It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Website: www.Enigma-Amgine.com (a game)

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator

Originally posted by thorneakavar
reply to post by Druid42

I cannot access the chat either. I bet we are both using google chrome and that is the solution to this mystery! When I click chat it pops up with a disclaimer and stays gray.

You need 10 posts to get into chat. I am using google chrome and am able to access chat just fine. If you could, post your computer specs, such as what OS are you using? (Windows, Linux, Apple, etc.... Windows xp, vista, 7, etc) What browser? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc). Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit operating system? Are you running any anti-virus software, if so what brands (Avast, norton, spyblocker, etc)

I am available for other chat methods for quasi-tech support, aim, skype, (facebook If I HAVE to), whatever you use for social networking. etc... someone more technically minded should probably assume this role, haha
edit on 24-9-2011 by IntegratedInstigator because: stupid spelling error

OFFTOPIC: I meet the post reqs. As far as my specs go, (am geeky) I run XP and Mint 8 linux in dual boot. I have as browsers FF 6, IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera in XP, and FF 3, IE and Opera in Linux. I have checked anything pertinent as far as flash, java, popups, firewalls, and I don't run any AV software (viruses are a hobby of mine, I like to catch them for the zoo). I am 32-bit, 1.6 ghz, 1 gb ram, and have all the latest updates for all my hardware. Everything, and I mean everything else, works fine, youtube, blah-blah, no other problems with anything anywhere, except this GD ATS chat thing. I've looked at the source given in the popup, can see the icon tables, and get the text box, but everything else remains grey. I refresh and wait. Wash, rinse, repeat. I watch network activity, and it fades away for that particular popup. It simply doesn't work.

Ok, I am done ranting. I use Pidgin to chat. I'll boot it up if ANYONE wants to help me, u2u for required info.

I really, really want to join the Enigma chat, but can't. I have been pulling hair for three days now. I'm gonna start a new thread in Board Business & Questions, so let's take this conversation over there and post accordingly. Thanks to everyone who has addressed my chat issues. I appreciate it, but let's get back to the real purpose of this thread......

ETA: Here's the LINK.
edit on 9/24/11 by Druid42 because: added link

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jankopernik

Very well done! Did you find it by going through the source line by line? If so, you are a better man than me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Nice job!
I was searching through that thread, but using jpg, pageholder, and some other terms as input methods.
Tricky... very tricky.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It says

"moderate brings fraud story"

without quotes. In the logo of the memo.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondTheFold

No, I didn't search the source line by line exactly. However, there are ways to see it without going into the source. You can do a 'select all' on the page and see the text after the last post, or if you can turn off the page style and the text shows up. The trick is to find the right page to do that on.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
if your gonna search the source code and assuming you use firefox just copy and paste the enigma website into the Find box (Edit>Find) and it will find it for you rather than scouring through the endless wall of text.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Yep, sure does.
Now, as far as what that clue may lead to.... how many "fraud stories" have there been on here?
Certainly doesn't narrow it down much.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm starting with former mod and very early member "Netchicken" He has done some shenanigans in the past.
edit on 9/24/2011 by Kellter because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
WOW, you all are some very very bright individuals!!! Sincerly, no sarcasm. I am blown away with your resourcefullness (is that spelled right?) i wish wish wish, i could participate in solving this, but unfortunately i am limited to my droid and only for a few hours a day, im a truck driver and the DOT frowns on ATS posting while driving i believe lol. Ive been reading this entire thread the last few days after driving and it is soooo fricking intriguing!! I know its a game, but its still interesting and unique just to follow along on. while i dont think a 32g 3G Ipad is a worthy prize for whoever "wins" i know many of us will give whoever it is, MAD fricking respect too. In summation, good luck ya'll, your doing an outstanding job, you have keep me glued to this thread while im in my sleeper lol. So thanks again OP for spotting it and to everyone who has contributed. Cant wait til this plays out. Please forgive my smarmy retort a billion pages back about the date thingy lol, drived me nuts when i was posting on Zazzs thread about the time traveler in the chapling dvde extra lol. Hmmmm wonder if they will use that thread??? Again, congrats and good luck!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Congrats on the find

will be posting an update to mention this

Marshall

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
TsukiLunar:
page 1: www.enigma-amgine.com...

coldfiremx / DiogenesofSinope
page 2: www.enigma-amgine.com...

whatsinaname:
page 3: www.enigma-amgine.com...

Cameoii:
page 4: www.enigma-amgine.com...

TWISTEDWORDS / Wookiep within 4mins of each other
page 5: www.enigma-amgine.com...

GrizzlyAdams
page 6: www.enigma-amgine.com...

Cameoii
page 7: files.abovetopsecret.com...

myster0
page 8: files.abovetopsecret.com...

Kellter
page 9: www.enigma-amgine.com...

IntegratedInstigator / 1FullHouse (within 2 mins of II's find)
page 10: www.enigma-amgine.com...

telemetry
page 11: www.enigma-amgine.com...

jankopernik
page 12: www.enigma-amgine.com...
edit on 24-9-2011 by Marshall Twinie because: btw Druid, i'm working on the google docs, will be done tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
moderate brings fraud story?

so the winner isn't getting that iPad now or what???

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I just re-read the latest journal page and noticed some typos. First, the word 'my' is written twice. Looks like the word that should have been used is 'make'. Secondly, the word 'my' is used where 'me' should be used. I remember it being stated earlier that all 'mistakes' are intentional, so, perhaps more of the clue? Can the clue be read as "moderate brings fraud story make my"?

