It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 310
<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Whenever you post I have to think about the weird kid in high school who always said "my mom said I'm special" whenever someone criticized him

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but biologically speaking you aren't any more special than chimps. You share a common ancestor with them, and that's a FACT. You might not like facts, but it just makes you look silly to ignore them like you do

Let's not kid yourself. Your beef with the theory of evolution isn't about facts or evidence...your beef is with the fact that it goes against what's said in the bible. And your religious brainwashing prevents you from thinking rationally and logically if it disagrees with the bible....the very same book that has TONS of demonstrable FALSE claims

It's really quite sad...
edit on 20-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Varemia

You clearly don't understand taxonomy at all. Google it.
I just don't hold it as any evidence.

Just like how we have a common ancestor with apes. In other words we are a relative. There is nothing in our genes that proves that. They speculate because they are close, but close only counts in horseshoes and handgranades.

98% identical DNA is not close enough to be genetically related? You must be smoking something hard.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I think after reading its drivel it has very little to do with being brainwashed by religion.

Tooth has mental issues and deep set problems. His denial of reality and the world around him has nothing to do with the bible.

We have done and shown the moron everything. We have pointed to things you can see now, today that everyone knows to be reality and even if you stood infront of him and played tug with a dog he would deny it happened. If you showed him a lion tearing an animal apart he would claim it fake as they have wonderful disney lives.

You could push his head down the throat of a whale and as he took his last breath he would be planning where he would put his bed and ask where the television was.

His only answer to the bushmen that prove him wrong is they cant live in the artic. He makes up words like a barrier to prevent any glimmer of understanding ever touching his deluded fantasy and like a child throws a hissy fit if anyone mentions we are part of this world and the life on it.

All I can see is a small frightened creature that denies his life and his mortality. Wastes his life in a fairy tale and intends to drag us down with him. I say let the fool live in ignorance as he has shown he is not willing to do anything else.

He does not want to be part of this world, fine. Time to stop rewarding the fool with attention. The only reason I can see for him continuing to act the way he is.

He is the most ignorant and troubled person I have ever met. You know what wolves do when a pup refuses to behave within the pack. They turn their backs to it. We should do the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Is that collective wolfpack grinning?

Live and a good rest.

Give it a listen.......

edit on 20-3-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Whenever you post I have to think about the weird kid in high school who always said "my mom said I'm special" whenever someone criticized him

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but biologically speaking you aren't any more special than chimps. You share a common ancestor with them, and that's a FACT. You might not like facts, but it just makes you look silly to ignore them like you do

Let's not kid yourself. Your beef with the theory of evolution isn't about facts or evidence...your beef is with the fact that it goes against what's said in the bible.
Now this is a new one, I wasn't aware the bible had any conflicts with evolution. Can you quote some pages for me??

And your religious brainwashing prevents you from thinking rationally and logically if it disagrees with the bible....the very same book that has TONS of demonstrable FALSE claims
Well I don't believe in faith, and I don't attend church so which brainwashing were you referring to.

It's really quite sad...
No I think whats quite sad is how just a few days ago I was being bombarded with us having a common ancestor, now people are trying to tell me humans are apes. Which is it?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

98% identical DNA is not close enough to be genetically related? You must be smoking something hard.
Our DNA also matches 70% with rats, but we don't look anything like them. Would you have to be smoking something to believe that?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I think after reading its drivel it has very little to do with being brainwashed by religion.

Tooth has mental issues and deep set problems. His denial of reality and the world around him has nothing to do with the bible.

We have done and shown the moron everything. We have pointed to things you can see now, today that everyone knows to be reality and even if you stood infront of him and played tug with a dog he would deny it happened. If you showed him a lion tearing an animal apart he would claim it fake as they have wonderful disney lives.

You could push his head down the throat of a whale and as he took his last breath he would be planning where he would put his bed and ask where the television was.

His only answer to the bushmen that prove him wrong is they cant live in the artic. He makes up words like a barrier to prevent any glimmer of understanding ever touching his deluded fantasy and like a child throws a hissy fit if anyone mentions we are part of this world and the life on it.

All I can see is a small frightened creature that denies his life and his mortality. Wastes his life in a fairy tale and intends to drag us down with him. I say let the fool live in ignorance as he has shown he is not willing to do anything else.

He does not want to be part of this world, fine. Time to stop rewarding the fool with attention. The only reason I can see for him continuing to act the way he is.

He is the most ignorant and troubled person I have ever met. You know what wolves do when a pup refuses to behave within the pack. They turn their backs to it. We should do the same
You know colin after I read this, I realized just how much you live in your own little world. Dogs do bite usually when they grin, and the bushman doesn't usually live in the arctic.

