It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 308
<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by HappyBunny

Homo sapiens are apes
True but humans aren't apes. Thats like calling a bicycle a car.

You know, I think this goes right to the nitty gritty of the whole creationist/"evolution can't be true" position. The total inability to accept that not only are humans apes, but we both evolved from a common ancestor, makes you throw the baby out with the bathwater. You're so anthropocentric and taught to believe that humans are the pinnacle of God's creation that you can't possibly believe it might not be true. "I don't think it's true, therefore it isn't." That's wishful thinking...but repeating it over and over and over again doesn't change the facts, Toothy.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeogie
reply to post by TheHistorian

If we evolved from apes why do we still have apes?

This is one of the biggest mistakes that beginners at learning evolution make. Evolution does not replace the previous organism, and we did not evolve from apes. We are apes, and both the other apes and ourselves evolved from a common ancestor. Basically, rewind our species and the other apes about 5.5 million years or so, and we'll look exactly the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

You're serious... you're being serious right now... I think your brain might be missing a few synapses.
Again it could have been a metaphor.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Yes, they are. Your opinion does not make us non-apes. We're apes. It's a fact. By the classification that science uses, we are 100% ape.
Please your cracking me up...
there obviously has to be some differences between humans and apes otherwise we would be called the same thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Again, it could have been a metaphor.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Actually, it heats/cools the head, and protects it against UV rays.
UV rays, would you please stop making things up, I want to see links on this, what a joke.

Read the link I posted again, it doesn't say dogs evolved from seals
I don't know which link your speaking of.

You do realize that repeating this nonsense won't make it true, right?

Humans are part of Hominidae (aka apes), just like gorillas, orangutans, and chimps. And that's a FACT!
Well I think you summed it up yourself genus when you wrote, part of. Now correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't part of mean not whole?

Here's the 100% confirmed proof of that: LINK

So in the future, you can stop repeating that nonsense, it's the 3rd or 4th time you post it...and every time you get told you're wrong.

Whoopti doo, we belong to the same family which doesn't mean we are the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Sorry but you are just not qualified to understand what the documents say.

Idiots like you fool themselves that they understand but they just dont and you certainly dont.

What I said is correct and as usual you dont answer. You have again failed to disprove Our target food is all food. and we are the only native species to this planet
I have no idea what your talking about, and if we are from here, how is it that we are destroying the planet genus?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

If you don't understand the difference between peer-reviewed science and stories, you will never realize what has happened.
Of course I understand the difference. There is a big difference between not understanding that, and someone just labeling a book to there liking. You have no proof its a story book, your making assumptions.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It's also a strong sexual indicator of health.
Our hair doesn't grow as an indicator. It serves an important purpose, and its not to keep anything cool or warm.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You know, I think this goes right to the nitty gritty of the whole creationist/"evolution can't be true" position. The total inability to accept that not only are humans apes, but we both evolved from a common ancestor, makes you throw the baby out with the bathwater. You're so anthropocentric and taught to believe that humans are the pinnacle of God's creation that you can't possibly believe it might not be true. "I don't think it's true, therefore it isn't." That's wishful thinking...but repeating it over and over and over again doesn't change the facts, Toothy.
There is a big difference between me not having the ability to accept things, and feeling your just taking things out of context.

Way out of context. We are not apes. There is speculation that we are related, which is based on frail material to begin with. People are making an assumption on the closeness of our DNA. The bottom line is that a creator could have used recycled parts, just like using the idea from a bike tire, to make a car tire. But a car is not a bike.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Well I think you summed it up yourself genus when you wrote, part of. Now correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't part of mean not whole?

I have no idea what your talking about, and if we are from here, how is it that we are destroying the planet genus?

lol,

genus = irony

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Please your cracking me up...
there obviously has to be some differences between humans and apes otherwise we would be called the same thing.

We are called the same thing. Apes. We just call our SPECIES of ape human. Really, this is grade 1 stuff right here.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Connector

I think the fact that High Genus He-who-shall-not-be-named of the Church of Aliens and Arcane Viruses that Have No Evidence's reading comprehension doesn't understand extend to recognizing the difference between these two statements:

1. "Humans are part of Hominidae (aka apes), just like gorillas, orangutans, and chimps." -- what XYZ actually wrote
2. "Humans are part Hominidae (aka apes), just like gorillas, orangutans, and chimps." -- what the High Genus read

and then proceeded to call other people "genus" broke my irony meter completely.

Do you think he knows that "irony" doesn't mean "similar to or containing iron"?
edit on 20/3/2012 by iterationzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

UV rays, would you please stop making things up, I want to see links on this, what a joke.