Druid42 I share your pain with chat - does not seem to work with firefox on my linux box, however, I was able to access chat on my touchpad.
edit on 24-9-2011 by jankopernik because: a little clean-up

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jankopernik
I believe I have the next page.

www.enigma-amgine.com...

Found on this page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

filename was in a div tag with no .jpg extension

Next clue is: "moderate brings fraud story"
edit on 24-9-2011 by jankopernik because: edit to add next clue

Of course you know I am going to ask you to be more specific, so other members can verify the clues.

Where in the doc was the file name?. They switched clues because they realized people were doing searches for .jpgs. How in God's name did you find that? How did you determine the next clue? Please explain.

Welcome aboard! I think you are hooked as well now, letting your mind be twisted by this insane ARG. I'm lovin' it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
FYI the man is on chat.

Obligatory second line.

Get on it guys/gals

NVM
edit on 11/9/24 by telemetry because: carry on.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
We have been following a lead in the chat and I decided to go through and highlight areas of the latest clue I feel are important to solving the next, and I have color coded things a bit, Blue being areas that kinda dont make sense in the way the sentence reads, red being errors, green being things to pay attention to, and orange is the clue with the hidden words placed in them.

DISCLAIMER.. THIS IS A MODIFICATION OF AN OFFICIAL CLUE FOR REFERENCE TO A CLUE THEORY, REFER TO THE OFFICIAL PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL CLUE HUNTING IN CASE OF EXTRA INFORMATION NOT YET FOUND
edit on 24-9-2011 by thorneakavar because: add disclaimer

edit on 25-9-2011 by thorneakavar because: Larger image

PS watch this post while this clue is ACTIVE, I will try to update findings...

The sentence makes sense in paragraph 1 line 3 if you replace the first MY with MODERATE, leaving MY either destroyed or as the begining of a message.

The second highlight in red in the 3rd paragraph on the 3rd line should read ME not MY, maybe we have a Y=E code or it could be we have an E thats floating

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind the previous clue had an R missing... that means R MY and E are unaccounted for.
edit on 25-9-2011 by thorneakavar because: (no reason given)

From SO appearing in chat and answering a few questions it is more or less been said that the Grammar mistakes are being caused by stress and pressure and dont lead to clues... More or less being key
edit on 25-9-2011 by thorneakavar because: new info

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
A Drive by chat featuring "SkepticOverLord" as the Driver

he came, he spoke, he ran off

---------- BEGIN ----------

SkepticOverlord joined the room.

SkepticOverlord: nice progress tonight

QuantumCypher: Hey SO! Great game! Tho I think you own stock in Tylenol and are using the game to pump demand.
SkepticOverlord: heh

Sage2000: yeah need 1 of these every 2 months at least!!!
SkepticOverlord: Sage2000: we do these every once in a while when we have a break from other business in the "back office"

SkepticOverlord: get ready for some plot twists
SkepticOverlord: that's all I have to say for now

coldfiremx: Plot in the game or the story?
SkepticOverlord: coldfiremx: why would it not be both?, g'night

SkepticOverlord left the room. (Logged out)

SkepticOverlord joined the room.

SkepticOverlord: a bit of helping tip for you folks
SkepticOverlord: the journal is OBVIOUSLY being written
by someone under increasing stress and urgency, so clearly there will be some odd phrasing, typos, and grammar gaffs.
SkepticOverLord: If the personal journal was perfect, then we'd assume he wasn't being genuine

Deaf Alien: was Mr Mask a mod?
SkepticOverlord: Deaf Alien: no
Deaf Alien: ok thanks SO wasn't directed at you but thanks anyway

telemetry: Implying that the clues will be pretty obvious, right.

BeyondTheFold: No thorne, that would be us.

Sage2000: ahh only to show the stress and stuff he is under then

QuantumCypher: OR is this your way of telling us only up to this point?

thorneakavar: so... Kent is going insane?
SkepticOverlord: thorneakavar: (evil internal laugh when you find the final page)
thorneakavar: I like the sound of that... when "I" find the last page
(evil laugh similar to SO's)

telemetry: Well, I'm sure that travelnig through time time can really mess with a persons psyche.

Deaf Alien: while we're at it SO was mikesingh a mod?
SkepticOverlord: Deaf Alien: no
why?
Deaf Alien: no reason lol
Deaf Alien: thanks
SkepticOverlord: there's always a reason, those are very odd questions
Deaf Alien: ok SO because of the last clue

thorneakavar: do we need any physical tools for the clues, other than our mind and image editing software... say 3d glasses or a descrambler?
SkepticOverlord: still haven't figured out how to get the unredacted version of the redacted page yet, huh?
telemetry: nope, not on my end.
telemetry: SO, is it a stereo image?
SkepticOverlord: telemetry: won't say

SkepticOverlord: gotta run, good luck
SkepticOverlord left the room. (Logged out)

---------- END ----------

edit on 25-9-2011 by Marshall Twinie because: to fix a runner

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm don't have time to read this whole thread since I'm on my phone and the battery is low, but has anyone else noticed the hidden message in the pages at the bottom of the home page? They are all red letters and the following is what I found:

THE GATES REALY WINKLE. THE WORLD IS RUN BY 147 ADL IRONY.

This is strange. The first part sounds ridiculous, but I'm wondering what 147 and ADL is. Has anyone had a chance to try and decipher this?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Welcome to the game and good luck. That has all been solved, check out the update post at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Apparently I got kicked off of ATS for typing too many swears into ATS Chat (just chat habit, sorry!). I am not sure how long this ATS Chat Ban will last, as its the first time I have been kicked. Erm... I will be following the game update regardless of my chat-ban. Sorry for typing too many naughty words into ATS chat, I never wish to experience this chat-ban again. I will watch my language from hence-forth.

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join