I don't know why you just can't accept the fact that you failed at every single question I ever threw at you. In a major way I might add. I think you take it personally but you failed to realize that they were trick questions. I knew there was no correct answer to them because we are not from here. You not going to be able to produce answers that were never there to begin with.

I think its funny however that you would extrapolate to the ends of the earth either trying to come up with an answer or avoiding it by changing the subject. Like the snails in the tanks. You seriously need to grow up and be honest with not only others, but yourself. House sparrows are not friends of man, they might be friends of the homes we build but that wasn't the questions. Field mice CANT be converted to door mice, but I just threw that at you to see if you seriously try to hard to make evolution make sense. And it worked. You were puzzled for a short time wondering if field mice could become door mice.

You have evolution on the brain, and I know you might say the same thing about me an aliens but you will also notice that its few and far between that aliens are the excuse for anything. You seriously need to grow up.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

Our DNA also matches 70% with rats, but we don't look anything like them. Would you have to be smoking something to believe that?

We ARE related to rats. Have you never gone to school, or did you go to Bible camp your whole life? Rats are close enough physiologically to us that we are able to test our medicine on their bodies and observe the effects on their organ system. Why would we have the same organs as rats if we were unrelated?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

We ARE related to rats. Have you never gone to school, or did you go to Bible camp your whole life? Rats are close enough physiologically to us that we are able to test our medicine on their bodies and observe the effects on their organ system. Why would we have the same organs as rats if we were unrelated?
There is no proof of any of that. Your guessing based on our DNA being close, which in itself is not proof.

The only thing that our DNA being similar proves, is that our DNA is similar.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I want to know what school you go to that is teaching you we are related to rats? If its a college I want to know how much you paid to learn this

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The only thing that our DNA being similar proves, is that our DNA is similar.

And what happens when you add another factor: heritability? Genomes closest to yours are those of your parents and siblings. Genomes closest to your parents genomes are those of their parents and siblings. Ever heard of this thing called deduction, i.e. drawing of conclusions by reasoning?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

I want to know what school you go to that is teaching you we are related to rats? If its a college I want to know how much you paid to learn this

It's how a lot of modern medicine is performed. Look it up if you don't believe me. I know real life can be hard to accept sometimes for someone as delusional as you.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It's statements like this that make it absolute apparent to us that you never even bothered to try to understand evolution. How did you manage to pass your biology class, or maybe you're a high school dropout?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

And what happens when you add another factor: heritability? Genomes closest to yours are those of your parents and siblings. Genomes closest to your parents genomes are those of their parents and siblings. Ever heard of this thing called deduction, i.e. drawing of conclusions by reasoning?
Parents have nothing to do with species changing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

It's how a lot of modern medicine is performed. Look it up if you don't believe me. I know real life can be hard to accept sometimes for someone as delusional as you.
Well sure in terms of bacteria and viruses, but there is no grounding for the basis.

I digress once again to when I was talking about the fact that we honestly have no proof of knowing if a species is changing out of its species. How do we know or not know that 6 feet people are normal? We don't, we assume they are normal because most of us are that way, and that is a fact.

So this is how we determine the ground basis for things changing, its bases on an assumption.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It's statements like this that make it absolute apparent to us that you never even bothered to try to understand evolution. How did you manage to pass your biology class, or maybe you're a high school dropout?
I even went into college for a science background.

Not much about evolution was taught when I was in high school, neither was religion. I think they both have there flaws. No I tried, but when I got handed links telling me that evolution is a postulated hypothetical theory, it kind of summed things up for me.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Parents have nothing to do with species changing.

Heritability is at the heart of speciation. And that wasn't the point anyway. I just showed you what similarity in DNA means. You said it doesn't prove anything. I showed you, that your failure to understand the implications of DNA similarity reside in your absence of understanding some of the most basic concepts such as heritability.

edit on 21-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Heritability is at the heart of speciation. And that wasn't the point anyway. I just showed you what similarity in DNA means. You said it doesn't prove anything. I showed you, that your failure to understand the implications of DNA similarity reside in your absence of knowledge. So now you know what DNA similarity implies.
Well you didn't show me what similarity in DNA means, you gave me your idea of what it means. There is nothing that proves that similar DNA is related, its an assumption based on gross imagination.

Of course it's only logical to assume that when DNA matches that its an identical species, but there is a big difference between that and DNA thats similar.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well you didn't show me what similarity in DNA means, you gave me your idea of what it means. There is nothing that proves that similar DNA is related, its an assumption based on gross imagination.

It's based on empirical evidence, not gross imagination. How do you think parental testing happens? Yep, similarity in DNA. We know for a fact, that the degree of similarity in DNA correlates directly with relatedness.
edit on 21-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It's based on empirical evidence, not gross imagination. How do you think parental testing happens? Yep, similarity in DNA. We know for a fact, that the degree of similarity in DNA correlates directly with relatedness.
then how do you not know its a different species?

<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join