No, I'm not kidding, here's the official study: LINK

Also, before calling things a "joke", you might wanna do at least 5min of research, 'cause otherwise it's you who looks like a joke

I don't know which link your speaking of.

The one YOU linked in your answer. Fact is, dogs didn't evolve from seals as you claimed, so it's going to be hard to find you evidence to the contrary. You simply misread the article showing how seals evolved from a dog-like creature.

It means just like gorillas, we are classified as apes too.

Whoopti doo, we belong to the same family which doesn't mean we are the same.

It means we are apes, just like chips and orangutans. That's all we've been saying. Of course we aren't 100% the same, but we are all apes.

We are not apes.

As I said, and proved in he link I posted, we ARE apes....and that's a FACT. You can repeat the contrary all you want, but it's just going to make you look uneducated.

And calling DNA analysis, fossil evidence, and the analysis of migratory trends "frail" is beyond laughable. We have just as much credible evidence for evolution as we have for Newton's theories, or the theories that make your computer work.

I'm not sure why you don't realize that you posting crap and being debunked EVERY SINGLE TIME doesn't make you seem all that clever. You claim the bible is correct 100% for crying out loud, including people surviving inside whales. That's laughable, sorry

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

We are called the same thing. Apes. We just call our SPECIES of ape human. Really, this is grade 1 stuff right here
I think your stretching the species idea a tad to far.

Just like calling a bicycle a car.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It's also a strong sexual indicator of health.
Our hair doesn't grow as an indicator.

The hell it doesn't. You're a guy, right? Don't you look at women with long, shiny, healthy hair more than you do someone with lank hair? Being able to grow long hair is indicative of youth, vitality, and health. It's the reason why almost the first thing many of us do when we get married is cut it off--we don't need it anymore.

It serves an important purpose, and its not to keep anything cool or warm.

You've said that several times. Explain.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

No, I'm not kidding, here's the official study: LINK
You idiot, did you not even read your link. It says nothing about proving our hair is specifically for UV protection, only that a test was done. OMG.

Also, before calling things a "joke", you might wanna do at least 5min of research, 'cause otherwise it's you who looks like a joke
I just did my 5 minutes reading the link you didn't.

The one YOU linked in your answer. Fact is, dogs didn't evolve from seals as you claimed, so it's going to be hard to find you evidence to the contrary. You simply misread the article showing how seals evolved from a dog-like creature.
And from this you are able to stretch things to say that they are related?

It means just like gorillas, we are classified as apes too.
It is true they do this, but only in a way, not in all aspects. Not that I agree with it anyhow. Your stretching things a mile for sure.

It means we are apes, just like chips and orangutans. That's all we've been saying. Of course we aren't 100% the same, but we are all apes.
Well I will agree we are humanoid.

As I said, and proved in he link I posted, we ARE apes....and that's a FACT. You can repeat the contrary all you want, but it's just going to make you look uneducated.
Anyone with half a brain knows thats false. It's a wonder why we keep them in cages.

And calling DNA analysis, fossil evidence, and the analysis of migratory trends "frail" is beyond laughable. We have just as much credible evidence for evolution as we have for Newton's theories, or the theories that make your computer work.
That isn't true at all, we build computers, we don't build apes.

I'm not sure why you don't realize that you posting crap and being debunked EVERY SINGLE TIME doesn't make you seem all that clever. You claim the bible is correct 100% for crying out loud, including people surviving inside whales. That's laughable, sorry
I would believe we survived inside a whale long before I would believe we are apes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I would believe we survived inside a whale long before I would believe we are apes.

That explains a lot

Look, as as been posted multiple times now, we are 100% apes. You might not like that because you believe you're "speciul", but factually, you are an ape just like gorillas and the rest of us.

So if continue denying that, all you accomplish is making yourself look silly

And as has been explained in the article I linked, hair isn't just there for thermal insulation, but also UV protection. You clearly didn't read the whole thing, because your post follows mine too quickly. Protecting from cold is 100% a factor as we lose most heat through our head.

Now, for a change...how about you provide some evidence of your viewpoint? Because that's something you haven't done on any of the pages in this thread

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I know you have no idea. I told you that you are not qualified to read and understand the historical documents.

You have again failed answer me and disprove that all other animals are not from here.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The bottom line is that a creator could have used recycled parts, just like using the idea from a bike tire, to make a car tire. But a car is not a bike.

In your Bible it clearly states that man was made from dirt. Nothing about recycled parts. Or is it so, that this part we don't read literally? People living 1000s of years on the other hand we take literally, because..?

top topics

<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join