it, actually serves a purpose, and I don't mean to keep our brains warm.

As for the evolution of seals, we have a detailed fossil record since 2009
thats fine but do any of those records prove dogs came from seals? And if so I want to see links on it.

Oh, and of course homo spiens (aka us) are apes, just like gorillas and orang utans.
But again, humans aren't apes.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

How do you know men can't survive inside a whale. Have you tried it? How do you not know they might have been describing a boat. Anything is possible.

You're serious... you're being serious right now... I think your brain might be missing a few synapses.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Yes, they are. Your opinion does not make us non-apes. We're apes. It's a fact. By the classification that science uses, we are 100% ape.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

We can't be apes, we can't be NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Except for surviving inside a whale because:

A) you wouldn't fit into anything without having the whale spit you out...except maybe a blue whale

B) them pushing you to their stomach (not lungs, because that would require you to enter through their blow hole...good luck sticking a grown human in there) would break most of your bones, and rip you apart if it was a whale with teeth.

C) no air being inside whale stomachs. Kinda important to breathe...

D) Whales dive and the pressure isn't equalized to the point that would allow humans to survive. You'd get crushed.

IN short, we know for a FACT people can't survive inside whales

edit on 20-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Well at least our head hair does. Point being, the hair on the top of our heads.... Wait for it, your never going to believe it, actually serves a purpose, and I don't mean to keep our brains warm.

Actually, it heats/cools the head, and protects it against UV rays.

thats fine but do any of those records prove dogs came from seals? And if so I want to see links on it.

Read the link I posted again, it doesn't say dogs evolved from seals

You do realize that repeating this nonsense won't make it true, right?

Humans are part of Hominidae (aka apes), just like gorillas, orangutans, and chimps. And that's a FACT!

Here's the 100% confirmed proof of that: LINK

So in the future, you can stop repeating that nonsense, it's the 3rd or 4th time you post it...and every time you get told you're wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Sorry but you are just not qualified to understand what the documents say.

Idiots like you fool themselves that they understand but they just dont and you certainly dont.

What I said is correct and as usual you dont answer. You have again failed to disprove Our target food is all food. and we are the only native species to this planet.

edit on 20-3-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

If we evolved from apes why do we still have apes?
I know of the fossil that was found, claiming that a fish gave life to land. Unfortinatly I do not remember where I seen it.
Although I am not religious as far as normal religions go. I do beleive that there is something out there which assisted us in our growth as humans. I do not believe that it was one god like the bible states, but species of E.T.s however the biblical stories I do think hold water. not all, but some. I think that they wrote it in a way that they thought people of all erras would be able to know what they was witnessing. there is to many caltures that speak of advanced beings in their writings and arts.
so to say it best I to am confused!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

If you don't understand the difference between Lord of the rings and the bible, you will never realize what has happened.

If you don't understand the difference between peer-reviewed science and stories, you will never realize what has happened.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeogie
If we evolved from apes why do we still have apes?

Why wouldn't there be? We apes too.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Actually, it heats/cools the head, and protects it against UV rays.

It's also a strong sexual indicator of health.

new topics

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join